or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › September 11th, religion, and a cool video

September 11th, religion, and a cool video

post #1 of 9
I recently came across <a href="http://www.guerrillanews.com/redux/" target="_blank">this</a> on iFilm, and thought that it was great. They make a very good point about associating Islam with Terrorism, and it is generally very well done (Im a fan of this kinda thing, like OTV on Heavy.com).

However when searching this site I also came across <a href="http://www.guerrillanews.com/counter_intelligence/doc231.html" target="_blank">this.</a>

Comments on either? The second kinda shocked me, but being the harsh conspiracy theorist that I am I loved it
The question is the credibillity of it, the guy seems to be respectable, and they say that he has evidence, but I think youd have to actually read his articles to get the full scope. He seems to jump to many conclusions, but thats what journalism is about, itsnt it
Those who dance the dance must look very foolish to those who can't hear the music
Those who dance the dance must look very foolish to those who can't hear the music
post #2 of 9
KMFDM did it better. Though they didn't take themselves too seriously. I wonder about these guys.
post #3 of 9
KFMDM? Links? I need a new news site, as I worry about this one (a little too leftwing, which is odd coming from me)
post #4 of 9
"Earth's survival depends on our collective, unified participation..."

For the most part, America has been ready for years, save some pockets of sheltered individuals and some paranoia.

The next step forward must be from those lagging way behind, and those people are the ones who don't do enough to stop suicide bombers in the name of Islam, or those who let high profile terrorists walk among them. What is the American public supposed to think of terrorism in the name of Islam, coming out of countries that are doing very little to stop it?

If we continue to press forward in burying our "militant traditions," cultural differences will only seem much larger and significant. Our philosophical opponents must come to us. It is not worth it to meet them halfway, to go backward. Only then will we even be able to think about burying our animosity.
I can change my sig again!
post #5 of 9
Ah yes, the Florida ballots episode was not covered in the American media...

I had to watch BBC to find out about the butterfly ballots, the supposed turning away of black voters, the hanging chads and Jeb Bush, "You will win Florida," conspiracies...No...I followed the American news-media for that.

Man, to consider yourself exiled from Canada...what must Palast been doing!?
post #6 of 9
States being open to this eh? Maybe ideally that is true, but then how many people are pro-kicking immigrants out of the country (not that Im defending anywhere else, I know that Canadas just as bad), why is there a gorwing hatred against Islam (want proof? Go check here and Ars), etc. etc.
I dunno, I just love the mixing of film footage into a rudementry song

As for being exiled from Canada, I get this feeling that it was self impossed.
By the by, you may have an ideal of Canada as a free safe heaven, let me guarantee you that that is not so. For everything that the government does wrong in the States, something goes wrong here. Im almost thinking of moving back down there...
Also, the media is heavily sensored both here and in the States. eg. A recent story, cant remember the guys name, but he owns quite a few newspapers and would not allow any article into circulation that critisized Isreal.

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: The Toolboi ]</p>
post #7 of 9
A fun video, but not too much information. All of the quotes are obvioulsy taken out of context to make the video flow the way the author intends. I enjoyed it, but I attach no significance to any of the points the author of the video was touching on. There is not enough there to make any point that can be backed up.

The dueling banjos was fun though.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #8 of 9
[quote]Originally posted by NoahJ:
<strong>All of the quotes are obvioulsy taken out of context to make the video flow the way the author intends.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Exactly. KMFDM would take speaches by Jimmy Carter and turn them upside down just by rearranging his words cut-n-paste style.

<a href="http://www.kmfdm.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kmfdm.net/</a>
post #9 of 9
The point was that it was funny. That was the only point (well except the end I guess).
I liked the "Dont go ta heall, pleaaseh, dont go ta heall"
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › September 11th, religion, and a cool video