Originally Posted by tonton
When they vote (according to their beliefs), for one. Technically, yes, that's an action. But it's not an action you wouldn't support, right?
You raise an excellent question. Is it okay for 51% of the people to vote to use government to force the other 49% to live a certain way? No, it is not.
But that is the system we have. And if you don't vote, you let those who do vote impose their will upon you using violent government.
I vote for candidates and policies that aim to reduce government, to restrain it and keep it from being able to infringe upon our rights. If government did not have the power to infringe upon your rights to life, liberty and property without due process as our Constitution expressly states, those who want to impose their will upon the rest of us could not use government for their purposes as they are now.
That said, it's becoming apparent that voting on a national level is pointless, as the winners have already been picked by the establishment and are all but guaranteed victory.