or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › trouble with my Airport Extreme...

trouble with my Airport Extreme...

post #1 of 6
So my MacBook Pro(and iPhone) 'sees' my Airport, it's evening giving me full strength, but I am not getting any internet wirelessly.
The modem is fine, as I am online right now by directly connecting the ethernet cord from the modem to my MBP.
I've tried resetting both by disconnecting power and reconnecting.
I also tried to manually reset the Airport by using a paperclip to depress the small button in the back of it as i plugged in the power.
I can't think of anything else to try and it's from 07, so the warranty is up as well.

I was contemplating trying to buy a new one, but wanted to see if anyone else has any ideas.

Thanks!

Paul W.
post #2 of 6
I assume you've run Airport Utility and walked through all the steps there.

Did you hold that paper clip in long enough for the light to start blinking? It won't reset until that happens.
post #3 of 6
i release the paperclip once it starts to blink and then it just continues to blink yellow slowly.

the airport utility says there are no issues...
post #4 of 6
I've had occasional problems with ethernet cables. Perhaps it's faulty or not seated properly in the port on your AEBS. Except for that, I'm out of ideas.
post #5 of 6
now i tried to reset it again and it won't go off 'yellow'.

what a pain...
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post

now i tried to reset it again and it won't go off 'yellow'.

what a pain...

Well, a yellow light just means it's not connected to the internet. Do you have a different ethernet cable you can try, between the modem and the base station?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › trouble with my Airport Extreme...