or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AT&T warns of coming clamp-down on iPhone data hogs

AT&T warns of coming clamp-down on iPhone data hogs - Page 3

post #81 of 213
Where to begin???

druble - Your obviously a windows/pc lover .....so why are you posting on APPLEinsider?? If you hate "Fanboys" who love macs so much, why are you here on a MAC driven website?

Further more....Why are we "fanboys" & "whiners" because we want WHAT WE AGREED TO IN THE CONTRACT.

IF at&t said, "Ok here is a data plan chart choose one..." and the highest amount available was 5gb....I would not have bought the phone! I bought the phone BECAUSE it was unlimited!

And for those that want a tiered price system.....someone already said it here....but that tier will START @ 30.00 a month.....YOU WATCH!

If they want to change the plan later, then fine, but for the next two years I get UNLIMITED data for $30.00...and for those that want to say I am WHINING.....PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, lets write up a contract together, agree on the terms, then I will change those terms a day later, but I don't want to hear a peep out of you! Lets make it something good to....like, your mortgage! I'm sure people would be just fine if mortgage contracts were changed at the last minute!!

and really lets be honest here....EVERYONE, Comcast/Verizon/ATT/TMobile they ALL charge WAY TOO MUCH for broadband access. $40.00 a month for home broadband is a completely rip off. Why is it a rip off? Think about it.....when broadband started being offered everywhere, about 9 years ago (roughly) the price was 40.00.....now here we are almost 10 years later with TWICE the amount of people using it, and that cost can't come down? Remember when dial up used to cost 29.99 a month? Now its practically free...in some cases completely free.....but still broadband does not budge!
post #82 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Don't bet on it...

A friend of mine had Altell Unlimited $49.00 way, way back when. Too many people took up on the offer and went wild on the minutes because she got a letter from Altell stating that they were changing the Plan. When she called to complain, she was told by Altell "Tough Cookies, Your Plan IS Changed!"

She canceled (without penalty since Altell breached) and went with another carrier.

Should this come to fruition, I hope you and everyone on the plan has better luck then my friend, but don't count on it. Sure you can have a class action suit followed by appeals from both sides, but I'm just passing on from what my friend experienced is all. Besides AT&T doesn't have to worry about rankings amongst the cell phone carriers since they are already last...

I remember that. The fine print says they can change the plans at any time since the contract is to hold you to the plan not the other way around. But if they essentially rip up the contract then you no longer are tied to that contract by law. Ive seen it work for and against consumers. For being ones that wanted to switch carriers but didnt want to incur a cancelation fee.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #83 of 213
I actually wouldn't mind a tiered pricing plan if it meant that I paid less than $30/month. I've had my iPhone 3GS for a little less than 6 months and I barely even put a dent in my "unlimited" data plan:

post #84 of 213
Is AT&T unlimited, really "unlimited" as in no fine print, etc. If so, they really don't have a leg to stand on. If an electricity company is stupid enough to provide an unlimited service, they deserve to go bankrupt.

"Unlimited" actually devalues the service being provided, which is AT&T's bandwidth. Hence the outcry.
post #85 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

Those people are taking no more than what they have already bought and paid for. Why do you call them greedy?

Would you be happy if a bus company dropped you off 100 miles from your destination? If other people wanted your seat, would you be greedy in expecting to get what you paid for?

Buses don't offer a "ride forever for one price" policy. You pay more to ride from SF to NY than you would to ride from SF to Sacramento. Even transportation systems that have an 'unlimited ride' option have a time limit on that.
And just try parking your butt in an 'all you can eat' buffet for a week and see how that turns out.
Enjoy the 'unlimited' while it lasts. Lots of things start out cheap, but ultimately reality and the market win.
post #86 of 213
This will be the thing that finally exhausts my patience with ATT. I'll miss the iPhone, and I hope Apple allows it on other networks. But, if not I can and will live with android.
post #87 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Exactly how many customers do you think will leave AT&T if they change their data structure for the iphone? I truly believe only the data hogs will be the ones crying and having a fit at the end of the day, just like they are right now. If AT&T starts doing data tiers for smartphones that will be a big plus in my book and a huge selling point PAY FOR WHAT YOU NEED, if you need to hoard a ton of data, guess what? You gotta pay for it.

I agree. I think the number of customers who will leave AT&T will be less than the number who will finally buy the iPhone, if there is a cheaper data plan available (for low data usage).
post #88 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

A true moron would agree to pay extra when they signed a contract that included unlimited data.

Exactly what is an iPhone user's 'contract' with AT&T? (Not being facetious.)
Is the 2 year lock-in the same as a 2 year contract? Are they required to not increase our plan rate at all? I tend to doubt it.

If anyone can de-legalize the actual contract we sign it would actually add value to this conversation.
post #89 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmsngr View Post

and really lets be honest here....EVERYONE, Comcast/Verizon/ATT/TMobile they ALL charge WAY TOO MUCH for broadband access. $40.00 a month for home broadband is a completely rip off. Why is it a rip off? Think about it.....when broadband started being offered everywhere, about 9 years ago (roughly) the price was 40.00.....now here we are almost 10 years later with TWICE the amount of people using it, and that cost can't come down? Remember when dial up used to cost 29.99 a month? Now its practically free...in some cases completely free.....but still broadband does not budge!

The cost-per-Mbps has gone down considerably over the years. My throughput has increased to 40Mbit from 1.5Mbps when I first got it. On top of that, my usage has increased many, many times. Ive even gotten calls asking me to use less. Apparently over 1TB in a month sends up a flag. Oops!
post #90 of 213
duplication... yikes
post #91 of 213
Quote:

Cool! I'd like to revise the contract too!

I'd like to change the price I pay. Indeed, I'd like to state a certain fee limit per month, and remove all the existing verbiage about fees. I REALLY want to be nice, so I'll allow ATT to opt out of the new contract by breaking it with no fee!

Does that sound fair to you? If not, why can the other party to the contract (ATT) change the terms that they have agreed to previously?

I think you missed my point... I'm not defending ATT, just giving an idea as to how to go about it all. I agree with you!

Anyhow, as I said, if ATT wants to change the contract, then the people in the contract should be able to get out of it without any kind of termination fee. Though, I like your idea better of the customers should charge a "find new carrier" fee for ATT suddenly changing the terms of the contract. That would be REALLY nice. Never gonna happen though.
Go Linux, Choose a Flavor!
"I aim to misbehave"
Go Linux, Choose a Flavor!
"I aim to misbehave"
post #92 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinney View Post

I agree. I think the number of customers who will leave AT&T will be less than the number who will finally buy the iPhone, if there is a cheaper data plan available (for low data usage).

I really wish they would go into a pricing structure, it would really change the game for a lot of people. A pricing structure or a pay 1 dollar per 200MB would be a huge godsend (2GB for 10 bucks, 6GB for 30 bucks is more than enough unless you are a data hog and still more than the 5GB Verizon offers). Numerous people would step up to a smartphone but companies like RIM would suffer unless the base price for a blackberry was 10 bucks to cover BIS subscription.

Bandwith Hogs your days should have been numbered a long time ago. You use more you pay more, its a simple concept.
post #93 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQB View Post

Exactly what is an iPhone user's 'contract' with AT&T? (Not being facetious.)
Is the 2 year lock-in the same as a 2 year contract? Are they required to not increase our plan rate at all? I tend to doubt it.

If anyone can de-legalize the actual contract we sign it would actually add value to this conversation.

You can pull it up online. Its to lock you in, not lock them into anything. There are certain generalized things they agree to, but as strict as people are expecting on this thread.
post #94 of 213
I am paying AT&T for an UNLIMITED data plan. AS ADVERTISED.

I bought an iPhone to surf the web, stream music and videos and use maps and GPS, AS ADVERTISED.

What did they think I would do with it? Just talk on the phone?

Wake up AT&T in is nearly 2010! Hello Verizon!
post #95 of 213
For everyone saying that Verizon couldn't handle it either: That's why the phone should be available on every network. Put it on one exclusive (crappy) network and what do you expect? I despise ATT for hamstringing my iPhone, but the buck really stops with Apple here.
post #96 of 213
Quote:

Those people are taking no more than what they have already bought and paid for. Why do you call them greedy?

Why not?! The Obama administration calls the Wall Street guys greedy and the rich that don't give more of what they earn to Big Government by means of taxation as greedy. This is the same administration that gave us a "Pay Czar" that restricted CEO's of pay that the public company he worked for was contractually obligated to!

And don't give me that crap about taking TARP money. Some financial companies didn't want it in the first place and were forced by the administration to take it.

Besides, if the CEO needed to be replaced (as in the firing of GM's CEO, or negotiations needed to dealt with as in lower paying contracts), it would be up to the Board of Directors of the public company! Not some sycophant dweeb "Czar" from this incompetent administration who, if anybody out there needs replacing...!

IF Apple wants true customer satisfaction, when their NC server facility is finished, take over the data means from the carrier and figure a way to stream from that so called cloud the iPhones data demand. If that can be done? Otherwise besides AT&T, Verizon is going to call you greedy and restrict and T-Mobile and Sprint is going to call you greedy and restrict and like Global Warming, you don't have to believe in the "numbers" to be adversely affected by it in some measure!

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

post #97 of 213
Many people bring up valid points, and I know that ATT cannot snap their fingers and magically upgrade their network. BUT… A contract is a contract. The decided to charge $30 for unlimited data, and they hold you to that contact for 2 years. That is the agreement that is made with each user. So if I choose to stream Pandora 24/7/365 it is my privilege and right to do so because I have paid ATT for that right.

ATT must have known about the App store before the 3G iPhone came out, and they must have known the types of Apps Apple was going to allow. So they knew very well the type of data usage they would be experiencing. Heck I am sure they knew about the 3G iPhone before the original iPhone came out. This was no big surprise. As for the phenomenal success, ATT knew and was counting on the phenomenal sales the subsidized 3G iPhone was going to bring in. Ok I will be a bit more realistic, maybe they didn’t know with 100% certainty, but I bet you they were pretty close, and based on how poorly their network has performed, they were way off mark with what they could handle, and what they promised.

If you ask me, this is a simple case of greed, especially on ATT’s part. They wanted the iPhone all for themselves. Once they have you, are you going to leave? Even after your 2 years is up, the phone is still locked to ATT.

Would this even be an issue if the iPhone was released on multiple carriers? This way every network would have to share a piece of the burden. But ATT did not and does not want it, so sorry… You sold people a contract that stated unlimited data for $30/month. Deal with it…
post #98 of 213
Fuck AT&T. I cannot WAIT to ditch them, their shitty network and their abominable service.
post #99 of 213
I don't see any difference between what is being done now and what happened when at&t first came out with DSL they sold it as High Bandwidth and then wanted to cut it down when everyone signed on, I know because I was one of the 3% early adopters. After getting onto the forums and raising cane about it the early adopters were grandfathered to the higher rates, that is until you moved or interrupted your service for any reason.
I'm not against a company making money or paying for improvements but I don't care for the attitude that this okay by any means. I'm saying just give the iPhone to any carrier and get some competition, instead of putting it out there and letting everyone else copy the work that apple has done. The iPhone is not the bandwidth problem the network is, do you think the Droid is any less of a bandwidth hog?
post #100 of 213
Well, I've had my iPhone for 28 months now and in that time I have consumed 1.7GB of data sent and received. I don't know though if App/iTunes purchases count towards that though...

I wouldn't mind a tiered price where I could get 1GB a month for $10 that were the case.
post #101 of 213
I am not one of the 3% people; I am not even an AT&T customer, but I just find this ridiculous.

AT&T advertises the iPhone plan with the words "unlimited data" but in reality there is a cap (I don't understand how this is possible in this lawsuit country). And now AT&T are trying to make other people hate the 3% people, who use what they are paying for.

"Oh, don't blame me or my network. Yes, I am advertising unlimited data but they are the ones who actually use unlimited data."

I really don't understand people here who try to rationalize what AT&T is doing and saying. Yes, they might not expect such a success with the iPhone. But at the same time they are also getting a big big unexpected revenue. We are going to see the 4th iPhone in about half a year and you are telling me it is acceptable that they are still trying to bring their network's performance up to par?

If your all-you-can-eat restaurant doesn't have enough food for all customers, don't blame the ones who eat the most; blame yourself because either you are incompetent or too greedy.
post #102 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSW View Post

No one could have predicted the astounding success of the iPhone or the impact on AT&T's network.

<sarcasm>
Yes. Nobody could have predicted that. It was a total surprise.
Nobody said the iPhone would be the ultimate phone. It never got the moniker "Jesus Phone".
Pundits weren't yapping about the iPhone's internet features for months prior to the iPhone launch.
There weren't thousands of articles on hundreds of sites and newspapers about how the iPhone might make AT&T's network collapse.
Nobody in the world thought that giving a bunch of geeks phones with a decent web browser & lots of other shiny internet-based features would cause them to *GASP* TRANSFER DATA!
</sarcasm>

I personally wasn't surprised when AT&T started crying about data usage, however my contract stipulates "unlimited" data usage. I expect AT&T to live up to that.

Note that my contract says nothing about the quality of that connection - it's a best-effort service on a good day. I fully expect my transfer speeds to be slow because of all the other bandwidth hogs on AT&T's wireless network, but I do expect to be able to use the connection, and transfer as much data of whatever type I desire across it.

I'm just sayin'...
post #103 of 213
Why do people keep repeating the same things?

If AT&T changes conditions to your contract you are free to leave with no ETF

The more bandwith you use, the more you pay. This is fair to consumers who use little (they are practically robbing people who use less than 1GB a month) and to those abusing the system eating 5-10GBs in a day.

AT&T service took a huge hit when the iphone came to 3G. When you have people abusing the service, its only natural there are going to be limits placed or tiers made.
post #104 of 213
Someone posted this article earlier on here, and this needs to be posted to EVERY forum talking about bandwidth...

http://gizmodo.com/5419179/is-the-bandwidth-hog-a-myth

This is the MOST telling part of the greed of coroporations:

For those service providers with data caps, these are usually set around 50 Gbyte and go up to 150 Gbyte a month. This is therefore a good indication of the level of bandwidth at which you start being considered a "hog". But wait: 50 Gbyte a month is 150 kbps average (0,15 Mbps), 150 Gbyte a month is 450 kbps on average. If you have a 10 Mbps link, that's only 1,5 % or 4,5 % of its maximum advertised speed!

And that would be "hogging"?

This is the same thing Comcast was trying to do with the NFL Network.....they claimed that since granny jones in MO. does not watch football, why should she incur the 2.50 charge added to her cable for the NFL Network.....HOWEVER.....if you asked MOST cable subscribers if they watch al 280+ channels they would say no! But if you said, hey do you want a la cart cable (possibly only having to pay for three of four channels) Most would say YES and comcast would lost Millions......

Same thing here, sure, some people use A LOT .....but on the flip side, some people use HARDLY ANY......so the money is accounted for either way. The Mega-user is cancelled out by the Mini-user. If you want to cry that you don't use that much and are still being charged....your an idiot for buying it in the first place! ATT no matter how much they claim, does not want a la cart data plans.....they would lose more from the mini-user than they would gain from the mega-users.
post #105 of 213
i've lately found myself wanting to waste a few hours and go into an at&t store in search of a new phone and plan for my family of two adults and four college-bound kids. get one or two of the sales guys to show me all their phones and explain all their features and explain all their data plans.

then tell them i have an unlimited amount of cash and get them to sign me up for the all you-can-eat family plans. they'd probably love to have a new customer who'd be paying several hundred bucks a month.

then when it comes time to commit i just throw a twenty on the counter and tell them that's my unlimited amount of money. 20 bucks a month. i can't imagine that when they heard me say unlimited they would actually believe it. they say it and it ain't true.

maybe we can have a national day of fuck-you-at&t. one or two people per store to do this scenario; to waste their time and get them to realize what a pain in the ass they are to their customers.
post #106 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr View Post

I am paying AT&T for an UNLIMITED data plan. AS ADVERTISED.

I bought an iPhone to surf the web, stream music and videos and use maps and GPS, AS ADVERTISED.

What did they think I would do with it? Just talk on the phone?

Wake up AT&T in is nearly 2010! Hello Verizon!

You are not the problem.
It is the 3% of users who are using 100X times as much data as you are.
I'm also sure the contract doesn't allow tethering and that is probably what the 3% are doing.
post #107 of 213
That's because you don't understand that no carrier literally offer "unlimited" data, they all have soft caps in the fine print of the contract. The soft cap is a contractual safeguard that helps the carrier take action if too many people hog bandwidth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALUOp View Post

AT&T advertises the iPhone plan with the words "unlimited data" but in reality there is a cap (I don't understand how this is possible in this lawsuit country). And now AT&T are trying to make other people hate the 3% people, who use what they are paying for.
post #108 of 213
AT&T doesn't have to change the contract, there already is a 5GB soft cap in the contract. The soft cap allows AT&T to discourage people who frequently exceed the 5GB cap.

Quote:

If AT&T changes conditions to your contract you are free to leave with no ETF
post #109 of 213

Quote:

AT&T service took a huge hit when the iphone came to 3G. When you have people abusing the service, its only natural there are going to be limits placed or tiers made.

AT&T advertises an unlimited service. UNlimited. WITHOUT limitation.
Transferring a terabyte of data in a month would not be "abusing" this service.
Transferring an exabyte of data a month would not be "abusing" this service.
Transfering a kilobyte of data a month would not be abusing this service.
post #110 of 213
iFail, please read the above article BEFORE you start carrying the flags of the mega-corporations who claim to be on your side.

They knew (att) what they were getting into with offering unlimited services.....they lured in consumers with a deal, and now they are pissed because they can't discriminate pricing on those same consumers. Would they have had the 3,000,000 new subscribers if they did not offer unlimited service? Maybe....or maybe not. I can only speak for myself in that I would not have done the deal. I have unlimited texting too....I would be one of the ones you claim are getting ripped off since I only text about 150 times a month.....but I never want to have to keep track of it and possibly go over, so I pay more a month to not have to worry about it. if they did not offer $30 for unlimited (or charged more for unlimited) I would have stuck with my non-internet phone. But I did not want to worry about "going over".

I think 30 for unlimited is more than fair.....now....if you want to add tiers below 30 then fine, but when my HOME internet costs 40 a month, how can you tell me 50 a month for mobile is fair?
post #111 of 213
AT&T has reported its 3G data usage has gone up 5000% year over year. I don't think your mini and max examples holds true in this situation.

Quote:

Same thing here, sure, some people use A LOT .....but on the flip side, some people use HARDLY ANY......so the money is accounted for either way. The Mega-user is cancelled out by the Mini-user. If you want to cry that you don't use that much and are still being charged....your an idiot for buying it in the first place! ATT no matter how much they claim, does not want a la cart data plans.....they would lose more from the mini-user than they would gain from the mega-users.
post #112 of 213
Throttling is the simple solution.
They can continue to offer unlimited internet access but once you exceed a VERY HIGH threshold your connection is slowed down for the rest of the month.

This will not affect 97% of users.
If it does affect you, then good! You are using too much of MY bandwidth.
post #113 of 213
If you actually read the contract, no it is not unlimited without limitation. No mobile phone carrier offers unlimited with no limitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voretaq7 View Post

W
post #114 of 213
tenobell ....

you should read this article too when talking about "bandwitdth hogs"

post #115 of 213
This guy here has some insider info (claiming to be a former comcast employee)

this is a comment from the gizmodo article....all should read

Thangka
12/05/09

I can tell you, having worked as an systems engineer for a high profile MCSE contracting for and during Comcast's HSI rollout and afterward, the hog is a myth.

The closest you get (if significant bandwidth 'hogging' is to even be observed) to a hog is like a *herd* of feral hogs, thousands strong. And one of the herd may be a hog one month and not the next. Some a chronic hogs, but they are still drops in the bucket. Go after one of them is like trying to swat a bee in a swarm chasing you (sorry for mixed metaphors).

The reality is that blaming the end user is a cheap shot, an easy target for providers who haven't scaled their service in proportion to their user base. And it's ironic, because their high speeds and constant access were the selling points, the opiates that got people addicted to the web in the first place. And now that people are addicted, they want to pretend it's not their fault for selling HSI 'high speed, always on, unlimited usage' and having people actually taking them up on that.

If there are local problems, it is the industry's shortcoming. Period. Comcast has more money than they know what to do with, for example. There is no reason they can't scale up burdened areas. The backbones aren't the bottleneck.
post #116 of 213
Of course they knew what they were doing when they started - the phone companies have been complaining for years now that they have bought more bandwidth than people were using and it was costing them big time. They were desperate to encourage people to use bandwidth (and pay for it) - hence all the music services etc.

The the iPhone comes along and makes consuming data into a good experience and now they're running scared because they don't have enough bandwidth. Somehow I feel they shouldn't be allowed to have this both ways.

Anyway the solution is obvious - charge people $5 per 500 MB per month with a maximum of $30. This incentivizes people to use less bandwidth (and encourages many people to get a new iPhone probably) but doesn't change the terms on any established users. They could probably get away with a $50 cap for new contracts without upsetting many.
post #117 of 213
This article is a theory devoid of any real information to apply that theory. That article has no real information about AT&T's current situation. They have no proof if the lesser 3G user off set the heavy users.

I can tell you this past summer in the middle of the day in Manhattan, AT&T 3G was useless. It was because every other person is using an iPhone.

Quote:

tenobell ....

you should read this article too when talking about "bandwitdth hogs"

post #118 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALUOp View Post

If your all-you-can-eat restaurant doesn't have enough food for all customers, don't blame the ones who eat the most; blame yourself because either you are incompetent or too greedy.

Or just stop being an all-you-can-eat restaurant when the regular customers aren't happy with the resulting quality due to a wrong mixed calculation and look for alternative offers.
Hm, I missed the exclusive contract thing in the US.

Perhaps the end of exclusivity could be a chance for AT&T...
post #119 of 213
I smell class action lawsuit
post #120 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

AT&T doesn't have to change the contract, there already is a 5GB soft cap in the contract. The soft cap allows AT&T to discourage people who frequently exceed the 5GB cap.

Thats only for the data cards they use for wifi, not the iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by voretaq7 View Post

When your usages effects 80+ million customers from being able to enjoy the network due to your rampant use it abuses the service.

Quote:

iFail, please read the above article BEFORE you start carrying the flags of the mega-corporations who claim to be on your side.

They knew (att) what they were getting into with offering unlimited services.....they lured in consumers with a deal, and now they are pissed because they can't discriminate pricing on those same consumers. Would they have had the 3,000,000 new subscribers if they did not offer unlimited service? Maybe....or maybe not. I can only speak for myself in that I would not have done the deal. I have unlimited texting too....I would be one of the ones you claim are getting ripped off since I only text about 150 times a month.....but I never want to have to keep track of it and possibly go over, so I pay more a month to not have to worry about it. if they did not offer $30 for unlimited (or charged more for unlimited) I would have stuck with my non-internet phone. But I did not want to worry about "going over".

I think 30 for unlimited is more than fair.....now....if you want to add tiers below 30 then fine, but when my HOME internet costs 40 a month, how can you tell me 50 a month for mobile is fair?

Thats your fault you pay an extra 20 bucks a month for what you dont need. What sucks is the fact people abusing their services makes the 100 dollars a month i spend for AT&T just completely reek and i dont even use an iPhone! I dont like AT&T service as much as the next but lets be real here, the issues comes not only from iphone users but most ABUSERS.

I'm not chanting for the mega corp but when 3% of your users eat nearly half your available bandwith that is not fair to the 80+ million people who pay for the same damn service and not expect to get atleast one dropped call a day or have their network flipflop from 3G to Edge (and in turn kill the battery of the phone sooner cause its constantly searching for 3G). I expect them to come in and say "enough is enough" and get a handle on some things.

You are clearly someone who most likely uses more than their fair share of the internet (you sound like it). Im sure your parents taught you that if you abuse something, it gets taken away. They could put a 5GB cap and i wouldnt care, they could do tiered pricing and id probably be happy if it brings my bill down, but if them making YOU PAY MORE FOR YOUR USAGE improves my network, then i'm all for it
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AT&T warns of coming clamp-down on iPhone data hogs