post #161 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

Again, I was responding to "Since computers are machines whose performance is measurable and quantifiable. When ever anyone attempts to argue how Apple is over priced, I asked them to point out any other computer brand that can out perform an Apple machine for a lower price. No one has yet been able to do it."

"measurable and quantifiable" are the criteria that the delusional one wanted, and so that's the criteria I focused on. Listen - I'll admit that the MBP is very pretty and sleek. It is a beauty queen.

But the Mac-Gamer guy wanted performance specs, so that's what I focused on. I quoted two reviews from the same publication using the same benchmark tests. The quad-core Dell trounced the duo-core Mac (Duh - what a surprise!) and the idiot couldn't accept that his delusions were at odds with objective reality.

And he wouldn't accept that Apple does not make high-end laptops (performance-wise), but instead they use last-year's tech and put it in a nice package.

Yes - Apple products are pretty. Yes - Apple products are well engineered. Yes - Apple products are satisfying.

But the performance/price ratio is NOT superior to the alternatives. And until Apple catches up, anybody looking for a high-end (meaning high-performance) laptop should look elsewhere, and anyone looking for bang for the buck should look elsewhere.

agreed lol, just get a computer thats components worth with OSX and then install OSX, congrats u saved 1000-1500 dollars and can have both OS's (and linux 2 if u want XD)

PC means personal computer.  

i have processing issues, mostly trying to get my ideas into speech and text.

if i say something confusing please tell me!

PC means personal computer.  

i have processing issues, mostly trying to get my ideas into speech and text.

if i say something confusing please tell me!