or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Climategate

Climategate - Page 76

post #3001 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I think he doesn't know how.

All you guys have is ad-homs. Lame.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #3002 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I would happily use alternative fuels and electric cars if they were cheap, efficient, safe, and stable.

To deal with GW you have to treat it before it kills you. That means a structured path to recovery. Without that, it's massive climate change.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #3003 of 3039
Quote:

All you guys have is ad-homs. Lame.

Religious people often ignore science. All too often it's a threat to them. It shows with you, and make no mistake, I value spirituality above all. But this game of attacking and ignoring science is common amongst the religious.
post #3004 of 3039
Quote:

To deal with GW you have to treat it before it kills you. That means a structured path to recovery. Without that, it's massive climate change.

Is it "global warming" or is it "climate change"? Make up your mind!

The "scientists" at the heart of the "global warming", er "climate change" movement have been exposed for the political activist phonies they are.

You'll have to find some other cause to latch onto that promotes authoritarianism and global government.

post #3005 of 3039
Quote:

Religious people often ignore science. All too often it's a threat to them. It shows with you, and make no mistake, I value spirituality above all. But this game of attacking and ignoring science is common amongst the religious.

There is no science to attack. It's not science. It's been exposed as political activism. Get with the times, man!

post #3006 of 3039
Quote:

Is it "global warming" or is it "climate change"? Make up your mind!

The "scientists" at the heart of the "global warming", er "climate change" movement have been exposed for the political activist phonies they are.

You'll have to find some other cause to latch onto that promotes authoritarianism and global government.

I wouldn't be surprised if you never watched this the first time I posted it here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqMun...el_video_title

Personally I would never let my politics or spiritual beliefs get in the way of my scientific knowledge. I would see that a terrible weakness.
post #3007 of 3039
How gullible you are, Jazz. Figures. You believe as gospel the words of a convicted conman.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #3008 of 3039
http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...096055,00.html

The parallel to the tobacco cancer deniers is pretty interesting.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #3009 of 3039
It doesn't matter what I believe as long as I don't harm anyone else or infringe upon their rights.

post #3010 of 3039
Georgia ethanol plant sold, at taxpayers' loss

Another $65 million in wasted tax money. But it's easy to just shrug and say "oh well" when it's other people's money taken from them under threat of violence.

Seriously, it would have been better for the environment to just burn 65 million $1 bills in a huge bonfire.

post #3011 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...096055,00.html

The parallel to the tobacco cancer deniers is pretty interesting.

It's not interesting because it doesn't exist except in your fantasy world. There is clear evidence that tobacco causes cancer, especially in cigarettes. That is not the case with global warming.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #3012 of 3039
Quote:

It doesn't matter what I believe as long as I don't harm anyone else or infringe upon their rights.

That's true, but usually believers don't understand when their beliefs actually DO harm others.
post #3013 of 3039
Quote:

Georgia ethanol plant sold, at taxpayers' loss

Another $65 million in wasted tax money. But it's easy to just shrug and say "oh well" when it's other people's money taken from them under threat of violence.

Seriously, it would have been better for the environment to just burn 65 million $1 bills in a huge bonfire.

Ethanol is a huge scam anyway.
post #3014 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

That's true, but usually believers don't understand when their beliefs actually DO harm others.

Please tell us under what circumstances someone's beliefs or thoughts (not actions, just what is rattling around between their ears) infringe upon the rights of others.

post #3015 of 3039
Quote:

Ethanol is a huge scam anyway.

A huge scam supported by.....?

Hmmm. I'm sure that's just a coincidence.
post #3016 of 3039
Quote:

Please tell us under what circumstances someone's beliefs or thoughts (not actions, just what is rattling around between their ears) infringe upon the rights of others.

When they vote (according to their beliefs), for one. Technically, yes, that's an action. But it's not an action you wouldn't support, right?
post #3017 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

A huge scam supported by.....?

Republicans who have a vested interest in sending money to farmers, for one. What states benefit from Ethanol subsidies? What party do those states vote for? What are the voting records of those elected officials of that party with regard to Ethanol?
Quote:
Hmmm. I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Of course it's not.
post #3018 of 3039
Quote:

When they vote (according to their beliefs), for one. Technically, yes, that's an action. But it's not an action you wouldn't support, right?

You raise an excellent question. Is it okay for 51% of the people to vote to use government to force the other 49% to live a certain way? No, it is not.

But that is the system we have. And if you don't vote, you let those who do vote impose their will upon you using violent government.

I vote for candidates and policies that aim to reduce government, to restrain it and keep it from being able to infringe upon our rights. If government did not have the power to infringe upon your rights to life, liberty and property without due process as our Constitution expressly states, those who want to impose their will upon the rest of us could not use government for their purposes as they are now.

That said, it's becoming apparent that voting on a national level is pointless, as the winners have already been picked by the establishment and are all but guaranteed victory.

post #3019 of 3039
Quote:

Republicans who have a vested interest in sending money to farmers, for one. What states benefit from Ethanol subsidies? What party do those states vote for? What are the voting records of those elected officials of that party with regard to Ethanol?

Of course it's not.

Hmm..it's not like there is a Democratic Farm and Labor subset of the Democratic party, or that that Al Gore was a huge champion of Ethanol or anything. You're right...it was all Republicans.
post #3020 of 3039
Quote:

You raise an excellent question. Is it okay for 51% of the people to vote to use government to force the other 49% to live a certain way? No, it is not.

Ah, so you are for the legalization of all drugs and marriage equality for all, including same-sex couples and polygamists. You also are for the legalization of prostitution.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #3021 of 3039
Quote:

Ah, so you are for the legalization of all drugs and marriage equality for all, including same-sex couples and polygamists. You also are for the legalization of prostitution.

Anyone else notice how BR wanders into thread after thread and makes all manner of accusation about the posters, their beliefs and their supposed intentions.

Hello, this is a discussion about climate...... DO YOU ENDORSE MARRIAGE FOR POLYGAMISTS?!?!

It is sort of sadly desperate.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #3022 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Anyone else notice how BR wanders into thread after thread and makes all manner of accusation about the posters, their beliefs and their supposed intentions.

Hello, this is a discussion about climate...... DO YOU ENDORSE MARRIAGE FOR POLYGAMISTS?!?!

It is sort of sadly desperate.

I wonder if he's noticed I've been ignoring him.

post #3023 of 3039
Quote:

I wonder if he's noticed I've been ignoring him.

I wonder if Trumpet has noticed he's been on my ignore list for months.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #3024 of 3039
Quote:

I wonder if Trumpet has noticed he's been on my ignore list for months.

You mean the off-topic cartoons, ad-homs, questions related to caricatured intentions, ranting, accusations and authoritarian demands haven't been aimed at my posts for a while?

Are they ever aimed at anything? You don't read, you rant. You don't have a conversation, you have demands and a list of accusations and rants associated with anyone who doesn't yield to them. It's a pleasure to be ignored by such a person, I assure you. It makes my time around here much, much more pleasant.

post #3025 of 3039
World's Best Ocean Scientists Confirm Skeptics Correct: Ocean Acidification Hysteria Is Unwarranted

Quote:
New empirical research determines that extreme variation in pH levels of sea waters occurs naturally and frequently. The extremes are so great that marine life is often exposed to "acidified" waters without being threatened in the course of daily life.

Human CO2 emissions are not causing the extreme pH ranges currently existing in sea waters.

The peer-reviewed research by Hofman et al completely vindicates the skeptics' position of ocean acidification and thoroughly exposes the common alarmist position - hysterical leftist / liberal / progressive anti-science that is never able to withstand the scrutiny of scientific empirical research.

"The authors draw two conclusions: (1) most non-open ocean sites vary a lot, and (2) and some spots vary so much they reach the “extreme” pH’s forecast for the doomsday future scenarios on a daily (a daily!) basis."..."Here, we present a compilation of continuous, high-resolution time series of upper ocean pH, collected using autonomous sensors, over a variety of ecosystems ranging from polar to tropical, open-ocean to coastal, kelp forest to coral reef. These observations reveal a continuum of month-long pH variability with standard deviations from 0.004 to 0.277 and ranges spanning 0.024 to 1.430 pH units. The nature of the observed variability was also highly site-dependent, with characteristic diel, semi-diurnal, and stochastic patterns of varying amplitudes. These biome-specific pH signatures disclose current levels of exposure to both high and low dissolved CO2, often demonstrating that resident organisms are already experiencing pH regimes that are not predicted until 2100." [Gretchen E. Hofmann, Jennifer E. Smith, Kenneth S. Johnson, Uwe Send, Lisa A. Levin, Fiorenza Micheli, Adina Paytan, Nichole N. Price, Brittany Peterson, Yuichiro Takeshita, Paul G. Matson, Elizabeth Derse Crook, Kristy J. Kroeker, Maria Cristina Gambi, Emily B. Rivest, Christina A. Frieder, Pauline C. Yu, Todd R. Martz 2011: Plos One]

post #3026 of 3039
Trying to track that to the source and trying to find some UNBIASED INTERPRETATION and failing here. I see one denier site claiming the study negates the mountains of evidence that exist for the impact of global climate change linking to a second denialist site that makes similar claims more verbosely. I would like to see some actual scientists who know what the fuck they are talking about discuss the paper for its merits and its ramifications--not jackasses with denialist agendas.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #3027 of 3039
Quote:

Trying to track that to the source and trying to find some UNBIASED INTERPRETATION and failing here. I see one denier site claiming the study negates the mountains of evidence that exist for the impact of global climate change linking to a second denialist site that makes similar claims more verbosely. I would like to see some actual scientists who know what the fuck they are talking about discuss the paper for its merits and its ramifications--not jackasses with denialist agendas.

Did you read the paper itself?
post #3028 of 3039
Slam meet Dunk-

"Moving to a tougher Europe-wide target on greenhouse gas emissions would present the UK with little problem, contrary to what some business lobbyists and thinktanks have been alleging, according to a new analysis of the goals seen by the Guardian.

The report concludes that if the EU were to set higher emissions-cutting goals now, by increasing its current target of a 20% cut by 2020 to a 25% or a 30% cut, it would save money in the medium and long term. The saving in fuel costs alone from a 25% cut would be 20bn a year."
~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...ns-cut-cheaper
post #3029 of 3039

post #3030 of 3039
Hahaha stupid comic that reinforces my stupid unscientific position. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #3031 of 3039
"Zombie" Fly Parasite Killing Honeybees (not "global warming")

Quote:
The team found evidence of the fly in 77 percent of the hives they sampled in the Bay Area of California, as well as in some hives in the state’s agricultural Central Valley and in South Dakota. Previous research has found evidence that mites, a virus, a fungus, or a combination of these factors might be responsible for the widespread colony collapse. (Read more about colony collapse disorder in our feature “Solving the Mystery of the Vanishing Bees.”) And with the discovery that this parasitic fly has been quietly killing bees in at least three areas, it might join the list of possible forces behind colony collapse disorder.

post #3032 of 3039
We live in strange times. Especially when zombies can be the rational, scientific explanation.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #3033 of 3039
Not that you give a shit about facts...but here's some from Phil Plait.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/ba...ear-on-record/

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #3034 of 3039
Quote:

Not that you give a shit about facts...but here's some from Phil Plait.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/ba...ear-on-record/

Oh look, another graph that tells us nothing. What you and the rest of the AGW whack-a-doos don't understand is that nothing suggests a .6-.8 variance in GAT over 100 years is abnormal.

Secondly, do you honestly believe that in 1880 we could calculate GAT to within .1? Of course not. There is no way temperature records from that time can be that accurate. We even have trouble calculating accurate GAT today.

That graph is convincing to many people, which is exactly what it's intended to do. But change temperature scale to whole degrees or extend it over a couple thousand years, and it looks flat. That doesn't matter to you though, because you still think short-term weather patterns mean something for the long-term climate picture. You also think the Earth will explode if the temperature goes up a single degree on average.

Fuckin A.
post #3035 of 3039
Durbin: Buy hybrids or die.

This freakin guy.
post #3036 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Oh look, another graph that tells us nothing. What you and the rest of the AGW whack-a-doos don't understand is that nothing suggests a .6-.8 variance in GAT over 100 years is abnormal.

Secondly, do you honestly believe that in 1880 we could calculate GAT to within .1? Of course not. There is no way temperature records from that time can be that accurate. We even have trouble calculating accurate GAT today.

That graph is convincing to many people, which is exactly what it's intended to do. But change temperature scale to whole degrees or extend it over a couple thousand years, and it looks flat. That doesn't matter to you though, because you still think short-term weather patterns mean something for the long-term climate picture. You also think the Earth will explode if the temperature goes up a single degree on average.

Fuckin A.

One thing I notice about a lot of the data for global warming is that the error bars have been left off.
post #3037 of 3039
'If you don't believe in climate change you must be sick': Oregon professor likens skepticism to racism:

Quote:
The professor, who holds a B.S. in biology and a master's and PhD in sociology, argued that ‘cultural resistance’ to accepting humans as being responsible for climate change ‘must be recognised and treated’ as an aberrant sociological behaviour.

Resolving skepticism about climate change alarmists, she added, is a challenge equitable to overcoming ‘racism or slavery in the U.S. South’.

Perhaps some forcibly administered "vaccine" against this skepticism is in order...or maybe some re-education camps...or just shoot them if they won't get with the program.

More good stuff:

Quote:
The scientists behind the event recently put out a statement calling for humans to be packed into denser cities so that the rest of the planet can be surrendered to mother nature.

And fellow attendee Yale University professor Karen Seto told MSNBC: ‘We certainly don’t want them (humans) strolling about the entire countryside. We want them to save land for nature by living closely [together].’

Even more efficient would be barracks at detainment camps.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #3038 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Even more efficient would be barracks at detainment camps.

Or they could just cull the herd.

post #3039 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

'If you don't believe in climate change you must be sick': Oregon professor likens skepticism to racism:

Perhaps some forcibly administered "vaccine" against this skepticism is in order...or maybe some re-education camps...or just shoot them if they won't get with the program.

That would be a good conversation with my doctor during a checkup. "Do you believe in AGW" "I'm unsure of some of the data. Also as a realist I don't see that we could stop it anyway" "I'm going to recommend a psychological consult"
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Climategate