or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Study suggests $600 mass-market sweet spot for Apple tablet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Study suggests $600 mass-market sweet spot for Apple tablet - Page 2

post #41 of 128
so an oversized iPhone that's too big to put anywhere except for in a bag like a laptop, can't be typed in with thumbs because it's too big and so the only way to type on it would be laying flat on a table. Just about the most uncomfortable way to type. Must have some kind of stand if you want the screen standing, so another piece to haul around.

This sounds like overhyped crap. There is no market for this except for fanboys and people who think its so awesome to finger-paint on a screen.
post #42 of 128
To be a real best-seller, the Apple iTablet must:

- Be light. 400 to 600 at most.
- Be small. As small as possible. Ideally, pocketable.
- Run Mac OS X (not the iPhone OS). To run Keynote and PowerPoint NATIVE files for presentations.
- Video-out port.
- USB 2 ports.

Because even the MacBook Air is too heavy and too large! Check out the Sony Vaio P and the OQO.
post #43 of 128
I wouldn't waste my money on it. Have no use for a tablet device.

PC users have always been known to crave cheap devices. You don't need a survey to figure that one out.
post #44 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunx View Post

To be a real best-seller, the Apple iTablet must:
- Be small. As small as possible. Ideally, pocketable.

Apple already has that. It is called the iPhone.
post #45 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Even if it's built for $600 Apple, the profit whore, will charge you $1100.

And why not? As this article mentions, there are millions of people (ie. "Mac users") who would be willing to buy the device at that price. Bring down the price once volume is reached in a year.
post #46 of 128
699 & 899. Unless they only put out a single model, in which case: 799.
post #47 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

In other Apple tablet news, Bill Keller, executive editor of The New York Times, referenced Apple's forthcoming touchscreen device in a presentation to the newspaper's digital staff. Keller said that print publications would need to embrace new hardware, like the "impending Apple slate*," if they want to succeed. His comment, in full, was as follows:

"We need to figure out the right journalistic product to deliver to mobile platforms and devices. I'm hoping we can get the newsroom more actively involved in the challenge of delivering our best journalism in the form of Times Reader, iPhone apps, WAP, or the impending Apple slate, or whatever comes after that."

Slate will always have more features and be more expensive that a plain tablet. So it should be.

* Starting at the 8:20 mark http://www.tuaw.com/2009/10/26/did-a...lip/#continued
post #48 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbass View Post

$600 for the new 17" iPhone? Count me in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbass View Post

How about analyzing the analysis of such a ridiculous poll. Does that make you triply ridiculous?

Our doubly doubly ridiculous (quadruply ridiculous)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbass View Post

I'd love to carry around a bluetooth keyboard in my pocket to make using my iPhone easier and more convenient. I'll call Jobs immediately and have him hire you to join the apple think tank. But don't stop with the keyboard. How about a single button bluetooth mouse for your iPod?? And a bluetooth external screen??? And a bluetooth Bluray Drive????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbass View Post

But who will ignore you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

History suggest studies are way off when it comes to Apple. The tablet will be around $1,000 I'd say. If it's the type of tablet I want that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbass View Post

Are you talking about a Tablet with a self-lubricating hole in the middle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

No, I'm talking about Mac touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbass View Post

Hot. What kind of bezel are you hoping for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbass View Post

He doesn't dislike Apple, he just dislikes paying less than $600 for giant iPhones. Or, he loves Apple so much that he wants to pay extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Strage question. If you must know, here:


Ireland, Dude, don't feed the Troll...!
Late 2009 Unibody MacBook (modified)
2.26GHz Core 2 Duo CPU/8GB RAM/60GB SSD/500GB HDD
SuperDrive delete
Reply
Late 2009 Unibody MacBook (modified)
2.26GHz Core 2 Duo CPU/8GB RAM/60GB SSD/500GB HDD
SuperDrive delete
Reply
post #49 of 128
Maybe this thing will look like a miniature iMac?

IF Apple does intro a Slate or Pad or Tablet, if it is a quality product that meets a need, then it will sell. Pricing will take a back seat here.

The marketing world classifies the population by income and spending potential. Products and their pricing are targeted at these different groups.

A long time ago, I bought what was a high-end quality Sony Trinitron TV (terrestrial analogue days), which had to be fine-tuned every time I changed channels. I returned it and bought a higher-spec Grundig TV, not only because it outperformed the Sony but was also a very high-quality German-made product.

I wouldnt even think of buying a Grundig-badged product today because the original company went belly-up (see history at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grundig). In my view, current Grundig products lack the quality of the original.

Apples initial target group wasnt even the individual, even as it claimed to bring computing to the masses. At some point, the price-entry-point for Apple products became affordable but nowhere near mass-affordability. When I bought my first Apple product, a mid-range Mac IIsi, it cost an absolute bomb and I had to borrow money from my bank to buy it. My current machine, a Mac Pro (2008) cost me half the price of the IIsi!

Different Apple products are targeted at different income groups, but very few, if any, target the sort of people who would buy Alba, Amstrad or even Grundig products -- the low-end electronic goods sold by the likes of the DSG group (PC World, Currys, Dixons).

The other thing is that I know a number of high earners who are also very intelligent people, but they prefer to buy cheap and replace in six months than buy a costly item that will probably last 5+ years? You just cant fathom how some people operate. May be that they're just tight-fisted.

Point of all this? There will always be people who will pay premium prices for quality products, whether they can afford them or not, and there are those who would rather lose money buying cheap0 crap. Many peoples buying decisions have little to do with brand-loyalty, no matter what the marketing departments tell you. Its mostly about lust.

You can fantasise about Angelina Jolie as much as you want, doesnt mean youre going to get to share her bed!
post #50 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilM View Post

The idea of polling people about how much they'd pay for a device of completely unknown capabilities and uncertain existence is simply ridiculous. Attempting to analyze the results of such a poll is doubly ridiculous.

Exactly. Poll me on how much I'd pay for an Aston Martin and I might say 150 grand. Do I have 150 grand? Different story. Or the opposite. No way will I pay more than 30 grand for a car! Until I test drive the new Audi Quatro, that is.
post #51 of 128
My iPhone 3Gs 32GB alone costs $700 and the tablet better do a hell of a lot more that it can- especially run multi apps (excluding iPod music).
This is all so ridiculous. Stop with these ridiculous rumours-pleeze.
post #52 of 128
Let's see it first.

Which of us is the fisherman and which the trout?

Reply

Which of us is the fisherman and which the trout?

Reply
post #53 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisTheXIV View Post

so an oversized iPhone that's too big to put anywhere except for in a bag like a laptop, can't be typed in with thumbs because it's too big and so the only way to type on it would be laying flat on a table. Just about the most uncomfortable way to type. Must have some kind of stand if you want the screen standing, so another piece to haul around.

This sounds like overhyped crap. There is no market for this except for fanboys and people who think its so awesome to finger-paint on a screen.

Or perhaps your assumptions are largely incorrect.
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
Reply
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
Reply
post #54 of 128
The iTablet will cost $1700 dollars. It will be a hit amongst the Apple faithful while the rest of the world will bemoan that the Apple Tax is too high.

Can Apple recoup years of research and development by selling a tablet for the same money as the original iPhone?
post #55 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

Can Apple recoup years of research and development by selling a tablet for the same money as the original iPhone?

Yes they can.

Which of us is the fisherman and which the trout?

Reply

Which of us is the fisherman and which the trout?

Reply
post #56 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Strage question. If you must know, here:

image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3238/...6a30db0a_o.png

I cant help but wonder if a 16:9 tablet would be easier to hold and jive with Apples and other vendors move to this new common ratio in computing. Seems like it would fit better with print items, too, after you remove the margins.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

I wouldn't waste my money on it. Have no use for a tablet device.

PC users have always been known to crave cheap devices. You don't need a survey to figure that one out.

If they can get print subscriptions in the mix, so I can have these podcast/RSS like subscriptions waiting for me each day/week/month I think I might be interested. Just keep it in the living room or dining room to read each day.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #57 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

While most Mac users would have no problem paying more than $600 for Apple's long-rumored tablet, most PC users would not consider hardware above that price, a new study suggests ...

It's already been pointed out on innumerable sites carrying this "news" but this is an absolute rubbish meaningless study for several different reasons.

It's not a scientific study, it's a small sample by a poor researcher (that has been wrong many times before). Additionally, asking people how much they would pay for a product that doesn't even exist and that no one has any clue what it's like is just plain ridiculous. This study not only doesn't prove anything, it's not even useful as a general indicator beyond the one fact that PC users generally prefer to pay "less."

You people should be ashamed to even run the story.
post #58 of 128
It makes sense that existing apple users would spend more, we tend to recognize the value the hardware brings to the table and are willing to spend more.
post #59 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Povilas View Post

Yes they can.

If so, then why did Apple price the first MacBook Air so high? They could have owned the netbook space IMHO.
post #60 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunx View Post

To be a real best-seller, the Apple iTablet must:

- Be light. 400 to 600 at most.
- Be small. As small as possible. Ideally, pocketable.
- Run Mac OS X (not the iPhone OS). To run Keynote and PowerPoint NATIVE files for presentations.
- Video-out port.
- USB 2 ports.

Because even the MacBook Air is too heavy and too large! Check out the Sony Vaio P and the OQO.

I've said it before, I'll say it again... if this thing exists, it needs to be 5.5"x8.5" or slightly smaller. You cannot ignore traditional, acceptable sizes for handheld devices and planners and expect mass adoption.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

 

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

 

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Reply
post #61 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

It's already been pointed out on innumerable sites carrying this "news" but this is an absolute rubbish meaningless study for several different reasons.

It's not a scientific study, it's a small sample by a poor researcher (that has been wrong many times before). Additionally, asking people how much they would pay for a product that doesn't even exist and that no one has any clue what it's like is just plain ridiculous. This study not only doesn't prove anything, it's not even useful as a general indicator beyond the one fact that PC users generally prefer to pay "less."

You people should be ashamed to even run the story.

Looks who's telling who to be ashamed - the Canadian who compared US flag waving to the Nazis. Where's our apology- we are waiting for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee
Sadly, it's like that everywhere in the US.

They apparently don't realise the irony. The only other country ever to worship their flag so much was Nazi Germany.
post #62 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

The iTablet will cost $1700 dollars. It will be a hit amongst the Apple faithful while the rest of the world will bemoan that the Apple Tax is too high.

Can Apple recoup years of research and development by selling a tablet for the same money as the original iPhone?

Funny, Apples profits went up after they lowered the price of the iPhone...

[Total profit] = [profit per unit] x [# of units sold]

Too low a profit per unit and you become Acer. Too high a profit per unit and you don't sell any, even if it has an Apple logo on it. $1700 for a tablet of the rumored capabilities would fall into the latter category. Reality check indeed.
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
Reply
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
Reply
post #63 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

If so, then why did Apple price the first MacBook Air so high? They could have owned the netbook space IMHO.

MacBook Air is not a netbook As I said let's see it and after that we can discuss.

Which of us is the fisherman and which the trout?

Reply

Which of us is the fisherman and which the trout?

Reply
post #64 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Ingersol View Post

It's my understanding that this is exactly how pricing works.

Price is determined first, via market research, polls, etc. From that, cost levels are set. And from those, actual capabilities are established.

Not only would Apple have decided how much the Tablet would cost before they started, they would likely already know where the profit margin would be as production ramps up and after the first spec bump. Maybe two.

Pricing/Forecasting is an iterative process... as the product goes through the research, development, production and release processes, the Price and Forecast are refined.

It is not uncommon, to set the actual price higher or lower at product announce, based on costs, competition, sales goals, margin targets or even corporate whim.

*
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #65 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

The SONY VAIO VPCCW13FX 14" is a netbook? $799.99 with Windows 7 in todays J&R ad.

No, the Vaio P is a netbook. It's listed as $800 in various places:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834117902

It's in around the price that Apple's tablet is rumored at. Typically Apple and Sony have similarly priced products.

I think the problem with this device is it can't be all things to all people and there is a danger that it hits that middle ground that nobody really wants.

Netbooks succeed because they are cheap.
Desktops and laptops succeed because they do everything you need software-wise.
The iphone succeeds because it fits in your pocket and does so many low-end tasks.

If the tablet isn't cheap, it fails the first one.
If it runs iphone OS then it fails the second.
It won't fit in your pocket so it fails the third.

The protoypes were rejected because they needed to do more. It'll never be a pocket device so I hope it will be a 10"-12" touch device running on the Atom 330 with 9400M. This way it will run Snow Leopard. It essentially becomes a Macbook Mini or Macbook Touch.

WiMax or similar would be a nice feature and could subsidize the cost of the device.
post #66 of 128
Im very interested in the tablet seeing as I don't have an iphone and I recently lost my ipod touch. But I can't help but wonder about the real world uses for it. If it is too big and needs to be carried around in a bag, what advantage would it hold over just lugging your laptop around. My next concern is that a "big iphone" form factor would make using the virtual keyboard very difficult. You would not be able to type with your thumbs when holding it so it would have to be placed flat which would make extended periods of use hard.

Anyway, im really liking this form factor and I hope Apple markets the tablet as a multimedia device rather than a full on tablet PC. And hopefully it does not require a 3G data plan or atleast comes with a wifi only flavor
post #67 of 128
Wow. People who are looking to buy netbooks want the tablet to cost about as much as a netbook.

Nice work if you can get it.
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
Reply
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
Reply
post #68 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_skittles View Post

Im very interested in the tablet seeing as I don't have an iphone and I recently lost my ipod touch. But I can't help but wonder about the real world uses for it. If it is too big and needs to be carried around in a bag, what advantage would it hold over just lugging your laptop around. My next concern is that a "big iphone" form factor would make using the virtual keyboard very difficult. You would not be able to type with your thumbs when holding it so it would have to be placed flat which would make extended periods of use hard.

Anyway, im really liking this form factor and I hope Apple markets the tablet as a multimedia device rather than a full on tablet PC. And hopefully it does not require a 3G data plan or atleast comes with a wifi only flavor
image:http://macmap.info/wp-content/upload...book_touch.jpg

I think an aspect ratio that is more traditional to print is more ideal, and Mac OS X UI is absolutely horrible for a tablet design. It needs to be something that fits a one or two hand, finger-based multi-touch screen device that is considerably larger than the iPhones UI. Besides that, I like it.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #69 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorph View Post

Wow. People who are looking to buy netbooks want the tablet to cost about as much as a netbook.

Nice work if you can get it.

Luckily, netbook makers are moving into much higher priced arenas to actually score a profit. I believe Ive seen an 11 Atom-based netbook for $1300-1500. Since Apple usually dominates the higher end they may not fare so well if Apple becomes a player.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #70 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

While most Mac users would have no problem paying more than $600 for Apple's long-rumored tablet, most PC users would not consider hardware above that price, a new study suggests.

That is until two months after the initial product introduction, where Apple will drop the price a couple of hundred bucks and sell it for$ 399.00, which considering it will probably be a more elaborate "Kindle" and have more "umph" in the typical Apple style and set the industry standards, will therefore be worth every penny!

But no Apple store credit for early adopters! And you know who you are... first gen iPhone buyers!...

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Reply

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Reply
post #71 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_skittles View Post

Im very interested in the tablet seeing as I don't have an iphone and I recently lost my ipod touch. But I can't help but wonder about the real world uses for it. If it is too big and needs to be carried around in a bag, what advantage would it hold over just lugging your laptop around. My next concern is that a "big iphone" form factor would make using the virtual keyboard very difficult. You would not be able to type with your thumbs when holding it so it would have to be placed flat which would make extended periods of use hard.

Anyway, im really liking this form factor and I hope Apple markets the tablet as a multimedia device rather than a full on tablet PC. And hopefully it does not require a 3G data plan or atleast comes with a wifi only flavor
http://macmap.info/wp-content/upload...book_touch.jpg

The Big iPhone concept is clearly flawed. Its origins of course come from the fact that the tablet rumors suggest that it will run iPhone OS, however running iPhone OS is not the same as a big iPhone. All it means that iPhone OS would form the foundation for this platform to build on. Big iPhone syndrome is common as it seems that most people cannot think outside of the box, and can only visualize what they can already see. iPhone OS will get multitasking, and it will most likely come first to the tablet. iPhone OS on a tablet would support a multi-window environment. Safari might even support third party plugins (flash anyone?), and the onscreen keyboard would obviously be different.

The tablet will bear as much resemblance to a big iPhone as the iPhone does to a phone with an integrated clickwheel (the predictions of the iPhone prior to the iPhones introduction).
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
Reply
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
Reply
post #72 of 128
I have no idea what I would use a tablet for. I have a very good 17" MacBook Pro and an iPhone. Millions say they would buy a tablet, but talk is cheap. Since Mac has less than 10% market share in the US, I wonder what the percentage of that 10% would actually buy one. It's either 600 bucks or it isn't going to sell in the numbers they want. If they charge more than 800 bucks, they're morons.
post #73 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

It's either 600 bucks or it isn't going to sell in the numbers they want. If they charge more than 800 bucks, they're morons.

How did you come up with that number? The tablet PCs Im seeing for 2009 mostly cost more than that and have some pretty crappy designs and components. The only ones in the $600 range are more like touch PMPs, than proper tablets.

Here is a bad list
http://gadgetophilia.com/top-10-tablet-pcs-of-2009/
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #74 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmf2 View Post

The Big iPhone concept is clearly flawed. Its origins of course come from the fact that the tablet rumors suggest that it will run iPhone OS, however running iPhone OS is not the same as a big iPhone. All it means that iPhone OS would form the foundation for this platform to build on. Big iPhone syndrome is common as it seems that most people cannot think outside of the box, and can only visualize what they can already see. iPhone OS will get multitasking, and it will most likely come first to the tablet. iPhone OS on a tablet would support a multi-window environment. Safari might even support third party plugins (flash anyone?), and the onscreen keyboard would obviously be different.

The tablet will bear as much resemblance to a big iPhone as the iPhone does to a phone with an integrated clickwheel (the predictions of the iPhone prior to the iPhones introduction).

You do all realize of course that this could have been a non-issue had Apple released as small light inexpensive netbook over 2 years ago. But greedy Apple said NO- Netbooks weren't profitable and no one will want them once word spreads. Meanwhile they've had the highest growth of anything - more than either iPhones or Wiis.
Apple has now boxed themself into a corner- it has to be better than a netbook, CHEAP yet still profitable. We shall see.
post #75 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Ingersol View Post

It's my understanding that this is exactly how pricing works.

Price is determined first, via market research, polls, etc. From that, cost levels are set. And from those, actual capabilities are established.

Not only would Apple have decided how much the Tablet would cost before they started, they would likely already know where the profit margin would be as production ramps up and after the first spec bump. Maybe two.

Maybe on a Harvard MBA but not at Apple. Apple decide what the product needs to do and what its form needs to be. Then they build it. If the production costs will simply be too high or if the product is not desirable enough then the project is binned until a) the technology is advanced enough that the product can be made for the right price or b) the design and software are refined enough that it is Steve-worthy.

Leaving all that aside, my comment was directed at the idiocy of some lame marketing company producing a so-called survey that suggested that the sky is blue and night follows day. It was not a survey for a manufacturer to ascertain a pricing strategy - which Apple don't do anyway.
post #76 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

How did you come up with that number? The tablet PCs Im seeing for 2009 mostly cost more than that and have some pretty crappy designs and components. The only ones in the $600 range are more like touch PMPs, than proper tablets.

Idk, just guessed really. I just think that possibly charging the same price as a MacBook is insane.
post #77 of 128
It will be $699.99US... yes, I still remember the Newton

Seriously, I think it will be between $1000-$1200US, no contract (assuming it has HSPDA/UMTS 3G/3.5G data connectivity).
post #78 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

You do all realize of course that this could have been a non-issue had Apple released as small light inexpensive netbook over 2 years ago. But greedy Apple said NO- Netbooks weren't profitable and no one will want them once word spreads. Meanwhile they've had the highest growth of anything - more than both iPhones and Wiis.

You do understand that Apple is a company that has to make a profit? That Apple is able to do what it does because it maintains the highest margins of any computer manufacturer? That's the whole point of the company. Netbooks are a poor compromise and don't make a profit, ask Michael Dell.

5000 negative posts - you are one sad fuck.
post #79 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

You do all realize of course that this could have been a non-issue had Apple released as small light inexpensive netbook over 2 years ago. But greedy Apple said NO- Netbooks weren't profitable and no one will want them once word spreads. Meanwhile they've had the highest growth of anything - more than either iPhones or Wiis.
Apple has now boxed themself into a corner- it has to be better than a netbook, CHEAP yet still profitable. We shall see.

Apple would have made tons of cash selling netbooks instead of macbooks. You're completely right, as usual.
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
Reply
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
Reply
post #80 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinney57 View Post

You do understand that Apple is a company that has to make a profit? That Apple is able to do what it does because it maintains the highest margins of any computer manufacturer? That's the whole point of the company. Netbooks are a poor compromise and don't make a profit, ask Michael Dell.

5000 negative posts - you are one sad fuck.

Sorry you're so miserable- most greedy people are.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Study suggests $600 mass-market sweet spot for Apple tablet