or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Climategate

Climategate - Page 67

post #2641 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Reposting links, quotes, and comics with large colored text is fun, isn't it?

I guess you do not want to take this thread seriously, and that's what's not funny--your thread. While I may have reposted the Skeptic and the toon--it's because you have failed to add anything new to this thread. Your sources are as tiring as the toon is getting to be. But as long as you keep posting the same drivel, I guess the toon is still on point.

INSTEAD OF MORE OF THIS:

TRY THIS AS YOUR SOURCE:
Skeptic Arguments and What the Science Says

You might try this as a possible source for debunking AGW.

CLIMATEGATE BUSTERS--DEBUNKING AGW
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #2642 of 3039

No longer taking you seriously---seriously!!!!!

INSTEAD OF MORE OF THIS:

TRY THIS AS YOUR SOURCE:

You might try this as a possible source for debunking AGW.

CLIMATEGATE BUSTERS--DEBUNKING AGW
post #2643 of 3039
Quote:

How can that be? The earth is only 6,ooo years old!!!
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2644 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

How can that be? The earth is only 6,ooo years old!!!

Worm the problem is that people keep thinking in earth years and not in G_D years---there's a difference. And in 10 K to 20K years there's going to be another ice age so AGW is a myth.

post #2645 of 3039
Advancing the Science of Climate Change

Quote:
A strong, credible body of scientific evidence shows that climate change is occurring, is caused largely by human activities, and poses significant risks for a broad range of human and natural systems, concludes this panel report from the America's Climate Choices suite of studies. As decision makers respond to these risks, the nation's scientific enterprise can contribute both by continuing to improve understanding of the causes and consequences of climate change, and by improving and expanding the options available to limit the magnitude of climate change and adapt to its impacts....

Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change

Quote:
..The report concludes that a carbon pricing system (either cap-and-trade, taxes, or a combination of the two) is the most important step for providing needed incentives to reduce emissions. There is also a need, however, for complementary policies aimed at ensuring rapid progress to: increase energy efficiency; accelerate the development of renewable energy sources; advance full-scale demonstration of nuclear power and carbon capture and storage systems; and retrofit or replace existing emissions-intensive energy infrastructure. Research and development of new technologies that could help reduce emissions further in the long term also should be strongly supported...

Climate Stabilization Targets: Emissions, Concentrations, and Impacts over Decades to Millenia

Quote:
This new report from the National Research Council concludes that emissions of carbon dioxide from the burning of fossil fuels have ushered in a new epoch where human activities will largely determine the evolution of Earths climate. Because carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is long lived, it can effectively lock the Earth and future generations into a range of impacts, some of which could become very severe. Therefore, emissions reductions choices made today matter in determining impacts experienced not just over the next few decades, but in the coming centuries and millennia. Policy choices can be informed by recent advances in climate science that quantify the relationships between increases in carbon dioxide and global warming, related climate changes, and resulting impacts, such as changes in streamflow, wildfires, crop productivity, extreme hot summers, and sea level rise. The report quantifies several future impacts per degree (°C) of global warming. The report also demonstrates that emissions reductions larger than about 80%, relative to whatever peak global emissions rate may be reached, are required to approximately stabilize carbon dioxide concentrations for a century or so at any chosen target level.

More @ http://dels.nas.edu/basc/Climate/Rep...emies-Findings
post #2646 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

It's fun playing with straw men isn't it?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #2647 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Cost of those panels was more like $50k, the government just paid most of it.

Currently you get a 30% TAX CREDIT.
This is a tax break ... lower taxes ... you know ... you hate to pay taxes ....Taxed Enough Already ... ja?.... instead of paying taxes you can buy solar panels ... ja?
This only helps when you have to pay taxes in the first place, ja?
The government does not pay anything, ja ....? It just says: "You owe me less, bro/sis...!" Get it, ja?
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2648 of 3039
Quote:

This is a tax break ... lower taxes ... you know ... you hate to pay taxes ....Taxed Enough Already ... ja?.... instead of paying taxes you can buy solar panels ... ja?
The government does not pay anything, ja ....? It just says: "You owe me less, bro/sis...!" Get it, ja?

A friend of mine just looked into it - total cost to power his 2500 sq foot house was 50k, which turned into 15k after government subsidies. That is Colorado, though.

Finetunes - the PETM was caused by oceanic methane being released, if we warm the oceans enough it will happen again, but not anytime soon. CO2 warms the oceans, and once the oceans are warm at the edges of the continental plate where the methane is (hundreds of meters below the surface), it releases the methane and spikes the temperature up 10 degrees C, which kills all large animals. But that will happen much later, all the ice at the poles melts long before that happens.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #2649 of 3039
Grim outlook for grizzlies in Yellowstone region

Quote:
With milder winters affecting their food and hibernation habits, they're forced into a meat-dependent diet putting them at odds with humans and livestock. They could end up as despised as wolves.

A number of complex factors are believed to be working against grizzlies, including climate change. Milder winters have allowed bark beetles to decimate the white-bark pine, whose nuts are a critical food source for grizzlies. Meanwhile, there has been a slight seasonal shift for plants that grizzlies rely on when they prepare to hibernate and when they emerge in the spring, changing the creatures' denning habits.

The result, some biologists say, is that bears accustomed to feasting on berries and nuts in remote alpine areas are being pushed into a more meat-dependent diet that puts them on a collision course with the other dominant regional omnivore: humans.
post #2650 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

A friend of mine just looked into it - total cost to power his 2500 sq foot house was 50k, which turned into 15k after government subsidies. That is Colorado, though.

Obama only allows for a 30% FEDERAL GOV tax credit. Everything else would have to come from the state or the local provider.

Tell your friend to look at it this way:
current interest rates are low and investing into stocks is still very much a gamble. If you put 15K, (which will be more like 23k out of pocket but you will pay less tax next year) on your roof you can make up to 13% apr guaranteed. Indeed rising E prices will improve your return. This pretty much beats any other investment. And: after the panels have paid for themselves they will still produce energy for an unknown time period. The warranty is 25 years!
Also if you do sell your home and the buyer does not want solar you can take them with you or your home will sell much faster than a non solar home...
just some thoughts to consider.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2651 of 3039
Quote:

We all get it. The global warming claims are a gigantic wealth tranfer scheme from the poor to the rich. The mandates allow the rich to live as they always have and allow the poor to die and go away.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2652 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

We all get it. The global warming claims are a gigantic wealth tranfer scheme from the poor to the rich. The mandates allow the rich to live as they always have and allow the poor to die and go away.

Yes, that's why it's great to be rich in the USA. We can buy elections and call the "rich" party tea party, we get massive tax breaks while the looser schmos have to work their asses off just to be able to go to the dentist. I love it!
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2653 of 3039
Quote:

Quote:

Yes, that's why it's great to be rich in the USA. We can buy elections and call the "rich" party tea party, we get massive tax breaks while the looser schmos have to work their asses off just to be able to go to the dentist. I love it!

And with AGW the rich will be the only ones who will be able to keep their air conditioners on high. tm will still not answer questions until

but with genetic engineering who knows maybe pigs will fly sooner than we think.
post #2654 of 3039

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #2655 of 3039
post #2656 of 3039
Quote:

Actually this is the first time that you posted something worth a serious discussion.

Although "biofuels" might be considered solution to dependence upon fossil fuels, the full impacts of producing and using biofuels have not been fully studied. Some other considerations:

Biofuel Impacts on World Food Supply: Use of Fossil Fuel, Land and Water Resources
Quote:
The rapidly growing world population and rising consumption of biofuels are increasing demand for both food and biofuels. This exaggerates both food and fuel shortages. Using food crops such as corn grain to produce ethanol raises major nutritional and ethical concerns. Nearly 60% of humans in the world are currently malnourished, so the need for grains and other basic foods is critical. Growing crops for fuel squanders land, water and energy resources vital for the production of food for human consumption. Using corn for ethanol increases the price of U.S. beef, chicken, pork, eggs, breads, cereals, and milk more than 10% to 30%.

UN warns on impacts of biofuels
Quote:
A UN report warns that a hasty switch to biofuels could have major impacts on livelihoods and the environment.
Produced by a cross-agency body, UN Energy, the report says that biofuels can bring real benefits.
But there can be serious consequences if forests are razed for plantations, if food prices rise and if communities are excluded from ownership, it says.
And it concludes that biofuels are more effective when used for heat and power rather than in transport.

Impacts of Global Biofuel Boom Remain Murky
Quote:
The United Nations Environment Programme finds research into biofuels impacts on dead zones, biodiversity and a range of other environmental issues lacking.
A U.N. panel said today that biofuels' effects on air and water have not been sufficiently explored despite growing global production.

The U.N. Environment Programme's report concludes that so-called lifecycle assessments must go beyond calculating greenhouse gas emissions and consider how agricultural production of feedstocks affect the acidification and nutrient loading of waterways.
post #2657 of 3039
New energy: climate change and sustainability shape a new era

Quote:
A new energy revolution similar to shifts from wood to coal to oil is inevitable as climate change and oil scarcity drive a global search for sustainability in power production. But even the promise of renewable energy holds drawbacks.
post #2658 of 3039

post #2659 of 3039

post #2660 of 3039

post #2661 of 3039
post #2662 of 3039

This is not your blog.
post #2663 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

This is not your blog.

Probably the best thing is to ignore jg's post as unsupported drivel. You might get more from mine---maybe a laugh or two.
post #2664 of 3039

YOU MIGHT WANT TO RESPOND TO THESE BEFORE POSTING MORE---I REFUTED OR DEBUNKED YOURS---

Quote:

Jg, most of what you have posted before your trip and after have been challenged. You have not responded to the challenges by refuting the evidence that was provided to refute your postings. You have not tried to refute or challenge what I have posted. Rather than posting more material from the same old sites, try to explain what has been challenged and challenge or refute what I've posted. Here is some of what has gone unchallenged:

CO2

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...82#post1743082
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...97#post1743397
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...20#post1744020
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...67#post1744067

BIODIVERSITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...00#post1743400
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...43#post1744043
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...66#post1746666

OR GO TO THE SANDBOX

Quote:

"JG.... you weren't sharing the toys in the sandbox.
What do you have to say for yourself young man?"

Please note that trumptman and jazzguru are confined to the "sandbox" because their overuse of the term.

Quote:

Oh noes. Someone is getting upset because they think the public sand box belongs to them....Are you going to same I'm a poopy head until I give you back your public sandbox Sego?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Here lets play a game you guys play
Yes, yes I know! Here at the fantasyland sandbox only SDW and trumptman are right.

Quote:

Man, you really are stuck in the partisan sandbox. How sad.

Quote:

So in other words...
Sandbox!
Same old stuff

Quote:

But you'd have to actually look outside the partisan sandbox to understand that.

Quote:

It appears you're playing in your oft-mentioned sandbox with the rest of us. Just an observation.

Quote:

Please make sure to play in the shallow sandbox.
It is understood that you need to hire funnier writers.

Quote:

Here's your sand pail and shovel. I'm sure the other kids in the sandbox will have reasoning on a similarly high level as no...no...no.Nick

Quote:

Let me save jimmac the trouble. Sandbox!
post #2665 of 3039
Why don't you just ignore my "unsupported drivel"?

post #2666 of 3039
Quote:

Why don't you just ignore my "unsupported drivel"?

Why??
post #2667 of 3039
post #2668 of 3039
I like you FineTunes.
post #2669 of 3039
FineTunes, this is not your blog.

post #2670 of 3039
Quote:

jg, you missed this on C3 headlines"

Experts Now Concur: IPCC Climate Models Fail Miserably At Predicting Cloud Formation & Coverage

Using one of jg's reference links, C3 Headlines, I used one of the articles to illustrate one of the techniques that they employ to cast doubt that AGW is real. They pull a quote from an article and point to the fact that the IPCC models are faulty and therefore AGW isn't happening.

Experts Now Concur: IPCC Climate Models Fail Miserably At Predicting Cloud Formation & Coverage

Quote:
Read here and here. IPCC climate models and those of major countries are designed to fail with significant predictability. Why?

Besides all climate models being purposefully designed to focus on human CO2 emissions as the cause of global warming, none of the climate models are able to simulate cloud impact and cloud coverage correctly (or even with a modicum of accuracy). Clouds are beyond even the most powerful computers and virtual simulations, which means the climate models will always produce incorrect results moving forward. As a prominent scientist from the U.S. National Center for Atmospheric Research recently stated:

Quote:
"The scientific community is uncertain about how the effects of clouds will change in the future."

The article that C3 Headlines is referring to in theirs:

Clouds Play X-Factor in Global Warming

Quote:
It is a little-known but significant fact that about 70 percent of the Earth's surface is covered by clouds at any given time. But not all clouds are the same; different types of clouds affect the Earth's climate differently. While some types of clouds help to warm the Earth, others help to cool it.

Currently, all of the Earth's clouds together exert a net cooling effect on our planet. But the large and opposing influences of clouds on the Earth's climate begs the question: What will be the net effect of all of the Earth's clouds on climate as the Earth continues to warm in the future? Will clouds accelerate warming or help offset, or dull, warming? Right now,
Quote:
"The scientific community is uncertain about how the effects of clouds will change in the future," says Hugh Morrison, a scientist at NCAR in Boulder, Colo.

That's why, in 1997, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) described clouds as "the largest source of uncertainty" in predictions of climate change. To reduce this uncertainty and improve predictions of climate change/global warming, scientists are now working to better understand the relationships between clouds and climate......

Most scientists doubt that the net cooling effect of clouds will ever be large enough to completely offset ongoing warming. But many scientists say that if warming were to increase the number or kind of cooling clouds or decrease the presence of warming clouds, the current net cooling effect of clouds on the Earth's climate would probably increase, and thereby moderate, or offset, ongoing warming.

If warming were to continue, the net cooling effect of clouds would increase and, in a negative feedback loop, perpetuate the moderating force on ongoing warming provided by clouds. The result: The Earth's end-of-the-century temperature may be pulled down toward the lower end of its predicted range.

But, if on the other hand, warming were to increase the number or kind of warming clouds or decrease the presence of cooling clouds, scientists say the current net cooling effect of clouds on the Earth's climate would probably decrease; and an important moderating force on ongoing warming would thereby diminish. The result: The Earth's end-of-the-century temperature may be pushed up towards the upper end of its predicted range.

This resulting rise in temperature would, in a positive feedback loop, tend to promote the formation of even more warming clouds or further reduce the presence of cooling clouds. Either way, temperatures would rise even higher. This temperature increase would tend to further increase the presence of warming clouds or decrease the presence of cooling clouds, and thereby perpetuate the warming cycle.

If you take the time and refer to the original article, you will find that C3 often takes things out of context or misquotes without referring to the conclusion of the article itself. I have done this in previous post of jg to refute his/her posts.

Like it or not, this is a science thread. If you want to refute AGW, then present scientific evidence to the contrary. Don't keep using the same old blogs that aren't based on any science at all. If you want to continue to post from blog links, you will find that people will stop reading anything you post here, and maybe its time to close this link.
post #2671 of 3039
Quote:

FineTunes, this is not your blog.

OMG are saying this thread is a BLOG??????

MUMBO JUMBO IS RIGHT THEN--MJ BELIEVES THAT THIS IS A BLOG---YOU BOTH CAN AGREE ON SOMETHING
post #2672 of 3039
I'm not posting links to relevant information in here for you. You've already made up your mind.

post #2673 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

I like you FineTunes.

Thanks, I needed that.

I noticed that jg will make comments on other threads, but when it comes to science, jg just posts links to denier blogs. Once jg did post something interesting on biofuels--maybe a topic for another thread?

post #2674 of 3039
Quote:

I'm not posting links to relevant information in here for you. You've already made up your mind.

The problem is that the information you are posting is not relevant nor is it fact.

The Mock Turtle from AIW
Quote:
What is the use of repeating all that stuff, if you don't explain it as you go on? It's by far the most confusing thing I ever heard!

post #2675 of 3039
Quote:

The problem is that the information you are posting is not relevant nor is it fact.

The problem is that you are not interested in science.

post #2676 of 3039

post #2677 of 3039

post #2678 of 3039
Quote:

The problem is that you are not interested in science.

OMG---jg is dialoguing. Actually I'm interested in science. I used SCIENCE to refute your bloggers. You have yet to respond to the links I provided to show that there is strong SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE based upon SCIENCE and FACTS that the crap you posted is bogus---where's your SCIENCE?

post #2679 of 3039
Quote:

INSTEAD OF MORE OF THIS:

TRY THIS AS YOUR SOURCE:

SCIENCE PLEASE
post #2680 of 3039
Those who are interested in science do not feel the need to refute anything.

They let the facts speak for themselves.

Thus far, all the facts I've seen lead me to one conclusion: the science of climate change and to what extent humans are impacting it is NOT SETTLED.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Climategate