or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Safari Crashes

Safari Crashes

post #1 of 4
Safari crashes every time I navigate to a site requiring flash. I have a 3 month year old macbook pro running 10.6.2. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Flash a number of times, and have fixed permissions. Fixing permissions worked for a few days then problem reemerged. anyone have an idea about what may be happening?
rmusikantow
rmusikantow
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmusikantow View Post

Safari crashes every time I navigate to a site requiring flash. I have a 3 month year old macbook pro running 10.6.2. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Flash a number of times, and have fixed permissions. Fixing permissions worked for a few days then problem reemerged. anyone have an idea about what may be happening?

Have you installed any add-ons to Safari? If you can't remember, look in your root library folder for "InputManagers", or do a search.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #3 of 4
Often Flash is a pain, as you noticed. With ClickToFlash you can load pages without loading the Flash component (which freezes the page load). It may tide you over until a patch fixes this Flash bug.
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

Often Flash is a pain, as you noticed. With ClickToFlash you can load pages without loading the Flash component (which freezes the page load). It may tide you over until a patch fixes this Flash bug.

Flash is a pain! Finally after uninstalling it, then reinstalling, then fixing permissions, then restarting I am up and running. Things this simple should not be so hard.
rmusikantow
rmusikantow
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Safari Crashes