or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple said to be looking into reported iTunes 9 iPod sync issues

Apple said to be looking into reported iTunes 9 iPod sync issues - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Your basic point is that you are so bunged up, if someone stuck a lump of coal up your butt out a diamond would pop. That is your basic point.

Sew ef yew thenk Appel is sutch en awfel cumpiny. Wy du yu cuntinue tu by they're producks?
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motlee View Post

Sew ef yew thenk Appel is sutch en awfel cumpiny. Wy du yu cuntinue tu by they're producks?

I do not think I once said they are a bad company, I think I said that they have left consumers behind before and are like all the other companies. Contrary to the belief of many on this board, Apple IS about making money and they do not walk on water. What better way to push consumers to new products, make the old ones obsolete. Of course some are so blinded by their Applezoid mentality that there is no way Apple could ever do something like that. Just stick your head back in the sand and let Steve take all your money, he counts on people like you. I buy what makes sense and have excepted the fact that companies do not want me to hang on to products for 10 years. They want me to buy their products over and over again and if they need to nudge me along they will, hense the synching issues, I am sure not an accident.
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

I do not think I once said they are a bad company, I think I said that they have left consumers behind before and are like all the other companies. Contrary to the belief of many on this board, Apple IS about making money and they do not walk on water. What better way to push consumers to new products, make the old ones obsolete. Of course some are so blinded by their Applezoid mentality that there is no way Apple could ever do something like that. Just stick your head back in the sand and let Steve take all your money, he counts on people like you. I buy what makes sense and have excepted the fact that companies do not want me to hang on to products for 10 years. They want me to buy their products over and over again and if they need to nudge me along they will, hense the synching issues, I am sure not an accident.

So in your opinion, what do you feel is an adequate time frame for a company to support a product whether obsolete or not? Just curious. I do in fact realize that Apple is a business and is in that business to make money, nor do I believe they are perfect. What I don't subscribe to are conspiracy theories that companies like Apple build in obsolecense. If that were the case why would they offer replacement batteries and out of warranty paid repair and replacements for their products? Wouldn't they instead just tell you to go buy the latest and greatest? Maybe I just think better of people and companies than I should. You may be absolutely correct.
post #44 of 44
They simply update their line with exciting features and upgrades, like the 27" iMac. People aren't buying these because they want Snow Leopard. They purchase them because they are beautiful, valuable, powerful and exciting.

Trust me, as popular as Snow Leopard has been, people don't just dump a perfectly good G5 because they can't upgrade the OS. Also, there isn't any reason to. If the computer continues to serve a real need, then it should be used.

That being said, unless we want code bloat and Windows-esque issues to develop, there is no reason to support 4+ year old hardware at this time; especially if said machines still perform great, serve a real need and are not part of a transition that is only going to benefit end-users in the longterm.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple said to be looking into reported iTunes 9 iPod sync issues