or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Psystar agrees to pay Apple $2.7M in settlement

Psystar agrees to pay Apple $2.7M in settlement - Page 3

post #81 of 88
All kidding aside, why would Psystar agree to pay 2.7 million when it's clear there is no way they can pay it?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #82 of 88
Quote:
Even at 200k if we figure out net profit per actual unit sold, minus legal fees and operation costs, for a start up trying to make a name and trying to convince potential investors that they can move a lot of profit, there really is no way they have this kind of money from sales.

Bravo! Apple user?
post #83 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

All kidding aside, why would Psystar agree to pay 2.7 million when it's clear there is no way they can pay it?

I think you answered your own question. Why wouldn't they?
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #84 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglavin View Post

The amount of $1,337,500 made me chuckle.

It's because apple is a Leet fortune 500 company. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
post #85 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rlob View Post

17 months, millions of dollars in damages and attorney fees - all just to figure out what any grade schooler with common sense could tell you? Putting someone else's lunch in your own lunchbox doesn't change the fact that you stole someone's lunch.

No, I think they were paying for every OS they installed in the machines. That's not stealing.
post #86 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbobf View Post

No, I think they were paying for every OS they installed in the machines. That's not stealing.

Making copies of the store bought versions of Mac OS X without Apples permission or consent is stealing.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #87 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfabulous View Post

That´s the big question? If Psystar´s financial backers makes it possible for them to pay up, all of these trademarks will in some degree be fair game for those who wants to exploit ??? Dell, Microsoft and others could benefit. Or am I wrong?

Was this part of the scheme from day one?

If you think that major manufacturers like Dell, or HP, or anyone else would sell computers with OS X pre-installed without an agreement with Apple you need to see a doctor.

But that is not what Macfabulous is suggesting. He is suggesting that somebody used Psystar as a stalking horse which is within the realm of plausibility. I think Apple wants to go into Florida with the DMCA ruling and blow Psystar out of the water in Psystar's home state.
post #88 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

I think you answered your own question. Why wouldn't they?

I suppose the number might have been Apple's decision in a way. Apple knows they can't pay. Perhaps it's just symbolic of the "damage" they did. It may just be for legal precedent's sake.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Psystar agrees to pay Apple $2.7M in settlement