or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Climategate
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Climategate - Page 11

post #401 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Say there was an official investigation launched into...oh I don't know...the intelligence reports that spurred Bush's call for the invasion of Iraq.

Say Bush and all those involved issued a statement saying something to the efffect:

"We had incontrovertible proof that Saddam had WMD's and intended to use them to attack the U.S. and its allies or provide them to Al Qaeda to attack the U.S. and its allies. We have since destroyed all the information that led us to call for the invasion of Iraq, but 95% of it is still available, as the sources from which we obtained it certainly still have it. However, it cannot be released. But trust us. It's there."

Would you take them at their word?

Hypothetical and unrelated to the subject de jour.

All the data exists, we've already gone over this thoroughly, on previous pages in this very same thread.

You need to reread this thread.

Broken record again? You betcha.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #402 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Hypothetical and unrelated to the subject de jour.

All the data exists, we've already gone over this thoroughly, on previous pages in this very same thread.

You need to reread this thread.

Broken record again? You betcha.

No content. No comment.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #403 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Let's see if you can Wikipedia your way out of this one, franksargent:

NY Times: E-Mail Fracas Shows Peril of Trying to Spin Science

Here's an excerpt:

Quote:
Tierney identifies himself as a libertarian, and has become increasingly identified with the libertarianism.

Thought so.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #404 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post

your link seems to indicate that THEY (unlike you) think it's a serious matter.

here's what the link says.

CRU Update 1 December
Professor Phil Jones has today announced that he will stand aside as Director of the Climatic Research Unit until the completion of an independent Review resulting from allegations following the hacking and publication of emails from the Unit.

The whole link? Oh, that doesn't seem to suit you for some odd reason.

Quote:
CRU Update 1 December

Professor Phil Jones has today announced that he will stand aside as Director of the Climatic Research Unit until the completion of an independent Review resulting from allegations following the hacking and publication of emails from the Unit.

Professor Jones said: "What is most important is that CRU continues its world leading research with as little interruption and diversion as possible. After a good deal of consideration I have decided that the best way to achieve this is by stepping aside from the Director's role during the course of the independent review and am grateful to the University for agreeing to this. The Review process will have my full support."

Vice-Chancellor Professor Edward Acton said: "I have accepted Professor Jones's offer to stand aside during this period. It is an important step to ensure that CRU can continue to operate normally and the independent review can conduct its work into the allegations.

We will announce details of the Independent Review, including its terms of reference, timescale and the chair, within days. I am delighted that Professor Peter Liss, FRS, CBE, will become acting director.

[CENTER]CLIMATE SCIENCE LIVES ON![/CENTER]
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #405 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Thought so.

Straight from Wikipedia again.

Are you capable of independent thought?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #406 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

No content. No comment.


So you've got nothing to say.

[CENTER]TYVM![/CENTER]
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #407 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Straight from Wikipedia again.

Are you capable of independent thought?

Are you capable of critical thinking skills, because from this end they do appear to be missing entirely from everything you've posted so far.

Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #408 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

So you've got nothing to say.

[CENTER]TYVM![/CENTER]

Yep, that must be what it means every time you post the same thing.

Oh, this is fun.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #409 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

No, I don't care to hear your pompous opinions about what is going on with "climate change". I know you think they are one and the same, but I don't believe that to be true.

Nice personal attack there.

It's your style of writing, you can't help it.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #410 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Yep, that must be what it means every time you post the same thing.

Oh, this is fun.

[CENTER]Ball is a liar![/CENTER]
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #411 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Are you capable of critical thinking skills, because from this end they do appear to be missing entirely from everything you've posted so far.

YOU are asking ME if I am capable of critical thinking skills?

\











You, who so readily dismiss content written by anyone who, according to Wikipedia, does not conform to your own political, scientific, ideological, et al. views so you don't have to address the content itself?

Oh, the irony.

Wikipedia says he's a libertarian, so I don't have to address anything he says.

Critical thinking? I don't think so.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #412 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

[CENTER]Ball is a liar![/CENTER]

Did the article I linked to contain any lies?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #413 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by involuntary_serf View Post

NYT...fucking right wing blog-o-smear rag!


For the extreme right wingnutians to post something from the NYT must mean something.

What I don't exactly know.

But next time you call out the NYT for it's liberal bias ...
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #414 of 3039
Wherein franksargent tries to win by simply exhausting his opponents through endless spam and smug dismissals.
post #415 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

For the extreme right wingnutians to post something from the NYT must mean something.

What I don't exactly know.

But next time you call out the NYT for it's liberal bias ...

AHA! A documented confession that franksargent does not, in fact, know everything about everything.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #416 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Did the article I linked to contain any lies?

As a matter of fact, yes the whole conspiracy theory tinfoil hat theory is a total crock.

A fairy tale, you'd need to do the fact checking, as this person is a well known liar, nothing he says can be trusted as factual, other then the obvious meeting of people who are engaged in the climate sciences.

Court documents don't lie.

Sorry there Bucko.

Someone of lesser intellect than I, Bell is obviously rather stupid, as anyone else should know just by reading his trash talking ways.

D'oh! Hit me with a dumb stick.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #417 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

AHA! A documented confession that franksargent does not, in fact, know everything about everything.


I'm a polymath with a photographic memory, I'm guessing my IQ is 2X.

That is all.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #418 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

It's your style of writing, you can't help it.

Main Entry: pomp·ous
Pronunciation: \\ˈpäm-pəs\\
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century

1 : excessively elevated or ornate <pompous rhetoric>
2 : having or exhibiting self-importance : arrogant <a pompous politician>
3 : relating to or suggestive of pomp : magnificent

Do you deny it? The opinions you post are pompous. It was not intended as a personal attack but as a description of the opinions you are posting. You however are saying that I am naive. If you view it as a personal attack I will withdraw it, I doubt you would be willing to do the same.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #419 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by involuntary_serf View Post

Wherein franksargent tries to win by simply exhausting his opponents through endless spam and smug dismissals.

Not exactly endless spam and smug dismissals.

Go back and reread this thread in it's entirety, then anyone will see that right wingnutians are the real spammers with old and tired and dusted off dismissals.

Same as it ever was.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #420 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Not exactly endless spam and smug dismissals.

No, exactly like that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Same as it ever was.

You got dat right, but not in the way you think.
post #421 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Main Entry: pomp·ous
Pronunciation: \\ˈpäm-pəs\\
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century

1 : excessively elevated or ornate <pompous rhetoric>
2 : having or exhibiting self-importance : arrogant <a pompous politician>
3 : relating to or suggestive of pomp : magnificent

Do you deny it? The opinions you post are pompous. It was not intended as a personal attack but as a description of the opinions you are posting. You however are saying that I am naive. If you view it as a personal attack I will withdraw it, I doubt you would be willing to do the same.

Deny what?

Your characterisation of someone else on these here internets?

It's your characterisation after all, not mine.

D'oh! Hit me with a dumb stick.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #422 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Not exactly endless spam and smug dismissals.

Go back and reread this thread in it's entirety, then anyone will see that right wingnutians are the real spammers with old and tired and dusted off dismissals.

Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

Hand wave and dismissal while saying you do not... \
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #423 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by involuntary_serf View Post

No, exactly like that.
You got dat right, but not in the way you think.

Does it matter what you think?

No, it does not.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #424 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Deny what?

Your characterisation of someone else on these here internets?

It's your characterisation after all, not mine.

D'oh! Hit me with a dumb stick.

Thank you for your hand wave and dismissal.

Same as it ever was.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #425 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Same as it ever was.

Hand wave and dismissal while saying you do not... \

Your mother wears combat boots.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #426 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Does it matter what you think?

No, it does not.

Hand wave, Dismissal.

Same as it ever was...
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #427 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Your mother wears combat boots.

Only when she is out of doors!!!
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #428 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Thank you for your hand wave and dismissal.

Same as it ever was.

D'oh! Hit me again with your dumb stick.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #429 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

D'oh! Hit me again with your dumb stick.

Again with the personal attacks? How long can this go on!?!?

My dumb stick....
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #430 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

YOU are asking ME if I am capable of critical thinking skills?You, who so readily dismiss content written by anyone who, according to Wikipedia, does not conform to your own political, scientific, ideological, et al. views so you don't have to address the content itself?Oh, the irony.Wikipedia says he's a libertarian, so I don't have to address anything he says.Critical thinking?I don't think so.

No content. No context. No comment.

Exit stage ...

[CENTER]LEFT![/CENTER]
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #431 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

As a matter of fact, yes the whole conspiracy theory tinfoil hat theory is a total crock.

A fairy tail, you'd need to do the fact checking, as this person is a well known liar, nothing he says can be trusted.

Court documents don't lie.

Sorry there Bucko.

Someone of lesser intellect than I, Bell is obviously rather stupid, as anyone else should know just by reading his trash talking ways.

D'oh! Hit me with a dumb stick.

You are on a roll! Keep it up.

You remind me so much of Vizzini from the movie "The Princess Bride" in a perpetual "battle of wits". Do you mind if I call you Vizzini from now on?

===============================================

Man in Black: You're that smart?

Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?

Man in Black: Yes.

Vizzini: Morons.

Man in Black: Really. In that case, I challenge you to a battle of wits.

Vizzini: For the Princess?

Man in Black: [nods]

Vizzini: To the death?

Man in Black: [nods]

Vizzini: I accept!

Man in Black: Good. Then pour the wine. [Pulls out a small vial, and uncorks it] Inhale this, but do not touch.

Vizzini: I smell nothing.

Man in Black: What you do not smell is called Iocane powder. It is odorless, tasteless, dissolves instantly in liquid, and is among the more deadly poisons known to man.

Vizzini: Hmmmm.

Man in Black: [Takes both goblets and turns away from Vizzini so he can not see to which cup he adds the poison] All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right...and who is dead.

Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You've made your decision then?

Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Vizzini: Wait 'til I get going! Where was I?

Man in Black: Australia.

Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You're just stalling now.

Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.

Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!

Man in Black: Then make your choice.

Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?

Vizzini: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]

Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.

Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter.First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.

Man in Black, Vizzini: [Vizzini and the Man in Black drink ]

Man in Black: You guessed wrong.

Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the right out of camera dead]

Buttercup: And to think, all that time it was your cup that was poisoned.

Man in Black: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #432 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

No content. No context. No comment.

Exit stage ...

[CENTER]LEFT![/CENTER]

What, no quote from Wikipedia?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #433 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

No content. No context. No comment.

Exit stage ...

[CENTER]LEFT![/CENTER]

Hand wave, Dismissal.

Same as it ever was...
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #434 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Universities take action on Climategate

CRU not the only ones under investigation, it seems.

AGW's Humpty-Dumpty is on the verge of a great fall.

All the king's horses and all the king's men
Won't be fooling us about climate change again.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #435 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Universities take action on Climategate

CRU not the only ones under investigation, it seems.

AGW's Humpty-Dumpty is on the verge of a great fall.

All the king's horses and all the king's men
Won't be fooling us about climate change again.

Right.

Shall we go through these hacked emails one by one to find the evidence that proves that anthropogenic climate change isn't real?

I'm really, truly game. Come on.

Anthropogenic climate change is a fact. These emails don't contradict the colossal amount of evidence from dozens of independent sources and disciplines that it is real.

Even so, this is your thread, and you seem to be invested in the idea that man-made climate change isn't actually happening, so let's discuss the emails one by one until you're forced to agree they don't change a thing.

How's that? It's your thread. Come on.
post #436 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Right.

Shall we go through these hacked emails one by one to find the evidence that proves that anthropogenic climate change isn't real?

I'm really, truly game. Come on.

Anthropogenic climate change is a fact. These emails don't contradict the colossal amount of evidence from dozens of independent sources and disciplines that it is real.

Even so, this is your thread, and you seem to be invested in the idea that man-made climate change isn't actually happening, so let's discuss the emails one by one until you're forced to agree they don't change a thing.

How's that? It's your thread. Come on.

No, thanks. Your intentions are clear and I will not waste my time.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #437 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Climategate: Caught Green-Handed!

Excellent read by Lord Christopher Monckton. It's a 43 page PDF with footnotes, references, and essential readings. Good stuff.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #438 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

No, thanks. Your intentions are clear and I will not waste my time.

Of course my intentions are clear.

You have started a thread called 'Climategate' and you insist that:

Quote:
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Won't be fooling us about climate change again.

I would like to use the subject of your thread, the hacked emails, to show you that this is a mistake.

I absolutely cannot force you to discuss the subject of the thread you started in the thread you started.

If you think that your argument's so weak that it doesn't stand discussion, you shouldn't have started the thread. If you don't have the courage to discuss the subject of your thread in the thread you started, you don't get to make statements like

Quote:
AGW's Humpty-Dumpty is on the verge of a great fall.

What is the point of starting the thread, and making statements like this, if you're not actually going to discuss it?

I'm a pain in the arse. But at least I'm principled.
post #439 of 3039
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Of course my intentions are clear.

You have started a thread called 'Climategate' and you insist that:



I would like to use the subject of your thread, the hacked emails, to show you that this is a mistake.

I absolutely cannot force you to discuss the subject of the thread you started in the thread you started.

If you think that your argument is so weak it doesn't stand argument you shouldn't have started the thread. If you don't have the courage to discuss the subject of your thread in the thread you started, you don't get to make statements like



What is the point of starting the thread, and making statements like this, if you're not actually going to discuss it?

I'm a pain in the arse. But at least I'm principled.

Allow me to clarify for you.

Since you are not mentioning any e-mails in particular, your intention - as I understand it - is to explain away, make excuses for, or dismiss every e-mail I specifically mention, just as you did the first one I cited.

Therefore, it is a waste of my time to engage in such discussion with you.

But the issue at hand is not limited to the content of the e-mails and documents themselves. The investigation underway will (hopefully) be broader in scope and take a look at the actual raw data, research, etc. referred to in the e-mails and look for any instances of wrong-doing on the part of the "scientists".

I am posting information regarding the hacked e-mails/docs and the repercussions of them coming to light. Quite relevant to my original post, I believe.

If you wish to keep repeating the mantra of "the science is solid", "mountains of evidence", and "we're all gonna die unless we do something" ad nauseum, by all means do so.

Also, trying to lure me into a debate/discussion with petty taunts, such as "if you think that your argument is so weak it doesn't stand argument you shouldn't have started the thread" is pretty lame.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #440 of 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Allow me to clarify for you.

Since you are not mentioning any e-mails in particular, your intention - as I understand it - is to explain away, make excuses for, or dismiss every e-mail I specifically mention, just as you did the first one I cited.

YES. Yes, exactly.. I can explain away, make excuses for and dismiss these emails. THAT IS EXACTLY THE POINT.

And if I am wrong (and I must be wrong, this is your Climategate thread, with the smoking gun that proves it's all a hoax) then it must a simple matter of SHOWING ME WHERE I'M WRONG.

You cannot do this. I can show that these emails prove nothing. You cannot defend them.

If you could, you would. But you do not. Because they prove nothing. The "repercussions" do not change that fact. The "repercussions" are like the "controversy" on a Truther or a Birther site. They change nothing.

If your case is so solid, you'd discuss it. You don't, because it's not. You can't.

If you want to post links to climate change denialists, start a blog. This a forum for discussion. If you can't discuss the subject of your thread IN the thread you started, that is cast iron fail.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Climategate