Originally Posted by technohermit
But they did improve on that stuff, if you've bothered to try it, or at least read some reviews from people who have actually tried it. The stuff MS has "stolen", they have also improved upon.
Yeah I too feel guilty for not reading the paid ads aka review of windows, or that I didn't give a try to the new version crappy software that has taken 15 or so years of my life with crashes, bugs, viruses, bad design, and above all complete and utter impossibility of using the system for more than 20% of the time (the other 80% you are servicing it) to get some actual productive work done.
I feel so guilty that since I switched to apple three years ago (and that includes the iphone) I can actually get my work done and my digital life organized in an intuitive, effective, beautiful looking, and highly productive way.
I feel so guilty for not checking windows 7, for not giving one single toss about microsoft's garbage and actually using my computer instead to enrich and enable my daily life.
But in honesty now, I feel such a damn fool that I didn't switch to apple earlier on, because of all the blah blah of the idiot pc zealots and the sheer lying and b**ing of apple on their price, incompatibility and all the other garbage thrown at apple.
Now when I want to change a setting I just spotlight or search setting instead of ploughing through inane menus and submenus. I have set beautiful icons for my folders that I can quickly and intuitively access. I have arranged my work and digital life there and I can spotlight and find anything in a flash, be it music, pictures, receipts, university papers, books, research, spreadsheets. I can set spaces to keep things separate, hot corners to fastly access functions, expose, multi gestures. I have full drive encryption in file vault and super easy way to make encrypted images for my sensitive data. I now have an app on the iphone with 3DES syncing to my computer.
I have super community support by intelligent people for a change via apple or the user forums, and extra fast updates from apple for any mishap. I have the best music player in the world in itunes that I have only recently realized its huge potential, I have my radio, my beloved podcasts, my huge music library there. I have great open source software from the community that fits in perfectly with apple's interface and I have the option of some fantastic commercial programs that untie my hands. In what is one of my most loved pieces of software, super duper, I can clone my whole hd in a flash and tranfer it as is to any mac, or boot from it, I can update it in a flahsh, I can just choose to take a system clone only. And of course I ve got the best backup in the bussiness in time machine and the easiest most intuitive way to do it in the time capsule. I dont have an antivirus and antimalware bogging my system. (I can go on ad infinitum in this list...but I ll stop)
All these integrate perfectly with my touch and iphone in a seamless way (that could of course improve and I am sure it will).
Recently too, I have got the best cloud service on the planet (after a slow start that apple was generous to admit and compensate ALL users with free months usage) to integrate all my digital life and sync it all together so I am not tied to a single desktop. I can easily share with anyone almost any file size I want...and like I said all that ties in seamlessly by the best mobile platform on the globe, the one where the most innovation and applications happen, the smartest mobile computer in the iphone. And soon this will integrate with the tablet, which will be a revolution so big I wont even go into. I know I am not the super cutting edge with my hardware with apple (like some 0.00001 of the population dealing in experimental projects might be) but I also know that I am on the consumer cutting edge, that whatever new innovation appears I will get it faster than anyone on any other system, and above all much better implemented and completely functional. I will have wifi earlier than anyone else, I will have air tunes and streaming to my stereo earlier than anyone else, a proper digital media store and player earlier than anyone else, intuitive whole computer search earlier than anyone else, the thinnest laptop earlier than anyone else, the best most intuitive wifi backup and server storage station in the time capsule earlier than anyone else, the smallest most practical mini computer and home theatre center than anyone else, the best mobile platform earlier than anyone else, and better than anyone else. A 27 led computer, earlier and cheaper than anyone else, when everyone else will be dishing out the same money for a mere 27 inch monitor.
I, and other switchers reap these benefits.
AND YOU HAVE THE GALL TO ASK US WHY THE F. DIDN'T WE CHECK OUT WINDOWS 7 OR READ THE REVIEWS????? Windows 7 is the thing we care less than anything in the globe. After years and years of torture...