or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › can i put my existing hard drive into a new MBP?

can i put my existing hard drive into a new MBP?

post #1 of 3
im trading up my plastic macbook for a 13" MBP.

instead of cloning my existing drive, will it work fine if i just take it out and put it into the MBP?

thanks.
"Stay hungry, stay foolish."
"Stay hungry, stay foolish."
post #2 of 3
just use the migration assistant to copy data over. all you need is a firewire cable. don't use old hard disks.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

just use the migration assistant to copy data over. all you need is a firewire cable. don't use old hard disks.

Hey, same here, though from my 2006 black MB to a 2009 MBP , though here the difference is that my hitachi 320 7200rpms is better than the 250gb 5400 that comes with the MBP, has anyone done that? im a bit worried since the hardware is way different (intel graphics / nvidia... / ddr2/3 etc.) i have experience with pc's in this matter... and its actually posible to do it
btw this is my first post here... hehehe maybe a bit hyper =P
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › can i put my existing hard drive into a new MBP?