or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › So what happened to the Packers?

So what happened to the Packers?

post #1 of 19
Last week the Cheesie Poofs, er Cheese Heads, were saying how this weeks Rams/Packers game was going to be a shootout and that the Packers matched the Rams in talent.

What happened?
Still waiting for a PowerMac that is a significant jump in performance from current levels.
Still waiting for a PowerMac that is a significant jump in performance from current levels.
post #2 of 19
I don't know, but no one wanted to bet this kid that the Rams would win by more than 15 so I was daring and did it and I won.
post #3 of 19
i dont know...and i dont really care why, but its hilarious to see faaaaaaaaver get spanked around like that. sweet justice...
go Rams!!!!!!!!
"If it weren't for my horse...I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

"If curling is an olympic sport, then oral sex is adultery. If anything, oral sex should be an olympic sport...cause it's...

"If curling is an olympic sport, then oral sex is adultery. If anything, oral sex should be an olympic sport...cause it's...
post #4 of 19
[quote]Originally posted by EmAn:
<strong>I don't know, but no one wanted to bet this kid that the Rams would win by more than 15 so I was daring and did it and I won.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I did the same at work. They wouldnt take a more than 10 point bet, so I said, ok 14. They took it. Best part is picking up the winnings.
post #5 of 19
People dog on the Rams for being flashy or whatever but they are dominant. Kurt Warner is an alien, same for Marshall Faulk.

I love Brett Favre, but the Rams are it.
proud resident of a failed state
post #6 of 19
What happened? They played St Luis.
All Your PCs Are Belong To Trash
All Your PCs Are Belong To Trash
post #7 of 19
[quote]Originally posted by groverat:
<strong>People dog on the Rams for being flashy or whatever but they are dominant. Kurt Warner is an alien, same for Marshall Faulk.

I love Brett Favre, but the Rams are it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah, i always wondered why they were so good in 2k1 on dreamcast............

post #8 of 19
You know, Warner is good, but the game was one because Favre was intercepted 6 times. It wasn't Daulk or Warner today, it was big defense making plays.

And even given Warner an opportunity to make some plays, with Faulk, Proehl, Holt, Bruce, Hakim, etc. all fast and all with gluelike hands, you could stick Phil Schiller on the field as QB and the Rams would still win every single game.
I can change my sig again!
post #9 of 19
Eugene-Phil? Let's not get crazy! Ives maybe...
What are you up to, Norm?

My ideal weight if I were 11 feet tall.
What are you up to, Norm?

My ideal weight if I were 11 feet tall.
post #10 of 19
They were 'psyched' even before the game began.... and the home field atvantage was seriouusly at play when up against that kind of pre-play negative spin that they all had to hear, over and over.

It was awfull to watch....
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #11 of 19
they sucked..HAHHAAHA and i enjoyed every mintue of it.
My Bears lost, and i was feeling kinda down but the Rams winning and seeing breet play like shit made me feel a better.
i hate green bay and there fans more than anything in the world. seconded only by red wings and there fans.
BEAR DOWN
"I don't think I'm ever going to find Jesus Christ, So I'd rather spend my cash on vice."
--The Twelve Steps by Spiritualized
"I don't think I'm ever going to find Jesus Christ, So I'd rather spend my cash on vice."
--The Twelve Steps by Spiritualized
post #12 of 19
Yeah Farve pulled a Gerbac. But as for your crappy Bears spicoli, they still suck.
"Its a good thing theres no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release
"Its a good thing theres no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release
post #13 of 19
So it's about good recievers... why aren't the Vikings still in it?

Warner is the best deep-ball thrower in the league.
post #14 of 19
It's a good day to live in St. Louis...

Go Blues!
post #15 of 19
Randy "I don't even try" Mo$$? Chris Carter has heart, but Moss's episodes probably took all the energy out of him.

That and when one of your key players suddenly dies in the pre-season, that casts a long shadow on the road ahead.
post #16 of 19
I would say Korey Stringer's death has nothing to do with it. The usual case is a team coming out and kicking ass in honor of the dead person.

And Randy Moss just spoke the truth, albeit a taboo truth. Sure he's arrogant to say it, but it's hilarious to see all the hand-wringing. Who would be your first choice at WR to start a football team from scratch? (And don't lie.)
post #17 of 19
Someone with leadership. It wouldn't be Mo$$, that's for sure.
post #18 of 19
As good as Favre is he is simply not good when playing in a dome and on any surface other than grass. His record going in was 12-17 indoors. Now wonder they sucked against Dallas all those years

With the NFL today it does not seem to take much for any team to go from rags to riches as there is often very little to differentiate the kings from the dogs. Look at how teams go from 4-12 one year, 13-3 the next and then back to 2-14 the year after that
post #19 of 19
[quote]Originally posted by spicoli:
<strong>
i hate green bay and there fans more than anything in the world. seconded only by red wings and there fans.
BEAR DOWN</strong><hr></blockquote>

*LoL* Good comparison. The Red Wings blow goats - even if they are already the regular season champions. The only guys on that team I even remotely like are Yzerman and Robataille. Stevey Y is freakin amazing; if you like hockey you gotta respect the guy in a big way. Hull on the other hand, is an arrogant bastard and should be given a concusion immediately if not sooner.

Go get 'im Proby!

[Oh yah, I forgot about Lidstrom. Gotta give him his due.I think he's better than Blake, McInnis and Pronger without question. If Bill Wirtz weren't such a dickhead we could have guys like him on our team.... ]

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ]</p>
Aldo is watching....
Aldo is watching....
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › So what happened to the Packers?