or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Climategate

Climategate - Page 60

post #2361 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Why not compare it with solar activity, too?

Where's the comparison????
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2362 of 3039
Chinese Peer-Reveiwed Study Provides Overwhelming Evidence That IPCC Is Wrong: Medieval Warming Was Hotter

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #2363 of 3039
China’s Rise Complicates Goal of Using Less Energy

Quote:
Despite huge investment in new technologies, China is finding it difficult to make its economy more energy-efficient, a senior official said Thursday.

The acknowledgment of difficulties by Zhang Laiwu, deputy minister for science and technology, comes as China has become the world’s largest auto market and is spending heavily on high-speed rail and other infrastructure projects that require a lot of steel and cement, which are energy-intensive to make.

Quote:
While China is investing heavily in electric cars, they are still years away from reaching the market in numbers large enough to affect overall Chinese energy consumption, executives said Thursday at the Global Automotive Forum in Chengdu.

Xiao Guopu, the director and vice president of the Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation, one of China’s largest automakers, said his company planned to sell 20,000 plug-in hybrid cars in 2012 and 50,000 in 2015, with electric cars still being developed.

Wang Dazong, the president of Beijing Auto, said that China’s vehicle market would rise to 40 million in 2020, from about 17 million this year.

By comparison, the American market leveled off at 16 million to 17 million in its best years before the current economic downturn and is on track for closer to 12 million this year, said Yale Zhang, a vehicle market forecaster in Shanghai, who added that he expected the market in China to be closer to 30 million in 2020.

post #2364 of 3039
Quote:

Where is the comparison????
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2365 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

Where is the comparison????

post #2366 of 3039
Quote:

Where is the comparison???
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2367 of 3039
Quote:

Where is the comparison???

Google is your friend.

post #2368 of 3039
Quote:

Google is your friend.

you can't use google?
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2369 of 3039
Quote:

you can't use google?

I can't?

post #2370 of 3039
Quote:

I can't?

You suggest to compare the graphs with solar activity but you want me to do the work for you. That'll be $ 25,000.- (I am a capitalist you know)
As soon as the money clears I'll get started.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2371 of 3039
Quote:

You suggest to compare the graphs with solar activity but you want me to do the work for you. That'll be $ 25,000.- (I am a capitalist you know)
As soon as the money clears I'll get started.

I'm still waiting for you to deposit your excess wealth in my PayPal account. Just deduct the $25,000 from that amount and let me know when you're done. I'm a poor, poverty-stricken victim and I deserve your hard-earned wealth.

post #2372 of 3039
Quote:

I'm still waiting for you to deposit your excess wealth in my PayPal account. Just deduct the $25,000 from that amount and let me know when you're done. I'm a poor, poverty-stricken victim and I deserve your hard-earned wealth.

Just give me your soc sec number and your paypal email.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2373 of 3039
Quote:

Just give me your soc sec number and your paypal email.

You don't need my SSN. You don't deserve tax breaks. You're rich, and all rich people are evil and greedy.

post #2374 of 3039

have a nice day\
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #2375 of 3039
Quote:

You don't need my SSN. You don't deserve tax breaks. You're rich, and all rich people are evil and greedy.

Exactly.
I do need your soc sec number if I am going to give you 100,000 my CPA insists.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2376 of 3039
Quote:

Where is the comparison?

another helpful link for you
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2377 of 3039
Quote:

Where is the comparison?

another helpful link for you

Google is your friend. Seriously. It is.

post #2378 of 3039
Quote:

Google is your friend. Seriously. It is.

We should be freezing by now. steadily moving away from the sun. I know ... but what about the solar energy output .. well let's see it....
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2379 of 3039

post #2380 of 3039

post #2381 of 3039
1974 article: Dr. Lamb says global temps dropped by 1/3 to 1/2 of a degree C in last 30 years; 'Appears to be longest-continued downward trend since temp records began'

BUT...plot today of the 'same' HADCRU data from 1944-1974 NOW shows an increasing trend

Quote:
Dr. Lamb was also the source of the paleoclimate graph used in 1990 & 1995 IPCC reports which shows an inconvenient hotter Medieval Warming Period than the present.

post #2382 of 3039

Global temperature chart was complied by Climatologist Cliff Harris that combined the following resources:
"Climate and the Affairs of Men" by Dr. Iben Browing.

Quote:
We, Cliff Harris and Randy Mann, believe that the warming and even the cooling of global temperatures are the result of long-term climatic cycles, solar activity, sea-surface temperature patterns and more. However, Mankinds activities of the burning of fossil fuels, massive deforestations, the replacing of grassy surfaces with asphalt and concrete, the Urban Heat Island Effect, are making conditions worse and this will ultimately enhance the Earths warming process down the meteorological roadway in the next several decades.

During the early 1970s, our planet was in the midst of a colder and drier weather cycle. Inflationary recessions and oil shortages led to rationing and long gas lines at service stations worldwide. The situation at that time was far worse than it is now, at least for the time being.

The Weather Science Foundation also predicted, based on these various climate cycles, that our planet would turn much warmer and wetter by the early 2000s, resulting in general global prosperity. They also said that we would be seeing at this time widespread weather extremes. Theres little doubt that most of their early predictions came true.

Our recent decline in the Earths temperature may be a combination of both long-term and short-term climate cycles, decreased solar activity and the development of a strong long-lasting La Nina, the current cooler than normal sea-surface temperature event in the south-central Pacific Ocean. Sunspot activity in the past 18 months has decreased to the lowest levels since The Little Ice Age ended in the mid-to late 1800s. This "cool spell," though, may only be a brief interruption to the Earths overall warming trend. Only time will tell.

Based on these predictions, it appears that much warmer readings may be expected for Planet Earth, especially by the 2030s, that will eventually top 1998's global highest reading of 58.3 degrees. Its quite possible we could see an average temperature in the low 60s. Until then, this cooling period may last from just a few months to as long as several years, especially if sunspot activity remains very low.

We at Harris-Mann Climatology, www.LongRangeWeather.com, believe that our prolonged cycle of wide weather extremes, the worst in at least 1,000 years, will continue and perhaps become even more severe, especially by the mid 2010s. We should see more powerful storms, including major hurricanes and increasing deadly tornadoes. There will likewise be widespread flooding, crop-destroying droughts and freezes and violent weather of all types including ice storms, large-sized hail and torrential downpours.

We are already seeing on virtually every continent an almost Biblical weather scenario of increasing droughts and floods. In both the southwestern and southeastern corners of the U.S, there are severe water shortage problems associated with chronic long-term dryness. In some cases, the water deficits are the worst in at least 400 years.
post #2383 of 3039

post #2384 of 3039

Today, you'd have a hard time proving that this case true:

It's Official: Hottest Day Ever for Los Angeles

By Alex Sosnowski, Expert Senior Meteorologist
Sep 27, 2010; 10:25 AM ET

Quote:
Right out of the box Monday morning Los Angeles was on track for a record-setting day.

A flow of air from the deserts was setting the stage for the Los Angeles' hottest day ever recorded Monday in the downtown area.

According to Western Weather Expert Ken Clark, "The City of Angels had their hottest day in 20 years on Sunday with a high of 105 degrees."

Sunday was the hottest day downtown since the mercury climbed to 107 degrees on Oct. 10, 1991.

"The temperature Monday morning was running an amazing 15 degrees higher than Sunday at the same time," Clark stated as of 8:00 a.m. PDT.

At 11:00 a.m. PDT, downtown Los Angeles had eclipsed the old record of 106 degrees set in 1963 for the date and had matched the 107 degree-mark set in 1991.

The all-time record high of 112 degrees set on June 26, 1990 at the Civic Center was topped at 12:15 p.m. PDT Monday as the temperature reached 113 degrees.

post #2385 of 3039
So tell me, does weather = climate?

post #2386 of 3039
Quote:

Relax jg, just making comment about how hot it was in LA today--not serious about that this is indicative of global warming/cooling.

I don't know if this site was previously posed:

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/maps/
post #2387 of 3039

post #2388 of 3039
Video explodes skeptical kids in bloodbath

'Go green or we'll kill your kids' says Richard Curtis eco-propaganda shocker

I seem to recall reading something about the ancient Aztecs sacrificing (murdering) people believing it would affect the weather.

Extremist Anthropogenic Global Warming...I mean Climate Change...I mean Climate Disruption zealots are now starting to call for the same thing. How "progressive" of them.

post #2389 of 3039
Quote:

Video explodes skeptical kids in bloodbath

'Go green or we'll kill your kids' says Richard Curtis eco-propaganda shocker

I seem to recall reading something about the ancient Aztecs sacrificing (murdering) people believing it would affect the weather.

Extremist Anthropogenic Global Warming...I mean Climate Change...I mean Climate Disruption zealots are now starting to call for the same thing. How "progressive" of them.

The next thing you're going to say is that O B Laden is going to weigh in on the controversy----oh wait this just in:

Osama bin Laden concerned by climate change: Audiotape

Quote:
DUBAI - Osama bin Laden has expressed concern about global climate change and flooding in Pakistan, in an audiotape aired on the Internet, his first public remarks since March, a monitoring group said on Friday.

http://www.canada.com/news/Osama+Lad...055/story.html
post #2390 of 3039

post #2391 of 3039
Quote:

Fastest Arctic Freeze-Up On Record

Quote:

While climatic patterns may be cyclic, there does appear to be a disappearance of global ice ie glaciers, polar ice caps in the last century. Weather patterns have also appeared to be more extreme.
post #2392 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

While climatic patterns may be cyclic, there does appear to be a disappearance of global ice ie glaciers, polar ice caps in the last century. Weather patterns have also appeared to be more extreme.

Relax, FT.

Just sharing some observations that have been made. It's up to everyone to decide for themselves what they will believe.

Melting ice and extreme weather patterns are not new to this planet.

post #2393 of 3039
Quote:

Relax, FT.

Just sharing some observations that have been made. It's up to everyone to decide for themselves what they will believe.

Melting ice and extreme weather patterns are not new to this planet.

I am relaxed, just checking.
post #2394 of 3039
post #2395 of 3039
Quote:

So it is man made. Man can make glaciers disappear finally you are getting it. Took you a while.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2396 of 3039
Quote:

So it is man made. Man can make glaciers disappear finally you are getting it. Took you a while.

You missed the point. Extremist anthropogenic global warming zealots can no longer tell me that I am causing Kilimanjaro's ice to melt by using an incandescent light bulb in my desk lamp instead of a CFL.

post #2397 of 3039
Quote:

You missed the point. Extremist anthropogenic global warming zealots can no longer tell me that I am causing Kilimanjaro's ice to melt by using an incandescent light bulb in my desk lamp instead of a CFL.

What if the trees that were cut down were used to produce steam to power a generator to produce electricity to refine the tungsten filament that is used in your incandescent light bulb?

If you reduce the amount of energy that you consume, whether its by using less or becoming more efficient or you become more "green", there is less environmental impact in the long run. Whether you believe in Global Warming or not, it makes sense for using less energy and becoming more efficient use of energy.
post #2398 of 3039
Quote:

It must be hard to type with one foot in the mouth.

Human activity made a glacier disappear PERIOD. That's what you said.
I do not care if you want to pay a lot for a little light.

I now got LEDS because they really look frigging cool and last for years.

You do believe that if your are a good boy and don't play with your dick too much you will get to rule your own planet right? That's extreme. Extremely stupid.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2399 of 3039
Quote:

I can't read the whole thing because I don't have a subscription, but from what I could read they're saying that the effect of the deforestation explains why there is less snow than their otherwise would be given the rise in the temperature.

Oh and I think you need more than a green desk lamp!
http://climateprogress.org/2010/09/1...ng/#more-33025
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #2400 of 3039
Wait, are you telling me that Jazz misinterpeted a nuanced, qualifying statement as some sort of harsh rebuke against a thing he is predisposed against?

SHOCKING.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Climategate