or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Os9

Os9

post #1 of 5
I have a titanium g4 powerbook. Is os9 the only operating system i can use? It's so hard to find at a decent price.
post #2 of 5
I surmise that your computer shipped with MacOS 9.1. You may upgrade to MacOS 9 to MacOS 9.2.2 and install any version of MacOS X up to MacOS X 10.4.11. I strongly recommend that you install MacOS X 10.4 and MacOS 9.2.1 and then upgrade to MacOS 9.2.2 and MacOS X 10.4.11 via Software Update. You should retain the ability to boot directly into MacOS 9 and to use MacOS 9.2.2 as your Classic environment.
post #3 of 5
Unless you have a specific need for it, I'd skip the OS9 install completely.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #4 of 5
There's always Linux.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #5 of 5
Wait, this thread is called OS9 and it's in the Applications Forum, but, there's a Mac OS Forum.??? There's also a Genius Bar Forum, but that's clearly not relevant.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Os9