or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google issues custom unlocked phones ahead of rumored Jan. launch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google issues custom unlocked phones ahead of rumored Jan. launch - Page 2

post #41 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

10,000 apps is pretty robust. In fact just means there are about 80,000 less junk apps.

25.000 moreles and a lot of crap like in Apple's App Store
post #42 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTel View Post

So OLED seems to be the rage, but reviews of the Zune HD state that it is awful out in the sun. You need to be in low lit rooms to really appreciate the technology. Is there any hope for OLED screens in holding up better in light similar to LCDs?

You cannot be any more wrong in your post. Most displays are horrible out in the direct sun. The iPhone and iPod displays are no exception. A display that is brighter than direct sunlight isn't something you'd want to look directly at anyway.

The Zune HD absolutely does not need a dark room to view. I have one and it's screen is magnificent in normal lighting. The OLED screen produces colors that are much more vibrant than other LED displays I can compared it to (my roommates' iPhones, for one). Pictures and video just look much better. In all light conditions. Except direct sunlight, where everything was washed out.

I feel like you got your information from that article that was released at AI attacking the Zune HD before it was released.
\Apple has always had competition. It's just been in its blind spot.
Reply
\Apple has always had competition. It's just been in its blind spot.
Reply
post #43 of 304
I've been using a G1 for some time, primarily because I have a cheap data/voice plan through TMobile.

The voice recognition app is miserable, it takes about 10 seconds to fire up, and immediately says "input not recognized"

I also love the comments on the phone stating it'll work on ATT & TMobile's 3G networks, yeah, I have to see that. Kudos if they have done it, but we'd know if someone had a chipset that covered ALL the frequencies for GSM.

The only network that encourages the use of an unsubsidized phone is TMobile, with slightly reduced rates for a non subsidized phone contract or a non contract line of service.

While I applaud Google attempting to make the wireless carriers dumb pipes, it's going to be very difficult to make their idea work. Verizon/ATT/Sprint are going to go with a non subsidized/captive model shortly after hell freezes over.
post #44 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I'm not seeing where any of this adds up to "Google phones", which is a term the article simply applies without credible reason.

What Google has actually said is that they're handing out HTC handsets to use as a testbed for new software features. That's it. Somehow we go from there to turning these HTC handsets into the fabled "Google phone", despite there being no evidence of that. At all.

I'm sure the HTC handsets are the latest and greatest, but things like OLED screens and Snapdragon processors aren't the result of Google magic, and there was no reason not to expect HTC to do anything but offer such hardware at some point.

Excellent post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post

Early builds of HTC Android 2.1 ROM's for the Hero has been leaked, so your point makes more sense

I was reading about that and thinking back to this thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

I have been reading about the Pixel Qi displays. They appear to have several advantages over OLED.

1) lower cost
2) lower power
3) both ePaper, and color video
4) can be used in bright sunlight as well as controlled light (outside and inside)
5) uses existing technologies rather developing/implementing new "molecules" from the ground up and new manufacturing lines to produce them
6) can be built with existing LCD manufacturing infrastructure-- further reducing costs and creating very small manufacturing ramp-up time (months instead of years).

Is anything currently using them now? Apple is often first to use a tech, just first to go all in and make it the new standard. Do you think this is viable for the iDevices being released starting next summer? What about for the mythical tablet since you mention ePaper? What are the drawback?
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #45 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I agree in the scope of things the iPhone is just a phone. Didn't cure cancer the last time I checked. If you put any more value on a cellphone you are the joke not me.

Taking a discussions about phones you are part of and then saying it doesnt cure cancer has got to be a variance of Godwins Law. If you really think that discussing tech and having a well thought position as to why one brand is better than another is so lowly then why are you even here engaging in the discussion and not trying to cure cancer.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #46 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I agree in the scope of things the iPhone is just a phone. Didn't cure cancer the last time I checked. If you put any more value on a cellphone you are the joke not me.

No, all it did was set the standard in web browsing, integration and ease of use for the laymen.

You know how imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? As in the Google Phone, the Windows phone, Nokia's "attempts" at trying to make an interface that doesn't need a stylus (that N900 doesn't have a capacitive screen - FAIL).
post #47 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Excellent post.


I was reading about that and thinking back to this thread.



Is anything currently using them now? Apple is often first to use a tech, just first to go all in and make it the new standard. Do you think this is viable for the iDevices being released starting next summer? What about for the mythical tablet since you mention ePaper? What are the drawback?

Go to YouTube and search Pixel Qi

There are quite a few videos. There are demos, discussions about manufacturing, costs and side-by-side comparisons with Kindle and a $2,000 laptop.

Some points covered:

-- their screen concept is based on what was used in the OLPC
-- they bought a bunch of Acer laptops and drop-in replaced the Acer LCD screen with their 1st batch of screens of a test run production line
-- they claim they can ramp up to volume production in 6 months (OLED technology has been around for 20 years and requires special new production facilities)
-- they plan to support DYI drop-in replacement of existing LCDs
-- they suggest that the cost of a netbook class computer will be $200 for the whole computer including their display

*
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #48 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I agree in the scope of things the iPhone is just a phone.

In terms of the totality of Life, yes LOL. but in terms of tech and the way we use tech to enhacne our lives, hardly.

The iPhone is much more than "just a phone." The Nokia 1200 is also "just a phone" but is as far from the iPhone as a hawk from the moon. This "just a phone" singlehandedly destroyed all of Microsoft's mobile developemnt for the last deacde. Windows Mobile is but a faint memory now, totally buried, with a typical MS promise of something released sometime in late 2010. LOL. And the iPhone is the SOLE REASON the smartphone landscape looks the way it does today. All those winderful HTC products, Android, the rumoured "Google Phone", the Droid, the Pre . . . all of that, exists today thanks to the iPhone and Apple's vision.

Put very simply, the iPhone is to the mobile industry what Jesus was to the Apostles. No joke.
post #49 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


The iPhone has peaked. It didn't put anyone one out of business, its not the #1 smartphone even though people here pretend it is, and carriers are going to start putting
limits on iPhone users because its not worth the headache.

Everyone is talking about the iPhone now because Apple has done nothing major with any of its other products in years.

Macbook has had nothing major
Macbook Pro has had nothing major
Mac Pro, nothing
Apple TV, has been a failure.
Macbook Air another failure.
iPods nothing major.
IMac, nothing. Except for quadcore which everyone else has had for years now.

They are such an innovative company? What have they done in years thats been so innovative?


iPods, nothing major. Macbook Air, only the notebook everyone and their dog is copying. iMac, nothing, etc., etc.

And that "iPhone has peaked" bit of delusion is just too precious not to iCal.

Apple is really the ONLY ONE that is doing anything desirable and impressive in tech, bar none, and it's been this way for years now. Apple does, the others follow.

Nope, nothing major . . .

http://www.9to5mac.com/microsoft_is_blind_stupid_30161

post #50 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

How did it set a standard for web browsing?

With less than 1% of the handset installed base Apple has over 50% of the mobile browser market. On top of that Nokia, Google, Palm and others use the Apple funded WebKit which was specifically designed to work well as on a mobile platform. Opera has a competent mobile browser but with a horrible JS engine and iris had the first mobile browser, based on WebKit and for WinMo, to pass Acid3 yet none of these seem to be as easy to use so they dont get used. So besides paving the way they also have the best mobile bowser experience on the market today, according to many independent reviews. That sounds like standards setting to me.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #51 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Lets make this simple. What can the iPHone do that other smartphones like the Blackberry and Droid can't? Lets get past this feel good shit you talk about, what real function can it do that other smartphones can't?

17% of the worldwide smartphone biz in 2 years, fully half of the mobile browser market, with unstoppable growth and about to overtake RIM. You tell me. I call it gestalt. That magical sweet-spot that is the combination of OS + hardware + ecosystem that the also rans just can't get right. If you don't "get" it, don't worry, you're not alone. There's this really big company a short drive from Seattle that doesn't get it, either.
post #52 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

How did it set a standard for web.....

....Macbook has had nothing major
Macbook Pro has had nothing major
Mac Pro, nothing
Apple TV, has been a failure.
Macbook Air another failure.
iPods nothing major.
IMac, nothing. Except for quadcore which everyone else has had for years now.

They are such an innovative company? What have they done in years thats been so innovative?

You don't keep up with apple much, huh?

I'd think AAPLs financial performance quarter after quarter would be a big clue that they are doing something right.. but I guess for someone with your reasoning skills there has to be a revolutionary product every 6 months and whatever other FAIL deductions you make about a companys performance and growth prospects. I mean- it's not like the iphone isn't distributed nearly world wide across many carriers.. right? oh right- you'd never think to consider that would ya?

try to look at a bigger picture than a product line. Do you understand margins? Any financial info? Besides, not that you could be convinced, a macbook is better than any laptop in the market.

have fun with your blinders on and head stuck in the sand. I can tell it helps you think you're a smart guy... pfft.
post #53 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

How did it set a standard for web browsing? All it showed is that as usual Apple fanatics are just that even when it comes to browsing the web all day long. The success of the iPhone is also going to be its downfall. ATT is already considering putting a cap on data plans if if Apple can only go to TMobile in the US after that the iPhone is going to make a great door stop.

Carriers aren't going to put millions into their network just because iPhone users don't have a life and do nothing but surf the web all day long. When they start putting limits on usage its going to kill the iPhone. TMobile can barely handle what that have now and Verizon wants nothing to do with this mess.

The iPhone has peaked. It didn't put anyone one out of business, its not the #1 smartphone even though people here pretend it is, and carriers are going to start putting
limits on iPhone users because its not worth the headache.

Everyone is talking about the iPhone now because Apple has done nothing major with any of its other products in years.

Macbook has had nothing major
Macbook Pro has had nothing major
Mac Pro, nothing
Apple TV, has been a failure.
Macbook Air another failure.
iPods nothing major.
IMac, nothing. Except for quadcore which everyone else has had for years now.

They are such an innovative company? What have they done in years thats been so innovative?

Your post is filled with pretty much 100% speculation, aka BS. You have no empirical evidence to back up anything you said about the networks or the iphone "peaking".

While others have already replied to most of what you said, that multi-touch pad is also being copied by Acer and others in their laptops, even though none of them actually work right. So much for no innovations on their laptop computers.

Oh, what about unibody laptops? Nobody else has them.
post #54 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

In terms of the totality of Life, yes LOL. but in terms of tech and the way we use tech to enhacne our lives, hardly.

The iPhone is much more than "just a phone." The Nokia 1200 is also "just a phone" but is as far from the iPhone as a hawk from the moon. This "just a phone" singlehandedly destroyed all of Microsoft's mobile developemnt for the last deacde. Windows Mobile is but a faint memory now, totally buried, with a typical MS promise of something released sometime in late 2010. LOL. And the iPhone is the SOLE REASON the smartphone landscape looks the way it does today. All those winderful HTC products, Android, the rumoured "Google Phone", the Droid, the Pre . . . all of that, exists today thanks to the iPhone and Apple's vision.

Put very simply, the iPhone is to the mobile industry what Jesus was to the Apostles. No joke.

Well done sir! Classic
post #55 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Lets make this simple. What can the iPHone do that other smartphones like the Blackberry and Droid can't? Lets get past this feel good shit you talk about, what real function can it do that other smartphones can't? The fact is the answer is nothing. In fact most smartphones are more productive for business then the iPhone. Not to mention while the iPhone makes a great browser it pretty much sucks as a phone.

Lets not try to bring this back to MS, this is about the other leaders in the smartphone world.

I have never said the iPhone isn't a good products however it has nothing over other smartphones in terms of real life daily functions. Clearly based on data numbers most are just using it as a web browser. Which is why ATT is going to start putting a cap on that. If ATT starts to cap iPhone data and Apple has to go to lousy TMobile you are going to see iPhone sale drop like a rock because the web surfing addicts are going to have their unlimited crack taken away.

You really are thick, aren't you?
post #56 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

You really are thick, aren't you?

Envy and frustration is a hard road, Sprock.

Very simply, for this generation, Apple defines everything that tech should be, that tech should aspire to. This has been acknowledged by the industry at large. Apple is the guiding vision behind consumer tech. It isn't my fault, it isn't your fault. Sometimes it's really hard to fathom. Sometimes you don't want to believe it for whatever reason. You want to think that it's a fluke, that it won't last, that there are other forces that can account for it. It's a unique phenomenon and not always understood. But it's just the way things are. For now. Those who deny it or ignore it do so at their own peril.
post #57 of 304
Just as there is a species of Apple fandom that leads certain people to say foolish, objectively insupportable things (or to brandish opinion and preference as fact), there is a species of bitter Apple resentment that leads certain people to say foolish, objectively insupportable things (or to brandish opinion and preference as fact).

The amusing part is that the latter attempt to belittle the former by turning up their foolish and insupportable to 11.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #58 of 304
And that "iPhone has peaked" bit of delusion is just too precious not to iCal.

Thank you for that.
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
Reply
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
Reply
post #59 of 304
If it comes with the same minutes and data plans as every other phone sold in this country, then it's just another phone. We don't need another phone, we do need some new cell services that are cheaper and no contracts. I make phone calls on my iPod Touch via Skype and WiFi for $2.95/mo. I do not own a cell phone. Now if Google would offer free WiFi nationwide, then were talking about something interesting. I live to stick it "to the man".
post #60 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Are they the #1 smartphone?

In the areas that matters most to Apple and its investors, yes they are.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #61 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

No just logical. Which I understand is hard to find on this forum

Apple is a lot of things. Innovative being towards the top of that list. Saying otherwise is about as illogical as one can muster.
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
Reply
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
Reply
post #62 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

The iPhone peaking is simply my opinion. However I will be happy to come back later in 2010 and address the issue again to prove I was correct.

Sony, Asus, HP all off multitouch screen on their computers which work rather well. Something that Apple doesn't offer on their computers. Hell we are just now moving to quad cores on Apple systems. Can't expect too much all at once. How about the wonderful display port on the nice iMac that can only function with other displayport devices, yeah that was innovative.

Multi-touch screen and the Multi-touch pad are not exactly the same thing.
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
Reply
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
Reply
post #63 of 304
?????????????

They are such an innovative company? What have they done in years thats been so innovative?[/QUOTE]
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
Reply
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
Reply
post #64 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

I imagine we will be seeing actual pics soon if it has been given to people all around the world...

And what in the hell are "beautifying steroids?"

I think that's what female bodybuilding contestants take.
post #65 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Thats true. By the way Asus also makes a multitouch pad on their 300.00 netbooks. Works just as well as the one on the 1800.00 Macbook Air.

Would you like the link to the Asus forum?
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
Reply
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
Reply
post #66 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

The iPhone peaking is simply my opinion. However I will be happy to come back later in 2010 and address the issue again to prove I was correct.

I have a feeling that you deemed the iPhone a failure before it launched and have since claimed that it had finally reached its feasible EOL up to and including this day. Are you simply going to say it’s going to be a failure until your prophecy comes true? I assure you that both Apple and iPhone will fall at some point. It doesn’t take one as “logical” as you to figure that out.

Quote:
Sony, Asus, HP all off multitouch screen on their computers which work rather well. Something that Apple doesn't offer on their computers.

That makes sense when you have a mouse/trackpad and keyboard in front of you. It’s a gimmick! Holding your arms up to use your computer as a touchscreen because it’s technical possible is not “logical”.

Quote:
Hell we are just now moving to quad cores on Apple systems. Can't expect too much all at once. How about the wonderful display port on the nice iMac that can only function with other displayport devices, yeah that was innovative.

And I bet the next MBPs will still be dual-core because the dual-core 35W Core-i7 32nm Arrandales make more sense than the quad-core 45W Core-i7 45nm Clarksdales, but it’s my opinion that you’ll complaint that is cheating their customers out of two cores.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #67 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill P. View Post

Well, it doesn't have a keyboard. Who wants to verbalize all of their texting and email?!

I think they call that a phone call.
post #68 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post


Put very simply, the iPhone is to the mobile industry what Jesus was to the Apostles. No joke.

You are disturbingly delusional.
post #69 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I have a feeling that you deemed the iPhone a failure before it launched and have sense claimed that it had finally reached it feasible EOL up to and including this day. Are you simply going to say it’s going to failure until your prophecy comes true? I assure you that both Apple and iPhone will fall at some point. It doesn’t take one as “logical” as you to figure that out.


That makes sense when you have a mouse/trackpad and keyboard in front of you. It’s a gimmick! Holding your arms up to use your computer as a touchscreen because it’s technical possible is not “logical”.


And I bet the next MBPs will still be dual-core because the dual-core 35W Core-i7 32nm Arrandales make more sense than the quad-core 45W Core-i7 45nm Clarksdales, but it’s my opinion that you’ll complaint that is cheating their customers out of two cores.

I think we've reached the point in the inveterate, irrational Apple hater's screed where they shift from some clearly indefensible position (the iPhone ain't shit!) to tired old Apple sux droning.

If you have to start in on the processors Apple uses in its desktops to bolster your bluster about the iPhone, you probably don't have a leg to stand on.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #70 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Thats great 17% of the worldwide smartphone in 2 years. Did that put anyone out of business?

It effectively killed Windows Mobile. MS has chosen to try again in late 2010. So poor, long-suffering MS fans will have to wait another year to get something, anything, that might very well end up sucking only marginally less than the previous failure. It has all but buried the Pre. Carriers are practically giving them away now. Motorola was forced to rethink its strategy completely. No one's really out of business. Most of the tech outfits that can afford to market a smartphone in the first place will have enough in the tank absorb failures, although some have their doubts about Palm.

Will the iPhone ever be #1? Again, you tell me. 17% in two years, about to overtake RIM, with Nokia in a downward slide. Will you settle for a strong #2 in a year's time?

Deliberately acting unimpressed just for the sake of doing so or because you have a fetish for playing the contrarian, simply raises more questions about why you're camping an Apple fansite in the first place.
post #71 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbobf View Post

In any event, from what I understand, Apple's iPhone doesn't even allow you to find the contact you want to call with voice. Is that because AT&T wants customers to pay their $4.95 charge for that service?

That's the problem with talking about something you've never used. You end up just being wrong half the time.
post #72 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I never deem anything a failure.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...0&postcount=56
post #73 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

However even you can't deny that if ATT caps iPhone data and Apple needs to go to TMobile which is the only place they can go besides ATT that doesn't exactly spell a great future. At least in the US.

We have data caps as well. Rogers' is set at 6gb. Seems just fine for us. Where does AT&T plan to set the cap?
post #74 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Try and learn to read everything. Deemed the iPhone was a failure before it was released. Its okay to called something that actually failed a failure.

Next time be more clear.
post #75 of 304
Quote:

If it hasn’t been stated before you do a great job posting links to back your arguments. I figured he’d put his foot in his mouth with that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremeskater

I never deem anything a failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater

How did it set a standard for web browsing? All it showed is that as usual Apple fanatics are just that even when it comes to browsing the web all day long. The success of the iPhone is also going to be its downfall. ATT is already considering putting a cap on data plans if if Apple can only go to TMobile in the US after that the iPhone is going to make a great door stop.

Carriers aren't going to put millions into their network just because iPhone users don't have a life and do nothing but surf the web all day long. When they start putting limits on usage its going to kill the iPhone. TMobile can barely handle what that have now and Verizon wants nothing to do with this mess.

The iPhone has peaked. It didn't put anyone one out of business, its not the #1 smartphone even though people here pretend it is, and carriers are going to start putting
limits on iPhone users because its not worth the headache.

Everyone is talking about the iPhone now because Apple has done nothing major with any of its other products in years.

Macbook has had nothing major
Macbook Pro has had nothing major
Mac Pro, nothing
Apple TV, has been a failure.
Macbook Air another failure.
iPods nothing major.
IMac, nothing. Except for quadcore which everyone else has had for years now.

They are such an innovative company? What have they done in years thats been so innovative?

Looks like Extremeskater just became Extremefailure.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #76 of 304
Quote:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10414356-71.html

Please Read This on Cnet and keep in mind the author is an award-winning creative director who advises major corporations on content creation and marketing. He brings an irreverent, sarcastic, and sometimes ironic voice to the tech world. He is a member of the CNET Blog Network and is not an employee of CNET.
post #77 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


When it comes to the MBP Apple will do what is always does and that is disappoint users when it comes to their hardware offerings. Remember this is the company that milked the G4 in its notebooks forever.

We're really disappointed. In fact, we're so disappointed that we just keep buying Macs.

http://www.electronista.com/articles...ctober.retail/

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._pc_sales.html

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2009/10/19results.html

http://www.macworld.com/article/1383.../earnings.html

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2008/01/22results.html

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...Phone_Also_Up/

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...on_survey.html

http://www.macworld.com/article/1400...isfaction.html

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10019711-37.html

That's what, #1 in customer satisfaction 6 years in a row now? Record Mac sales quarter after quarter going back to at least 2008 with notebooks in the lead?

You're either posting misinformation because you're ignorant, or you are lying outright. So which is it?
post #78 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10414356-71.html

Please Read This on Cnet and keep in mind the author is an award-winning creative director who advises major corporations on content creation and marketing. He brings an irreverent, sarcastic, and sometimes ironic voice to the tech world. He is a member of the CNET Blog Network and is not an employee of CNET.

Nice article. Very interesting to say the least. Not sure why the hullabaloo over the authors credentials though? He is basically reporting someone elses findings. Thanks for the link.
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
Reply
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
Reply
post #79 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I never deem anything a failure. However even you can't deny that if ATT caps iPhone data and Apple needs to go to TMobile which is the only place they can go besides ATT that doesn't exactly spell a great future. At least in the US.

Is that really the strongest point of the argument that you've been backed into? IF ATT caps iPhone data and IF Apple NEEDS to go to TMobile....

If those are your strongest points, the big guns you bring out when cornered, you're pretty much done. As a HEAVY iPhone user (Exchange server, maps all the time, downloading podcasts over 3G most days), my current iPhone stats show 10.8 GB of data downloaded in the past 15 months. IF ATT caps iPhone users to 2GB or higher, I won't bat an eyelash and either will 99% of non-jailbroken iPhone users.

Time to give it up.
post #80 of 304
Google envy.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google issues custom unlocked phones ahead of rumored Jan. launch