Originally Posted by success
No, let's examine what YOU'RE saying. What you and others fail to see however obvious it should be, is that having an extra battery ready in your bag is a HELL OF A LOT more convenient that waiting for when there might be a USB port around or carry one of those fugly iPhone battery extenders which increase your phone length by 30% and defeat the purpose of having a small sleek iPhone. If my battery dies you need a USB port or need to be plugged into to an outlet.
Now THAT is inconvenient. A brand new battery is just that. A new battery. And my iPhone looks the same and I'm not attached to any cables. And the other argument about having an extra piece that might break off is stupid too because most people have a 3rd party cover so you'd never see the battery cover.
Let me try to break it down into manageable parts
1) You plug in the batter pack BEFORE the phone dies, when youre not using it. Try to be proactive in life, not reactive.
2) Might be a USB port around? That makes no sense. The iPhone and other phones power through a USB port. They come with power adapters that push power from a wall socket to a USB port. Any one of these can charge both devices at once. It doesnt get any easier.
3) Having an extra battery with you defeats the purpose already. If you are going to have an extra battery on you, might as be smart about how you do it.
4) Still not getting it, eh? The battery NEVER has to die. The phone should NEVER be off for the duration you own it, expect for the reboot from OS updates.
5) I NEVER want to take my phone apart to change batteries. I NEVER want my phone to be offline. I NEVER want to have to forego using my phone because I have to have plugged in to charge an additional battery.
6) Finally, youre right, many use protective covers on these expensive phones so the battery cover falling off wont happen, but now I have the additional inconvenience of having to remove the cover to switch batteries for extended use and recharging each battery while Im sleeping. That is soooo convenient!
Seriously, how can you not see that each of those steps to take your phone apart and then again to charge up additional batteries is not convenient? How can you think this is what people want to do over having a larger battery in a small space with a simple inline add-on that can be added before you run into problems.
Scenerio1 : Went out to dinner the other night. Battery down to 30%. Put phone on silent and plugged in additional battery. 15 minutes later its up to 85% charged, by end of dinner its fully charged with battery pack still with plenty of juice. Put battery pack in console of car and went out with a single charged phone that never had to have the case removed, the back removed just to charge it.
Scenerio 2: Getting home and ready for bed, phone almost dead and 2 additional batteries almost dead.. Have an early start and want to sleep through the night uninterrupted. Plug in batteries to wall or PC, then plug phone into one of those batteries. All batteries, all at once being charged without taking it apart. No late night musical battery bay maneuvering to get me ready for the next day.