or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple targets 3 new Get a Mac ads at Windows 7 (with videos)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple targets 3 new Get a Mac ads at Windows 7 (with videos) - Page 6

post #201 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Why give you links? When I do you just jump over that post because you don't like what I have provided.

ok BS..next topic
post #202 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Was ever an anti-Vista, anti- XP ad released less than 24 hours after their initial release? NO.
HHmmmmm- Sounds pretty scared to me.

Come on, TeckDud, It took longer than 24 hours for the crap that was buried in Vista OS to float the top where it could be seen ... I expect the same will be true of Win7, but I'm not going post a definitive opinion until Win7 passes/fails the "test of time". Wish I could say the same for all other posters here. Interesting 'tho, to see the fanboyism on BOTH sides of the fence.
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #203 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post

This all reminds me of the Democrat vs Republican thing... when it comes down to it I hate both sides.

Both sides cling to bad information and bs to 'convince' the other side they are wrong.

Wow.

The difference is that both the Dems and Rep. suck, while OS X and Windows both have their place.


Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Now you have really lost it.

Most Windows users running x64 bit system do not even have virus software. Do you know why? And if you do decide to run an antivirus like NOD32 it runs in the backround with little resources.

Except that all of those netbooks will be 32-bit. Id wager that a 23-bit version will be the lions share of the cheap notebooks, too, which account for most PCs sold. Either way you cut it, virus are not gone from Windows.


Quote:
Same task less steps? What does that even mean and how can you even back up that statement.

Of course you dont understand. Its faster and easier to to the same task in OS X than it is on Windows. How many steps does it take to get a screenshot on the desktop? Do you still have to go Start » Progams » Accesories » MS Paint » Edit » Paste Save As » file_name » Desktop after hitting the Print Screen button?

Quote:
My system can boot faster then anything Apple has on the market. I have a faster cpu, gpu, more ram then anything apple has to offer. I can perform a full boot in 25 secs.

But on the SAME HW Mac OS X boots faster, shuts down faster, uses less resources for the same tasks, and can start up apps faster. Its just the way it is. It doesnt make Windows bad, MS has a different business than Apple does. MS has to support legacy code as part of their business model, while Apple is quick to shed its skin, sometimes too quick.

Quote:
HP and Dell have systems with the same battery usage as Apple if not better.

Having an option for a much larger battery pack is not what I stated. You have once again failed to comprehend. For the same HW (which includes the a battery with the same mAh) Windows uses more power to do the same tasks. UNIX-based systems are just inherently more efficient, and with Apple adding synergy by designing the HW, they can make that even more efficient.

On top of that, you have once again jumped from talking about an OS to OS comparison to a shift to PC vendors to support your argument once cornered. I dont think you are a troll, but I do think that you are pushing your preference on people simply for not having your needs. I, like most users, have a notebook and will only use a notebook, yet you think I am an idiot for not building my own box. Its the inability to see that your needs do not necessarily match other peoples needs combined with the radical jumps in your arguments from OS to vendor, etc. that are making some see you as a troll as that is the same short bus riding dance routine we get from our resident troll boy.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #204 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

"Trust Me" s very effective in getting its message across.

it will be interesting to see if Apple can peel away some XP users.

also if Apple launches the new iTab in the next few weeks to grab the spotlight away from Windows.

I am an apple user 99% of the time but I dare any if you to walk into a store, grab a specialist and ask, was it tru you guys didn't update your back of house machines to leopard fit almost 7 months. And since you're ajways talking about virus programs, wgyvdo you have them running in your back of house machines. Have the back of House machines been updated to SL. Lol. But watch their reaction when u ask.

In all seriusness though I heard their new msft store was flooded and win 7 is getting great reviews. I dint think the ads though will stop the millions of IT pros from upgrading aa it's easy if you know what you are doing. Then take thenmom and pop plus co worker on XP for years sewing win 7 and I think apple has a hard sell for sure and I just read you can run like 32-128 gigs of ram???? Wow for audio that's going yo be great e, I use both and in the end the consumer wins. I think a win 7 and new hacntosh may be in order. If they had added express slots and esata that would have been an easy sell for me.

Is it true iMacs are using pata still?


Peace.
post #205 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

I find it a bit disheartening, especially as the owner of several Macs, that Apple misleadingly makes it seem that 'moving' one's stuff' to a Mac is some simple task, when in fact it is not for many users.


Apple, in the past, and maybe even now, would do the "switching' for free. Just take PC to store when you purchase a Mac and they do the rest. Can't get much more simple then that. M$ would like to do the same .... if they ever get anyone to switch their way. Still waiting ...zzzzzz
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #206 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimamac View Post

Is it true iMacs are using pata still?

iMacs started using SATA for the HDD back in 2004. PATA is(was?) only for the SuperDrive. Unless you are planning to replace the optical drive with a 2.5 HDD/SSD I dont see it as an issue.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #207 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Does the new iMac come in any flavor besides Vanilla?

When you've got the best, you don't need the rest!
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #208 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

Wow! You got a friend? ... Who knew? And your friend bought a MBP ... a smart friend to boot ... what is this world coming to?
bty ...is Sarbucks the PC equivalent to Starbucks, you know, a wannabe Starbucks kind of thing?

I need confirmation on something. You say you are 67, correct? You also just replied to my post with, " You got a friend? ... Who knew?" correct? You then nitpicked my misspelling of Starbucks, correct? So I have to ask, "You are 67, correct?"
post #209 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Most users are going to x64 systems. In many cases x64 comes preloaded and most users don't even know the difference. I really can't defend the netbook market. When you pay 300.00 for a computer you cant really ask for much.

As far as booting most of that is because of bios vs EFI. EFI is always going to be faster but for some odd reason we are still using bios. Kind of like Firewire being faster yet even Apple appears to be going the route of USB. Even SJ said everyone is using USB. Better doent always get supported.

To me it doesn't matter if the hardware is the same because I can add three times the hardware at the same cost. However booting is just part of the picture. I can run huge applications at the same time with no issue at all. I care more about how fast my system is once it is up rather then at boot. Fact is most of us dont boot anyways we sleep our systems.

A larger battery pack is not what I am taking about. Makers like Sony and even HP and Dell are using the same 4 or 6 cell battery and getting a good charge time. Sony is using LED screens and you can switch from dedicated video to shared which saves power. This really isnt rocket science.

Here is a good review I saw today about Windows 7. Hits on some good point of Windows but also has an interesting last note about Apple.

http://www.usnews.com/money/business...windows-7.html

good article and basically the same I have read about Windows 7, unfortunately Microsoft left bad taste in people's mouth and Windows 7 benchmark is being set so much higher now.

One issue I have is, you know that majority of your core customers have not moved to Vista, but still using XP/XP professional, why is the upgrade so tentative?
Maybe MS could not provide a smoother transition, but I not sure if they tried to look at that issue, I maybe wrong.
post #210 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Most users are going to x64 systems. In many cases x64 comes preloaded and most users don't even know the difference. I really can't defend the netbook market. When you pay 300.00 for a computer you cant really ask for much.

But you get more OS marketshare because of those cheap machines. The $400 notebooks give you a lot more performance and capacity for only a little more money. Even dual core, though in a Pentium. Can’t ask for much on these machines either, but a sale of Windows is a sale of Windows; it will likely jump up a little in marketshare this quarter, despite Apple once again getting record sales. THEY HAVE DIFFERENT BUSINESS MODELS.

Quote:
As far as booting most of that is because of bios vs EFI. EFI is always going to be faster but for some odd reason we are still using bios. Kind of like Firewire being faster yet even Apple appears to be going the route of USB. Even SJ said everyone is using USB. Better doent always get supported.

Apple has dropped FW400, not FireWire itself. This was a long time coming, just look at the systematic dropping from the iPod and iPhone.

That last line I find ironic since you’re been arguing that Windows higher marketshare signifies that it must be better.

Quote:
To me it doesn't matter if the hardware is the same because I can add three times the hardware at the same cost. However booting is just part of the picture. I can run huge applications at the same time with no issue at all. I care more about how fast my system is once it is up rather then at boot. Fact is most of us dont boot anyways we sleep our systems.

You have a desktop tower, why wouldn’t you be able to add more/better HW at a lower cost? Apple only has one tower that is designed as a workstation. It really shouldn’t be a Mac as it’s really a consumer geared machine. ALL of Apple’s other offerings, which regular Mac users by have trade offs for the compactness and portability. You made a comment yesterday about notebook users in Panera are beneath you. Why you think notebook users are scum is beyond me. I don’t need or want a desktop. It would limit my productivity severely. ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL!

Quote:
A larger battery pack is not what I am taking about. Makers like Sony and even HP and Dell are using the same 4 or 6 cell battery and getting a good charge time. Sony is using LED screens and you can switch from dedicated video to shared which saves power. This really isnt rocket science.

Same HW, including battery with same mAh gets more run time from Mac OS X than from Windows. Battery life should mean nothing to you since you think notebooks are foolish anyway.

Also, The same machine that differentiates from an Intel to AMD CPU gets more run time from Intel, especially with notebook chips. Check out AnandTech.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #211 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_skittles View Post

I need confirmation on something. You say you are 67, correct? You also just replied to my post with, " You got a friend? ... Who knew?" correct? You then nitpicked my misspelling of Starbucks, correct? So I have to ask, "You are 67, correct?"

actually, you missed the part, he used bty instead of btw.

That was lame by Newbee
post #212 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Well at least we know you are safe with and idiot proof computer. It was made for you. As for viruses you are right they are just something you hear about in Apple ads in reality these day a dangerous virus is far more of a myth then reality. Apple needs to update their 1980 attack plan.

Your right, when it comes to computing, I'm an idiot ... didn't start until I was in my late 50s. But I was smart enough to get something that was appropriate for someone who doesn't want to "know how it works", just as long as it does work. I also know how to tell the difference between "buying cheap" and "getting value". That's why my choice has been, and always will be a Mac, unless they give me a reason to change my mind.

And as for "Apple's 1980 attack plan" .... If it ain't broke, ... don't fix it.
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #213 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

Apple's credibility will depend on how Apple performs, not on how Win7 does ... if Win7 is any kind of improvement at all over Vista, and it's kinda hard not to be, then it will sell well. I'm still willing to bet we will see a lot of switchers coming to Mac, just based on what Mac is. We still have the best word of mouth thing going for us ... and that is very powerful.

And if they no longer trust that word of mouth?
post #214 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I'm fairly certain I didn't make a comment about notebook users. Who on earth doesn't use a notebook some of the time? I work for IBM I use a notebook and doc station all the time.

I thought it was you who made a disparaging comment about people using there notebooks in Panera but it may have been someone else. If so, my apologises.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #215 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Here is a good review I saw today about Windows 7. Hits on some good point of Windows but also has an interesting last note about Apple.

http://www.usnews.com/money/business...windows-7.html

This note? "Windows 7 may cut into the momentum behind the Mac, but it alone is unlikely to reverse Apple's gains."

Well, that seems to be their bottom line answer as to whether Mac users should abandon Apple, their conclusion being, no, and that they probably won't, the preceding paragraph explaining why not. Perhaps you are clinging to the "may"? I imagine that was just an editorial bone thrown to Microsoft.

I'm not really sure what you hope to accomplish here. Clearly, Apple's ads have hit a raw nerve for you. Clearly, you are enamored with Microsoft. But, if you think your posts are going to convince people not to switch, or to switch back, you're sadly mistaken. People will keep switching, and the switching will continue to be overwhelmingly unidirectional. Apple offers a better product and Microsoft's glory days are over. Very probably, for the foreseeable future, Microsoft will retain it's dominance of the personal computer market, but Apple will continue to retain and grow a very healthy slice of that market. That's the reality these days.

But, the real problem for Microsoft isn't Apple, yet, they allow this to remain a huge distraction for them, probably out of ego and their belief that the personal computer industry belongs to them. Microsoft should just accept that they've lost the image war and that it's been won by Apple, a point obvious to all but the most die-hard Windows fans. Yes, many people and companies will continue to buy Windows PCs because of cost, and because it's perceived as good enough by them. This isn't a problem for Apple, they'll just keep syphoning off the cream and leave the rest to be fought over, which isn't a problem for Microsoft either because they aren't selling computers.

What Microsoft should be focused on right now is how to keep the other company ahead of them in the image war, Google, from eating their lunch, and all this ego driven focus on Apple is just a huge and pointless distraction for them. If they continue on their present course, I give them 10 years at the most until they are completely irrelevant, perhaps still running on cruise control off Windows and Office sales, but maybe not even left with that.
post #216 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

That doesn't make any sense. The most hardware configurations you have to deal with the more complex your OS has to be, do you get it?


Please tell me you know the difference between "quantity" and "quality". How do you think M$ OS changes from "Ultimate," (cough cough) to "Home Premium". (Hint) : It dumbs down, i.e. leaves stuff out. Mac OS gives everyone the "full meal deal", each and every time. Now, do you get it?
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #217 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Windows users have never been as big into upgrading as Apple users. I am not sure why but that has always been the case and I expect it will be that way in the future. People tend to upgrade when they get a new system. However from what I read today Windows 7 preorders have been pretty amazing and that is expected to continue into 2010.

I run Vista x64 on all my windows systems and honestly I'm not in any hurry to move to Windows 7. Being in IT all my life one thing I learned a long time ago is never be one fo the people to rush to the store when something is first released. Vista really didn't because good until SP1. After SP1 I have had no issues. Cant really say that before SP1. However when Leopard came out I really had issues that that also. Wasn't until about version 3 I felt it was in good shape. Yet again my opinion and experience with both operating systems.

I will give Windows 7 about six months and then take another look at it. I am thinking of getting another Macbook pro maybe 13" this time so that will be my first Snow Leopard machine.

So what are the Corporate people (major core customer base for MS) and consumers( bought a computer 1-2 yrs old) going to do?
post #218 of 321
[QUOTE=Superbass;1506849

Popularizing an idea doesn't mean innovation.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct, but designing an idea into a model that does, indeed, revolutionize the marketplace, something that all of your examples failed to do, well .... I, for one, would classify that as innovating .... even if that word might not be "appropriate".
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #219 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyourownthing View Post

according to wikipedia

Apple announced the iPhone on January 9, 2007 - iphone
It was first announced on 12 December 2006 - prada phone

Prada sold how many phones?
Apple sold how many iPhones?

I rest my case.
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #220 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

So what are the Corporate people (major core customer base for MS) and consumers( bought a computer 1-2 yrs old) going to do?

Right now my employer (15,000 employees) has begun testing the thousands of apps the company uses on Windows 7. Then, usually one business unit at a time, they'll deploy a new Windows 7 "image" specific for that business unit. It's possible that the first rollout will happen in about 18 months, but company-wide deployment will most likely take place in about 3 years.
post #221 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Right now my employer (15,000 employees) has begun testing the thousands of apps the company uses on Windows 7. Then, usually one business unit at a time, they'll deploy a new Windows 7 "image" specific for that business unit. It's possible that the first rollout will happen in about 18 months, but company-wide deployment will most likely take place in about 3 years.

Why didnt they start testing it when the RC came out earlier this year. MS had to release it to prove that is wasnt borked like Vista was from the start, even though Vista is just as stable as Win7. I would think many companies would have started doing testing then.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #222 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

If they have a computer 1-2 years old then they are most likely running Vista. If their computer is older they will simply work into Windows 7 via upgrading new systems. At IBM we swap workstations and notebooks more often then the average company we cycle out about ever 2 years. Most companies at least based on surveys go about every 5 years. So many of them will just go with Windows 7 when its time for them to buy a new system.

Right now I would say its hard to tell with the OS only being a day old. At the end of 2009 I would suspect we will have a better idea. Reading today the forcast is for 40 million units sold by end of 2009 and 117 million total in 2010. Only time will tell how accurate those numbers are, in any case MS reported some good numbers today.

At least in my opinion its a good sign that both Apple and MS are doing well. No matter what side of the fence someone falls on I will always feel that competition breeds innovation.

Apple are having a great year, but MS (not including Windows 7) have slowed the decline, but I would not say MS are doing well or put that in same sentence as Apple.

http://education.wallstreetsurvivor....3-2009-Results

I will wait for MS Q4 2009 Q4 and 2010 Q1 to see if Windows 7 has turned the tide for MS.
post #223 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


When looking at fortune 500 Microsoft has 60420.0 (revenue in millions) and 17681.0 profit in millions and is ranked 35.

Yes, and GM is ranked 6th, and needed bailout $$$ to stay out of bankruptcy.
Ford (7th), Bank of America (11th) and Citibank (12th) ALL needed bailout $$ to stay alive ... I don't think I would hang my hat on that list. If your just going to toss numbers around ... Apple stock... 52 week low was 78.20 ... today's close ...204.53 ....M$ 52 week low was 14.87 .... today's close ...28.02

If I were you I'd stay away from the "numbers".
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #224 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrider View Post

very very few things osx has over windows. and yea a mac isnt for me because im actually smart with my money and im not like the rest of society, i dont go around buying things that the tv tells me to buy. i work in retail and 90% of all customers are idiots. just because you see an ad on tv doesn't mean its a good product. when people come in to buy a mac, i talk them out of it.


Obviously not a (Mac) genius!
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #225 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Its not a bottom line answer its a bullet item along with sevreal key points. Even SJ says the peronal computer belongs to MS. SJ said a while ago that MS one that battle a long time ago. That doesn't mean Apple cant do well in that arena and others like the iPod and iPhone.

This isn't a win all or lose all situation. You need to chill out. With the new Apple ads it appears they have far more of an ego problem then MS. Apple takes the approach if you cant look good try to make someone else look bad. Which never works and only look weak.

In business you look for your competitors weak points and exploit them. MS weak points are being exploited by Apple in very clever, well thought ads. Now I am not sure if there are appropriate , but MS LONG TIME ago set the mark for attacking competitors in worse ways then Apple.

Probably does not make it right, but MS pushed their own ads and actually named Apple in their ads, which is BIG NO NO in basic marketing, do not highlight another company and give them ad time.
post #226 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrider View Post

very very few things osx has over windows. and yea a mac isnt for me because im actually smart with my money and im not like the rest of society, i dont go around buying things that the tv tells me to buy. i work in retail and 90% of all customers are idiots. just because you see an ad on tv doesn't mean its a good product. when people come in to buy a mac, i talk them out of it.

You better hang on to this job, you're not likely to find a more stupid boss!
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #227 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Should I give you the list of software you cant run on a Mac. Not sure the AI server could hold all that info.

You keep hinting of all your knowledge, but you don't show us... huh?
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #228 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_skittles View Post

I need confirmation on something. You say you are 67, correct? You also just replied to my post with, " You got a friend? ... Who knew?" correct? You then nitpicked my misspelling of Starbucks, correct? So I have to ask, "You are 67, correct?"


Good catch .... blame it on low blood sugar or time for my nap! Doesn't laughing icon cancel out spelling error?
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #229 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Its not a bottom line answer its a bullet item along with sevreal key points. Even SJ says the peronal computer belongs to MS. SJ said a while ago that MS one that battle a long time ago. That doesn't mean Apple cant do well in that arena and others like the iPod and iPhone.

This isn't a win all or lose all situation. You need to chill out. With the new Apple ads it appears they have far more of an ego problem then MS. Apple takes the approach if you cant look good try to make someone else look bad. Which never works and only look weak.

Microsoft is in a dominant position (although they've been squandering) - Windows is simply far too ubiquitous; "too big to fail" to quote the analysts. Realistically, I don't see Google gaining significant OS market share until the internet becomes standard for all users, and even then, as we've seen in recent weeks the cloud isn't all it's cracked up to be. However, they are attacking Microsoft at all fronts so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

While the ads don't play nice, Apple are a company - rest assured no one there has an ego problem. They're just competing the way they know how. Although I think word of mouth is more effective.
post #230 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrider View Post

very very few things osx has over windows. and yea a mac isnt for me because im actually smart with my money and im not like the rest of society, i dont go around buying things that the tv tells me to buy. i work in retail and 90% of all customers are idiots. just because you see an ad on tv doesn't mean its a good product. when people come in to buy a mac, i talk them out of it.

You make statements like Im not like the rest of society and 90% of all customers are idiots while defending Windows which is the OS for the rest of society and having 90% marketshare on PCs. Do you not see the irony in that?
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #231 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTel View Post


Whenever Apple addresses the netbook segment with their own I believe they'll disappoint.

Why do you think they will address the netbook segment? Seems to me that Apple has shown no such inclination.
post #232 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

actually, you missed the part, he used bty instead of btw.

That was lame by Newbee


Damn. Now I'm sure it's time for my nap .... bye bye.
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #233 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


Totally agree. Apple is really running scared - so obvious. Has any company ever attacked another product this soon - in ad history? I would expect a stock drop today.

Scared - no. Fabulous marketing opportunity to play off of the competition - YES!
post #234 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

And if they no longer trust that word of mouth?

Then they will start listening to all the trolls on these boards.
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #235 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodude View Post

Realistically, I don't see Google gaining significant OS market share until the internet becomes standard for all users, and even then, as we've seen in recent weeks the cloud isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I know Google has stated that ChromeOS will be for netbooks, but I think it will end up dominating on really cheap PCs and appliances in emerging countries. Even with dialup. They dont have to be cloud with ChromeOS as HTML5 as local DB storage. All those Google apps will be able to work offline through the WebKit engine. Just my thoughts on it, well see what comes of it in a couple years from now.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #236 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

DAMN. New ads by Apple. This is bad it must mean that are SCARED of MS. Oh wait when Apple put out something stupid likd this they are just trying to steal thunder...LOL.

extremeDouche, and TekDUDDouche....

get over your freaking iHATE obsession with anything apple you bunch of sycophantic wannabe PC losers....

some of us actually have been coming to this site for years for actual USEFUL information regarding apple products that you don't get from other forums. When one has to constant get passed your incessant PC inferiority complex spouting your misinformed myopic view on all things windoze, its get old, quick. Not only does it get old quick, it really shows you guys are the ones scared of apple, which is wholly substantiated by their gradual dominance in the phone market, the portable music market, the premium market and any other market they CHOOSE to set their cross-hairs. READ that CAREFULLY....they don't want the bottom-feeder market and they CHOOSE not to compete in markets where the profit margin is so competitive the POS PC makers are fighting like hungry buzzards over a meatless carcass.

really, when you have this much time to spend on a forum, its my personal assessment to wonder how you two trolls or anything you trollies do is even in the slightest germane to the actual topics at hand.

Every new post....you really have no lives...on to the reason I finally started a new ai id..

really, apple is scared... really what universe do you live in.

Apple has over 32 billion in capital in the bank....Apple's stock price today? 203.94 a share....M$? a paltry 28. thanx in part to the upgrade to anything but Vista crowd...everyone was bragging that M$ was up 10%....wow, when your stock is valued out at 24 a share...2.40 a cents isnt really that difficult to conjure up, especially if you are introducing an OS that should have been released 8 years ago...

I would reserve one's projected fears for apple for microsoft, if W7 is not the hit the bloated over-hyped reviews say it is then M$ has a even more serious PR problem and their stock value will quarter yet again this year. We have seen this in the past, which is why if you are not responsible for your own non-revisionist history you are certainly to doomed to repeat it again....

I am really not aware of any two guys that spread more misinformation, misrepresent the reality in which the rest of world exists.....get a life.. go to pc world and go masturbate with the rest of sycophantic Balhmer types.....you guys are worst than Fox News... unbalanced and ill-informed....
post #237 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post


These ads never tell the 'entire truth', and in the case of the ones featured in this blog entry - Seriously Reek of Desperation on Apple's Part.

Ads truthful, Shirley you gest.

Desperation.... didn't see quarterly results did you?
post #238 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Grow up. You actually joined the forum to post this nonsense. Great first post. You said alot of nothing. Newbee now this is what a true troll looks like.

sorta like all your posts you tool....
post #239 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Grow up. You actually joined the forum to post this nonsense. Great first post. You said alot of nothing. Newbee now this is what a true troll looks like.

like all your self-fellating posts about who you are trying to convince your POS PC is actually worth the tin can it sits in?
post #240 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Why didnt they start testing it when the RC came out earlier this year. MS had to release it to prove that is wasnt borked like Vista was from the start, even though Vista is just as stable as Win7. I would think many companies would have started doing testing then.

They've had it in house for several months now, but official testing of business unit apps hasn't begun yet. First they have to build a basic corporate image that they can base several business unit images (about 17 total) off of. I'm not on that team so I don't know definite dates, but I know that they don't even have a base image yet. Also, the team is not that large, less than a dozen I think.

By the way, we never went to Vista, we're all still on XP.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple targets 3 new Get a Mac ads at Windows 7 (with videos)