or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google issues custom unlocked phones ahead of rumored Jan. launch

Google issues custom unlocked phones ahead of rumored Jan. launch - Page 7

post #241 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Ive seen the demos at conventions, Ive played with them. I see nothing more than a gimmick. adding touchscreen capabilities to a desktop OS does not equate to making the display a good input device. The OS needs to be rewritten to be usable in that way the way the iPhones button are designed to be clickable with fingers. This is why I think any Apple tablet will not be using Mac or iPhone OSes, but a new OS that has elements of both but designed specifically for a 1handheld,lap or tabled 10 device that you primarily use with your fingers.

The best Ive seen is the HP TouchSmart PC which actually uses a new interface for interacting with your fingers, but that is still requiring the use to keep their arms up with using the device. SUch a device is designed for all day use. The biggest drawback is not with their UI but with the speed of the transitions and the bad choice of touchscreen technologies, which I think used beams of IR light in an x/y grid pattern to locate coordinates via interruptions.
http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/touchsmart/ The ModBook is a complete mess to me since its just Mac OS X.

Yeah, we actually had one of those HPs in our office not long ago.

Definitely not for everyone, and not for every task. But there is some potential waiting to be discovered.

I'm also waiting for opportunity to see little Asus EeePC with touch screen... I think it is T91 or something like that. In it's tablet form it could make decent eBook/Comics/... reader, while still having keyboard for an odd email or two. Contrary to large desktop touch screen, I can see myself using something like this little netbook.
post #242 of 304
Quote:

Do we also count the Touch since it runs iPhone OS as well as anything based off of Android, including PMPs and netbooks?

I wouldn't, but you might

All Android phones, even in different shapes, will have same OS and same core functionality - talk, txt, email, browse, organize etc.

While Touch does have same software as iPhone, core functionality is missing - no talk/txt/email/browse over mobile network. Considering that, I see it as much more different product to iPhone than different Android phones are between themselves.

Or, in short - it is not a phone.

Likewise, non-phone products with Android shouldn't qualify.
post #243 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Yes. What's your point?

The historical Jesus, or rather "Christus" as Tacitus, Suetonius and other Roman writers called him, did exist. Unfortunately, all we really know for sure is that he was born around Galilee during Tacitus' lifetime (reign of Nero), and that he was executed for causing disturbances. There is general scholarly agreement that Pilate was his judge. Those are really the only facts we have about him. As for the rest of the story, I really can't comment. The whole "Jesus as myth" thesis (which denies any existence of Jesus wholesale, historical or otherwise) is dead, and is not considered serious scholarship today. There was a historical "Jesus", but we know very little about him. Jesus was not important to the Romans of Tactius' day. He is barely a footnote in Tactitus' account of the imperial reign, for example. For the Romans, "Christus" was a common criminal and rabble-rouser. He was merely one of several on a list to be executed that day. That's it.

So all we really know is this:

"Jesus" was a real person, we know approximately when he was executed, and we know that Pilate (who did exist at the time) was his judge.

So... do you compare iPhone to Biblical Jesus, or to Roman Jesus..?
post #244 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

I was exaggerating to make my point. It's not that big of a deal.
post #245 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Tasteless.... And un-innovative

Secondary battery is great design, actually.
post #246 of 304
Quote:

Is this even the right arena for this?

If you believe that Jesus Christ is your lord and saviour then thats enough. Peoples personal walk with christ is their walk....

Steve Jobs is (from the last time I read) a buddhist.... I think it's more appropriate to say that GOD has blessed steve jobs with an ability to drive people around him to see his vision of what the computer/ digital music/ mp3 market should look like which in turn has inspired users to enjoy such GREAT PRODUCTS
Apple!

Think Different
Apple!

Think Different
post #247 of 304
Quote:

Secondary battery is great design, actually.

Why couldn't that battery be taken one step further?!.... Let's say instead of the secondary batter they took time to innovate and figure out a way to have one slim designed battery that acts as 2 batteries in one.... Or even better, come up with a hybrid (referring to how it functions) type battery!? why not the creators of the envy collaborate with a company thats ahead in battery technology that brings something more helpful to the user, in a tightly bundled package? ... That's what APPLE DOES DAILY, thats INNOVATION thats not stopping at design like the MBA but going beyond that. Even better the iMac design seeing it's evolution each year is amazing!
Apple!

Think Different
Apple!

Think Different
post #248 of 304
Quote:

I was exaggerating to make my point. It's not that big of a deal.

Beatles thought the same when they said they are more popular than Jesus.

Proven otherwise.

I am not religious, so I don't care... except that historical Jesus might have been an idealist who was used - if not sacrificed - by his more practical and opportunistic followers in order to boost their teaching... so basically, as I have already mentioned, a scapegoat, or martyr.

Hardly a parallel I'd like to apply to my iPhone.
post #249 of 304
Quote:

Is this even the right arena for this?

If you believe that Jesus Christ is your lord and saviour then thats enough. Peoples personal walk with christ is their walk....

Steve Jobs is (from the last time I read) a buddhist.... I think it's more appropriate to say that GOD has blessed steve jobs with an ability to drive people around him to see his vision of what the computer/ digital music/ mp3 market should look like which in turn has inspired users to enjoy such GREAT PRODUCTS

No, this is not the right arena for this

Anyway, I'm just replying. Opportunity for good discussion lies everywhere
post #250 of 304
Quote:

1) I don’t recall which carriers which means i could very well be incorrect. I’ll try to look later when I get some time.

2) BOGO works in some ways but I think ultimately excessive discounts are not a good thing your customer should expect before considering to make a purchase. Frankly I don’t understand the draw to get a “free’ phone but with two 24 month plans. The number would seem small but their sales seem to show that it’s working.

3) This thread is 250 posts now so some an alteration from the original post is not unwarranted, especially with so little to discuss about this “Google phone” . Just be glad we’re still talking about phones at all. So who do you think is going to win the World Cup next summer?

The 2 year requirement is what carriers go after. In a way, a phone without a service plan is kind of useless. But I kind of agree in a way with what you think of the 2 year plan requirement.

Think of the sales increase if carriers offered a free upgrade of your current phone with the addition of a new line. Or just not have a contract plan for the second one. You're already locked in with the first one so you're not going anywhere soon. We might just be onto something here...

Sadly, I haven't watched the World Cup for years. I'm going to say Germany just to stir up the hornet's nest. :P
\Apple has always had competition. It's just been in its blind spot.
post #251 of 304
Quote:

Why couldn't that battery be taken one step further?!.... Let's say instead of the secondary batter they took time to innovate and figure out a way to have one slim designed battery that acts as 2 batteries in one.... Or even better, come up with a hybrid (referring to how it functions) type battery!? why not the creators of the envy collaborate with a company thats ahead in battery technology that brings something more helpful to the user, in a tightly bundled package? ... That's what APPLE DOES DAILY, thats INNOVATION thats not stopping at design like the MBA but going beyond that. Even better the iMac design seeing it's evolution each year is amazing!

Well, from my point of view - having option to plug very discrete and well designed secondary battery is one step further than having only one battery
post #252 of 304
Quote:

When was the last time you saw a android commercial promoting it's feature of apps??

I just saw one tonight, about Google Street View with voice navigation. It was an ad more focused on apps than phone.
post #253 of 304
Quote:

Well, from my point of view - having option to plug very discrete and well designed secondary battery is one step further than having only one battery

True.. It's a start, though if I'm a Huge cooperation with millions to spend on R&D, I would definitely be taking pages out of Apple's book to contribute to society.

" Great artist steal, Bad artist copy " -Steve Jobs (Steve got the quote from pablo picaso)
Apple!

Think Different
Apple!

Think Different
post #254 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by technohermit View Post

I just saw one tonight, about Google Street View with voice navigation. It was an ad more focused on apps than phone.

WOW!! ... Must have spoke to soon
Apple!

Think Different
Apple!

Think Different
post #255 of 304
So I'm browsing around finding new information about the HTC Passion and came across some articles showing supposed pictures of the Nexus One (as Google calls it). All the articles with the leaked pictures are saying that it might be the HTC Passion.

But at the same time, I'm seeing lots of reports that Google isn't trying to make their own phone. That the whole "Google Phone" business is just them testing out the latest devices from other companies before they get released to the carriers.

Very interesting...
post #256 of 304
Quote:

WOW!! ... Must have spoke to soon

I was thinking that, though...you really couldn't give a damn about the phone watching the other numerous commercials about 60 different HTC versions and the Droid being "with Google". What else ya got guys?

Anyway, just for fun I looked through some stuff here on AI by searching "app store debut".
It's funny that before it's launch, people were so uninterested in it, and bitching more about cut/paste and MMS.

I am a little disappointed in Google for stealing ideas from Apple while sitting on the board, but it's inevitable in business. I am interested in what they may do to improve the model, though. I'd be even more disappointed in Google if they couldn't improve upon it.
post #257 of 304
Quote:

Actually I like Envy. Great stuff

Compare the 13" Envy to the 13" MacBook Pro. What the hell would make me want an Envy for $500 more, when it has the same processor, is only a little lighter, has no optical drive...

I asked the guy at the shop the same question, and he said, "Because it runs Windows!"

So now, apparently, there's a $500 "Windows tax."
post #258 of 304
Quote:

Tasteless.... And un-innovative

What is tasteless about it?
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #259 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I asked the guy at the shop the same question, and he said, "Because it runs Windows!"

That's usually a reason NOT to get something.
post #260 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianBob View Post

The 2 year requirement is what carriers go after. In a way, a phone without a service plan is kind of useless. But I kind of agree in a way with what you think of the 2 year plan requirement.

Think of the sales increase if carriers offered a free upgrade of your current phone with the addition of a new line. Or just not have a contract plan for the second one. You're already locked in with the first one so you're not going anywhere soon. We might just be onto something here...

Sadly, I haven't watched the World Cup for years. I'm going to say Germany just to stir up the hornet's nest. :P

Couldnt people just sell the second device if they didnt require a contract? I know Id never agree to that.

I recall reading that when the original iPhone, using the profit sharing model, was starting to go on sale in the UK, O2 was giving away Nokia N97s with am 18 or 24 month contract. I recall reading about people selling these pricey devices to cover some or part of the costs of buying the original iPhone.

Im an optimist and tend to go for the underdog so Ill say the US in 2010

Quote:

Compare the 13" Envy to the 13" MacBook Pro. What the hell would make me want an Envy for $500 more, when it has the same processor, is only a little lighter, has no optical drive...

For the price it fails big time, and the trackpad has the great HW aspects of MBPS but really poor drivers that have reviewer stating that you have to use an external mouse to make a useful system. I love the manual on a 2GB SD card and lack of an optical drive, but the OS reinstall disc should have come on an 8GB SD card, though its possible MS wont allow that at this time. I also love the thin aux battery that fits underneath. I assume its Li-Poly yet still only gets what the MB gets with its single internal battery which is still thinner. HP rates their system at 18 hours with this extra battery. I really wish the metric type used was changed or at least noted so people could look up how vendors calculated the battery time.
post #261 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post

1.Then sooner or later the users start asking why do I need a track ball to navigate?
Why can't I just use my finger to get a magnifying bubble like the iPhone?

2.Why is Cut and Paste not as intuitive and simple as the iPhone?

Eh?

1. You don't have to use the tracball to navigate, it complements touch screen if you don't want to use two hands
2. Not as intuitive? Long pres, bubble and select text. Where's the difference?
post #262 of 304
Quote:

...except that historical Jesus might have been an idealist who was used - if not sacrificed - by his more practical and opportunistic followers in order to boost their teaching...

Ah, the Lamb of God thing... IMO Jesus knew exactly what he was doing and was well aware of the consequences.

But this, is for an entirely different thread.

Would I call the iPhone the Jesus phone? Heh, maybe not. Not because of principle but because I'd call it the God phone. From the Mind of the Divine into my blessed hands. Seriously at one stage I was feeling pretty meh about tech and phones but once the iPhone 3G was announced, I was like, "Damn, gotta check this out." And once it was in my hands... Well, the rest is history, as they say...

Again, totally off topic, but I never understood Christianity's focus on Jesus (Protestant) or Mary (Catholic) rather than the concept of the Trinity in its balanced form. It seems like God gets sloppy seconds after everyone has to pray and believe in Jesus or Mary.

Also, understanding the concept of Christ as a path not just a man is also somewhat missing from mainstream Church preachings. Ah who knows anyway, religion and spirituality is highly diverse nowadays and maybe I've missed something from Chapel/classes growing up in a Methodist (then a year of Lutheran) high school. Now I live in a Muslim country, my dad remains a Hindu and mom a Christian (Pentecostal, as I understand).
post #263 of 304
Quote:

Quote:

For the price it fails big time, and the trackpad has the great HW aspects of MBPS but really poor drivers that have reviewer stating that you have to use an external mouse to make a useful system. I love the manual on a 2GB SD card and lack of an optical drive, but the OS reinstall disc should have come on an 8GB SD card, though it’s possible MS won’t allow that at this time. I also love the thin aux battery that fits underneath. I assume it’s Li-Poly yet still only gets what the MB gets with it’s single internal battery which is still thinner. HP rates their system at 18 hours with this extra battery. I really wish the metric type used was changed or at least noted so people could look up how vendors calculated the battery time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post

Eh?

1. You don't have to use the tracball to navigate, it complements touch screen if you don't want to use two hands

I don't think I'm Envious at this stage, from the discussions, though the picture and the Envy website material looks interesting. ATI Mobility Radeon 4830 graphics with 1GB of DDR3 VRAM is nice too. I play games on a PC with an ATI 4830 512MB VRAM and it can do most games at 1920x1080p quite smooth (0x antialiasing).

But now when do I get mah ATI Mobility Radeon 5-series with 1GB of VRAM in a MacBook Pro which gives me 50% more performance than that Mobility 4830...
post #264 of 304
Quote:

That can change completely next quarter.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...ne-os-race.ars

The MS trolls and recently-banned love to quote from the prediction that Android will overtake iPhone in 2012. So I'll go right ahead and use it to show where RIM is headed. You accept one prediction from a source, you need to accept the other from the same source.

http://www.electronista.com/articles...re.in.3.years/

Sure it can..in whatever direction. But the sheet you presented doesn't provide any trends to back your claim, so it is just your gut feeling.
Here are few things you might consider if you plan to rethink your estimate :

- BB, even if it is one-trick-pony as you say, is accepted well by the enterprise. iPhone (as of now) is not. They need to crack this sphere to create any serious dent to BB.

- How many models of iPhone are available with HW keyboard ? ZERO. Believe it or not, there are people that actually prefer the HW keyboard no matter what Jobs says. Those won't switch. Both BB and Android has models with HW keyboard.

Also, the article you cited for the iPhone is far ahead in mobile usage, but it is tracked by Ads usage and many iPhone apps are Ad-supported...so it is no surprise they lead by the great margin. The real web usage data are probably not available, and you need to take these with grain of salt (although I like the mobile Safari in iPhone...)
post #265 of 304
Quote:

Its great how you are looking at this from only one perspective. Apples YoY marketshare percentage change is is 4.2% while RiMs is 4.8%, but that doesnt indicate each companies handset growth rate, which is important when determining their future potential.

Apple has a 49% growth rate while RiMs is 47%. So we have a valid worthwhile metric where Apple is growing faster than RiM YoY. Neither of these in and of themselves are indicative of anything in the future. We can speculate what is likely to happen but we would have to include other factors to do so.

I think RiMs BOGO and other revenue reducing tactics to push unit sales is important for determining what we may see for Q3-2010. With multi-touch capacitance touchscreens gaining in popularity I expect RiMs growth to start slowing and their revenue and profits to start stagnating if thy cant come out with a competing device for the consumer market. The Storm and Storm2 are not contenders.

No it is interesting to see how you look from your only one. If company X sells 10 units instead of 1 it makes for 1000% growth but they are still irrelevant. In absolute numbers, BB increased their lead over iPhone in the last year, so it is really funny for you to argue Apple is in great position to overtake BB. BB is accepted by the enterprise : if your employer choice of your next mobile is three models of BB, which iPhone will you choose ? The one you have to pay by yourself and use BB you get for free to fix that short leg of your table ?
post #266 of 304
Quote:

Eh?

Originally Posted by AppleSauce007
1.Then sooner or later the users start asking why do I need a track ball to navigate?
Why can't I just use my finger to get a magnifying bubble like the iPhone?
2.Why is Cut and Paste not as intuitive and simple as the iPhone?

Also, using the trackball is the only way how to navigate on some web pages that relly on distinguishing between element select and press (such as show the sub-menu)...yes, such pages exists and are impossible to use on iPhone.
post #267 of 304
Quote:

Tell me how much money can developers say their currently making or even had made before Apple stepped into the mobile app space?

APPLE HAS CREATED A COMPLETE ECOSYSTEM FOR DEVELOPERS

Android has not!! ... It may be a relevant SDK platform especially compared to the other tasteless software.

When was the last time you saw a android commercial promoting it's feature of apps??
How many Million Apps have users downloaded for android??
and the list goes on.... Apple does the WHOLE PACKAGE BETTER.... They actually get it right.... Android will be the next viable option for developers but in my eyes APPLE IS NUMERO UNO.

GOOGLE HASN'T FOCUSED ENOUGH TO PROMOTE AND GIVE DEVELOPERS THE FLEXIBILITY APPLE DOES

Why are you now talking about something completely different ? Are you out of arguments ? The original post of yours was about all those new great APIs of iPhone...where quite few of them were existing on Android for a long time.

But to your new topic : what is so different on that complete ecosystem Apple provides you from the one Android gives you ? The same SDK, the same access to respective Market. Yes AppStore is (currently) bigger one, but what is the difference in completeness (except your application can be rejected from AppStore without reason) ?

I don't downplay the success of the AppStore, but if you are new developer planning for a start, what benefit is there for you that you compete against 100,000 other applications ? From those billions of downloads, how many are for free applications ? How many developers will never earn back the $99/year Apple charges them ? I would say it is quite a big part of them, it is not an automatic bonanza. The only immediate difference I see is AppStore offers international sales right now, but you can legally sell outside Android Market (using Premium SMS as your payment channel, if you prefer...)

And to your first question, there were serious money in the mobile application business even before rumors of first iPhone ever surfaced. I manage to live for entire decade living from what I earn from mobile applications, and we sold hundreds of thousands of copies of some of our titles.
post #268 of 304
Quote:

dear mr nikon sir
QUADRA 610 is not saying that the iphone is the jesus phone

quadra 610 and tens of thousand s of others have stated to call the iphone the jesus phone
i listen to 5 or 6 MAC related podcasts and all 6 six refer to the iphone 3GS as the jesus phone \\many bloggers also say the same thing .
it just kinda happened taht this term took off

NO ONE MEANS HARM TO JESUS OR JESUS LOVERS
NO ONE .

so stop the BS either you don't live in the apple world or you would know this or
you come from OUTSIDE the apple world and you choose to make a fuss about a term widely used . Simply get up to speed dude .again no one is attackimng your faith .

fine make a fuss
but go talk to MAC WORLD MAG or OS KEN mac podcast among dozens of others
LEAVE quadra 610 alone ..

INTENT FOR BAD IS NOT THERE

peace 9
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #269 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

dear mr nikon sir

quadra 610 and tens of thousand s of others have stated to call the iphone the jesus phone
i listen to 5 or 6 MAC related podcasts and all 6 six refer to the iphone 3GS as the jesus phone \\many bloggers also say the same thing .

NO ONE .

so stop the BS either you don't live in the apple world or you would know this or
you come from OUTSIDE the apple world and you choose to make a fuss about a term widely used . Simply get up to speed dude .again no one is attackimng your faith .

fine make a fuss

peace 9

Jeezus, man . . .
post #270 of 304
Quote:

True.. It's a start, though if I'm a Huge cooperation with millions to spend on R&D, I would definitely be taking pages out of Apple's book to contribute to society.

" Great artist steal, Bad artist copy " -Steve Jobs (Steve got the quote from pablo picaso)

Comes to tech, it is sometimes hard to say if someone is stealing or copying

Because taking pages from Apple, HP did. Envy is all metal (though not unibody) and does come closer to MPB much closer than any other HP. I've seen 13" and in real it looks nice - a bit slimmer than MBP, closer to Air actually.

Major caveat I have - here in NZ it costs NZ$3700-ish. Yes it has faster CPU, better graphics, more RAM and bigger HDD than basic MBP, but it lacks optical drive and is almost twice as expensive (13" MBP starting at NZ$2000). Which makes it pointless for me.

Still, I'm finding it important because it is right move in trying to return non-Apple notebooks in premium segment. If others follow, prices will go down quickly and design will improve further. And more competition (and more pressure on Apple) in premium market can't hurt Apple users as well.
post #271 of 304
Quote:

Much more than $500 here in NZ, sadly.

Seems HP is thinking in line of "we are the only one offering premium looking PC, so we can set our price anywhere we like".

Hey, I just said I like it - not that I'll buy it

Comes to ultra portable, I don't require anything more than something like Asus UL30A. Of course, that is only my personal preference.
post #272 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Ah, the Lamb of God thing... IMO Jesus knew exactly what he was doing and was well aware of the consequences.

But this, is for an entirely different thread.

Would I call the iPhone the Jesus phone? Heh, maybe not. Not because of principle but because I'd call it the God phone. From the Mind of the Divine into my blessed hands. Seriously at one stage I was feeling pretty meh about tech and phones but once the iPhone 3G was announced, I was like, "Damn, gotta check this out." And once it was in my hands... Well, the rest is history, as they say...

Again, totally off topic, but I never understood Christianity's focus on Jesus (Protestant) or Mary (Catholic) rather than the concept of the Trinity in its balanced form. It seems like God gets sloppy seconds after everyone has to pray and believe in Jesus or Mary.

Also, understanding the concept of Christ as a path not just a man is also somewhat missing from mainstream Church preachings. Ah who knows anyway, religion and spirituality is highly diverse nowadays and maybe I've missed something from Chapel/classes growing up in a Methodist (then a year of Lutheran) high school. Now I live in a Muslim country, my dad remains a Hindu and mom a Christian (Pentecostal, as I understand).

That is a bit contradictory - God, if you believe in one (or many) is above you, not in your hands

(Though now that I said that, can't avoid to reflect on Swedish Action Movies, where ladies usually say "Oh, my God!" when they take in their hands their partner's... um... never mind...)
post #273 of 304
Quote:

Comes to tech, it is sometimes hard to say if someone is stealing or copying

Because taking pages from Apple, HP did. Envy is all metal (though not unibody) and does come closer to MPB much closer than any other HP. I've seen 13" and in real it looks nice - a bit slimmer than MBP, closer to Air actually.

Major caveat I have - here in NZ it costs NZ$3700-ish. Yes it has faster CPU, better graphics, more RAM and bigger HDD than basic MBP, but it lacks optical drive and is almost twice as expensive (13" MBP starting at NZ$2000). Which makes it pointless for me.

Still, I'm finding it important because it is right move in trying to return non-Apple notebooks in premium segment. If others follow, prices will go down quickly and design will improve further. And more competition (and more pressure on Apple) in premium market can't hurt Apple users as well.

The Envys are impressive in many ways and there are several things I hope Apple adopts for the next MBPs, but for the price and lack of battery they are ultimately a bad buy for most.

The differences between the MBPs is pretty simple but the Envys are more diverse. The 13 Envy is more inline with the MBA. They use the same low-voltage CPU as the MBA.

The 15.6 Envy does have a quad-core Core i7 but I think that is a bad choice as the battery life is bad. They offer a external slab that attached underneath but that isnt included and it adds to that already 1.08 of that Envy.

I like the option for 2x 1.18 drives instead of one 2.5 drive but I dont know how marketable that is. I think Apple would go with the new Seagate singl-platter 2.5 HDD, which has a max of 250GB right now, than doing dual 1.8 drives.
post #274 of 304
Quote:

dear mr nikon sir

NO ONE .

fine make a fuss

peace 9

Dear Mr Brucep Sir,

I don't have faith or, to be more precise, I don't have faith in any "holy" book written by man.

I do, however, own iPhone 3Gs and like it a lot. I just don't like it in any religious way, I just like it as handy device that I have many uses for. But I also like my digital cameras, and my Logitech steering wheel, Victorinox Swiss Knife... and I wouldn't call any of them Jesus camera, Jesus knife (hm...) or Jesus wheel.

(Well, when I get home from work I tend to find divine qualities in my shower, but I'd rather call it Buda shower than Jesus shower anyway, as Buda was sort of more joyous dude.)

So when someone does, I'm curious to learn what divine inspiration he/she finds that iDon't. Pardon, that I don't. Likewise, I enjoy discussing with one of my mates who is devoted Christian and does see Bible as one and only truth.

And I really don't see where lies source of your problems, but I sincerely apologies if I managed to upset you in any way
post #275 of 304
Quote:

Jeezus, man . . .

Hard not to agree with you on this one...
post #276 of 304
Quote:

Eh?

1. Oh yeah? Can you accurately position your cursor between characters using a magnifying circular bubble?

2. Oh yeah? Can you accurately position your selection end points to cut, copy and paste text, images, contact objects etc..?

How consistent are these features across various android based phones?

Time will tell.
post #277 of 304
Quote:

Jeezus, man . . .

did i go to far ??

i sold my goog and will buy sbux
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #278 of 304
Quote:

Dear Mr Brucep Sir,

I don't have faith or, to be more precise, I don't have faith in any "holy" book written by man.

I do, however, own iPhone 3Gs and like it a lot. I just don't like it in any religious way, I just like it as handy device that I have many uses for. But I also like my digital cameras, and my Logitech steering wheel, Victorinox Swiss Knife... and I wouldn't call any of them Jesus camera, Jesus knife (hm...) or Jesus wheel.

(Well, when I get home from work I tend to find divine qualities in my shower, but I'd rather call it Buda shower than Jesus shower anyway, as Buda was sort of more joyous dude.)

So when someone does, I'm curious to learn what divine inspiration he/she finds that iDon't. Pardon, that I don't. Likewise, I enjoy discussing with one of my mates who is devoted Christian and does see Bible as one and only truth.

And I really don't see where lies source of your problems, but I sincerely apologies if I managed to upset you in any way

problems?? too many to count i was having a bad hair day >i guess and ranted on for a while sorry bout that i probably mis understood the whole shebang bet you and quasar anyway

sorry
as for your shower activities i will close my eyes and step away

peace dude
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #279 of 304
Quote:

problems?? too many to count i was having a bad hair day >i guess and ranted on for a while sorry bout that i probably mis understood the whole shebang bet you and quasar anyway

sorry
as for your shower activities i will close my eyes and step away

peace dude

Quote:

did i go to far ??

i sold my goog and will buy sbux

I have no idea what is going on here. brucep sounds like he is on one longggggg trip of some kind.
post #280 of 304
Quote:

"Change your company's name. Not that big of a deal."

Loving your signature though.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google issues custom unlocked phones ahead of rumored Jan. launch