Originally Posted by mitchelljd
Apple TV is a bit long on needing a vibrant upgrade. in my belief it needs1- Larger hard drive 500gb+
option, also ability to add extra storage externally via USB, Firewire or ESata.2- upgrade 1080p programming
to hdtv3- Open up the Apple TV
- allow third party programs and developers, allow Netflix, Amazon, Blockbuster, Vudu and others to stream/download content to the device.4- Apple TV app store-
have it be able to be used for alot more. let developers create games, apps and so much more for5- Videoconferencing
- add ability for people to add a cam, hell apple could make a cam. so people can do video calls not just on their computer. but allow it to be used not only with ichat/aol chats, ie Skype app to use it. and who knows. other corporate ways. let Cisco create a app to use on it.6- Blu-Ray
- it is long overdue for apple to support Blu-Ray properly. to be a proper computer company it can't block technology which "competes" with itunes. Mac OS X must be open, as should all of Apple's products. sad to see things end up being more closed and well restricted to what Apple approves only.7- Bluetooth
- have the ability to add alot of extra add on's via this great tech. from headsets, to keyboards and gaming controllers8- USB port fully functional
- if you can add a camera, and external mic and more... why stop there... allow companies to add all sorts of extra devices and be able to build out a properly functional media center / computer apple tv.
I would be alot happier if i could use my apple tv as a place for all the blu-Ray digital copies i have or maybe even a place to store movies i buy from apple itunes movie store. but do NOT want to keep on my laptop because it would take up too much room in my laptop. or even desktop.
Anyway, it would be awesome to really make more of this device as a proper home media center and computing entertainment center.