or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Climategate
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Climategate - Page 54

post #2121 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Russian Scientist: 'World should expect cooling not warming...temperatures will drop to levels last seen in the 1950s and 1960s'

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2122 of 3039
Came across this on the internet, not sure about the credentials of the source (eyes Frankseargent) but it is an interesting take. Basically the conclusion is that the IPCCs numbers don't add up like the reports say they do. (caution: extensive math in the article, for those who don't like that kind of thing)

Quote:
Predictions Of Global Mean Temperatures & IPCC Projections

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) claims that human emission of CO2 causes catastrophic global warming. When such extraordinary claim is made, every one with background in science has to look at the data and verify whether the claim is justified or not. In this article, a mathematical model was developed that agrees with observed Global Mean Temperature Anomaly (GMTA), and its prediction shows global cooling by about 0.42 deg C until 2030. Also, comparison of observed increase in human emission of CO2 with increase in GMTA during the 20th century shows no relationship between the two. As a result, the claim by the IPCC of climate catastrophe is not supported by the data.

According to the Occams Razor principle, given a choice between two explanations, choose the simplest one that requires the fewest assumptions. Instead of applying the Occams Razor principle by assuming the cause of GMTA turning points to be natural, the IPCC assumed the cause to be man-made [9]

According to the IPCC and the above suggestion, the 1940 GMTA turning point from global warming to cooling was caused by sulfates, the 1970 GMTA turning point from cooling to warming was caused by carbon dioxide, and the 2000 GMTA turning point from warming to plateau was caused by sulfates. It is interesting to note that sulfate and carbon dioxide gave the globe a 30-year alternate cooling and warming phases from 1940 to 2000. This is just absurd.

Instead of saying, Be awkward if we went through a early 1940s type swing! in private, but global warming is accelerating at a much faster pace in public, please release the world from the fear of climate catastrophe from use of fossil fuels, as this catastrophe is not supported by your own data. It is extremely callous not to do so.

Is the theory that human emission of CO2 causes catastrophic global warming one of the greatest blunders or something worse of science? We will find the unambiguous answer within the next ten years. Hope they dont succeed in calling the plant food a pollutant and tax us before then.
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
post #2123 of 3039

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #2124 of 3039
Thread Starter 

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2125 of 3039
Thread Starter 

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2126 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Wormhole, do you sell these?

Only $ 525.87 for you.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2127 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Of course they are better. As a society we get much better use out of actual energy generated or products produced with coal and oil than we we do out of solutions to imaginary alarmism.

We also get a lot more cancer, asthma, heart disease and autism, which is great! Gotta love it.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2128 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

We also get a lot more cancer, asthma, heart disease and autism, which is great! Gotta love it.

Please prove that we can use alternate energy sources to keep the same number of people living the same standard of living while ridding the world of all these various ailments.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #2129 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Please prove that we can use alternate energy sources to keep the same number of people living the same standard of living while ridding the world of all these various ailments.

____________________________
||||||
____________________________________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
____________________________________________ There you go, the proof you requested.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2130 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Please prove that we can use alternate energy sources to keep the same number of people living the same standard of living while ridding the world of all these various ailments.



What standard of living is it you are referring to.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2131 of 3039
Thread Starter 

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2132 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

We also get a lot more cancer, asthma, heart disease and autism, which is great! Gotta love it.

Um, lets just look at your premise.

Cancer, caused by oil and coal use.

Asthma, caused by oil and coal use.

Heart Disease, caused by oil and coal use.

Autism, caused by oil and coal use.

Ok, now lets shed a little reality....

Cancer, caused by nearly everything sold in the stores that are man made. Is it caused by oil and coal use, in some factors, yes, but it is hardly the leading cause for the general population.

Asthma, caused by many things, including oil and coal use. I have no quibble here for the most part. I do think that parents who smoke are a major cause here though.

Heart Disease, McDonalds, Burger King, and all the other fast food places have oil and coal on the ropes here most likely. Followed by lack of exercise, and simple stupid choices by people who are unwilling to take care of themselves because it is the right thing to do.

Autism, show me the link to oil and coal use please. (Edit: It seems that coal fired plants release Mercury into the air which may cause an increase in Autism for those that live nearer to the plants. The link has not been fully proven, but it is statistically high enough to be a concern. At least from the article I was reading.) A newer study: http://journals.lww.com/co-pediatric...mental.17.aspx And an Article that linked me to the study: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/25/op...stof&st=Search

I don't think that your argument is that strong here. If you want to show me where I am wrong that is fine. I am willing to learn. I have experience with both Asthma and Autism in my family and would love to see the link to the second.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #2133 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Um, lets just look at your premise.

Cancer, caused by oil and coal use.

Asthma, caused by oil and coal use.

Heart Disease, caused by oil and coal use.

Autism, caused by oil and coal use.

I can see you failed logic 101.

He said "more".

Cancer, can be caused by oil and coal use. Check.
Asthma, can be caused by oil and coal use. Check.
Heart disease, can be caused by oil and coal use. Check.
Autism, can be caused by oil and coal use. Admittedly under debate.

This is exactly the same thing as the GW argument...

We say that humans can have an impact on the climate.
In return, you lie and make it sound as though we implied that "only" humans have an impact on the climate.
post #2134 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I can see you failed logic 101.

He said "more".

Cancer, can be caused by oil and coal use. Check.
Asthma, can be caused by oil and coal use. Check.
Heart disease, can be caused by oil and coal use. Check.
Autism, can be caused by oil and coal use. Admittedly under debate.

This is exactly the same thing as the GW argument...

We say that humans can have an impact on the climate.
In return, you lie and make it sound as though we implied that "only" humans have an impact on the climate.

My response was, I felt, very clear. No lying. And he did not just say more, he said "A LOT MORE". The premise he used was weak. Stopping oil and coal use would have limited if any effect on most of the conditions he mentioned. Perhaps I should have been more forthright in the argument. There are more pressing issues that cause the conditions he is claiming that nobody cares about.

On the climate change front, I never said anything of the sort. If anything, I said that the impact that humans have on the Global Climate is limited if any. So you are right, the argument is similar, and your response is the same in both cases as well. Misinterpretation.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #2135 of 3039
At least I was able to include evidence in my "lying post". He was unwilling to in his...
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #2136 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

My response was very clear. No lying. And he did not just say more, he said "A LOT MORE". The premise he used was weak. Stopping oil and coal use would have limited if any effect on most of the conditions he mentioned. Perhaps I should have been more forthright. There are more pressing issues that cause the conditions he is claiming that nobody cares about.

One single case of heart disease less will save about $ 500,000 in health care cost.

People who live near freeways, near train depots and such have the highest amount per capita in heart disease.
Breathing Diesel particulates = eating grease.
Mira Loma in CA is the 4th most polluted city on the planet (after Jakarta), asthma among children is skyrocketing.
During the no fly days after 9/11 the delta of temperature between night and day increased by 5 degrees. Turns out the vapor trails of airplanes keep the earth from cooling during the night.

Ever been to Chicago when there was a "Ozone Alert" and people are asked to stay indoors?

I know this is what Humpdy Trumpty means with standard of living. It would be against god to develop new technologies that would improve our standard of living.

But now due to the F#$$@^$#^$ climate deniers we have to license the patents from Germany and China.

I need to add that Ford and GM are licensing hybrid technology from Toyota. So even if you buy a Ford or GM hybrid Toyota is making $. This is due to the idiots who abandoned E car production to built Hummers instead.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2137 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

____________________________
||||||
____________________________________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
____________________________________________ There you go, the proof you requested.

A weird piece of ASCII art?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

What standard of living is it you are referring to.

The standard of living that while including tradeoffs, allows 6 billion people to live on this planet and 300 million to live in the United States in their current conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I can see you failed logic 101.

He said "more".

Cancer, can be caused by oil and coal use. Check.
Asthma, can be caused by oil and coal use. Check.
Heart disease, can be caused by oil and coal use. Check.
Autism, can be caused by oil and coal use. Admittedly under debate.

This is exactly the same thing as the GW argument...

We say that humans can have an impact on the climate.
In return, you lie and make it sound as though we implied that "only" humans have an impact on the climate.

The rates have risen but then again so has the ability to diagnose, treat, awareness and life expectancy to allow such things to occur.

It is a moving goal post. Grandpa's life expectancy a couple generations ago was barely 65. Now it is an average of 76 and gee, somewhere in those last newly acquired 11 years there might be more heart disease or cancer.

That's called a trade off. Guess what, as we have more people living into their 80's and 90's, we have increased rates of dementia and Alzheimer's Disease.

It's almost like... GASP, we are in uncharted waters and can't magically just arrive at Utopia by fiat.

BTW, if you ever want to see some truly nasty chemical processes, look at the chemicals and waste from semiconductors, batteries and other associated "green" items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

One single case of heart disease less will save about $ 500,000 in health care cost.

People who live near freeways, near train depots and such have the highest amount per capita in heart disease.
Breathing Diesel particulates = eating grease.
Mira Loma in CA is the most polluted city on the planet, asthma among children is skyrocketing.
During the no fly days after 9/11 the delta of temperature between night and day increased by 5 degrees. Turns out the vapor trails of airplanes keep the earth from cooling during the night.

Ever been to Chicago when there was a "Ozone Alert" and people are asked to stay indoors?

I know this is what Humpdy Trumpty means with standard of living. It would be against god to develop new technologies that would improve our standard of living.

But now due to the F#$$@^$#^$ climate deniers we have to license the patents from Germany and China.

First the U.S. standards for diesel fuel use are much higher than those in Europe where diesel use is much higher. We have demanded cleaner systems and low sulfer systems in terms of diesel being dirty. Second, take the same number of people, and have them rely on wind and solar power in the same area and have everything delivered by bike and watch them all die. There is a reason we use fossil fuels and if they could be easily replaced, we would do it. The most easily stored form of dense non-volatile energy we have is fossil fuels.

People like yourself should just admit they are advocating genocide. You'll sacrifice a couple billion human beings and consider it the ends that justify the means for your green utopian religion. Stop being a fanatic and realize that we could save plenty of costs by your insane reasoning if we just plugged them with bullets and killed them instead of treating them as well. Only we won't do that because that would be genocide. Likewise we don't just turn off oil and turn on something else that has a magitude of order lower ability to deliver or store energy because we don't want people dead. Since you continue to advocate for it, clearly you do want them dead.

We won't give up energy solutions that keep them alive even if minute percentages of them suffer some trade-offs that may or may not be associated the actual use of said products, but may actually just be the numbers running on an entire population that can afford diagnose, treat, discover and deal with an entire population living longer and better.

We can see the number of dead going up with the cost of heating oil in the winter or the lack of air conditioning in the summer. Prove that you can hand them the alternatives and not increase the death rate. It can't be done so what you advocate is genocide.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #2138 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

One single case of heart disease less will save about $ 500,000 in health care cost.

Can save...

Quote:
People who live near freeways, near train depots and such have the highest amount per capita in heart disease.
Breathing Diesel particulates = eating grease.
Mira Loma in CA is the 4th most polluted city on the planet (after Jakarta), asthma among children is skyrocketing.

Any links to your evidence of the links to oil and coal? All of this is interesting and sad as well, but there are no supporting facts to the basic premise.

Quote:
During the no fly days after 9/11 the delta of temperature between night and day increased by 5 degrees. Turns out the vapor trails of airplanes keep the earth from cooling during the night.

From which measuring stations? The ones at the airports? While the planes were not running...

Quote:
Ever been to Chicago when there was a "Ozone Alert" and people are asked to stay indoors?

Not while one happened in Chicago, So-Cal, yes...

Quote:
I know this is what Humpdy Trumpty means with standard of living. It would be against god to develop new technologies that would improve our standard of living.

Ask him... Directly.

Quote:
But now due to the F#$$@^$#^$ climate deniers we have to license the patents from Germany and China.

I need to add that Ford and GM are licensing hybrid technology from Toyota. So even if you buy a Ford or GM hybrid Toyota is making $. This is due to the idiots who abandoned E car production to built Hummers instead.

If you feel that businesses are being stupid, talk to the businesses. The people do not block them from innovating. If the are incapable of innovation and forward thinking then they deserve to fall behind. They had all the same market dynamics as Toyota and others and they failed to act. Study after study found that CUP HOLDERS were more important than fuel economy. Meanwhile, I and many others REFUSE to buy the gas guzzlers and tell the companies the make a better, more efficient car. And what is the result, Ford, GM and Chrysler all nearly folded. Climate CHANGE (AGW) skeptics are not responsible for this, the companies themselves are. Your anger is misplaced here.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #2139 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

a weird piece of ascii art?



The standard of living that while including tradeoffs, allows 6 billion people to live on this planet and 300 million to live in the united states in their current conditions.



The rates have risen but then again so has the ability to diagnose, treat, awareness and life expectancy to allow such things to occur.

It is a moving goal post. Grandpa's life expectancy a couple generations ago was barely 65. Now it is an average of 76 and gee, somewhere in those last newly acquired 11 years there might be more heart disease or cancer.

That's called a trade off. Guess what, as we have more people living into their 80's and 90's, we have increased rates of dementia and alzheimer's disease.

It's almost like... Gasp, we are in uncharted waters and can't magically just arrive at utopia by fiat.

Btw, if you ever want to see some truly nasty chemical processes, look at the chemicals and waste from semiconductors, batteries and other associated "green" items.



First the u.s. Standards for diesel fuel use are much higher than those in europe where diesel use is much higher. We have demanded cleaner systems and low sulfer systems in terms of diesel being dirty. Second, take the same number of people, and have them rely on wind and solar power in the same area and have everything delivered by bike and watch them all die. There is a reason we use fossil fuels and if they could be easily replaced, we would do it. The most easily stored form of dense non-volatile energy we have is fossil fuels.

People like yourself should just admit they are advocating genocide. You'll sacrifice a couple billion human beings and consider it the ends that justify the means for your green utopian religion. Stop being a fanatic and realize that we could save plenty of costs by your insane reasoning if we just plugged them with bullets and killed them instead of treating them as well. Only we won't do that because that would be genocide. Likewise we don't just turn off oil and turn on something else that has a magitude of order lower ability to deliver or store energy because we don't want people dead. Since you continue to advocate for it, clearly you do want them dead.

We won't give up energy solutions that keep them alive even if minute percentages of them suffer some trade-offs that may or may not be associated the actual use of said products, but may actually just be the numbers running on an entire population that can afford diagnose, treat, discover and deal with an entire population living longer and better.

We can see the number of dead going up with the cost of heating oil in the winter or the lack of air conditioning in the summer. Prove that you can hand them the alternatives and not increase the death rate. It can't be done so what you advocate is genocide.

yes i want genocide.

_____________________
________________________________________________
_____________________
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2140 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

yes i want genocide.

Thanks for admitting the truth and also for the new sig.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #2141 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

yes i want genocide.

But I bet you will charge Republicans more for it right?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #2142 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

But I bet you will charge Republicans more for it right?

Yes, of course Genocide is very expensive. We may have to raise taxes on Republicans.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2143 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Can save...



Any links to your evidence of the links to oil and coal? All of this is interesting and sad as well, but there are no supporting facts to the basic premise.



From which measuring stations? The ones at the airports? While the planes were not running...



Not while one happened in Chicago, So-Cal, yes...



Ask him... Directly.



If you feel that businesses are being stupid, talk to the businesses. The people do not block them from innovating. If the are incapable of innovation and forward thinking then they deserve to fall behind. They had all the same market dynamics as Toyota and others and they failed to act. Study after study found that CUP HOLDERS were more important than fuel economy. Meanwhile, I and many others REFUSE to buy the gas guzzlers and tell the companies the make a better, more efficient car. And what is the result, Ford, GM and Chrysler all nearly folded. Climate skeptics are not responsible for this, the companies themselves are. Your anger is misplaced here.

Climate Skeptics?
You are skeptic of climate?

That's some funny shit boy.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2144 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

Climate Skeptics?
You are skeptic of climate?

That's some funny shit boy.

I am skeptical of your seriousness. Reading the response in context make the meaning and what was being said perfectly clear. Once again, attack the person, not the substance. Nice.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #2145 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

Yes, of course Genocide is very expensive. We may have to raise taxes on Republicans.

You have already worked out how to profit from this? Got your business plan down?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #2146 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

You have already worked out how to profit from this? Got your business plan down?

Invest in estate sale advertising.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2147 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Thanks for admitting the truth and also for the new sig.

You are welcome, I know it's hard to come up with an original thought for people of your intellectual caliber.

________________ ______________________ ______________________________________
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2148 of 3039
I wasn't aware that people of your persuasion considered genocide nothing more than just original thought. Most of us would consider it a repulsive crime, but if you want to declare it "original thought" go ahead. I'm sure you'll improve the "quality of life" for those cancer patients by exterminating them instead. Likewise I have no doubt that when you are so quick to judge those who disagree with you as intellectually inferior, you'll have no trouble stripping their rights away or treating them in a subhuman manner.

The reasoning shown by you is the same reasoning that justified slavery and Jews being burned in ovens. If that is original thought, you can keep it.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #2149 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I wasn't aware that people of your persuasion considered genocide nothing more than just original thought. Most of us would consider it a repulsive crime, but if you want to declare it "original thought" go ahead. I'm sure you'll improve the "quality of life" for those cancer patients by exterminating them instead. Likewise I have no doubt that when you are so quick to judge those who disagree with you as intellectually inferior, you'll have no trouble stripping their rights away or treating them in a subhuman manner.

The reasoning shown by you is the same reasoning that justified slavery and Jews being burned in ovens. If that is original thought, you can keep it.

Who was it who posted about Genocide related to people advocating development of sustainable energy sources?
Wormhole...? NO
It was you my friend.

I gave an appropriately insane answer to a post from a radical.

________________

___________________________

________________
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2150 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

Who was it who posted about Genocide related to people advocating development of sustainable energy sources?
Wormhole...? NO
It was you my friend.

I gave an appropriately insane answer to a post from a radical.

________________

___________________________

________________

It is rare people on the left consider the consequences of their desires. To them, good intentions are better than even good outcomes.

I merely asked you to consider the outcome.

You not only considered it, you endorsed it.

Those words, quoted now, are yours alone.

Enjoy.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #2151 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It is rare people on the left consider the consequences of their desires. To them, good intentions are better than even good outcomes.

I merely asked you to consider the outcome.

You not only considered it, you endorsed it.

Those words, quoted now, are yours alone.

Enjoy.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
I will, thank you!
__________________________________________________ _________
I can feel your agony. Loosing is hard.
________________________

_______ ____________________
No you can't snort those.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2152 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
I will, thank you!
__________________________________________________ _________
I can feel your agony. Loosing is hard.
________________________

_______ ____________________
No you can't snort those.

So is spelling.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #2153 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Government: Global Warming causes cancer and mental illness...and so do "green" technologies.

Quote:
The report also highlighted a surprising way that global warming may cause more cancer: the development of green technologies. Green technologies often involve exotic metals and alloys that, according to the report, may cause cancer.

“Increased use of NiMH [nickel-metal-hydride] batteries [used in hybrid and electric cars] will necessarily require significant increases in nickel production and the impacts associated with nickel mining and refining,” states the report. “High-level nickel exposure is associated with increased cancer risk, respiratory disease, and birth defects; the same is true with certain other metals, especially cadmium and lead [used in solar cells and batteries].

“Increased production of solar cells also can lead to increased environmental risks,” reads the report. “For example, cadmium-tellurium (CdTe) compounds in photovoltaic systems and the potential for increased cadmium emissions from mining, refining, and the manufacture, utilization, and disposal of photovoltaic modules. Cadmium and cadmium compounds like CdTe are classified as known human carcinogens.”

Despite these warnings and predictions, the report admitted that the government knows little about whether or not any of these supposed new causes of cancer will actually cause any more cancer.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2154 of 3039
Thread Starter 

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2155 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Barbara Hollingsworth: Fannie Mae owns patent on residential 'cap and trade' exchange

What's this? A government-run company stands to make a boat load of cash from the passage of cap-and-trade legislation? I'm shocked. Utterly shocked.

This smells worse than Wormhole's fungal face masks.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2156 of 3039
Thread Starter 

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2157 of 3039
Keep going Jazz. Every time I wander into this forum, four of five people are posting but 30-40 are reading and passing on this information. Keep spreading that truth. Other people can keep spreading ad-homs, insults or wishes for genocide. People will see the truth you have posted.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #2158 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Keep going Jazz. Every time I wander into this forum, four of five people are posting but 30-40 are reading and passing on this information. Keep spreading that truth. Other people can keep spreading ad-homs, insults or wishes for genocide. People will see the truth you have posted.

Thanks for the encouragement, trumpt.

I continue to post links to relevant information pertaining to this topic for a few reasons.

First, this thread is now the premier thread on the climate change debate in PO. Since Climategate, the AGW skeptic movement has blossomed and more errors, inconsistencies, half-truths, and outright lies have been exposed for all to see. Now all anyone need do is refer to this thread to see just how full of holes the AGW bucket really is.

Second, as you said, there are many people who read these threads while refraining from participating in the discussions. I'm just trying to do the job the mainstream media refuses to do: inform.

Lastly, every ad-hom, insult, dismissal, etc. posted in response to the links I post by those who blindly accept the AGW theory as incontrovertible fact only serves to expose them as the real "denialists" in this debate.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2159 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Any links to your evidence of the links to oil and coal? All of this is interesting and sad as well, but there are no supporting facts to the basic premise.

To be honest, the reason Mira Loma is so polluted has very little to do with oil and gas exhausts and everything to do with the dumping of toxic waste that occurred during the 1970's.
post #2160 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

To be honest, the reason Mira Loma is so polluted has very little to do with oil and gas exhausts and everything to do with the dumping of toxic waste that occurred during the 1970's.

That would explain a lot too. The inability of companies to take care of their wastes in the past is still taking a toll on people today. I am sure that pollution causes many maladies, especially when they have such high concentrations, as in the dumping of wastes in highly concentrated forms.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Climategate