or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Anyone here see the movie "Titus"...

Anyone here see the movie "Titus"...

post #1 of 5
The big names in it were Jessica Lange and A. Hopkins and was directed by Julie Taymore. Excellent ensemble acting throughout. An inspired interpretaton of Billy Shakespeare's play.
post #2 of 5
The first time I watch that...

I ejected it 30min into it...

couldnt stand it...

Then later watched it in full on HBO...

Its a really good movie...

takes some getting used too...

strange movie...

deserves some major credit...

strange movie...

E PLURIBUS UNIX
-----------------------------
post #3 of 5
Yes, I saw it... ****ing awesome.
No, the bazaar cannot satisfy users. Neither can the cathedral. Nothing can satisfy users, because software is written to enable rather than satisfy, and because most users are mewling malcontents...
No, the bazaar cannot satisfy users. Neither can the cathedral. Nothing can satisfy users, because software is written to enable rather than satisfy, and because most users are mewling malcontents...
post #4 of 5
A very hard play to make anything decent out of . . .its actually a funny play what with all the wholesale slaughter one after the other. . . . its like an unreal tournament

good movie though, and Taymor is quite an impressive character in the DVD interview at Columbia.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #5 of 5
its ok, LOVED the sets and costumes, but never really liked the play.
Those who dance the dance must look very foolish to those who can't hear the music
Those who dance the dance must look very foolish to those who can't hear the music
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Anyone here see the movie "Titus"...