Originally Posted by fbrider
MS may not be perfect but osx isnt either. its far from it.
1. snow leopard and its guest account deleting all your data? thats a huge huge huge flaw.
Its a very bad flaw, but its not a huge flaw. Your chances of encountering it are less than winning a lottery. It cant even be recreated easily. Apple hasnt even released an emergency patch for it, they are waiting to release it with 10.6.2. That should tell you how likely it is to affect someone.
2. i can build/buy a computer for $1200 thats 300X better and faster and cooler looking with a 24 in screen for the same price than a imac.
Go for it. In fact, go ahead spec out this machine that is 300x better for us. Teach us something, will you? I really cant see how you can build an AIO from stock parts, but maybe you have some made skills.
3. i can play games... enough said there
I can play games, too. Some mac users have Windows for playing games on there Macs, but I think most Mac users are like me, and arent focusing on games as a reason to buy a computer. If your focus is playing games then building your own machine is the way to go, if its not playing games why are cramping your machine down everyones throat as the option possible option? Sounds like sour grapes to me.
4. nothings ever apples fault, its always users fault. Data deletion? your fault. your battery in your iphone is blowing up? your fault. we're also going to pay you to shut up and if you talk we'll sue you.
That is the farthest from the truth. Apple customers like the ease of use to get CE repaired and replaced with little hassle. Its a valid reason to go with a company that has better service. I can make my own steak dinner but I do like to go out and get the service of a good restaurant. Why is such a problem for you?
5. they might be good for not getting viruses but that will soon change IF mac get a bigger market share.
Theyve been getting a bigger marketshare and yet it hasnt happened. On top of that, Macs take over 90% of computer sales of machines over $1000+. You know, where people who have money and personal information worth stealing tend to fall. Yet still no rampant viruses. Your myth was busted years ago. Now youre gonna tell us that Mac have no software for them.
6. psystar is doing the right thing by taking apple to court. APPLE IS A BIGGER MONOPOLY THEN MS!!!!! everything has to be theirs or they will cry about it. go psystar, take apple down!!
Did you just say that Apple didnt have marketshare, but now they are a monopoly? Sounds like someone needs to proofread before hitting submit. You have faied to realize that Psystar cant win here, even if they win in court. They lose and the consumer loses even more. All Apple has to do is not sell retail upgrades of OS X, make it require an authentication code, have it phone home to verify and/or charge a lot more for the discs if you cant prove you have bought a Mac.
Also, if Apple were forced to socialize their OS and not be allowed to sell it in a free market, then Psystar couldnt survive because Apple could easily monopolize on Dell, HP and others who it could work to get driver support, offer licensing and total kill any of the crap machines Psystar puts out. Apple still wins financially, yet MS now loses double digit marketshare in record time, Psystar goes under when they cant compete with real vendors and Mac customers have to deal with more bullshit.
Have you not wondered why no one else is doing what Psystar is doing yet theyve begged Apple to help them get out from under MS thumb?
and on a side note, anything that the iphone can do, the palm pre can do better.
Okay, now I know you are just trolling.