You've been delivering regular personal attacks against Prince Dan, but I have yet to see any cogent explanation of why you think his articles are bad. I'd rather see you voice your own opinion that to denigrate the author's. Or even point out what you think is inaccurate or misguided. This article seems pretty spot on.
If you can't argue your own position, you might as well put on blinders and wave cardboard signs about Socialism and pictures of the president with The Mustache. I think the guys who hate Prince Dan are just upset that he's been right over and over again, from PFS to the Zune to the iPhone. He seems to be the only writer pointing out that there's some serious potential downsides to Android. Are you afraid he's right and don't want to be proven wrong next year, or can you just not put up a convincing argument about why this is all somehow off base?
Well if you've been following my other posts against Dilger, you would have already read numerous reasons I can't stand the Mac zealot:
- He leaves out important facts to make Apple's competitors look bad.
- He can't help but slam Microsoft any chance he gets, even if doing so is inappropriate to the content of the article.
- Despite his rampant hatred of Microsoft, if Apple engages in similar behavior he has no issue with it.
- His news "articles" are more along the lines of opinion pieces. This "article" for example is filled with opinion and not facts.
- He's constantly using the articles to provide press for his own Mac zealot website.
- He has absolutely no ability to be critical of Apple. Even if he pretends to be discussing an issue with Apple, he'll just go further and further off topic and never actually address the issue.
There is that a good enough summary of why I can't stand reading his crap?
I gave up about half way through this one. Which is admittedly further than I usually get. But I stopped reading when he just started ranting about why Google's Android platform sucks. Considering how he has no idea what Google has planned for Android, he has no real basis for arguing about what he sees as problems with the Android platform. Nor does he bother to discuss the actual issues with the iPhone platform (part of the exclusion of anti-Apple facts thing I started my list with).