or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs e-mails terse response to upset Apple developer

Steve Jobs e-mails terse response to upset Apple developer - Page 6

post #201 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Which poster on this thread has been sent to Coventry by the mods?

You know, the one that you dare not speak his name!
post #202 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim kap sol View Post

Steve Jobs has really devolved into an asshole -- a fuckhead to the highest degree.

And yet because of these traits he's managed to turn a failing computer company into a world recognised brand that is the only tech company that is freehold and making lots of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim kap sol View Post

A preemptive fuck you to anyone that disagrees with me. Yes, that means *YOU*.

Right back at you.
post #203 of 214
Quote:

Which poster on this thread has been sent to Coventry by the mods?

I can't tell. I'm surprised some names are still clear. At least from what i can see.
post #204 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

I can't tell. I'm surprised some names are still clear. At least from what i can see.

Googles cache of page 4 starts off in sync and no other post is missing between the two, so it would have occurred after post 155 which was posted at 03:25 EST.

Oh well, its not the AIs irritable bowel-boy as I can see people are replying to his asinine comments.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #205 of 214
Quote:

Oh well, it’s not the AI’s irritable bowel-boy as I can see people are replying to his asinine comments.

And you're his #1 responder.
post #206 of 214
what if I'm going to use one of the next words:
- bipod
- tripod
- unipod
- antipode
is Apple have a trademark on these words just because they contain "ipod" as in the "ipodrip"?!

Plain stupid.
sent from my... internet browser of choice.
sent from my... internet browser of choice.
post #207 of 214
Jobs comes across as such a douche with that reply but I guess he achieved the desired result.

What I don't understand is why he didn't have a problem initially with the iPodRip name when it was released in 2003? Why wait 6 years until the app has an established userbase? A name can be a valuable commodity so changing the name can be 'a big deal'...
post #208 of 214
Quote:
If there is anything at all you can do with regards to this matter, we would be most grateful.

Both are smart. What he wants - tells user there's a great app, minimize the impact caused by name change. What Apple wants - fix the legal issue but not kill a great app. So, what Steve could do - reply the email and let the media do the rest.
post #209 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2992 View Post

what if I'm going to use one of the next words:
- bipod
- tripod
- unipod
- antipode
is Apple have a trademark on these words just because they contain "ipod" as in the "ipodrip"?!

Plain stupid.

What is uniquely stupid is your assumption that Apple has a trademark on words that existed before the iPod simply because they contain the letters i-p-o-d in that that order. By your reasoning no one can have the name McDonald because it infringes on the restaurant.

If you read the thread youd see that trademark infringement only exists when there is a potential confusion between products. Since iPodRip was specifically making a product for the iPod there is a conflict and an obvious name usage built upon Apples trademarked term.
post #210 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post

What I don't understand is why he didn't have a problem initially with the iPodRip name when it was released in 2003? Why wait 6 years until the app has an established userbase? A name can be a valuable commodity so changing the name can be 'a big deal'...

A company has to defend their trademark or risk losing it, but it does not have to expend excessive resources to constantly seek out and destroy them as quickly as possible. Its possible iPodRip simply flew under Apple Legals radar until they sent the first letter asking them to change their name. Happens all the time. This is nothing new.
post #211 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

There is also a grammatical mistake here: "... customers that has potentially caused you many repeat clients ..."

Personally, I would never, ever, send an email to Steve Jobs that wasn't perfectly formed at the very least. He's lucky he got an answer at all.

Well, as long as you bring up grammar, note that in Steve's reply:

Change your apps name. Not that big of a deal.

We're missing an apostrophe. Should be:

apps

And, of course, e-mail takes a hyphen, at least according to Websters Collegiate, Eleventh Edition. But lets not strain ourselves.
post #212 of 214
Did you really just write and publish an article for the simple fact that steve blowjobs responded to an email?
post #213 of 214
Note To Steve...

It's app's NOT apps - or have you yet to figure out how to type an apostrophe on the iPhone's keyboard? LOL!
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #214 of 214
iPodJobs is just an insensitive iPodPrick whose arrogant iPodAttitudes permeate his iPodCompany. iPodApple and its shiny happy iPodLemmings he calls iPodEmployees are living proof of how the iPodHive-mentality hinders a potentially great iPodCompany.

Thank God for for alternatives.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs e-mails terse response to upset Apple developer