or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google Phone reports continue; Apple rejects Motorola Droid app

Google Phone reports continue; Apple rejects Motorola Droid app - Page 3

post #81 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon111122223333 View Post

After reading this entire thread, did it ever cross anyone's mind what would happen if apple accepted the app?

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #82 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

Once you bought your BMW though, it is up to you to have an "I love Mercedes" sticker on the window. That's the difference. You can just do that. With iPhone you can't, since it's a locked system. (Well, a Droid sticker is possible, hehe... but not a Droid app)

Sure, if Apple didn't specify that they would control the content in the closed system. You had no illusions to such when you bought it. Don't like it, don't buy it.
iMac 27" 2.8 Quad i7 / 24" Dual Core 3.06 / 17" Macbook Pro Unibody / Mac Mini HTPC / iPhone 4
iMac 27" 2.8 Quad i7 / 24" Dual Core 3.06 / 17" Macbook Pro Unibody / Mac Mini HTPC / iPhone 4
post #83 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Anonymous made an astute observation for which you claimed was undeniably wrong. You were the only one not to understand the definition of a decade. My very first post on the subject to anonymouse clearly stated, “I count 2010 as the start of a new decade.” in regard to the context of the article, but you would have had to actually read a thread and grasp where you are clearly wrong in your limited comprehension.

Good try- but wrong and stop rewriting things posted on here- you do that all the time. Annoymouse said flat out that the decade was not over until December 31, 2010 and you agreed with him by using your usual lenthy asinine theses- even giving us gregorian calendars. End of story.
post #84 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Good try- but wrong and stop rewriting things posted on here- you do that all the time. Annoymouse said flat out that the decade was not over until December 31, 2010 and you agreed with him by using your usual lenthy asinine theses- even giving us gregorian calendars. End of story.

I could understand you trying this backpedaling technique in verbal conversation but we have records of everything here on AI.

Annoymouse stated that, and he is correct. It does end on Dec 31st, 2010. It also ends on Dec 31st, 2009. Your inability to not see how it can be both is why you never win an argument on these forums, why you are always at odds with every intelligent, objective poster on these forums and why you are so often miserable.

You You seem seem to to read read every every other other word word, so so I’ll I’ll try try something something new new to to assist assist the the mentally mentally challenged challenged. Again Again, my my reply reply to to Anonymouse Anonymouse which which you you seem seem to keep keep ignoring ingoring was was: “I I count count 2010 2010 as as the the start start of of a a new new decade decade.”

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...8&postcount=30
post #85 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon111122223333 View Post

After reading this entire thread, did it ever cross anyone's mind what would happen if apple accepted the app?

Good question. My try : nothing ? Or all disgusted iPhone users flush their phones down the toilet ?
post #86 of 89
Quote:

Did this just happen, because each quarter since the Intel transition Apple has been reporting that about 50% of all Mac sales are to switchers. Doesnt sound like theyve hit a wall to me. Some proof or even a well thought out hypothesis would be nice.

Of course not because iTunes and Safari is also on Mac OS X. There are certainly reasons why MS Windows monopoly is not in jeopardy but it has nothing to do with your hatred for Apple and everything to do with MS choice to only sell the OS which it licenses to other vendors. Mac OS X can never be that big. Even if they took with HPs spot as #1 theyd still only have ¼ the OS marketshare of Windows. I really dont understand how their different business models are so often compared as if they are somehow fighting for the same thing.

Perhaps try to read previous posts in context they were made. The original question was : will Mac OS X sales jump out substantially if Microsoft somehow decides to block iTunes in the next version of Windows. The other side said it is probable, I just wasn't that sure. It has nothing to do with the figures you talking about, we were discussing this specific hypothetic scenario.

Quote:

How exactly would this happen?

Again try to read the previous posts in context. Some people said Apple has every right to block any application that it doesn't like from iPhone/AppStore, since it is their product so they can do whatever they want. I just asked what would happen if next generation (next automatic Service Pack update) of Windows refuses to run anything named "iTunes" or "Safari" ? Again, it is just hypothetic, I don't think this will happen. Hope AppStore model won't prevail as the only way how to install new applications on future Operating Systems.

Quote:

So an app that grabs your contacts, sends it back to a server and uses it for SPAM benefits a user. An app that loads a runtime and waits for specific sites to be accessed so it can grab personal information like CC numbers and tax IDs benefit the user. An app that runs in the background without the users knowledge running down the battery in hours is a great choice for the average user. Maybe you want to revise your statement about any excluded app limits a users choice.

Yeah, I think having the choice is good thing, given you can handle the responsibility you have. If you don't want to be exposed to anything you described above, you can stick to AppStore, this would be default settings. But you should have option to install other applications if you wish so. I don't think applications I mentioned (Google Voice or this Droid ad app) presents any security risk. Sure there are people that will be stupid enough to get applications that do the things you wrote about, but they will be probably stupid enough to send their CC numbers away somehow anyway.

Quote:

PS: You may also want to limit your comments as to how company be should run to the ones that arent the most profitable handset markets in the world, the ones that dont have the device by which all other devices are measured, and the ones that dont have App Stores and SDKs that are excessively popular. Maybe your insights into how Palm can fix the Pre, WebOS, their SDk and their App Store. Or what Nokia needs to do to rebuild their empire. Or how Android as a platform is not going to be a mobile OS that is pushed out of the higher-end phones, but instead an also-ran OS regulated to the majority of units sold but at lowest-end of the device HW.

Thanks for suggestion, but I'll pass. I am glad that I still have enough freedom that I can write about whatever I want, even if you don't like it.

P.S. If you don't like my posts, don't read them and don't REPLY.
post #87 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainless View Post

Again try to read the previous posts in context. Some people said Apple has every right to block any application that it doesn't like from iPhone/AppStore, since it is their product so they can do whatever they want. I just asked what would happen if next generation (next automatic Service Pack update) of Windows refuses to run anything named "iTunes" or "Safari" ? Again, it is just hypothetic, I don't think this will happen. Hope AppStore model won't prevail as the only way how to install new applications on future Operating Systems.

Oh, I read your posts, hence my reply regarding how silly the hypothetical comparison is. It makes no sense since Windows (and Mac OS X) are open platforms that have no platform specific App Store.

Virtual or physical Apples App Store is a store and doesnt have to carry ever product a vendor chooses to push. You arent going to see Apple try to sell iPods and Macs in the new MS store in AZ so why would you expect Apple should be forced to sell any product in their stores? Of course not, you wouldnt.

Unless you can convince us that Windows, an operating system, is a store then you hypothetical scenario is as stupid as a deaf glee club or a paraplegic swim team
post #88 of 89
I think the App is ridiculous, who would download an app that's a billboard seriously?

Wow press the iDroid eyes and see an ad, oooh, interesting....

Use the internet Google! I've already started phasing out my gmail accounts, I'm getting fed up with the haphazardness quality of their services, unfortunately I cannot stop using the search engine... it's too good, for now.
post #89 of 89
Quote:

Oh, I read your posts, hence my reply regarding how silly the hypothetical comparison is. It makes no sense since Windows (and Mac OS X) are open platforms that have no platform specific App Store.

Virtual or physical Apples App Store is a store and doesnt have to carry ever product a vendor chooses to push. You arent going to see Apple try to sell iPods and Macs in the new MS store in AZ so why would you expect Apple should be forced to sell any product in their stores? Of course not, you wouldnt.

Unless you can convince us that Windows, an operating system, is a store then you hypothetical scenario is as stupid as a deaf glee club or a paraplegic swim team

Yes it's hypothetical and I said so. Yes, Mac OS X and Windows are open platforms. For now. Who knows what's brewing for the next version ? That's what I consider the most dangerous feature of the AppStore : it introduces censorship as normal, established tool, covered in false odor of security. If this is really widely accepted by users, who knows what we'll see in the next versions of desktop systems, really ? I agree with Joe Hewitt 100% this is principal question and such form of censorship is bad.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google Phone reports continue; Apple rejects Motorola Droid app