Originally Posted by DJRumpy
Anyone else finding the size of this update to be substantially less than the 400 MB? On all 4 of my Mac's, it's coming in at 200 MB or so.
sometimes it has to do with how much updating you do before. that. if you got the previous X baby updates you don't need those bits. but if you are one of those folks that only updates once a month, you might not have them. so you need the big bad boy that has them in there.
Originally Posted by MacTel
I'm talking about Apple missing the netbook boat.
well Apple is, and has always been, more about leading than following. so just cause everyone else is making netbooks doesn't mean that Apple is going to make one also. And if they do make a netbook it will be a real one not some scaled down 9 inch laptop with netbook slapped on the box.
and a $200+ stock value suggests that Apple doesn't really need to worry about those cheap netbooks or the potential loss of sales cause they didn't make one.
Originally Posted by ifail
Everyone loves to act like a fucking snob here because they think owning anything Mac puts them in some elite class but simply put Apple COULD
make a netbook and price it aggressively at 499 or 549
sure they could. if they want to. That's not the issue. the issue is this belief that they must. because everyone else is doing it. and if they don't, they are morons, doomed to fail, etc.
that glorious apple tax apple likes to rape consumers on and mac users love to spout on about
The reason that Mac users don't feel 'raped' by the so called Apple Tax is that they understand why it exists. they get that it is helping to pay for the stores, the techs, the trainers, the online support materials etc that help them to use their computers. Maybe you are just a total genius you don't need any of that, but you and yours are only perhaps 5% of the Apple users out there. the other 95% need those things and are happy to pay for them.