or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google issues custom unlocked phones ahead of rumored Jan. launch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google issues custom unlocked phones ahead of rumored Jan. launch - Page 3

post #81 of 304
For the past two years half of the Macs sold were to people buying their first Mac. Are you proposing that the only way Apple can sell computers is to brain wash people? How exactly does Apple do that?

I guarantee you any company would pay you big money if you could explain it to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

When the majority of your customers are brainwashed and pretty much overlook any fault its easy to keep a high customer rating. That tells me nothing.
post #82 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

When the majority of your customers are brainwashed and pretty much overlook any fault its easy to keep a high customer rating. That tells me nothing.

By the way what am I lying about. I know you get really upset easy so try to calm down and just remember we are talking about a cellphone.

Yup. If Apple customers are so satisfied, year after year, they MUST be brainwashed!

Seems Apple products are just that good that we're wiling to overlook some of their faults in favour of the benefits. Wow, well that IS impressive!

You post BS, I post facts, numbers, trends. The things you like to ignore.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10414356-71.html

Please Read This on Cnet and keep in mind the author is an award-winning creative director who advises major corporations on content creation and marketing. He brings an irreverent, sarcastic, and sometimes ironic voice to the tech world. He is a member of the CNET Blog Network and is not an employee of CNET.

Blogs are fun.

Numbers are better.

http://www.iphonealley.com/current/g...e-market-share



I see no delusions here. Just amazing results for an amazing product. And the better the iPhone does, the louder the haters, the envious, "the award-winning creative directors" and the just plain frustrated will scream.
post #83 of 304
You are taking what AT&T said out of its proper context.

The proper context is that AT&T's data usage has risen 5000% year over year and taxing its network. AT&T wants to discourage those use excessive bandwidth. Its likely the majority of those who use excessive bandwidth are people tethering their iPhones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Sorry but its a fact that ATT has strongly suggested they will cap the iPhone. That isn't some myth I made up. Apple can only go to TMobile because Verizon will not have them and neither will Sprint. If you think ATT network is bad you need to check out the stellar coverage TMobile has...lol
post #84 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Google envy.

If only there were something to be envious about. Perhaps when the Google?Android?HTC? phone is actually released, we will.
post #85 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10414356-71.html

Please Read This on Cnet and keep in mind the author is an award-winning creative director who advises major corporations on content creation and marketing. He brings an irreverent, sarcastic, and sometimes ironic voice to the tech world. He is a member of the CNET Blog Network and is not an employee of CNET.

There are endless people in the IT world enshrined with accolades unwarranted. Nothing new with this one either.

Nothing wreaks of pathetic more than you posting the man's own footnote of self aggrandizement.
post #86 of 304
Apple sux! You need proof? Look at their miniscule global market share!

Wait, what? People are buying iPhones in not insignificant numbers? Well, it must be because those people are insane, delusional or brain-washed! Because "Apple sux" is a bedrock article of faith, which cannot change. Therefore, phenomena in the world must be rearranged to account for whatever success this horrible, loathsome company may come by.

In this way I prove Apple customers are irrational zealots.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #87 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


Again those FACTS mean nothing to me.

Fixed.

They DO, however, mean something to everyone else and the entire industry. Which is really all that matters.

I suppose being relegated almost overnight to somewhere barely perceptible in the "Others" row after spending years in the top spots means nothing to MS, either.
post #88 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Fixed.

They DO, however, mean something to everyone else and the entire industry. Which is really all that matters.

I suppose being relegated to somewhere barely perceptible in the "Others" column after spending years in the top spots means nothing to MS, either.

Actually, most of the industry analysts agree that Android will surpass Apple in the mobile phone arena in 2010. Do your research.

This is based on the number of mobile manufactures introducing Android on all networks worldwide.
post #89 of 304
Yes this is true, but 50 phones combined outselling 1 phone isn't an extraordinary feat. No one Android phone will outsell the iPhone alone.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

Actually, most of the industry analysts agree that Android will surpass Apple in the mobile phone arena in 2010. Do your research.

This is based on the number of mobile manufactures introducing Android on all networks worldwide.
post #90 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

Actually, most of the industry analysts agree that Android will surpass Apple in the mobile phone arena in 2010. Do your research.

This is based on the number of mobile manufactures introducing Android on all networks worldwide.

Who's talking about Android and 2010? Wait for 2010 and THEN we'll see the numbers. Until then . . . it's all about the iPhone. LIke it has been for the last two years. So enjoy.
post #91 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

Yes this is true, but 50 phones combined outselling 1 phone isn't an extraordinary feat. No one Android phone will outsell the iPhone alone.

Yet that isn't the point for Google is it? They get revenue on every phone & App sold.

You can't even say it's a unique business model. It's how Microsoft became the standard for the world in the PC arena.
post #92 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

Yet that isn't the point for Google is it? They get revenue on every phone & App sold.

You can't even say it's a unique business model. It's how Microsoft became the standard for the world in the PC arena.

Standard? For what, exactly?

It's also how MS fumbled WinMo.
post #93 of 304
It's all about the numbers. That's all that matters. And for the also-rans, right now, it's all about the iPhone and how to best copy it. Not my fault that June 2007 happened. If Android is getting some positive buzz, then great. Let's see the numbers next quarter. Let's see the mobile landscape by end of 2010. Until then, we'll have to wait.
post #94 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Standard? For what, exactly?

It's also how MS fumbled WinMo.

Yet they control the world in the PC arena.

Google has the same business model as Microsoft of the 80's but unlike Microsoft they have business ventures that touch every part of Apple's business model and many that Apple hasn't even ventured into.
post #95 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbar View Post

Well it certainly looks like Schmidt really was a snake in the grass. Seems like Google wants to take allcomers on, head to head.

Certainly all this extra competition will keep Apple on its toes, good for the consumer.

So True, and yet such shame. Though I'm a bit surprised at the majority of encouragement for this device over the rumored knowledge of OLED display and it being much thinner then the current iPhone.

Lets talk more about software, cause thats what the iPhone really is. Google's unannounced version of Android 2.1. vs the announced and in use iPhone 3.0

iPhone 3.0:

1,000 new API's.......iPod Library Access
Peer to Peer connectivity ............ GPS lingo
In-App Purchases ........ In Game Voice
Ad-Hoc ...... Shake API
Accessory Support ..... Data Detectors
Spotlight
In App email
Streaming Audio/Video
Core Data

And the list goes on......... Apple's SDK is designed to Help the developers and with iPhone 3.0 they even brought over 100 New Features to the end user.

Google isn't focused on the developer or end user, Schmidt only joined Apple's board to poach ideas and sit in at the major keynotes.

Apple works there butt off to bring innovation. Google and Eric Schmidt are a bunch of poachers.
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #96 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

I imagine we will be seeing actual pics soon if it has been given to people all around the world...

And what in the hell are "beautifying steroids?"

Sounds like a bunch of empty hype to me. The iPhone has absolutely no need of "beautifying", thank you very much. As for the steroids, time will tell whether the Google phone is an elite athlete or a muscle-bound hulk.
post #97 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Again those numbers mean nothing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

No just logical. Which I understand is hard to find on this forum

Didnt take long to contradict yourself. Thats what happens when you go to an Apple forum and try to debate with people who back up their stances with fact and proof. Dont sweat it too much, we would feel equally inadequate on your Hannah Montana fan forum.
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
Reply
"One who forms a judgement on any point but cannot explain it clearly, might as well never have thought at all on the subject." Pericles
Reply
post #98 of 304
Schmidt had to leave the room when they spoke about the iPhone in board meetings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Google isn't focused on the developer or end user, Schmidt only joined Apple's board to poach ideas and sit in at the major keynotes.
post #99 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

Schmidt had to leave the room when they spoke about the iPhone in board meetings.

I wonder what he did when he left the room. Go have a Coke and stare at his watch? Play on his iPhone? Well, probably make some important calls and get some work done. That's the obvious answer. But it's interesting to wonder . . .

And how would he leave? At a set time? Did SJ have to give him a look, or did it come down to an actual verbal cue?

Steve: Ok Eric, get out.
Eric: Can I at least finish my salad?
Steve: No. Leave it here. Jony wants it.
Eric: But whhyyyyy??? I never get to do anything!
Steve: Bitch, you don't even work here. Now get out before I take away your iPhone.
post #100 of 304
Someone finally admitted it's TMobile 3G only, EDGE on ATT.

post #101 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

Schmidt had to leave the room when they spoke about the iPhone in board meetings.

Yes I'm aware of that. Though it does seem a bit interesting as of late the Google is going to operate in every space Apple is in, which wouldn't be a bad thing if they were more innovative & thought different with their approach.
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #102 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

I wonder what he did when he left the room. Go have a Coke and stare at his watch? Play on his iPhone? Well, probably make some important calls and get some work done. That's the obvious answer. But it's interesting to wonder . . .

And how would he leave? At a set time? Did SJ have to give him a look, or did it come down to an actual verbal cue?

Steve: Ok Eric, get out.
Eric: Can I at least finish my salad?
Steve: No. Leave it here. Jony wants it.
Eric: But whhyyyyy??? I never get to do anything!
Steve: Bitch, you don't even work here. Now get out before I take away your iPhone.

Perfect response Like lets get real here. The guy had his ear to the door listening to steve rant about how tasteless Microsoft is, how they should try and acquire a ad company etc.... Google says they're taking on Microsoft but they're just going to try and destroy a company they deep down inside strive to operate like.
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #103 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

... Everyone is talking about the iPhone now because Apple has done nothing major with any of its other products in years.

Macbook has had nothing major
Macbook Pro has had nothing major
Mac Pro, nothing
Apple TV, has been a failure.
Macbook Air another failure.
iPods nothing major.
IMac, nothing. Except for quadcore which everyone else has had for years now.

They are such an innovative company? What have they done in years thats been so innovative?

I know you're just a troll and you post things just to get people riled up but this is absolute nonsense. Just saying black is white doesn't make it so. there are long lists of innovations in all those products and every one of them has been a great commercial and critical success. You listing them out and saying (essentially), "they suck" is not going to change the facts. Grow up.
post #104 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

Seriously, get help or counseling. To worship an inanimate object and compare it to Jesus is Very Disturbing.

This is a stupid comment. He is posting objective facts, and you equate that to "worshipping?"

If he was the type to "worship" things he wouldn't be making Jesus jokes probably. Unless you are actually trying to suggest that he formerly worshiped this Jesus person, and has now switched his allegiance to an inanimate object? That's just crazy talk.
post #105 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Apple is DOOMED!

Apple has Millions of Happy users.

It's brought a Revolutionary web browser experience to a smartphone.
They've brought a seamless experience of having Video & Music right in your pocket.
You can enjoy a Rich looking Mail App and even though they were deemed late in adding these features, landscape mode, MMS, Voice Control, and cut copy & paste. At least when it was released they got it right the first time.

What will Android or droid (whatever it's called) revolutionize is the real question??

The Ignorance of this quote " APPLE IS DOOMED" goes into the pile of other useless and tasteless remarks about a company who's innovation and drive distributes products we just can't live without.
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #106 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

Actually, most of the industry analysts agree that Android will surpass Apple in the mobile phone arena in 2010. Do your research.

This is based on the number of mobile manufactures introducing Android on all networks worldwide.

This is also BS. You're getting desperate here and just pulling stuff out of thin air. One report said that Android might sell more handsets than iPhones next year due to the number of companies jumping on the platform.

It's a prediction based on current trends and numbers (i.e.- it could be completely off base). This is no where near to equating to "most ... industry analysts agree," and no where near being a fact of any kind.

Your being a total cheerleader here.
post #107 of 304
The Android OS is actually free. Google makes money from ads within its services. Google makes money from its iPhone apps.

Google business model is very different from what MS has done with Windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

Yet that isn't the point for Google is it? They get revenue on every phone & App sold.

You can't even say it's a unique business model. It's how Microsoft became the standard for the world in the PC arena.
post #108 of 304
What barometer are you using to define "revolutionary"? Its easy to throw around such words but what does it really mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Some of the products suck like Apple TV but I didn't say most of them suck. While the Macbook, Macbook Pro and iMac are all good products I simply stated we have seen nothing revolutionary in those products in quite a while. Not sure how you could even put that up for debate. What has really change in any of those products? Snow Leopard the same issue. When you can sell your OS for 29.00 how much did you really put into it?
post #109 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

With Quadra the scary part is the comment about Jesus wasn't a joke. He really believe that crazy shit.

This is Quadra on the left with is buddy at the Mall.

I don't generally talk to you cause you've been on my ignore list almost forever due to the way you bully people around and just spout a lot of negative junk that doesn't have any basis in fact. Even though this is kind of mild compared to stuff you've done in the past, I reported this post for the personal attack contained therein, and hope others do as well.

You don't like Apple, you don't seem to like much of anything. This place would be a lot better off if you just left. Hope you realise that some day.
post #110 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

With Quadra the scary part is the comment about Jesus wasn't a joke.

Correct, I most certainly wasn't joking. I'll repeat:

The iPhone was to the mobile industry (and still is) what Jesus was to the apostles.

All too true. The mobile industry today looks nothing like what it was pre June 2007. Totally different ballgame. Even the carriers have been changing up their game. All thanks to Apple and what the iPhone brought to the table. And the copying of the iPhone and the attempts to duplicate the Apple experience is still going on.

And as for Google selling their "own phone" next year, apparently without a carrier, I bet Motorola and Verizon are just tickled pink.
post #111 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


Macbook has had nothing major
Macbook Pro has had nothing major
Mac Pro, nothing
Apple TV, has been a failure.
Macbook Air another failure.
iPods nothing major.
IMac, nothing. Except for quadcore which everyone else has had for years now.

They are such an innovative company? What have they done in years thats been so innovative?

The Macbooks are a huge success with the education market. Sometimes Apple operates under the philosophy of if it's not broke don't fix it.

MacBook Pro's. 8GB of ram 256SSD option better screen viewing, much improved graphics.

Mac Pro. It's a screamer! (Though the cinema display 30" could be updated, but it still has a higher resolution then the 27" iMac)

Apple TV. Not a Failure, just a Hobby, Apple clearly makes this known during quarterly conference calls

MacBook Air, Spawned a rush of copycats (Dell Adomao w/e ). It's innovation with remote disk (which stills has much more room to grow).

iPods (The shuffle has a voice, Nano's can shoot all day and night, the Classic is still a classic, the touch is a revolutionary game changer for games. Just ask Nintendo's CEO .)

iMac, The ALL IN ONE DESIGN.

Apple has spawned copycat after copycat. Everyone copies Apple...... Don't even get me started on Software. Snow Leopard's technologies alone are by far worth more then $29, just be grateful your on a relevant OS that's " Light years ahead "
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #112 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Dude he was joking.

Okay apologies if taken out of context
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #113 of 304
What a lot of the posters here seem to discount is that Google and Android seem to pop up on AI and other reporting websites more than most any other mobile OS (except for the iPhone, obviously). That says something about how, if any mobile OS is going to take down the iPhone, it will probably be Android (unless a completely new OS comes out that nobody had known about).
post #114 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieFromTex View Post

What a lot of the posters here seem to discount is that Google and Android seem to pop up on AI and other reporting websites more than most any other mobile OS (except for the iPhone, obviously). That says something about how, if any mobile OS is going to take down the iPhone, it will probably be Android (unless a completely new OS comes out that nobody had known about).

Google is a little more transparent with it's information then Apple, Thus the frequent Article Headlines about "GOOGLE DOES OR GOOGLE STEALS OR GOOGLE COPIES OR ERIC SCHMIDT WAS A SHEEP IN WOLFS CLOTHING" etc...

Apple marches to it's own beat, and rumor sites just can seem to find the tune..... Nor will they
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #115 of 304
You do have to admit you've used some fairly hyperbolic language in this thread. Its only going to be met with push back on an Apple enthusiast board. You don't have to work so hard to prove you are not an Apple fanboy.

Many of us have disagreed with Apples choices from time to time. The key is to keep it all in proper context.

edit: wow, what did extremeskater say to get banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

The problem with this forum is members start adding to your words when you say something negative against Apple. Which is how threads go from talking about a new phone to this. One negative comment is like shining a light on the roaches.
post #116 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Apple is DOOMED!

Yup, clearly HTC and Android will rule the world.

Here in South East Asia at least, in terms of smartphones, the iPhone and Blackberries are leading the way. HTC, Sony, Samsung etc. I'm sure still do sales but their ease-of-use and "sex appeal (on steroids or not)" isn't quite there. Sony had potential but the firmware issues and what not, something's missing.

I really don't know what the big hype is about Android. If anything it's going to marginalise Windows Mobile even more, and take a huge bite out of Symbian and limit Palm's WebOS.

Apple is "safe" for now. Given a little run for their money, but as far as I see Android and other interfaces on a global scale are all a little to diverse to really have a solid, long-term "feel" for the customer... if that makes any sense.

Or whatever, call me a fanboy, I just can't imagine using any other phone besides the iPhone 3GS for the next several months. I don' want to learn or figure out all these other features and interfaces because, albeit at face value, the interfaces all seem like those "user customised" windows XP interfaces, or like Linux GUIs. Close but really no cigar.

And owning a HTC or Samsung... In South East Asia at least, it ain't as hip as a Nokia, Blackberry or iPhone.
post #117 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Google is a little more transparent with it's information then Apple, Thus the frequent Article Headlines about "GOOGLE DOES OR GOOGLE STEALS OR GOOGLE COPIES OR ERIC SCHMIDT WAS A SHEEP IN WOLFS CLOTHING" etc...

Apple marches to it's own beat, and rumor sites just can seem to find the tune..... Nor will they

Apple uses the strategy of "talk less, so when you talk, it means more". Apple spends a long time developing its new products, much more than other companies, so when a new product finally comes out, people are ready to buy it.

On a side note, to the people who seem to think that Apple isn't truly focused on money, only bringing out the best products they can, I would like to point you to Snow Leopard. $30 for a patch, I don't think so. Snow Leopard was mainly just to get peoples' mind off of Windows 7.

As for me, I do not like either Apple or Microsoft. I like some of the products of both, whichever is best, because choosing the lesser product just because it is of the brand you want is the surest way to frustration.
post #118 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

i KNOW!!! if it doesn't have a physical keyboard, it doesn't have a keyboard at all. this phone is such a useless piece of crap. i will wipe my ass with this phone and throw it at the wall. when will these people just give up and realize that the iPhone is the only true phone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

Great. One troll gone, and another moves in to take his place. Do you post inflammatory remarks like this simply to derail the discussion?

Maybe g3pro is a certain T.Stud from a mirror universe.
post #119 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieFromTex View Post

As for me, I do not like either Apple or Microsoft. I like some of the products of both, whichever is best, because choosing the lesser product just because it is of the brand you want is the surest way to frustration.

I would not say I don't like either of them. I like Apple, and I dislike Microsoft. But I use Windows 7 on my PC for gaming, and Macbook Aluminium for everything else. Like you said, choosing a lesser product purely on brand will result in frustration. I could have tried to game on a MacBook and I would have thrown it out the window. Conversely, trying to enjoy my daily digital life on Windows would probably lead me to Harakiri.

I've been using PDAs since the early 90's (a simple Sharp model), to the brilliant PalmPilot and Handspring, then cut my teeth in the mobile world on Nokias and Sony Ericsson. With the iPhone, once I started using it since August last year, everything just came together. iPod, phone, Internet, PDA. Sure the brand is appealing (suddenly Apple is super hip in the mobile market) but the iPhone, just works.
post #120 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieFromTex View Post

Apple uses the strategy of "talk less, so when you talk, it means more". Apple spends a long time developing its new products, much more than other companies, so when a new product finally comes out, people are ready to buy it.

(sarcasm) Great observation jk

Quote:
As for me, I do not like either Apple or Microsoft. I like some of the products of both, whichever is best, because choosing the lesser product just because it is of the brand you want is the surest way to frustration.

You obviously enjoy Apple more, because your lingering around this forum (Unless your also on a spirited chat in the Windows blue screen of death forum rooms)
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google issues custom unlocked phones ahead of rumored Jan. launch