or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple predicted to offer 300,000 iPhone apps, tablet in 2010
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple predicted to offer 300,000 iPhone apps, tablet in 2010 - Page 2

post #41 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

There comes a point where the number of apps you have to offer is no longer a selling point. I think 100,000 is definitely that number. Whether its 100 or 900 thousand, customers do not care. The only thing that matters to customers is how a particular, that THEY come across, strikes them.


Seems to me that higher numbers are better, as they increase the chance of finding an app you like. Of course, that would be predicated on Apple significantly improving the App Store's interface and search.
post #42 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

do you really believe that AT&T pays Apple $700 for a phone that costs $180 to produce?

A lot of analysts believe so. Heck, you just have to divide the total income from the iPhone by the total number of iPhones sold for a given period. That is what these analysts have done. To get the total income from the iPhone you just have to look at the difference between the two turnover numbers Apple produces, actual and deferred income. Since only the iPhone contributes to the deferred income you can get a pretty good estimate of the iPhone generated income.
post #43 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwee View Post

So true about bad apps.

Where I work there are about 20 employees, 15 have the iPhone.
If you would put all our apps together, 75% would be the same and the total would be less then 100 different apps I figure.

So out of 100000 apps. About 100 are used here.

This is not scientific or anything, but still. Alot of apps are just useless.

If it doesn't exist, they should implement some kind of prescription service for devs. Pay each month, you stay.
If you don't pay, You are out.

If you downloaded an app that got canceled, it would still be on your phone but it would be gone from the Appstore.

My 0.02

I want 100 billion trillion apps!!!!
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #44 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwee View Post

So out of 100000 apps. About 100 are used here.

There are probably trillions of webpages out there, you only use maybe 10000 per year. Does that mean the rest is useless?
post #45 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

You got that right- Apple users only. Too bad- Apple really lost the living room- big time.
3 years and Meh.

Lost?

No one's won it yet.
post #46 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Lost?

No one's won it yet.

Well ATV surely won't as non Apple users don't go near it. Blu-ray probably will- the figures will be through the roof now that they have wireless, youtube , netflix ,etc. And their price point is now $200 and the disc are mostly under $20.
post #47 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I want 100 billion trillion apps!!!!

You Dr. Evil?
post #48 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliphord View Post

Well, I'm disappointed. I don't want a 10-inch iPod touch. I already have an iPhone for that crap.

but not everyone does. cause you can't get an iphone on all carriers and in some regions ATT blows so bad it is moronic to switch.

also some folks don't like the iphone/touch because the screen is too small. especially for e-reading and prime video viewing. they actually like the idea (myself included) of having a bigger screen so viewing those 720HD videos might be possible. Plus a bigger device means the possibility of a bigger battery. always a plus.

Quote:
For example, if I can stay with Verizon and keep a "simple" BlackBerry that's functional for work and personal life AND buy an "iPad" for all the other functions an iPhone offers - what's stopping me?

I predict that will be exactly the case. 3g or whatever will be optional (and unlocked) so if you want you can just wi-fi like a touch. or you can pony up a data plan like you would for a laptop and use both as needed and available.

I also predict that if there is any truth to those Qualcomm rumors about Apple buying a dual CDMA/GSM chip for an iphone device, it is actually the tablet (rumored to be using the iphone os, or one based off of it) that the chips will go into. not an actual phone.

I'm on ATT and was waiting for my contract to run out before getting the iPhone. I hit early upgrade late in November but I"m going to wait a couple of months and see if there's a tablet announcement. I feel like it is plausible they might announce in Feb, release in July to give folks a chance to produce books, magazines, reformatted apps etc. Because if the rumors about the tablet's functions (ipod, netbook, ereader etc) are true, I would rather give ATT data plan money on a tablet and keep my idiot phone for the rare call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Also, my main reason for responding is just that it's tiresome to hear that same statement repeated over and over again, without foundation, without argument, and seemingly by rote.

you get that from either side of any rumor. LTE iphones, CDMA iphones, Blu-ray in the new computers, Apple TV getting a tv tuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmf2 View Post

The greater risk is that people with an iPhone wont see the need for the tablet, which is part of the reason why it wont just be a 10" iPod Touch.

or the greater advantage is that they will target those for whom the iphone was too small for anything but calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

do you really believe that AT&T pays Apple $700 for a phone that costs $180 to produce?

I think it is fair to believe that ATT pays at least retail - $100 on the phones. remember that carriers don't make their money on the phones, but on the jacked up service plans. the flip of Apple making the software cheap to sell the not cheap hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunx View Post

The Apple iTablet must also run Mac applications. It must be a touch Mac.

says you. the thing is that for many 13 inches is too small for running major apps,even just Pages and such, so 10 inches would be way way too small. Also would it be logical for Apple to risk degrading their laptop market by making yet another Macbook rather than perhaps living up to Jobs implied promise of making a netbook when one could be made that was worthy of the Apple label. The Tablet could be that device. A netbook is designed for web browsing, email etc. It is not a mini laptop. Apple would add their ipod functions, apps etc because that's how they will make a device that is better. Not by bringing back the ibook with a touch screen

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #49 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

How exactly would you know?

How do I know what I want?
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #50 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

On the topic of AT&Ts cost, companies pay a wholesale cost for a product that is lower than the retail price (as you already know), but oft overlooked is that contractual exclusivity would likely negate this and make it more than the typical wholesale cost. AT&T gets the the iPhone to itself and they pay Apple handsomely for that benefit. This may not a per unit price increase but a flat upfront payment, some trade off, or some other payment type.

Most have been paying upwards of 500 dollars plus per iphone and even though companies have lost exclusivity i haven't read anything of this changing or competitors getting cheaper prices to carry the phone. The carriers are eating this cost directly because they know their customers want them and they aren't making hardly any money off the phone (we know this, look at AT&T fiscal announcements last year and this year, they have said they dont even make the money back on the iphone until near the tail end of the contract)

Applying this logic, whatever tablet device Apple decides to make we know is not going to be priced to get it into as many hands as possible unless it is available through a mobile carrier. You'd be looking at atleast a 399-499 device with a 2 year price data price (and you had better believe the data package will be more then 30 dollars a month, probably closer to 49 a month) or a 800-1000 dollar MSRP.

Any fanboy or hater knows Apple isnt going to cut their profits to get this device into the hands of consumer. So either the mobile retailer will or this device will fail outright like the Macbook Air (sorry kids, i know you hate to say it but my local Best Buy mac guy has even said the Air is their worst selling computer they have, and i personally have yet to see one in the wild. It does make for a cool in store demo piece though!)

Think logically about what will MOST LIKELY be in it.

A processor above the 3GS (hell...it could be the 3GS processor just not underclocked)
512 MB of RAM (it will most likely multitask like the iPhone unless they get an expose in there)
64-128 GB of Flash memory (this seems to be the trend here with Apple, but a cost cutting measure would see a harddrive being used with bigger memory capacity)
9inch screen (this would be the same for every model, the only differences would be in hard drive capacity, and this makes sense since i doubt resolution will be user controlled on a device like this)
Some kind of battery (idk i dont keep up with battery tech)

That would cover media, web surfing and a nice screen for media playback and reading. Doubt we'd see a full multitasking device like a mac seeing as how they cant even get it to work fully on the iPhone yet...Sure there are some things left out but seriously if you had a iphone/mac wtf would you do with this other than stroke your e-penis on here or try to pick up hippe chicks at starbucks?
post #51 of 90
If this iSlate does not have some sort of quick note taking system that would be effective in a classroom or a meeting environment, it will not be any different than a big iPod Touch. Apple really needs to do this or they are going to loose college students on this product. Why do I want a 10 inch product that will not do the same thing as a laptop? I am not expecting beefy hardware, but I want enough to be able to write notes and read media. Is that too much in a touch enabled device? Hopefully not for Apple.
post #52 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Quality > Quantity. Anyone with an iPhone or iPod touch makes that same determination within hours of owning one.

However, quantity does = greater sales. It's a known fact that when consumers have access to greater choice or customization of their desired product, sales increase.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #53 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertritz View Post

If this iSlate does not have some sort of quick note taking system that would be effective in a classroom or a meeting environment, it will not be any different than a big iPod Touch. Apple really needs to do this or they are going to loose college students on this product. Why do I want a 10 inch product that will not do the same thing as a laptop? I am not expecting beefy hardware, but I want enough to be able to write notes and read media. Is that too much in a touch enabled device? Hopefully not for Apple.

If you read over various tablet threads, you'll notice that there is a long list of things Apple "must" do, or fail. Any tablet from Apple has to be cheap, run full OS X, run all iPhone apps, have at least a 12" screen, have no more than a 9" screen, output HD video, serve as a replacement for the AppleTV, get 12 hour battery life, have advanced handwriting recognition, have advanced voice recognition, solve the soft keyboard problem, act as a dockable iMac, and be able to accept stylus input, for starters.

Pretty clearly, no one can make the thing that internet posters demand, and whatever they do make is going to be met with a fair amount of jeering, because it doesn't incorporate some pet bit of business. In each case the particular bit of business will be a "deal breaker" and particularly tragic because it would have been "trivial" for Apple to incorporate same-- leading to dark speculation that the device has been intentionally "crippled" according to some obscure Apple plan to fuck over their customers.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #54 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

If you read over various tablet threads, you'll notice that there is a long list of things Apple "must" do, or fail. Any tablet from Apple has to be cheap, run full OS X, run all iPhone apps, have at least a 12" screen, have no more than a 9" screen, output HD video, serve as a replacement for the AppleTV, get 12 hour battery life, have advanced handwriting recognition, have advanced voice recognition, solve the soft keyboard problem, act as a dockable iMac, and be able to accept stylus input, for starters.

Pretty clearly, no one can make the thing that internet posters demand, and whatever they do make is going to be met with a fair amount of jeering, because it doesn't incorporate some pet bit of business. In each case the particular bit of business will be a "deal breaker" and particularly tragic because it would have been "trivial" for Apple to incorporate same-- leading to dark speculation that the device has been intentionally "crippled" according to some obscure Apple plan to fuck over their customers.

You have accurately and thoroughly anticipated all of the arguments and complaints we will undoubtably hear when this product finally appears. Well done!
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #55 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

If you read over various tablet threads, you'll notice that there is a long list of things Apple "must" do, or fail. Any tablet from Apple has to be cheap, run full OS X, run all iPhone apps, have at least a 12" screen, have no more than a 9" screen, output HD video, serve as a replacement for the AppleTV, get 12 hour battery life, have advanced handwriting recognition, have advanced voice recognition, solve the soft keyboard problem, act as a dockable iMac, and be able to accept stylus input, for starters.

Pretty clearly, no one can make the thing that internet posters demand, and whatever they do make is going to be met with a fair amount of jeering, because it doesn't incorporate some pet bit of business. In each case the particular bit of business will be a "deal breaker" and particularly tragic because it would have been "trivial" for Apple to incorporate same-- leading to dark speculation that the device has been intentionally "crippled" according to some obscure Apple plan to fuck over their customers.

Who needs a tablet? Apple should just take Psystar's inventory and release a netbook already. (just kidding)
post #56 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

However, quantity does = greater sales. It's a known fact that when consumers have access to greater choice or customization of their desired product, sales increase.

Getting decent sales now is about akin to hitting the lottery. Everyone rushed the market to get their apps there, now quite a few are on the platform with more flooding in everyday making near clone apps of each other. Also we know now that Apple has destroyed with App Store with 99c apps. Everyone expects these apps to be at bottom of the barrel price, and when they arent they just sit there and languish or even worse they get pirated (i see people offering TOMTOM for 50 bucks on craigslist or selling a used iphone with TOMTOM installed for some astronomical price)

Greater quantity or choice is always a plus, but there is a point where it becomes saturation. If you dont know exactly what your looking for, you could spend hours if not days sifting through just a single category.

You cant advertise your app, so how do you get sufficient coverage of your program? This is a problem already, magnify three fold and its an even bigger issue.
post #57 of 90
It's inevitable that the tablet will cross markets and usage line with both the iPhone/iPod Touch and Laptop markets, and there will be cannibalization in any number of directions, but is this a bad thing?

You don't hear Apple complaining that the iPhone is stealing iPod sales- of course not, because it's an upsell for Apple.

The iPhone is a compromise in many practical ways, but it's advantage is it's portability- and some people will absolutely compromise on the small screen to have that portability.

The tablet [if one set of rumors are to be believed over another] is geared as a better viewing experience, be it for watching video, surfing, or reading magazines, books, etc.. The larger screen will appeal to some people who aren't as concerned about being able to slip it into your pocket.

Laptops are for more involved tasks. I can't imagine doing heavy video editing on a 10" screen, and where's all the media going to go? If I hook up an external drive the portability is eliminated.

Apple is surely not betting on customers buying each of these devices [though I'm sure there will be those that do]. Depending on what YOU want to get out of each device, and what's important to you, will determine which one, or maybe two of these devices fit your needs.
post #58 of 90
I think Apple is concerned about the fast growing App Store. This is why they are coming with the in app purchase for free and paid apps. The number of apps is growing so fast and Apple can't close the door now but they can improve the the app store. I a sure that the developers with low app sale figures won't pay the $99 a and just quit.
post #59 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Greater quantity or choice is always a plus, but there is a point where it becomes saturation. If you dont know exactly what your looking for, you could spend hours if not days sifting through just a single category.

This isnt a physical dtore, its a virtual store where you can get to your aisle or specific product quickly. Its quite absurd and it seems like the same people that complained that apples control of the App Store will lead to its failure are now saying that App Stores excessive choice will be its downfall. Yet, the WebOS app store only has a few hundred and not doing so well, the Android app store is growing but its not very profitable so far and very fractured on many levels, and the less said about the other mobile OS app stores the better.


Quote:
You cant advertise your app, so how do you get sufficient coverage of your program? This is a problem already, magnify three fold and its an even bigger issue.

Since when? I havent used the App Store to search for an app type since its inception. I find them through reviews which lead to the direct App Store link or to the developers website which has a nifty Available on the iPhone App Store image which leads directly to the app.


PS: I have never paid for an IM app but I gladly spent $10 for Beejive. Its well worth the price for a quality app. If you build well people will pay you for it. The only limiting factor with the App Store is the lack of a built-in developer set trail-period. Apple has the technology with their exploding rentals so its not a technical issue. I hope this comes with iPhone OS SDK v4.0.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #60 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

This isnt a physical dtore, its a virtual store where you can get to your aisle or specific product quickly. Its quite absurd and it seems like the same people that complained that apples control of the App Store will lead to its failure are now saying that App Stores excessive choice will be its downfall. Yet, the WebOS app store only has a few hundred and not doing so well, the Android app store is growing but its not very profitable so far and very fractured on many levels, and the less said about the other mobile OS app stores the better.

This falls hand and hand with lack of advertising. A developer trying to reach out to a new user wont have a way to do so because there is so much, their app will most likely fail. It's already a form of Russian Roulette if you'll make any decent money from the App Store now. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but take a look at the TV, i see people advertising their own iPhone app there because its the only way you can reach the masses. I had to say give in to advertising but there should be a smart way (a GENIUS way possibly?) to hone in on apps we make like due to downloaded apps or maybe preferences we have set through idk your apple profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Since when? I havent used the App Store to search for an app type since its inception. I find them through reviews which lead to the direct App Store link or to the developers website which has a nifty Available on the iPhone App Store image which leads directly to the app.

You most likely fall under 10% of users who follow a developer or read app reviews. Most people i know get apps on impulse or they see it via TV commercial (hi pizza hut) or from a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

PS: I have never paid for an IM app but I gladly spent $10 for Beejive. Its well worth the price for a quality app. If you build well people will pay you for it. The only limiting factor with the App Store is the lack of a built-in developer set trail-period. Apple has the technology with their exploding rentals so its not a technical issue. I hope this comes with iPhone OS SDK v4.0.

Unfortunately you would think so but the number of people who pirate higher priced apps is quite astounding. Personally out of my ring of friends and my gf the highest price paid i think was 9.99 for Crystal Defenders (my bestfriend who is a hardcore gamer had it on 360 so he decided to get it for his 3GS) and Sonic the Hedgehog which was like 4.99. Everyone else sticks to the free/99c/jailbreak.
post #61 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I think Apple is concerned about the fast growing App Store. This is why they are coming with the in app purchase for free and paid apps. The number of apps is growing so fast and Apple can't close the door now but they can improve the the app store. I a sure that the developers with low app sale figures won't pay the $99 a and just quit.

Duh- that's a given. We've been saying all morning long that the number of apps means nothing- its the qualiity which is sorely lacking. And the censorship BS for the developers is pushing many to other venues.
post #62 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

This falls hand and hand with lack of advertising. A developer trying to reach out to a new user wont have a way to do so because there is so much, their app will most likely fail. It's already a form of Russian Roulette if you'll make any decent money from the App Store now. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but take a look at the TV, i see people advertising their own iPhone app there because its the only way you can reach the masses. I had to say give in to advertising but there should be a smart way (a GENIUS way possibly?) to hone in on apps we make like due to downloaded apps or maybe preferences we have set through idk your apple profile.

This is different from "every other thing for sale in the world" how, exactly? Does Adobe sell a lot of software because Best Buy plasters their ads around the premises? Do purveyors of gadgets expect to be able to put up banners at Amazon?

Developers aren't precluded from advertising, or doing any promotional work they want, they just can't do it in the App Store. Seems like a lot of people are pretty use to figuring out the particulars of what they want by taking a look around, then purchasing it online or at a brick and mortar store.

How about music or books? How does the little guy cut through the clutter there?

Just as their are smaller outfits with limited exposure that must do aggressive promotion to get some mind share everywhere else, so it is with the App Store. It's unreasonable to expect Apple to run ad campaigns in addition to providing the bandwidth and infrastructure.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #63 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

You most likely fall under 10% of users who follow a developer or read app reviews. Most people i know get apps on impulse or they see it via TV commercial (hi pizza hut) or from a friend.

The reviews are just one form of “word of mouth”. I know a lot people who read the reviews, but mainly they are people like me who are into tech adn science and so they have sites Gizmodo and MacWorld in their RSS so they come across these apps. Sometimes, it’s also just a Google search away to finding a specific type of app. I agree that it needs to be better, but I disagree that it’s tough to find what you need. There is also App Genius, which is off to a good start.

How I easily buy apps from websites…



Quote:
Unfortunately you would think so but the number of people who pirate higher priced apps is quite astounding. Personally out of my ring of friends and my gf the highest price paid i think was 9.99 for Crystal Defenders (my bestfriend who is a hardcore gamer had it on 360 so he decided to get it for his 3GS) and Sonic the Hedgehog which was like 4.99. Everyone else sticks to the free/99c/jailbreak.

I have bought a lot of app for <$5 for my iPhone. I’m certain I’ve spent more on iPhone apps than I have buying apps for my Macs over the years. Most of this is due to the fact that I by a new Mac about every year or so so I don’t have to spend on updating the OS or iLife, and have no need for use of any professional apps outside of trial versions (and usually know how to restart the trial period).

As for the expensive apps, I did test TomTom app by installing a pirated version. I would have paid for it if I had liked it, mainly because I have the money and it’s just easier for me if I were to continue to use it. I didn’t see anything that my TomTom appliance offered so I deleted it. I really do think a trial period is necessary. Other mobile app stores have one. Again, I think it should be developer set, so it’s not an option unless the dev wants to offer it.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #64 of 90
Wired has a good PoV on why quantity is important to the future of the App Store and the future of quality apps.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/...tories+2%29%29
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #65 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Wired has a good PoV on why quantity is important to the future of the App Store and the future of quality apps.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/...tories+2%29%29

One would think the "premium" company would be more interested in quality rather than quantity then again McDonalds thinks it sells premium hamburgers too.
post #66 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Wired has a good PoV on why quantity is important to the future of the App Store and the future of quality apps.
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/...tories+2%29%29

From the linked article: "...BulletFlight, an app for military snipers to calculate ballistics."

Good God, there's an app for that?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #67 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

From the linked article: "...BulletFlight, an app for military snipers to calculate ballistics."

Good God, there's an app for that?

That's the Apple censorship board "going rogue".
post #68 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Duh- that's a given. We've been saying all morning long that the number of apps means nothing- its the qualiity which is sorely lacking. And the censorship BS for the developers is pushing many to other venues.

And how do you think you can get quality apps genius?

The market will correct itself. Quality apps will continue to sell while crap apps will slowly disappear because of very low or nonexistence demand. Every developer need to pay $99 a year to keep his app in the app store and once he stop paying the annual fee his app will be removed.

If you have a better system please share it with us instead of whining about it.
post #69 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

And how do you think you can get quality apps genius?

The market will correct itself. Quality apps will continue to sell while crap apps will slowly disappear because of very low or nonexistence demand. Every developer need to pay $99 a year to keep his app in the app store and once he stop paying the annual fee his app will be removed.

If you have a better system please share it with us instead of whining about it.

Well why do they need to pay $99/year? Who madeup that rule? Does Bono pay iTunes money every year to sell his music? NOoo.
Once that fee's not paid my app gets zapped once I run an update?
post #70 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Well why do they need to pay $99/year? Who madeup that rule? Does Bono pay iTunes money every year to sell his music? NOoo.

When Bono gets audio production tools for free form Apple then they can start charging artists $99 a year for selling music on their store. Simply amazing that you cant see any difference between musicians, their production companies, the iPhone SDK and the various virtual stores Apple runs.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #71 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

When Bono gets audio production tools for free form Apple then they can start charging artists $99 a year for selling music on their store. Simply amazing that you can’t see any difference between musicians, their production companies, the iPhone SDK and the various virtual stores Apple runs.

Why must you always pop up like a genie in a bottle and answer for nasser? are you his second head?
You still haven't answered my 2nd question. What's simply astounding is that you can't differentiate between the need for Quality apps over the quantity of the apps.
post #72 of 90
Why are people still talking to this guy? I have ignore on but I can see the quoted remarks, they're predictably contentious without adding anything to the conversation.

The quicker everybody gets on the ignore train, and sticks with it, the quicker he'll either amend his ways or move on.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #73 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Well why do they need to pay $99/year? Who madeup that rule? Does Bono pay iTunes money every year to sell his music? NOoo.
Once that fee's not paid my app gets zapped once I run an update?

Apple made that rule not me. Maybe you should fly to CA for the next Apple shareholder meeting and ask SJ yourself if you really want an answer.

You still didn't answer my question on how do you think we get quality apps in the app store?
post #74 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Apple made that rule not me. Maybe you should fly to CA for the next Apple shareholder meeting and ask SJ yourself if you really want an answer.

You still didn't answer my question on how do you think we get quality apps in the app store?

Dude, you're doing it wrong.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #75 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

You still haven't answered my 2nd question. What's simply astounding is that you can't differentiate between the need for Quality apps over the quantity of the apps.

Bloody hell, how did you get off my ignore list.

It has been answered several times. Your assumption that a larger number of products means that there is a smaller number of quality products is erroneous. In fact, the more competition there is the more likely well see quality product crop up to differentiate themselves. Of course, quality tends to take more than time that cheap crap and the store is quite new. Weve already seen some very high quality products appear, which have been expressed in this very thread and many others since the store appears.

Youve been given yet another nugget of truth which youll likely not comprehend. Back to the ignore list with you.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #76 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Dude, you're doing it wrong.

Can you remind me again how to add him to my ignore list?!

Edit: Oh.. Solipsism already has it in his sig
post #77 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Bloody hell, how did you get off my ignore list.

In fact, the more competition there is the more likely well see quality product crop up to differentiate themselves.

The very article that you linked us to backs me up on that very point. End of story- waste of my time.
post #78 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Why are people still talking to this guy?

I think I undid it when I was using my iPhone earlier. Since there is so many replies to his idiocy I didnt even realize it until after I posted. Lets chock it up to a bout of temporary Teckstudtardism.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #79 of 90
I'm guilty of the occasional peak myself, and the inevitable desire to speak truth to stupid.

It's like having a little box in the corner that you know is just filled with bile and nonsense, but you can't resist lifting up the lid from time to time.

Still, nothing compares to the odd serenity brought on by cruising through a thread with all those hidden comments, when nobody is rising to the bait.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #80 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Apple made that rule not me. Maybe you should fly to CA for the next Apple shareholder meeting and ask SJ yourself if you really want an answer.

You still didn't answer my question on how do you think we get quality apps in the app store?

1.) By not numerically counting them as if that's significant.
2.) Not calling games and widgets apps- call them for what they are.
3.) Stop with the censorship- make it open.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple predicted to offer 300,000 iPhone apps, tablet in 2010