or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Climategate
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Climategate - Page 58

post #2281 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Anecdotal evidence? Talk about faith.

I'm sure your friends are very well-meaning, respectable people who are doing what the believe is right.

The reality of the matter is that we can no more accurately predict the climate 50 years from now than we can predict the weather next week.

Im on one side, looking at the mountain of cross-corroborative evidence from a dozen different disciplines, provided by eminent scientists whove usually made their fields their lives work.

Youre on the other side, calling it anecdotal evidence.

The gulfs just too wide. You have ideological reasons to deny yourself an accurate understanding of the world. Im just imploring you to accept what your eyes are reporting to your brain.
post #2282 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Im on one side, looking at the mountain of cross-corroborative evidence from a dozen different disciplines, provided by eminent scientists whove usually made their fields their lives work.

Youre on the other side, calling it anecdotal evidence.

The gulfs just too wide. You have ideological reasons to deny yourself an accurate understanding of the world. Im just imploring you to accept what your eyes are reporting to your brain.

The pathway of information from the eyes to the brain has to pass through a 2000 year old concept filter and ignorance first. Where normal people have reason they have the bible. The tinfoil on the head protects from any and all reality that could penetrate and also prevents any ignorance to escape.
We are burning billions of fires (internal combustion) every second, that could never heat the air. We are extracting TerraJoules of energy from the mantle and releasing them into the atmosphere, which is just a few thousand meters of gas while the mantle is .... that could never have an impact on the temperature of the atmosphere. No way. It's not in the bible. God says we can burn as many fires as we want. Hell is where the fire is and we want to be in hell!!!
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2283 of 3039
[posted in the wrong thread]
post #2284 of 3039
Thread Starter 
I implore you to accept what your eyes are reporting to your brain:

Study Finds No Link Tying Disaster Losses to Human-Driven Warming

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2285 of 3039
Thread Starter 

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2286 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Only if you stop using those beliefs as the motivation behind your other views and opinions. Otherwise, it's fair game.

I already provided a link to resources addressing the DNA evidence question in another thread. If you don't like or agree with my response I can certainly understand and respect that.

And if you are genuinely interested in learning more about and understanding my faith, I'm always open to sharing in the Christian thread.

If you are not genuinely interested in learning more about and understanding my faith, then you are bringing my religion - a deeply personal matter for me - into the discussion as a way of taunting, distracting, or otherwise harassing me. If that is so, I again respectfully ask that you stop.

I won't say any more on this matter, as it is derailing the thread.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2287 of 3039
Not much left to discuss in this thread, but I found this new story relevant:

U.N. climate panel urged to reform, stick to science

Quote:
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) The U.N. climate panel should make predictions only when it has solid evidence and should avoid policy advocacy, scientists said in a report on Monday that called for thorough reform of the body.

The U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) was widely criticized after admitting its 2007 global warming report wrongly said Himalayan glaciers would vanish by 2035 and that it overstated how much of the Netherlands is below sea level.

Such firm forecasts should be made "only when there is sufficient evidence," said a review group supported by the academies of science from the United States, Netherlands, Britain and around 100 other countries.

---

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has acknowledged there were mistakes in what is known as the Fourth Assessment Report published in 2007, a document of more than 3,000 pages that cited more than 10,000 scientific papers. But he has insisted its fundamental conclusions were correct.

---

Harold Shapiro, a Princeton University professor and chair of the committee that reviewed the IPCC's work, told reporters one IPCC report "contains many statements that were assigned high confidence but for which there is little evidence."

Shapiro said the IPCC's response to errors when they were subsequently revealed was "slow and inadequate." The errors, he said, "did dent the credibility of the process."

But Shapiro made clear the review did not assess the validity of the science behind the IPCC reports, leaving open the possibility the panel could face a new wave of attacks from its critics.
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
post #2288 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

BR, I respectfully request that you stop harassing me about my religious beliefs across different threads and regardless of topic.

You've got to admit, seriously, Jazzy... your particular branch of religion's beliefs are pretty kooky, even as religious beliefs go. As a social construct to guide behaviour, it's fine. In many ways I respect the Mormon church (in other ways -- homophobia, misogyny, population expansion -- I despise them). But your church's beliefs as evidence of anything? That's downright bizarre.

Please excuse me while I enjoy my morning cup of coffee.
post #2289 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You've got to admit, seriously, Jazzy... your particular branch of religion's beliefs are pretty kooky, even as religious beliefs go. As a social construct to guide behaviour, it's fine. In many ways I respect the Mormon church (in other ways -- homophobia, misogyny, population expansion -- I despise them). But your church's beliefs as evidence of anything? That's downright bizarre.

Please excuse me while I enjoy my morning cup of coffee.

Many of our beliefs are taken out of context and sensationalized, so I can certainly understand your perspective. But yes, we are a self-described "peculiar people".

I don't disagree with your population expansion claim, as we do believe that Adam and Eve were commanded to multiply and replenish the earth and that commandment is still in force.

I disagree with your homophobia and misogyny allegations, though. We are not afraid of people who live a homosexual lifestyle. And we have the highest respect for women. Just because we believe that each gender has different roles and responsibilities doesn't mean we value one above the other.

But when have I cited my religious beliefs in backing up my position in this thread? (I'm not necessarily saying I haven't - there are a lot of posts in here.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2290 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Many of our beliefs are taken out of context and sensationalized, so I can certainly understand your perspective. But yes, we are a self-described "peculiar people".

I don't disagree with your population expansion claim, as we do believe that Adam and Eve were commanded to multiply and replenish the earth and that commandment is still in force.

I disagree with your homophobia and misogyny allegations, though. We are not afraid of people who live a homosexual lifestyle. And we have the highest respect for women. Just because we believe that each gender has different roles and responsibilities doesn't mean we value one above the other.

But when have I cited my religious beliefs in backing up my position in this thread? (I'm not necessarily saying I haven't - there are a lot of posts in here.)

So that Prop 8 thing was really nothing.

And women are allowed into the inner sanctum of the Temple? Women can be ordained? Women are not discouraged from pursuing their careers?

Women in the Mormon Church are revered and worshiped. Unfortunately, they are worshiped as baby making machines and matriarchs at the family level. Nothing more.This fits into my definition of misogyny. You can't lock someone in a cell (in this case a cell comprised of gender roles) if you truly love and respect them.
post #2291 of 3039
And back to the question of climate change...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...-change-u-turn

Baby steps toward enlightenment.
post #2292 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

So that Prop 8 thing was really nothing.

And women are allowed into the inner sanctum of the Temple? Women can be ordained? Women are not discouraged from pursuing their careers?

Women in the Mormon Church are revered and worshiped. Unfortunately, they are worshiped as baby making machines and matriarchs at the family level. Nothing more.This fits into my definition of misogyny. You can't lock someone in a cell (in this case a cell comprised of gender roles) if you truly love and respect them.

I think you need to get more first-hand information from Mormons. Particularly women. I think you'll be surprised.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2293 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I think you need to get more first-hand information from Mormons. Particularly women. I think you'll be surprised.

And North Koreans love Kim Jong Il. Iraqis voted for Saddam Hussein.

My point is, when you're in an oppressive environment, sometimes it requires someone on the outside to point it out to you.

And in every environment you'll easily find women who love being housewives. But those that don't love that role shouldn't be forced into it.
post #2294 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

And North Koreans love Kim Jong Il. Iraqis voted for Saddam Hussein.

My point is, when you're in an oppressive environment, sometimes it requires someone on the outside to point it out to you.

And in every environment you'll easily find women who love being housewives. But those that don't love that role shouldn't be forced into it.

Again, you should read some first-hand accounts. You assume that all women in our church are being forced to do things against their will. That is simply not true.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2295 of 3039
Denialist's are going to become the new KKK soon. At least Lomborg won't be spreading their filth- http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...-change-u-turn
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #2296 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Denialist's are going to become the new KKK soon.

Really? How do you figure? That's a fairly audacious (and ridiculous) claim. I'd argue it's likely to be the other way around. It is the Climate Change Faithful who are seem to be of the opinion that excess carbon footprint might be crimes against humanity...and, well, you know what we ought to do with people who commit crimes against humanity. And it is the enviro-fascists who seem to want to compel everyone (perhaps forcibly) to install CFL bulbs, sort every bit of trash into recycling bins, install solar panels, drive hybrids, but everything locally, and live with less energy consumption altogether.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #2297 of 3039
I wasn't aware that the best way to counter supposed bad science is to ask people what their religion is, or call them mass murderers.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #2298 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I wasn't aware that the best way to counter supposed bad science is to ask people what their religion is, or call them mass murderers.

Now you know.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2299 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Really? How do you figure? That's a fairly audacious (and ridiculous) claim. I'd argue it's likely to be the other way around. It is the Climate Change Faithful who are seem to be of the opinion that excess carbon footprint might be crimes against humanity...and, well, you know what we ought to do with people who commit crimes against humanity. And it is the enviro-fascists who seem to want to compel everyone (perhaps forcibly) to install CFL bulbs, sort every bit of trash into recycling bins, install solar panels, drive hybrids, but everything locally, and live with less energy consumption altogether.

Because they've lost all the arguements and those one's that they continue to spout look very outdated and pathetic.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #2300 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Because they've lost all the arguements and those one's that they continue to spout look very outdated and pathetic.

So, naturally, they will revert to terrorizing people by planting the equivalent of burning crosses in people's yards, lynching people and dragging people behind trucks among other "niceties" perpetrated by the Ku Klux Klan throughout their illustrious history?



If there was any reason left to consider you a serious person, I suspect it is now gone.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #2301 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

So, naturally, they will revert to terrorizing people by planting the equivalent of burning crosses in people's yards, lynching people and dragging people behind trucks among other "niceties" perpetrated by the Ku Klux Klan throughout their illustrious history?



If there was any reason left to consider you a serious person, I suspect it is now gone.

Well I'll give him this. When people don't get their way and are angry ( and clearly don't have an agumentative leg to stand on ) a lot of times they do tend toward vilolence as a last resort. I'm not sure I think this will happen in this instance. However sad but true.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #2302 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Again, you should read some first-hand accounts. You assume that all women in our church are being forced to do things against their will. That is simply not true.

Read my post again. Now answer this question...

Where did I say ALL women in the LDS Church are being forced into the housewife role?

In fact I pointed it out that lots of women love being in the housewife role.

But there are those that want to be Surgeons. There are those that want to be fire fighters. There are those that want to be politicians. There are those that want to run a business as a CEO.
post #2303 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

When people don't get their way and are angry ( and clearly don't have an agumentative leg to stand on ) a lot of times they do tend toward vilolence as a last resort.

This is certainly true in some cases. We have plenty of examples of this from people on the left and right sides of the political spectrum. That said, to suggest that so-called "denialists" will become the next KKK lacks any serious analysis and sounds utterly ridiculous. Especially when the only ones that appear to committing acts of terror as it relates to the environment are those on the left.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #2304 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

This is certainly true in some cases. We have plenty of examples of this from people on the left and right sides of the political spectrum. That said, to suggest that so-called "denialists" will become the next KKK lacks any serious analysis and sounds utterly ridiculous. Especially when the only ones that appear to committing acts of terror as it relates to the environment are those on the left.

Violence is deplorable in any instance like this. However just because there ahve been some misguided people on the left over this in other venues there have been plenty on the right. It's the way angry people are when they don't get their way.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #2305 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Violence is deplorable in any instance like this. However just because there ahve been some misguided people on the left over this in other venues there have been plenty on the right.

Some and plenty? Nice spin.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

It's the way angry people are when they don't get their way.

Sometimes, yes.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #2306 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Particularly women. I think you'll be surprised.

Wow, Mor(m)ons are pro choice?
spiritualabuse
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2307 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Read my post again. Now answer this question...

Where did I say ALL women in the LDS Church are being forced into the housewife role?

In fact I pointed it out that lots of women love being in the housewife role.

But there are those that want to be Surgeons. There are those that want to be fire fighters. There are those that want to be politicians. There are those that want to run a business as a CEO.

Please see my reply in the Christian thread.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2308 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

Wow, Mor(m)ons are pro choice?
spiritualabuse

Harry Reid - Democrat and Senate Majority Leader - is a Mormon.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2309 of 3039
So wait, do the Mormons control the sun, the climate, or are they some sort of alternative energy source?

I'm trying to understand what this has to do with the thread.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #2310 of 3039
Well, this is a different way to further the Green agenda.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #2311 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Well, this is a different way to further the Green agenda.

Especially ironic in light of the previous comment in this thread that so-called "denialists" were likely to become the next KKK. \

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #2312 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Here's the guy's manifesto.

Quote:
The Discovery Channel MUST broadcast to the world their commitment to save the planet and to do the following IMMEDIATELY:

1. The Discovery Channel and it's affiliate channels MUST have daily television programs at prime time slots based on Daniel Quinn's "My Ishmael" pages 207-212 where solutions to save the planet would be done in the same way as the Industrial Revolution was done, by people building on each other's inventive ideas. Focus must be given on how people can live WITHOUT giving birth to more filthy human children since those new additions continue pollution and are pollution. A game show format contest would be in order. Perhaps also forums of leading scientists who understand and agree with the Malthus-Darwin science and the problem of human overpopulation. Do both. Do all until something WORKS and the natural world starts improving and human civilization building STOPS and is reversed! MAKE IT INTERESTING SO PEOPLE WATCH AND APPLY SOLUTIONS!!!!

2. All programs on Discovery Health-TLC must stop encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants and the false heroics behind those actions. In those programs' places, programs encouraging human sterilization and infertility must be pushed. All former pro-birth programs must now push in the direction of stopping human birth, not encouraging it.

3. All programs promoting War and the technology behind those must cease. There is no sense in advertising weapons of mass-destruction anymore. Instead, talk about ways to disassemble civilization and concentrate the message in finding SOLUTIONS to solving global military mechanized conflict. Again, solutions solutions instead of just repeating the same old wars with newer weapons. Also, keep out the fraudulent peace movements. They are liars and fakes and had no real intention of ending the wars. ALL OF THEM ARE FAKE! On one hand, they claim they want the wars to end, on the other, they are demanding the human population increase. World War II had 2 Billion humans and after that war, the people decided that tripling the population would assure peace. WTF??? STUPIDITY! MORE HUMANS EQUALS MORE WAR!

4. Civilization must be exposed for the filth it is. That, and all its disgusting religious-cultural roots and greed. Broadcast this message until the pollution in the planet is reversed and the human population goes down! This is your obligation. If you think it isn't, then get hell off the planet! Breathe Oil! It is the moral obligation of everyone living otherwise what good are they??

5. Immigration: Programs must be developed to find solutions to stopping ALL immigration pollution and the anchor baby filth that follows that. Find solutions to stopping it. Call for people in the world to develop solutions to stop it completely and permanently. Find solutions FOR these countries so they stop sending their breeding populations to the US and the world to seek jobs and therefore breed more unwanted pollution babies. FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THEM TO STOP THEIR HUMAN GROWTH AND THE EXPORTATION OF THAT DISGUSTING FILTH! (The first world is feeding the population growth of the Third World and those human families are going to where the food is! They must stop procreating new humans looking for nonexistant jobs!)

6. Find solutions for Global Warming, Automotive pollution, International Trade, factory pollution, and the whole blasted human economy. Find ways so that people don't build more housing pollution which destroys the environment to make way for more human filth! Find solutions so that people stop breeding as well as stopping using Oil in order to REVERSE Global warming and the destruction of the planet!

7. Develop shows that mention the Malthusian sciences about how food production leads to the overpopulation of the Human race. Talk about Evolution. Talk about Malthus and Darwin until it sinks into the stupid people's brains until they get it!!

8. Saving the Planet means saving what's left of the non-human Wildlife by decreasing the Human population. That means stopping the human race from breeding any more disgusting human babies! You're the media, you can reach enough people. It's your resposibility because you reach so many minds!!!

9. Develop shows that will correct and dismantle the dangerous US world economy. Find solutions for their disasterous Ponzi-Casino economy before they take the world to another nuclear war.

10. Stop all shows glorifying human birthing on all your channels and on TLC. Stop Future Weapons shows or replace the dialogue condemning the people behind these developments so that the shows become exposes rather than advertisements of Arms sales and development!

11. You're also going to find solutions for unemployment and housing. All these unemployed people makes me think the US is headed toward more war.

Humans are the most destructive, filthy, pollutive creatures around and are wrecking what's left of the planet with their false morals and breeding culture.

For every human born, ACRES of wildlife forests must be turned into farmland in order to feed that new addition over the course of 60 to 100 YEARS of that new human's lifespan! THIS IS AT THE EXPENSE OF THE FOREST CREATURES!!!! All human procreation and farming must cease!

It is the responsiblity of everyone to preserve the planet they live on by not breeding any more children who will continue their filthy practices. Children represent FUTURE catastrophic pollution whereas their parents are current pollution. NO MORE BABIES! Population growth is a real crisis. Even one child born in the US will use 30 to a thousand times more resources than a Third World child. It's like a couple are having 30 babies even though it's just one! If the US goes in this direction maybe other countries will too!

Also, war must be halted. Not because it's morally wrong, but because of the catastrophic environmental damage modern weapons cause to other creatures. FIND SOLUTIONS JUST LIKE THE BOOK SAYS! Humans are supposed to be inventive. INVENT, DAMN YOU!!

The world needs TV shows that DEVELOP solutions to the problems that humans are causing, not stupify the people into destroying the world. Not encouraging them to breed more environmentally harmful humans.

Saving the environment and the remaning species diversity of the planet is now your mindset. Nothing is more important than saving them. The Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, Elephants, Froggies, Turtles, Apes, Raccoons, Beetles, Ants, Sharks, Bears, and, of course, the Squirrels.

The humans? The planet does not need humans.

You MUST KNOW the human population is behind all the pollution and problems in the world, and YET you encourage the exact opposite instead of discouraging human growth and procreation. Surely you MUST ALREADY KNOW this!

I want Discovery Communications to broadcast on their channels to the world their new program lineup and I want proof they are doing so. I want the new shows started by asking the public for inventive solution ideas to save the planet and the remaining wildlife on it.

These are the demands and sayings of Lee.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2313 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Harry Reid - Democrat and Senate Majority Leader - is a Mormon.

So is Nancy Pelosi and Glenn Beck.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #2314 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Here's the guy's manifesto.

Wow. Somebody's off his meds!
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
post #2315 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

So is Nancy Pelosi and Glenn Beck.

Nancy Pelosi is a pro-choice Roman Catholic. Not that that seems contradictory or anything.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #2316 of 3039
Thread Starter 
ABC is calling the guy an "Environmental Militant".

What's interesting is many of the things in his manifesto echo things that have been said here in PO by the Anthropogenic Global Warming zealots.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2317 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

ABC is calling the guy an "Environmental Militant".

What's interesting is many of the things in his manifesto echo things that have been said here in PO by the Anthropogenic Global Warming zealots.

Shit, that's interesting.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #2318 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

So, naturally, they will revert to terrorizing people by planting the equivalent of burning crosses in people's yards, lynching people and dragging people behind trucks among other "niceties" perpetrated by the Ku Klux Klan throughout their illustrious history?



If there was any reason left to consider you a serious person, I suspect it is now gone.

I really do believe that the most paranoid of the denialist movement will resort to terrorism in many forms in the coming years. Most won't, but many will.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #2319 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

ABC is calling the guy an "Environmental Militant".

What's interesting is many of the things in his manifesto echo things that have been said here in PO by the Anthropogenic Global Warming zealots.

The dudes calling for human genocide. I called someone out on that earlier in the thread because even though they wouldn't fess up to it, certain policies and views clearly point in that direction if implemented.

I suspect this guy is just the tip of the iceberg. What else can you expect when you declared that carbon-based life forms and what they breath out are a pollutant that will kill the planet.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #2320 of 3039
Thread Starter 

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Climategate