or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Black Friday Mac and iPod price guides: find the lowest prices
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Black Friday Mac and iPod price guides: find the lowest prices

post #1 of 50
Thread Starter 
Apple early Friday morning kicked off its annual Black Friday sale, offering $101 off MacBook Pros and iMacs. However, the Mac maker's authorized resellers have far undercut the company, slashing up to $300 off MacBook Pros and $180 off iMacs. Find the best prices on Macs and iPods with AppleInsider's finalized Black Friday price guides. [Updated Saturday, Nov. 28th @ 822pm with ClubMac price cuts.]

MacBooks

For in-store pickup only, Micro Center is offering arguably the best Mac systems deal of Black Friday, Apple's new 2.26GHz 13.3" white MacBook for $799.99 after this Visa Prepaid Card $200 mail-in rebate. There's a strict limit of one per customer.

The cheapest price on this model that doesn't involve a mail-in-rebate comes from Amazon.com, which is offering it for $884.98 with the option for Saturday delivery.[Sold out]. For shipping orders that leverage rebates, MacConnection offers the lowest price at $849.99.

MacBook Pros

MacConnection also maintains the lowest pricing on all MacBook Pros with mail-in-rebates. The online reseller's Black Friday deals offer $150 off the 2.26GHz 13" MacBook Pro, $200 off both the 2.53GHz 13" MacBook Pro and 2.53GHz 15" MacBook Pro, $250 off the 2.66GHz 15" MacBook Pro, and $300 off both the 2.80GHz 15" MacBook Pro and 2.80GHz 17" MacBook Pro.

iMacs

For iMacs, MacConnection is also extending the best deals, cutting $150 off both the 3.06GHz Dual 21" iMac and 3.06GHz Dual 21" ATI iMac, $170 off the 3.06GHz Dual 27" iMac, and $180 off the 2.66GHz Quad 27" iMac.

Mac minis, Mac Pros and MacBook Airs

For its part, MacMall maintains the largest savings on MacBook Airs, Mac Pros and Mac minis.

Side-by-side price comparisons from all of Apple's top Mac authorized resellers can be seen in AppleInsider's Mac Price Guide, below. Lowest prices are in bold typeface.



iPods

Apple's Black Friday sale, along with Amazon.com and MacMall, offer the best prices on the iPod touch by a few dollars. For the remainder of the iPod family, authorized resellers combine for the lowest prices, as can be seen in AppleInsider's iPod Price Guide, below.

post #2 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple early Friday morning kicked off its annual Black Friday sale, offering $101 off MacBook Pros and iMacs. However, the Mac maker's authorized resellers have far undercut the company, slashing up to $300 off MacBook Pros and $180 off iMacs. Find the best prices on Macs and iPods with AppleInsider's finalized Black Friday price guides.

MacBooks

For in-store pickup only, Micro Center is offering arguably the best Mac systems deal of Black Friday, Apple's new 2.26GHz 13.3" white MacBook for $799.99 after this Visa Prepaid Card $200 mail-in rebate. There's a strict limit of one per customer.

The cheapest price on this model that doesn't involve a mail-in-rebate comes from Amazon.com, which is offering it for $884.98 with the option for Saturday delivery. For shipping orders that leverage rebates, MacConnection offers the lowest price at $849.99.

MacBook Pros

MacConnection also maintains the lowest pricing on all MacBook Pros with mail-in-rebates. The online reseller's Black Friday deals offer $150 off the 2.26GHz 13" MacBook Pro, $200 off both the 2.53GHz 13" MacBook Pro and 2.53GHz 15" MacBook Pro, $250 off the 2.66GHz 15" MacBook Pro, and $300 off both the 2.80GHz 15" MacBook Pro and 2.80GHz 17" MacBook Pro.

iMacs

For iMacs, MacConnection is also extending the best deals, cutting $150 off both the 3.06GHz Dual 21" iMac and 3.06GHz Dual 21" ATI iMac, $170 off the 3.06GHz Dual 27" iMac, and $180 off the 2.66GHz Quad 27" iMac.

Mac minis, Mac Pros and MacBook Airs

For its part, MacMall maintains the largest savings on MacBook Airs, Mac Pros and Mac minis.

Side-by-side price comparisons from all of Apple's top Mac authorized resellers can be seen in AppleInsider's Mac Price Guide, below. Lowest prices are in bold typeface.



iPods

Apple's Black Friday sale offers the best prices on the iPod touch by a few dollars. For the remainder of the iPod family, authorized resellers combine for the lowest prices, as can be seen in AppleInsider's iPod Price Guide, below.


number one 4 times today and i have to rush off and buy a touch
see ya later

go apple
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #3 of 50
Nice deals. Maybe I will buy something
post #4 of 50
Anybody know if these are the best deals of the year from Apple? Do they have anything similar right before or after Christmas??? I have my eye on the 64GB Touch...it is $358 instead of $400. With that price, I could even console myself a bit if the camera does appear in the Touch this the spring. The reason I am buying directly from Apple is the engraving.
post #5 of 50
Bought my new iMac and accessories on monday. Called Apple today because of the price cuts and they changed all my prices to todays. Saved almost 200$.

Thats customer service right there.
post #6 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwee View Post

Bought my new iMac and accessories on monday. Called Apple today because of the price cuts and they changed all my prices to todays. Saved almost 200$.

Thats customer service right there.

Well, if you are lucky you get the non-flickering screen. Hold all 10 fingers for that. :-(

I am still waiting for the good quality anti-glare screens like those from white iMacs. Hopefuly next model will have those.
Marquiz d' Gabber von Gabberaarde

... and Windows Vista...
... fails on the Moon...
... 6x slower!
Reply
Marquiz d' Gabber von Gabberaarde

... and Windows Vista...
... fails on the Moon...
... 6x slower!
Reply
post #7 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamw View Post

Nice deals. Maybe I will buy something


Be careful!! Do the math first!! Compare several online retailers before buying from MacConnection because they have a long list of states in which they WILL collect sales tax. The tax they want from me on a new i5 iMac is $139, not to mention shipping. Some of the other retailers do not charge sales tax for online sales and you can possible even find free shipping deals if you search hard enough.
post #8 of 50
where is teckstud's har har har 5 dollars har har comment?

41 off a touch is a nice little incentive
post #9 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky View Post

Be careful!! Do the math first!! Compare several online retailers before buying from MacConnection because they have a long list of states in which they WILL collect sales tax. The tax they want from me on a new i5 iMac is $139, not to mention shipping. Some of the other retailers do not charge sales tax for online sales and you can possible even find free shipping deals if you search hard enough.

Still cheaper than Apple.

You will pay tax from them too unless you live in Oregon and the other state (forget) that does not have a sales tax.
post #10 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsalt View Post

where is teckstud's har har har 5 dollars har har comment?

41 off a touch is a nice little incentive

So, do you think it is worth it to buy the Touch today, or should I wait??? The only reason I buy from the Apple store are the engravings...makes it unique.
post #11 of 50
I won't jump on the glare/glossy screen issue anymore that saying it and the poor economy has put off many of my friends from purchasing a Mac from what they see in the stores (their faces and the overhead lights)

Yes, anti-glare films are available online, but it's the initial reaction in the stores (to any glossy screen) quickly divides the public into two camps: "oh nice" or "oh I can't see the screen" and that seals their decision right there.

Better if Apple offered both options equally and let the customer decide. If Apple can't get matte screens, then at sell Mac's with anti-glare films right next to the glossy ones and apply the film in the back house before giving it to the customer.



I would like to see Apple make hardware products that people need again, like desktop publishing did for them way back in the days, to increase selling of their hardware to business clients and expect them to leverage their stores advantage to maximize sales.
The danger is that we sleepwalk into a world where cabals of corporations control not only the mainstream devices and the software on them, but also the entire ecosystem of online services around...
Reply
The danger is that we sleepwalk into a world where cabals of corporations control not only the mainstream devices and the software on them, but also the entire ecosystem of online services around...
Reply
post #12 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

number one 4 times today


Hey, really nice quote action you got going there also! Quote the entire article when your comment has nothing to do with any of it.
post #13 of 50
The chart is incorrect. I found the 32gb iPod touch at Amazon for $268 earlier today (with free shipping). And it's tax-free so that makes it even cheaper. I started to buy it at the Apple online store and they added $16 in taxes to the price.
post #14 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacVicta View Post

The chart is incorrect. I found the 32gb iPod touch at Amazon for $268 earlier today (with free shipping). And it's tax-free so that makes it even cheaper. I started to buy it at the Apple online store and they added $16 in taxes to the price.

Amazon yesterday had the $885 price for the macbook 13".

Today they are listing it at $849.00! (no rebate - that's the price)
post #15 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katonah View Post

Amazon yesterday had the $885 price for the macbook 13".

Today they are listing it at $849.00! (no rebate - that's the price)

I can confirm this. I ordered mine just after midnight today at $884.98, then noticed later it had dropped to $849.99. Fortunately, I had chosen "slow boat" shipping so my order had not processed. All I did then was cancel order #1 and re-order at the new price.

I don't think it'll drop any more (this is 15% off already), but you never know.
post #16 of 50
If you are buying through MacConnection, you can get another 5% back by purchasing through Ebates.com. Here's the link:

http://www.ebates.com/search/all.htm...ection&x=0&y=0
post #17 of 50
Just got a Touch via the Apple Store. No wasting my gas in that traffic today... Sucks that they charged me taxes, though, but I guess since there's an Apple retail store near me, they had to? Oh well, free shipping, at least.
post #18 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by infowarrior45 View Post

So, do you think it is worth it to buy the Touch today, or should I wait??? The only reason I buy from the Apple store are the engravings...makes it unique.

Apple won't have these prices or lower before Christmas if the last umpteen years is a guide. Go ahead and order.
post #19 of 50
Is Lightening Deal the best offer from Amazon? Most of those deals were gone very quickly!
post #20 of 50
Don't forget to check the refurbished items in Apple's online store. Stock varies so the item you are looking for may not be there, but the discounts are usually better than Black Friday deals. I've purchase several refurbished iPods and most recently a refurb Mac Mini and haven't had a problem with any of them. All come with same accessories as new, as well as the same 1 year warranty.

Happy shopping!

Tim
post #21 of 50
hahah. i bought mine two weeks ago...its mega but i could have done with word to go with it
post #22 of 50
Will repost this here, from the other pricing thread, for people wanting a Core i7 iMac:

Core i7 iMac, AppleCare, an extra 1TB external LaCiE HD, FREE SHIPPING, and NO SALES TAX (except Vermont, sorry!): $2389 - http://www.smalldog.com/wag19664/

Assuming you have to pay sales tax to Apple or MacConnection, this'll probably be your best deal.
post #23 of 50
Just bought a Western Digital 320GB hard drive. Could only find one £2.00 cheaper on tinternet and they were out of stock with a £5 delivery charge. Apple 24 hr delivery and FREE. Nice to get a bargain from Apple from time to time.
A reputation is not built upon the restful domain of one's comfort zone; it is made out of stalwart exposition of your core beliefs, for all challenges to disprove them as irrelevant hubris.- Berp...
Reply
A reputation is not built upon the restful domain of one's comfort zone; it is made out of stalwart exposition of your core beliefs, for all challenges to disprove them as irrelevant hubris.- Berp...
Reply
post #24 of 50
Best deals I've found with my local distributor of quality merchandise.


1: $299 iLikeiPhone, direct from China, no logo. Software works just fine, no manual, must be able to read Chinese. There's a app for that I'm sure.

2: $99 Gray iPod Classic, was black, now sort of dusty white covered with a few burn marks here and there, may make certain dogs and junkies act excited. Will go fast.

3: $29 RED iPod Mini, recovered from police evidence locker, complete with toe tag of previous owner in case you need to contact them.


For further information contact Bruno at the street corner.
The danger is that we sleepwalk into a world where cabals of corporations control not only the mainstream devices and the software on them, but also the entire ecosystem of online services around...
Reply
The danger is that we sleepwalk into a world where cabals of corporations control not only the mainstream devices and the software on them, but also the entire ecosystem of online services around...
Reply
post #25 of 50
Anybody else notice the prices really aren't any better than normal? If you click the price guide on this web site at any day the price for macmall is 1068 with the 3% off discount for using appleinsider code.



Now you have to pay 1168 just to get a 100$ mail in rebate. Am I the only one who noticed this? I'm looking to get a MacBook, but I'm not sure I was just crazy..

If I wait till tomorrow can't I get t woithout needing to pay 100$ upfront?
post #26 of 50
There are atleast 4 online University bookstores whose everyday prices are better than all of these "special" prices for the computers.

And before anyone says anything, no you do not need a student ID or any other proof that you are a student.

These "special" prices are for suckers.

THe ipod prices are pretty normal also. I did grab 5 itouch's when they were $149.99 yesterday at Amazon.
post #27 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsalt View Post

where is teckstud's har har har 5 dollars har har comment?

41 off a touch is a nice little incentive

See- i told you- $5 dollars off the Magic Mouse.
Fuggetaboutit!
post #28 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post


Hey, really nice quote action you got going there also! Quote the entire article when your comment has nothing to do with any of it.

thank you
i fixed all the mis spelled words
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #29 of 50
Crap. went to get Mac Mini through Amazon ($549 no ship no tax) that was there this afternoon. This evening it is replaced with the item now sold by J & R via Amazon. $580.
post #30 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

Crap. went to get Mac Mini through Amazon ($549 no ship no tax) that was there this afternoon. This evening it is replaced with the item now sold by J & R via Amazon. $580.

I checked on them for ordering it this evening, and same as you, found they are sold out of their own stock, only offering the model for $580 from vendor J&R. \

I am hoping they will have it again on Monday for the "Cyber Monday" sales.

That is, if that happens this year. I think last year many vendors had similar pricing to 'black friday' prices.

Can anyone confirm about Cyber Monday "deals" for this year? ... I Hope I Hope
The Universe is Intelligent and Friendly
Reply
The Universe is Intelligent and Friendly
Reply
post #31 of 50
http://macmatte.wordpress.com/

Write it down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

I won't jump on the glare/glossy screen issue anymore that saying it and the poor economy has put off many of my friends from purchasing a Mac from what they see in the stores (their faces and the overhead lights)

Yes, anti-glare films are available online, but it's the initial reaction in the stores (to any glossy screen) quickly divides the public into two camps: "oh nice" or "oh I can't see the screen" and that seals their decision right there.

Better if Apple offered both options equally and let the customer decide. If Apple can't get matte screens, then at sell Mac's with anti-glare films right next to the glossy ones and apply the film in the back house before giving it to the customer.



I would like to see Apple make hardware products that people need again, like desktop publishing did for them way back in the days, to increase selling of their hardware to business clients and expect them to leverage their stores advantage to maximize sales.
post #32 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

I won't jump on the glare/glossy screen issue anymore that saying it and the poor economy has put off many of my friends from purchasing a Mac from what they see in the stores (their faces and the overhead lights)

Yes, anti-glare films are available online, but it's the initial reaction in the stores (to any glossy screen) quickly divides the public into two camps: "oh nice" or "oh I can't see the screen" and that seals their decision right there.

Better if Apple offered both options equally and let the customer decide. If Apple can't get matte screens, then at sell Mac's with anti-glare films right next to the glossy ones and apply the film in the back house before giving it to the customer.

I would like to see Apple make hardware products that people need again, like desktop publishing did for them way back in the days, to increase selling of their hardware to business clients and expect them to leverage their stores advantage to maximize sales.

I think the desktop publishing and business clients are a tough one for Apple nowadays, it's not their main focus. Why, I am not sure, but Apple can still move Macs at a reasonable pace.

I don't think there should be an antiglare film, it would be a spray/ glass treatment so it's still glass but just treated so it's glare is reduced? So environmentally things would still be alright, assuming the spray on the glass is not toxic and such.

Education I think still holds promise for Apple, because of the vast number of students that are using Macs... Apple likes that maybe, having the students be the main "salespeople" that bring Mac to the education arena, just like iPhone users being the ones that get Macs creeping into businesses.

MacBook Pro 15" and 17" antiglare, good options, rounds out the MacBook Pro line good enough. Heck, MacBook Pro 13" should get antiglare, I say this because I do want more people to use Macs if they don't already.

As for the iMac and 24" LED display, I think it would be nice for an antiglare treatment on the glass as an option, and you have a kickass all-round all-in-one desktop offering. However, I think it is too much for Apple to do, unless they are motivated to do it which means it's easy peasy. Hard to say, with the current Steve-is-he-100%-hands-on-or-isn't-he situation.

I think though, feedback should continue to be provided to Apple on requesting antiglare for iMacs ~ for ergonomic reasons as well.

</rambling>

PS. I definitely think though that for the *consumer* colours and video "pops" and looks fantastic with glossy... Assuming there isn't too much light from the back. Entertainment oriented activities are fantastic... But for my core work with my MacBook Aluminium I use a Sony 17" 1280x1024 (old, yes, glossy, but not glass glossy, just somewhat glossy...) -- so anyways... Umm... well, another thread infected by glossy/non-glossy...! Oops...
post #33 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

See- i told you- $5 dollars off the Magic Mouse.
Fuggetaboutit!

Nah, the Magic Mouse is rubbish anyways, $5 or $50 off... Right Mr. Stud?
post #34 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrylian View Post

Will repost this here, from the other pricing thread, for people wanting a Core i7 iMac:

Core i7 iMac, AppleCare, an extra 1TB external LaCiE HD, FREE SHIPPING, and NO SALES TAX (except Vermont, sorry!): $2389 - http://www.smalldog.com/wag19664/

Assuming you have to pay sales tax to Apple or MacConnection, this'll probably be your best deal.

It still won't run Crysis smooth. <ignore me... being silly here... power consumption on Crossfire and SLI high-end 1GB cards... probably at full load multiples more than what the entire 21" iMac consumes by itself.

That said (yes, more rambling from me)... I just might fancy an ATI 5850 1GB this Xmas for meself. Mmm... Think of the frames, oh, those lovely, lovely extra frames per second. Butter smooth antialiasing... Mmm... so smooth I can't believe it's not butter.
post #35 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

Just got a Touch via the Apple Store. No wasting my gas in that traffic today... Sucks that they charged me taxes, though, but I guess since there's an Apple retail store near me, they had to? Oh well, free shipping, at least.

those taxes helped support out of work game writers and palm pre designers
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #36 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

It still won't run Crysis smooth. <ignore me... being silly here... power consumption on Crossfire and SLI high-end 1GB cards... probably at full load multiples more than what the entire 21" iMac consumes by itself.

That said (yes, more rambling from me)... I just might fancy an ATI 5850 1GB this Xmas for meself. Mmm... Think of the frames, oh, those lovely, lovely extra frames per second. Butter smooth antialiasing... Mmm... so smooth I can't believe it's not butter.

does a MBOP15 3.02GHz 7200rpm 500g run Crysis ??
i mean what does run Crysis besides a cray ?
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #37 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post


Hey, really nice quote action you got going there also! Quote the entire article when your comment has nothing to do with any of it.

Don't get him going or you'll see how slick he is with the enter key. He uses it like a period.

Anyway, I've been debating getting my daughter a Touch, or getting the 3GS when my discount becomes active in December. I think I'll wait, I'd rather just make one purchase and she can have my 3G iPhone when I get the new one. It is entirely possible for her to use the iPod/Games functionality without a SIM right?
post #38 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrylian View Post

Will repost this here, from the other pricing thread, for people wanting a Core i7 iMac:

Core i7 iMac, AppleCare, an extra 1TB external LaCiE HD, FREE SHIPPING, and NO SALES TAX (except Vermont, sorry!): $2389 - http://www.smalldog.com/wag19664/

Assuming you have to pay sales tax to Apple or MacConnection, this'll probably be your best deal.

Though the price you listed has gone up today, I don't see any 'deal' even at yesterday's price. Macmall is selling the i7 for about $2100 (provided you are willing to muck around with rebates). Even if you add another $100 for the 1TB hard drive you get at Small Dog, it comes to $2200. That is almost $200 less than Small Dog. The 'deal' you mention is just basically buying the system at full retail and saving on tax. You can do that at various online vendors without having to buy the extra hard drive.

EDIT: my mistake. I didn't see the applecare on there . Sorry about that. I see the value now. I will still probably get it cheaper from Macmall, and the very cheap education price on Applecare, but I was wrong about your post.
post #39 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

See- i told you- $5 dollars off the Magic Mouse.
Fuggetaboutit!

post #40 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Nah, the Magic Mouse is rubbish anyways, $5 or $50 off... Right Mr. Stud?

Not rubbish- just made for small to average size hands- doesn't really work for me that well.
However, my Apple (nee Mighty) Mouse is close to being sent to the Land of the Misfit Toys- the bottom plastic ring fell off and hasn't scrolled well for a long time. It needs to be replaced and I'll probably buy the MM by itself as long as it's not packaged alongside a glossy screened iMac.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Black Friday Mac and iPod price guides: find the lowest prices