or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Magic Mouse helps Apple double share of market in 8 weeks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Magic Mouse helps Apple double share of market in 8 weeks - Page 3

post #81 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post



This is no more useful. At least the MM packaging is more tasteful. Perhaps the Logitech way is more environmentally friendly? I don't know . . .

The MM packaging is MORE *tasteful*? Who cares? Really.

Sadly, the looks can't hide its environmental unfriendliness. The Magic Mouse has the single most wasteful packaging on a tech item I've seen in 5 years.

There's more plastic in the packaging than in the mouse - and it isn't recyclable. And it isn't even useful for something else, because the lid doesn't stay on. It's pathetic that Apple made such great strides in reducing plastic waste and packaging on its computers, but totally dropped the ball on this product.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #82 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post

Yes. The Magic Mouse is garbage. It may even be worse than the Mighty Mouse. They haven't made a good mouse since the ADB II.

It would be easier to respect your opinion if you backed it up with specific complaints rather than just complaining .... care to expand on the subject?
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
Reply
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
Reply
post #83 of 202
I have a love hate relationship with the Magic Mouse, which i managed to get my hands on 3 weeks ago from someone selling it for 50 bucks on Craigslist.

I love its bluetooth, i use it on my old Mini hooked up to my Bravia so i can stream movies directly from my mini to my TV (bootleg a go-go baby!) cause the PS3 web browser is absolutely horrid.
The flick scrolling is smooth and sweet, and looks very clean. Left/Right click work fine...somewhat.

Thats where the love ends.

I have used it on my G5 iMac and i just ended up going back to my logitech mouse, it hurts my hands after extended use due to the weird arch on it, i cant really rest my hand on it at all. The back-forward motions are too damn hard to use on it, it wont register it unless i take my hand off and slide two fingers across and then it works (maybe mine is faulty?). It registers right clicks as left clicks sometimes when playing games, idk why but its quite annoy-some, but it never glitches on Safari or Photoshop or in Xcode, so it could be the games.

If it were bigger, and more ergonomic to the hand i would probably replace my logitech with another one, but right now its relegated to minimal tv use/web surfing. Although i would buy another one if they made it in black, cause then it wouldnt stand out against my furniture so much lol
post #84 of 202
ALREADY BOARDED ON THE LET'S BASH APPLE'S FIRST EVER MAGIC MOUSE BANDWAGON:
  • Umijin
    Quote:
    " The Mighty Mouse is/was a crappy POS."

  • Calaminius
    Quote:
    " but after dealing with Apple's Mighty (crappy) Mouse, I have no trust that they can make a quality mouse.

  • Steveit02
    Quote:
    " Yes, actually all of their mice have sucked, including this one. Very cumbersome to use, imo of course."

  • Takeo
    Quote:
    "The Magic Mouse is Garbage. It may even be worse than the Mighty Mouse. They haven't made a good mouse since the ADB II."

  • Felixmanos
    Quote:
    " $80 for a POS that BROKE"

  • Ireland
    Quote:
    " Piece of Crap Mouse "

  • Zep (For going against STEVE JOBS)

IT'S PRETTY TIGHT IN THERE SO FAR BUT IM SURE MORE WILL COME AND BE ABLE TO SQUEEZE IN.




NEXT STOP, MICROSOFT aka TRASH
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #85 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post


I've never used a Magic Mouse, but after dealing with Apple's Mighty (crappy) Mouse, I have no trust that they can make a quality mouse. The shape alone makes it look very non-ergonomic, just like the Mighty Mouse is. I'm back to use the MM because the Intellimouse Explorer I've had for 10 years didn't survive the last move. It WILL be replaced soon by one from a company that actually can create a good mouse, either Logitech or (more likely) Microsoft.


The first girl I ever kissed was a lousy kisser but I didn't let that convince me that all other girls were as bad as her. How you can complain about something you have never used is not too bright, to say the least.
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
Reply
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
Reply
post #86 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post

They haven't made a good mouse since the ADB II.

Is there an implied qualifier that it was a good mouse then but wouldn’t be a good mouse today do to feature limitations? Plus, I can’t really comment on how good or bad their mice are since I’ve been using notebooks as my machine for over a decade now, but I can say that their trackpads are absolutely great as a pointing device.

The ADB II is a nice looking mouse…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ap...s_ii_black.jpg (image) It’s funny how a slightly beveled brick mouse was ever considered an achievement. You’d think they would have at least started with a curved top to contour the hand….

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ap...Plus_mouse.jpg (image) I’d like to say that people are prone to complaining for the sake of complaining but the MaM doesn’t offer features that the MiM had and I don’t hear anyone complain about the multi-touch trackpad over the previous, smaller trackpad or the old PB trackball...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TrackballPB145.jpg (image)
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #87 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

The first girl I ever kissed was a lousy kisser but I didn't let that convince me that all other girls were as bad as her. How you can complain about something you have never used is not too bright, to say the least.

I like the mouse and keyboard. Does that make me a bi-textual?
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #88 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

ALREADY BOARDED ON THE LET'S BASH APPLE'S FIRST EVER MAGIC MOUSE BANDWAGON

I mean how dare we criticize an Apple product. Quick, let's all genuflect in the direction of Cupertino in symbolic apology

Compared to some other mice out thee the MM is a piece of crap. You have to lift your left finger to right click, and you have to turn on right click first. And don't mention the hacks, you shouldn't have to hack your mouse to get it to work. The tracking is awful and the mouse is not designed for a human hand. Apple form of function at its finest. These are the facts, you shouldn't have to explain right click to anyone - it should "just work". It doesn't. I have real world experience with this, relations call me to ask me what's going on.

However, it's better than the Might Mouse. Better because the scroll ball was an abomination. Being better than that mouse wouldn't be hard though. Apple have been fighting this "physical" two button thing on their mice for years, my design was better.



The touch area could easily be made a different shape, i.e. much longer and less + like.

The only thing Magic about the Magic Mouse is its marketing.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #89 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

The first girl I ever kissed was a lousy kisser but I didn't let that convince me that all other girls were as bad as her. How you can complain about something you have never used is not too bright, to say the least.

Kind of a non sequitor, don't you think? It would help if there was at least something vaguely connecting computer mice and girls. Not to mention a lousy kisser could learn to be a good kisser. A badly designed mouse can't do anything but be badly designed.

If girls were manufactured by specific companies like computer mice, and the first one I kissed from Company X was a lousy kisser, I wouldn't hook up with another girl from Company X.
post #90 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I

The only thing Magic about the Magic Mouse is its marketing.

Why are you trying to pass of your hatred of the Magic Mouse as a reflection of majority sentiment?

The Magic Mouse is a success. The numbers bear this out. The reviews bear this out. Acknowledge this, and then move on to list your issues with it.
post #91 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I mean how dare we criticize an Apple product. Quick, let's all genuflect in the direction of Cupertino in symbolic apology

Compared to some other mice out thee the MM is a piece of crap. You have to lift your left finger to right click, and you have to turn on right click first. And don't mention the hacks, you shouldn't have to hack your mouse to get it to work. The tracking is awful and the mouse is not designed for a human hand. Apple form of function at its finest. These are the facts, you shouldn't have to explain right click to anyone - it should "just work". It doesn't. I have real world experience with this, relations call me to ask me what's going on.

However, it's better than the Might Mouse. Better because the scroll ball was an abomination. Being better than that mouse wouldn't be hard though. Apple have been fighting this "physical" two button thing on their mice for years, my design was better.



The touch area could easily be made a different shape, i.e. much longer and less + like.

The only thing Magic about the Magic Mouse is its marketing.

C'Mon Man!, It's there 1st MULTI TOUCH MOUSE, we all know it could be better but it will get better over time... Where is the Ireland mouse ?? Where's the Love for Apple, Where's the peace?? How about you do what your doing on Macs with a PC?? Try that for a year and then come back to Apple to appreciate what you take for granted.... WHERE'S THE LOVE MAN..... This list will be added to also.
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #92 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post

Laser mice have been available from MS and Logitech for years and they blow away the "magic" mouse. Try one sometime.

Do they have gesture aware surfaces with no track ball too?
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
post #93 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

C'Mon Man!, It's there 1st MULTI TOUCH MOUSE, we all know it could be better but it will get better over time... Where is the Ireland mouse ?? Where's the Love for Apple, Where's the peace?? How about you do what your doing on Macs with a PC?? Try that for a year and then come back to Apple to appreciate what you take for granted.... WHERE'S THE LOVE MAN..... This list will be added to also.

dude seriously. stop. its his opinion. let it go. let him have his opinion even IF ITS NOT THE SAME AS YOURS.
post #94 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

The Negative "Opinions" about the Magic Mouse, are the people who are seeking that Apple create the notebook thats 8Core 20GB Ram 1TB SSD & Ultra High GDDR5 Graphics card in the size of a MacBook Air.

I've told you a billion times not to exaggerate.

I am disappointed in you, MobileMe. You're unfairly and childishly blowing my previously recounted dream machine all out of proportion here - yet again. I never asked for any of the absurd elements you wrote about, and especially never asked for anything that was "the size of a MacBook Air."

Actually, completely the opposite.

I noted the MBA had too large a footprint and it's LCD was 30% larger than what I was shopping for. Big deal! Get over it already. The MBA was designed to be thin, not small or compact. It accomplished it's objective (while maintaining a large LCD). It is the world's thinnest laptop. Tah dah. But with laptops already at ~1" thick, thinness was really no longer a problem. It's not 1997 any longer, we don't have laptops on the market 3" to 5" thick. So, the MBA went out and seemingly solved a problem that just no longer existed. I'd prefer the footprint of the 165C or even the 1400 over the large MBA.

I am not a fan of the new touch-mouse but I'm glad to see it selling well. If Apple has indeed hit a home run with their new mouse, it'll be great for my stock and I like that. After the ridiculous Hockey Puck Mouse, they owe all shareholders a success in this area.

Let it go, MobileMe, and please, stop putting words in other people's mouths... it's highly unsanitary.
Hot tub blonde, pouring champagne: "Say when..." Dangerfield: "Right after this drink."
Reply
Hot tub blonde, pouring champagne: "Say when..." Dangerfield: "Right after this drink."
Reply
post #95 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zep View Post

dude seriously. stop. its his opinion. let it go. let him have his opinion even IF ITS NOT THE SAME AS YOURS.

I could careless if they agree with me but, theirs a line when you say things that just aren't true. I respect your views and agree with certain points you or anybody else may have, BUT i will call anybody out on stupid fictions remarks.

I'm calling out the nonsense.

There are others who said they don't like the mouse but they never said it a POS or APPLE CAN NEVER MAKE A GOOD MOUSE etc...
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #96 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_s View Post

I've told you a billion times not to exaggerate.

I am disappointed in you, MobileMe. You're unfairly and childishly blowing my previously recounted dream machine all out of proportion here - yet again. I never asked for any of the absurd elements you wrote about, and especially never asked for anything that was "the size of a MacBook Air."

Actually, completely the opposite.

I noted the MBA had too large a footprint and it's LCD was 30% larger than what I was shopping for. Big deal! Get over it already. The MBA was designed to be thin, not small or compact. It accomplished it's objective (while maintaining a large LCD). It is the world's thinnest laptop. Tah dah. But with laptops already at ~1" thick, thinness was really no longer a problem. It's not 1997 any longer, we don't have laptops on the market 3" to 5" thick. So, the MBA went out and seemingly solved a problem that just no longer existed. I'd prefer the footprint of the 165C or even the 1400 over the large MBA.

I am not a fan of the new touch-mouse but I'm glad to see it selling well. If Apple has indeed hit a home run with their new mouse, it'll be great for my stock and I like that. After the ridiculous Hockey Puck Mouse, they owe all shareholders a success in this area.

Let it go, MobileMe, and please, stop putting words in other people's mouths... it's highly unsanitary.

Good one Matt
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #97 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

The Magic Mouse is a success. The numbers bear this out. The reviews bear this out. Acknowledge this, and then move on to list your issues with it.

You can use the argument for Britney Spears success. The fact of the matter is that you shouldn't have to lift your left finger to right click, and the tracking compared to decent mice like Logitech mice, sucks. Not to mention the mouse is just not ergonomic. I don't need to look at numbers or read reviews to know this. I know this from personal experience with the mouse myself, and having to explain things about the mouse to relations who bought them. And to top it all off I have a Logitech MX Revolution, so I know what it's like to own a great mouse. It's not just better than the MM, it's an order of magnitude better.

I notice you seem to be ignoring the bad reviews, and there are many of them. Most people agree on one fact, it's the best mouse Apple has made. But this means not much when you start using decent mice not made by Apple, if you bring that in the review, and you should if you are going to be unbiased then the MM mouse falls off the cliff in terms of review score.

To be balanced: Apple make the best keyboards money can buy now. And I love my SSD iMac and my SSD MacBook Air.

When it comes to mice Apple try to be a bit too clever for their own good. I'd say they could have a college course on mouse theory, but the problem is their mice just aren't that good, or that practical.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #98 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

I could careless if they agree with me but, theirs a line when you say things that just aren't true. I respect your views and agree with certain points you or anybody else may have, BUT i will call anybody out on stupid fictions remarks.

I'm calling out the nonsense.

There are others who said they don't like the mouse but they never said it a POS or APPLE CAN NEVER MAKE A GOOD MOUSE etc...

sigh... but you do care. you whine and make up crap like you posted.

that mouse is awful for long usage. it is highly uncomfortable.

and based on apple's previous track record with mice, they havent made a great mouse.
post #99 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

When can we expect you to release an amazing competitor to the Magic Mouse???

Invalid argument. One does not need to be able to make a given something in order to not like someone else made. Another example, I don't need to be playing a sport to be able to point out players that are exhibiting unsportsmanlike conduct.

Quote:
You obviously have superb expertise in the area of Mouse development. To con't say it's Crappy and a POS. "Hate Speech shows the Heart, your Heart reflects you, and from what I see there's nothing to look at " - Protestor for equality

Say what? What do complaints against a product, however strong, have to do with hate speech? Hate speech is making defamatory statements against specific people or demographics. Any other use undermines the meaning of hate speech.
post #100 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_s View Post

i've told you a billion times not to exaggerate. I am not a fan of the new touch-mouse but i'm glad to see it selling well. If apple has indeed hit a home run with their new mouse, it'll be great for my stock and i like that. After the ridiculous hockey puck mouse, they owe all shareholders a success in this area.


see people he's no fan of the mouse but has provided a well thought out opinion which is good.

He's not degrading a product

The post was actually funny IMO
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #101 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

C'Mon Man!, It's there 1st MULTI TOUCH MOUSE, we all know it could be better but it will get better over time.

Finally, some progress. And admission that: "we all know it could be better…"

That's just the point, Apple should already know this, and they should have added two physical buttons and just be done with it. If you think this mouse will change much in the next few years then you're living in the clouds. Apple thinks they "get mice", but they so do not. They are misguided when it comes to mice. But be sure I love many of their other products. We're talking about the Magic Mouse though, so why would I need to "show love".
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #102 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Invalid argument. One does not need to be able to make a given something in order to not like someone else made. Another example, I don't need to be playing a sport to be able to point out players that are exhibiting unsportsmanlike conduct.

Jeff (The GM) .... It's hard to not be biased when iDont see another Multi Touch Mouse on the Market?

Until we have different Multi Touch Mice, then Apple will have the edge in that particulary category of FULL MULTI TOUCH MICE..... You can't compare Laser Mice to Multi Touch... Thats like Comparing Dan Marino to Barry Sanders.

My complaint is that the people who are whining about how the Mouse SUCKS are comparing it to other mice that aren't even in the same category.

It would be totally different if the discussion were about Apple's Multi Touch Mouse vs Microsofts Multi Touch Mouse
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #103 of 202
I'll criticize Apple all I want, it's my human right to do so. Stop being so defense guys to Apple criticism and grow up a little.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #104 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Jeff (The GM) .... It's hard to not be biased when iDont see another Multi Touch Mouse on the Market?

Until we have different Multi Touch Mice, then Apple will have the edge in that particulary category of FULL MULTI TOUCH MICE..... You can't compare Laser Mice to Multi Touch... Thats like Comparing Dan Marino to Barry Sanders.

My complaint is that the people who are whining about how the Mouse SUCKS are comparing it to other mice that aren't even in the same category.

It would be totally different if the discussion were about Apple's Multi Touch Mouse vs Microsofts Multi Touch Mouse

uh the magic mouse is a laser mouse, so its in the same category. your comparison of marino and sanders is also a valid comparison as they were both football players.

if a mouse is uncomfortable, it doesnt matter what shiny feature it has. it sucks based on the fact it is not comfortable.

my complaint against you is you have no thought behind anything you post. if its anti-apple or anything against apple, its wrong and heresy. you then start to praise jobs like he is your savior. news flash... he isnt. he is a guy behind a company who makes usually good products. every company has some flops. apple is no different. their mice SUCK. end of story.
post #105 of 202
The people that think the Magic Mouse is hard to use must be complete morons. It isn't that hard to move the mouse around on the desk and push the left side or right side to click. I think they can even figure out how to move their finger back and forth to scroll too!

If they really can't figure out how to use a mouse, maybe they shouldn't be using a computer either.
post #106 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I'll criticize Apple all I want, it's my human right to do so. Stop being so defense guys to Apple criticism and grow up a little.

NO

Just Kidding .... TO ALL POSTERS ON AI Just keep make sure your Criticism are back by Facts So you can make better arguments
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #107 of 202
I must admit it took some getting used to but, after that the ease of scrolling up and down is a big help for my CTS.

24" iMac, 2 MB Pros, iPad Version 1, 2 x (iPhone 4s), Apple TV 3, a Shuffle and a couple of iTouches somewhere in the house. Spot on wall reserved for an Apple TV of some description. Oh yeah..and...

Reply

24" iMac, 2 MB Pros, iPad Version 1, 2 x (iPhone 4s), Apple TV 3, a Shuffle and a couple of iTouches somewhere in the house. Spot on wall reserved for an Apple TV of some description. Oh yeah..and...

Reply
post #108 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Jeff (The GM) .... It's hard to not be biased when iDont see another Multi Touch Mouse on the Market?

That's not a question, so why the question mark?

I don't think being it's own class necessarily matters for all comparisons. If it's not comfortable for a given person, be it for size, shape or response curve, it doesn't matter if it has a fancy innovative touch panel or not, it's not going to be used. Having or not having a new feature isn't always a good litmus test as to how well it works for a person.
post #109 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

NO

Just Kidding .... TO ALL POSTERS ON AI Just keep make sure your Criticism are back by Facts So you can make better arguments

Is all your praise backed by facts too?
post #110 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

NO

Just Kidding .... TO ALL POSTERS ON AI Just keep make sure your Criticism are back by Facts So you can make better arguments

you are the epitome of not taking your own advice. care to back up all your apple worshiping with facts?
post #111 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zep View Post

uh the magic mouse is a laser mouse, so its in the same category. your comparison of marino and sanders is also a valid comparison as they were both football players.

if a mouse is uncomfortable, it doesnt matter what shiny feature it has. it sucks based on the fact it is not comfortable.

my complaint against you is you have no thought behind anything you post. if its anti-apple or anything against apple, its wrong and heresy. you then start to praise jobs like he is your savior. news flash... he isnt. he is a guy behind a company who makes usually good products. every company has some flops. apple is no different. their mice SUCK. end of story.

I tried to be Nice Zep I really did jk :LOL: anyway..... When I say FULL MULTI TOUCH MOUSE, I mean FULL MULTI TOUCH MOUSE. Show me a mouse you can do finger gestures/swipes on??... SHOW ME!!??

The only complaint you should have against me is that when you complain, I show you that your complaints are worthless.

Yes your right anyone who goes against apple WITHOUT FACTS gets the "Steve Jobs Flame Thrower" released onto them. I praise only one person and thats NOT STEVE JOBS, its Jesus Christ.....Steve though is blessed with an ability and has always given us the BEST OF THE BEST, and I appreciate ALL he's been able to do for society.

Apple stays under a microscope because they RARELY do wrong. People like you and the Bandwagon Bashers crawl out from your catacombs to make invalid arguments against Apple. Which get shot down by me and any other people who defend Apple.

If you post facts behind your backless words then I'll be glad to agree and be quite. But until that day.......
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #112 of 202
Good=no more clogged scroll ball.
Bad=no more scroll ball button.

I had to adjust when switching from a Microsoft mouse to the Mighty Mouse. Once I did it was fine - except for that clogging scroll ball. Same with the Magic Mouse. I'm adapting to its different shape and operation as I continue to use it. It will be fine. Loving the track pad-like scrolling, including the acceleration. I've already activated a corner of the screen for launching Dashboard Widgets - not as convenient as the scroll ball as button, but close.

I can understand why it's selling well. It won't appeal to everyone, but no mouse does. The article isn't about YOU liking the mouse, it's about enough people liking it to double Apple's share of the market.
post #113 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Is all your praise backed by facts too?

Jeff did you take my pic down ??
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #114 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zep View Post

you are the epitome of not taking your own advice. care to back up all your apple worshiping with facts?

I'll venture to lend him a hand here.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...4&postcount=34

+

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...n_8_weeks.html

= Facts
post #115 of 202
The Guys over in GIZMODO

http://gizmodo.com/5386202/apple-magic-mouse-review

A windows mindset Perspective from CNET:

http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/apple-m...-33783857.html

Trends Review

http://www.digitaltrends.com/product...-mouse-review/

Please notice their "BAD" comments are due to there lack of being able to grasp the new frontier in which the Magic Mouse will evolve into.


PLUS EVERYONE FAILS TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE! APPLE WILL SOLVE YOUR WHINING COMPLAINTS WITH SOFTWARE UPDATES SINCE IT CAN ADD RIGHT CLICK ETC... THROUGH THEM.. Thats the Beauty of SOFTWARE, Just like how Apple solved the Keyboard issue for the iPhone and for phones in general. SOFTWARE INSIDE THE MOUSE CAN ENABLE TONS OF FEATURES YOU WANTED OR FEATURES YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU WANTED.
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
Apple!

Think Different
Reply
post #116 of 202
This amazes me. An article is published about Apple doubling its market share after the introduction of a new product. We then get 3 pages of flame wars (from Apple fans, no less!) about it being a POS and how everyone hates it! (I know not everyone says they hate it, but enough for me to generalize and not be exaggerating too much.) Maybe you guys should be frequenting an HP or Dell blog instead.
post #117 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

I tried to be Nice Zep I really did jk :LOL: anyway..... When I say FULL MULTI TOUCH MOUSE, I mean FULL MULTI TOUCH MOUSE. Show me a mouse you can do finger gestures/swipes on??... SHOW ME!!??

The only complaint you should have against me is that when you complain, I show you that your complaints are worthless.

Yes your right anyone who goes against apple WITHOUT FACTS gets the "Steve Jobs Flame Thrower" released onto them. I praise only one person and thats NOT STEVE JOBS, its Jesus Christ.....Steve though is blessed with an ability and has always given us the BEST OF THE BEST, and I appreciate ALL he's been able to do for society.

Apple stays under a microscope because they RARELY do wrong. People like you and the Bandwagon Bashers crawl out from your catacombs to make invalid arguments against Apple. Which get shot down by me and any other people who defend Apple.

If you post facts behind your backless words then I'll be glad to agree and be quite. But until that day.......

you really are a piece of work.

fine. you want some facts from review sites since you have never backed any of your praise of apple being amazing for society.


Quote:
As much as we love Apple products, the Mighty Mouse has just never been all that comfortable to use; Bluetooth and laser-tracking are certainly nice additions, but until they make these things more ergonomic, we're holding on to our Logitech gear.

source: http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/25/b...ady-available/

Quote:
Pros: I like the touch sensitive surface and the sleek design. Bluetooth is also nice as it frees up a usb port on my MBP.

Cons: Ergonomically it's a bust. If you need to use it more than 30 minutes, it's a pain, literally. Also the bluetooth doesn't play well with my Unibody MBP. When my mac wakes up, the mouse isn't reconnected automatically. I have to manually reconnect.

source: http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/apple-m...3783857-5.html

there are more. note this is for both mice, uncomfortable POSs. im not going to clog up the forum with more links as they are quite easy to find. and with the way you talk about jobs being so great, you praise him too.

big companies are always under the microscope. its part of it. i will praise apple when they deserve it. they do not deserve it on their mice. they have always been uncomfortable to me for extended use.
post #118 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Please notice their "BAD" comments are due to there lack of being able to grasp the new frontier in which the Magic Mouse will evolve into.

what does not having to grasp the idea behind the magic mouse have to do with it being uncomfortable? nothing. it is impossible for you to see the bad in apple.
post #119 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

The people that think the Magic Mouse is hard to use must be complete morons.

The problem with that thinking is the assumption that everyone is a geek. This hidden button-lift a finger, crappy tracking, unergonomic crap could be avoided if Apple was so darn stubborn when it came to mice. Apple never got nice and they probably never will. When you get a good mouse you'll understand that someday, if your fanboy will let you.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #120 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

I tried to be Nice Zep I really did jk :LOL: anyway..... When I say FULL MULTI TOUCH MOUSE, I mean FULL MULTI TOUCH MOUSE. Show me a mouse you can do finger gestures/swipes on??... SHOW ME!!??

Touchy touchy.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Magic Mouse helps Apple double share of market in 8 weeks