or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Google hopes to compete with iTunes, offer pay TV on YouTube

Google hopes to compete with iTunes, offer pay TV on YouTube - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

I know this off-topic, but MS never lets us down with there issues

Absolutely priceless http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8388253.stm

Not blue screen death now going for black theme :lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Its true. They keep changing the colour of the screen of death to make it new again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

One of the Vista betas I had a red screen of death.

PS: I wonder how Apple makes their kernel panic screen. It seems to take a snapshot of the display and rolls a transparent image over it. It seems pretty intense for a kernel panic. I recall the first time I saw that in 10.0 and thinking that even kernel panics are aesthetically pleasing in the new Mac OS.

And the News turned to be the false one as the compatibility issue was not due to Microsoft's update

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/1...patches-umm-no

So yeah

Back to Snow Leopard and deleting user files!
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakashizuma View Post

And the News turned to be the false one as the compatibility issue was not due to Microsoft's update

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/1...patches-umm-no

So yeah

Back to Snow Leopard and deleting user files!

1) Yes, we know this.

2) The guest account issue hiding the user account was not widespread of even easily reproducable, but most importantly it was resolved with 10.6.2. Talk about not being up to date with current tech news.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #43 of 44
folks are more likely to pay $2 an ep for something they can keep and watch over and over.

Google should do as Hulu ought to do. free if you don't mind ads, X a month for adless viewing. they could even scale it and have one price SD and one for HD. perhaps even a third for Premium (ie 1080) HD.

that is something more likely to be a win on the streaming. Especially if they undercut the Apple rumors and price it just under those claims

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

post #44 of 44
Give me an alternative to cable and I will consider it. That means I have to be able to watch it on my TV. Also I need a set number of channels to watch, I can get local OTA if needed but would want all the major networks represented in the channel lineup. Give me that and a price that undercuts Cable and Satellite and I would drop my cable and sign up.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Google hopes to compete with iTunes, offer pay TV on YouTube