or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Would you buy an Apple Tablet?

Would you buy an Apple Tablet? - Page 2

Poll Results: Would you buy an Apple Tablet?

• 48% (35)
    Yes provided I'm not forced into a cellular contract
  • 6% (5)
    Yes even if it's locked into a cellular carrier
  • 18% (13)
    No
  • 26% (19)
    Maybe
72 Total Votes  
post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I voted no just for devilment!

Atta-boy Ireland! Shake that fist in the face of conformity!
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

Atta-boy Ireland! Shake that fist in the face of conformity!

haha!
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #43 of 47
Depends on what it is. I'd have to see it first. If it were just a big iPhone/iPod touch, I'm not sure if I would be interested. I want a full featured device running snow leopard.
post #44 of 47
I want a tablet PC I can use as a digital sketchbook so it would have to be reasonably big while still light and offer the pressure sensitivity of an Intuos with the specs to at least run Pixelmator, if not Photoshop or Painter.

If such a thing already exists, please let me know.
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Depends on what it is. I'd have to see it first. If it were just a big iPhone/iPod touch, I'm not sure if I would be interested. I want a full featured device running snow leopard.

I cringe at the thought. Have you seen the ModBook and all the Windows-based tablets. Having to use a stylus to do something a mouse was and keyboard were designed for is not ideal. We need a version of OS X that is designed around the HW, like the iPhone. Basically, its meeting about halfway between Mac OS X and iPhone OS, with a new UI that is ideal for finger-based, multi-touch display.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #46 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momus View Post

I want a tablet PC I can use as a digital sketchbook so it would have to be reasonably big while still light and offer the pressure sensitivity of an Intuos with the specs to at least run Pixelmator, if not Photoshop or Painter.

If such a thing already exists, please let me know.

With what Apple has been doing with the glass for all displays, including their trackpads, I dont think pressure sensitive is feasible. A pressure sensitive, capacitance pen may be in order for that type of work.
post #47 of 47
Yes. For the cool factor.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Would you buy an Apple Tablet?