or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Intel says Core i5-based MacBook Pro promo was a mistake
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Intel says Core i5-based MacBook Pro promo was a mistake

post #1 of 35
Thread Starter 
After a worldwide promotional e-mail seemingly revealed a forthcoming Intel Core i5-equipped MacBook Pro, the chip maker has modified the contest and apologized.

A newly revised e-mail sent to members of the Intel Retail Edge Program has changed the contest to offer a new HP Envy laptop, equipped with the new Core i5 processor.

"In our previous communications about the January prize draw, we got the processor right, but not the computer," the new e-mail states. "When you pass this month's trainings, you'll be automatically eligible for 2 chances to win 1 of 2 HP ENVY laptops with the accelerated response of an Intel Core i5 processor."

"We apologize for any confusion," it continues. "Visit the Intel Retail Edge Program website for more great tools, sales tips, technology information, and incredible prizes!"

On Wednesday, the chip maker caused a stir when its Retail Edge Program offered two chances to win a MacBook Pro equipped with an Intel Core i5 processor. Currently, the MacBook Pro line employes the Core 2 Duo processors.

The Retail Edge Program allows retail employees who sell Intel products to access technical knowledge and sales tips, which gives them the opportunity to earn "chips" which can be exchanged for products. The program also offers occasional contests and giveaways.



Intel's mobile Core i5 processor is considered to be a likely candidate for a coming MacBook Pro refresh. The new processors improve on the previous line of Core 2 Duo chips, which can be found in the new MacBook, MacBook Pro and iMac. Apple uses the mobile variants of Intel's desktop chips for those systems.

At CES last week, Intel formally introduced its new line of processors, which include the Core i3, i5 and i7. The first 32 nanometer processors have the major northbridge memory controller components built in.

The new Core i5 processors were benchmarked earlier this month and found to have better performance than their Core 2 Duo predecessors, without a negative impact on battery life. Based on the Arrandale architecture, the new chips use a 32nm Westmere Core and a 45nm chipset, allowing improved speed, better graphics, lower power consumption, and smaller motherboards.

post #2 of 35
Quote:
Intel says Core i5-based MacBook Pro promo was a mistake

A mistake it was released that is...


So don't go buying any new Mac right now until the refresh!

Force Apple to dump the old ones at a discount.



(edited out by mactripper)
The danger is that we sleepwalk into a world where cabals of corporations control not only the mainstream devices and the software on them, but also the entire ecosystem of online services around...
Reply
The danger is that we sleepwalk into a world where cabals of corporations control not only the mainstream devices and the software on them, but also the entire ecosystem of online services around...
Reply
post #3 of 35
Actually I think it sounds reasonable. Although I haven't seen any previous emails like this from Intel, I would say it seemed unlike Apple's style - but then again it's not coming directly from Apple. The end of January just seems to close to release new Macbook updates. We'll see.
Macbook 2.2GHz (2007)
Mac Mini - 2.4 Ghz (2010)
Reply
Macbook 2.2GHz (2007)
Mac Mini - 2.4 Ghz (2010)
Reply
post #4 of 35
Of course it's just a mistake. They probably got scared that Apple would pull the same stunt they did on ATI when they announced early that they would be used in the new Macs. Either that, or they showed marketing the Envy and they confused it with the MacBook Pro (unlikely).
GIGO. The truth in all of life.
Reply
GIGO. The truth in all of life.
Reply
post #5 of 35
A 'mistake'

Yeesh. We know the i5 (looks like 'g5' made it after all, PPC Mac huggers?) is coming.

Just a matter of when. Around the same time of the slate I should imagine. It's funny to be this far into Jan' and no Apple announcements, eh? I miss Macworld.

Still, we now have APPLEWorld. At a time Apple chooses.

I like their autonomy. It makes it even more exciting in someways. You KNOW if they call an event they ARE ready.

Lemon Bon Bon.

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

 

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Reply

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

 

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Reply
post #6 of 35
Yeah fuckin right!
post #7 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles77 View Post

Of course it's just a mistake. They probably got scared that Apple would pull the same stunt they did on ATI when they announced early that they would be used in the new Macs. Either that, or they showed marketing the Envy and they confused it with the MacBook Pro (unlikely).

Remember it's intel not ATI. Where Apple will go if they ditch intel?
post #8 of 35
I'll bet that sales of existing MacBook Pros dry up very quickly.

Although it seems to have been Intel's mistake, Apple needs to move on this right away and get new models out there.
post #9 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by holywarrior007 View Post

Remember it's intel not ATI. Where Apple will go if they ditch intel?

To ARM or AMD? What a silly question. It seems more likely, though, that Intel will want Apple to stay onboard, because that means the most desirable computers in the world will be equipped with their chips and not a competitor's.
post #10 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by holywarrior007 View Post

Remember it's intel not ATI. Where Apple will go if they ditch intel?

did they not buy their own processor company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plovell View Post

I'll bet that sales of existing MacBook Pros dry up very quickly.

Although it seems to have been Intel's mistake, Apple needs to move on this right away and get new models out there.

Apple doesn't need to move on anything all because some other company blurted out bad info.

also, Apple is pretty good at slowing down or even halting production of a product about to be cut out of the line up. Mainly because they need to assemble the new stuff. That is the beauty of their system. They don't say until they have something at least ready to make, if not to ship. So they won't be worried about those old MBPs or even MBs. The channel will be drying up due to lack of shipments. Something we haven't heard rumors about yet. And typically those notes turn up as early as a month before. Certainly if there's an announcement in two weeks of new laptops being shipped we'd have heard it by now.
post #11 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by holywarrior007 View Post

Remember it's intel not ATI. Where Apple will go if they ditch intel?

Apple may just skip Arrandale. It's a definite possibility that would not be above Apple.
GIGO. The truth in all of life.
Reply
GIGO. The truth in all of life.
Reply
post #12 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles77 View Post

Apple may just skip Arrandale. It's a definite possibility that would not be above Apple.

I hope not and I dont think so. Were overdue for a MBP update and CPU release time and specs all fit nicely.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #13 of 35
Could Intel's "mistake" (which could affect sales of current Apple laptops) have been retribution for Apple choosing ARM over Atom for tablet????? Conspiracy theorists and Machiavellians want to know?
post #14 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

did they not buy their own processor company.



Apple doesn't need to move on anything all because some other company blurted out bad info.

also, Apple is pretty good at slowing down or even halting production of a product about to be cut out of the line up. Mainly because they need to assemble the new stuff. That is the beauty of their system. They don't say until they have something at least ready to make, if not to ship. So they won't be worried about those old MBPs or even MBs. The channel will be drying up due to lack of shipments. Something we haven't heard rumors about yet. And typically those notes turn up as early as a month before. Certainly if there's an announcement in two weeks of new laptops being shipped we'd have heard it by now.

Apples mac sales are apparently way up right now so they could in theory push back the date when they stop shipping laptops. I wouldn't write off a laptop announcement just because we haven't heard of shortages yet. Ideally, the only shortage would be on the day of the announcement
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
Reply
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
Reply
post #15 of 35
Understandable mistake, the Envy machines look very similar to Macbook Pros - could be a subtle jab from someone.

I'd still expect Core i5 MBPs though because they will look quite bad next to the Envy without them.
post #16 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartfat View Post

To ARM or AMD? What a silly question. It seems more likely, though, that Intel will want Apple to stay onboard, because that means the most desirable computers in the world will be equipped with their chips and not a competitor's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

did they not buy their own processor company.

What you guys don't understand is that Apple is stuck with Intel ever since they committed to x86. Intel owns x86, AMD is licensing it (with the help of some court battles). ARM and PA Semi don't even have access to it. This means Apple is stuck with Intel, even if they go with AMD, since AMD also depends on Intel's instruction set. Apple has no choice but to stick with this decision because there's no way they can change directions so dramatically right now with a new OS written for a new instruction set and ask all their developers to re-deploy their code once again for a new instruction set.
post #17 of 35
HP Envy ... as in "You wish this were a MacBook Pro that person over there has, but all you can do is be filled with Envy, because you're stuck with an HP."

I wonder if Apple went to them and said,"Yeah, about the MacBooks for your sales promo? Not gonna happen. Pick a new machine."

- Jasen.
post #18 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarein View Post

What you guys don't understand is that Apple is stuck with Intel ever since they committed to x86. Intel owns x86, AMD is licensing it (with the help of some court battles). ARM and PA Semi don't even have access to it. This means Apple is stuck with Intel, even if they go with AMD, since AMD also depends on Intel's instruction set. Apple has no choice but to stick with this decision because there's no way they can change directions so dramatically right now with a new OS written for a new instruction set and ask all their developers to re-deploy their code once again for a new instruction set.

AMD owns x86 just as much as Intel. all the 64 bit instructions on Intel CPU's were originally created by AMD
post #19 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarein View Post

What you guys don't understand is that Apple is stuck with Intel ever since they committed to x86. Intel owns x86, AMD is licensing it (with the help of some court battles). ARM and PA Semi don't even have access to it. This means Apple is stuck with Intel, even if they go with AMD, since AMD also depends on Intel's instruction set. Apple has no choice but to stick with this decision because there's no way they can change directions so dramatically right now with a new OS written for a new instruction set and ask all their developers to re-deploy their code once again for a new instruction set.

I think your comments are wrong about x86

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64
post #20 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Bon Bon. View Post

A 'mistake'

Yeesh. We know the i5 (looks like 'g5' made it after all, PPC Mac huggers?) is coming.

Just a matter of when. Around the same time of the slate I should imagine. It's funny to be this far into Jan' and no Apple announcements, eh? I miss Macworld.

Still, we now have APPLEWorld. At a time Apple chooses.

I like their autonomy. It makes it even more exciting in someways. You KNOW if they call an event they ARE ready.

Lemon Bon Bon.

cool beans
hey L B B YOU THINK apple will keep the 2 gpu chip set up on the new MBP with the new intel chips??
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #21 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

AMD owns x86 just as much as Intel. all the 64 bit instructions on Intel CPU's were originally created by AMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

I think your comments are wrong about x86

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64

x86-64 is just an extension of x86. It was created by AMD but Intel is able to use it because of the cross-licensing agreement between Intel and AMD. Intel still controls core aspects of x86 with their patents, but AMD can use them too because of the cross-licensing deal. I don't see how this contradicts my statement. If the cross-licensing deal is terminated (which might happen, AMD is a bit unstable right now) x86 goes back to Intel. Of course it would be damaging to Intel as well since it loses some key AMD technologies.
post #22 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarein View Post

x86-64 is just an extension of x86. It was created by AMD but Intel is able to use it because of the cross-licensing agreement between Intel and AMD. Intel still controls core aspects of x86 with their patents, but AMD can use them too because of the cross-licensing deal. I don't see how this contradicts my statement. If the cross-licensing deal is terminated (which might happen, AMD is a bit unstable right now) x86 goes back to Intel. Of course it would be damaging to Intel as well since it loses some key AMD technologies.

1) You ignore that Apple and other PC makers will rely on some 3rd-party to design and build the CPU making me scratch my head as to why youd even bring it up.

2) There are already issue with monopoly positions in the PC market. Intel cant and wont destroy AMDs position in the market.

3) Apple isnt stuck because intel is dominate, Apple has chosen to be stuck" because Intel offers the best solution for the PC market they they mostly do business in. For iDevices (and likely the next AppleTV and tablet) they are stuck because they are the best choice available.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #23 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) You ignore that Apple and other PC makers will rely on some 3rd-party to design and build the CPU making me scratch my head as to why you’d even bring it up.

2) There are already issue with monopoly positions in the PC market. Intel can’t and won’t destroy AMD’s position in the market.

3) Apple isn’t stuck because intel is dominate, Apple has chosen to be “stuck" because Intel offers the best solution for the PC market they they mostly do business in. For iDevices (and likely the next AppleTV and tablet) they are “stuck” because they are the best choice available.

1. Any third party that designs x86-compatible CPUs will need to license x86 from Intel first.

2. Probably true, although AMD may still blow up on its own. It's a tricky situation, and I'd like to see Intel lose its monopoly like many people. Sometimes it seems this whole industry is patched together with lawsuits and court orders.

3. I don't see how this is relevant, I never speculated on why Apple went with Intel. I'm only talking about the rather obvious fact that now that Apple has made the transition to x86, they are going to be stuck with it for quite a while because they could not possibly ask their developers to make yet another transition so soon.
post #24 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartfat View Post

To ARM or AMD? What a silly question. It seems more likely, though, that Intel will want Apple to stay onboard, because that means the most desirable computers in the world will be equipped with their chips and not a competitor's.

Your answer is rather quite stupid. Apple went to Intel, not the other way round. Get a life fanboy.
post #25 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by holywarrior007 View Post

Your answer is rather quite stupid. Apple went to Intel, not the other way round. Get a life fanboy.

no
intel begged apple for crumbs from its table

and intel hit a grand slam

look at apples sales

your fanboy crack is what is the real stuupid face here . i guess german people have no sence of fun
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #26 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarein View Post

What you guys don't understand is that Apple is stuck with Intel ever since they committed to x86. Intel owns x86, AMD is licensing it (with the help of some court battles). ARM and PA Semi don't even have access to it. This means Apple is stuck with Intel, even if they go with AMD, since AMD also depends on Intel's instruction set. Apple has no choice but to stick with this decision because there's no way they can change directions so dramatically right now with a new OS written for a new instruction set and ask all their developers to re-deploy their code once again for a new instruction set.

AMD and Intel have a cross-licensing agreement. They license x86 and AMD64 (x86-64, x64) technology to each other.

At the moment Intel's CPUs are the best performance per dollar and best for sales (Windows compatibility via Boot Camp / Parallels / VMWare) hence they'll use it. There is no technical need holding them back from switching to another architecture, only marketing and third party application compatibility. As there's no technical need to switch because of the performance and other advantages, Apple will stay with x86 for at least a few more years - but only for the computers.

ARM is perfect for Apple's mobile device needs, and I'm sure they'll be dragging it upwards throughout their line. Especially if they can badger Intel with that in order to obtain discounts. Intel announced 65% gross margins today, so there is plenty of room to barter there.
post #27 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

no
intel begged apple for crumbs from its table

and intel hit a grand slam

look at apples sales

your fanboy crack is what is the real stuupid face here . i guess german people have no sence of fun

Oh yeh..would you please share some information that how intel begged Apple to use their chips. No one would mind expanding their business. Had Apple not gone with intel chips, they would not have secured whatever little part of the computer market that have currently. One more fact that Apple might have reinvented itself but they have a long way to go to capture a sizable portion of the computer market in order to profit intel's chip business.

I like MacBooks as well, and in fact I own one. But I am not a stupid fanboy like you.

Let me point your stupidity here. I currently live in Germany but it doesn't mean that I am a German. Now what should I say about your sense of humor and your shameless attempt to insult a whole nation and its people. Pathetic I guess.
post #28 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarein View Post

1. Any third party that designs x86-compatible CPUs will need to license x86 from Intel first.

2. Probably true, although AMD may still blow up on its own. It's a tricky situation, and I'd like to see Intel lose its monopoly like many people. Sometimes it seems this whole industry is patched together with lawsuits and court orders.

3. I don't see how this is relevant, I never speculated on why Apple went with Intel. I'm only talking about the rather obvious fact that now that Apple has made the transition to x86, they are going to be stuck with it for quite a while because they could not possibly ask their developers to make yet another transition so soon.


intel rules because their manufacturing operation is top notch. AMD has always had manufacturing problems.

they use the development fabs in Oregon to work out manufacturing issues and then pass on the lessons learned to their other fabs. all the 32nm CPU's being produced now are being made in Oregon. AMD has always had one or two fabs, ATI blew up in their face which was a dumb merger and they had yield issues with the 45nm process. the reason Dell and HP don't use AMD is in bulk is that AMD can't promise them the numbers of chips they need if they were to sell more AMD computers.
post #29 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by holywarrior007 View Post

Oh yeh..would you please share some information that how intel begged Apple to use their chips. No one would mind expanding their business. Had Apple not gone with intel chips, they would not have secured whatever little part of the computer market that have currently. One more fact that Apple might have reinvented itself but they have a long way to go to capture a sizable portion of the computer market in order to profit intel's chip business.

I like MacBooks as well, and in fact I own one. But I am not a stupid fanboy like you.

Let me point your stupidity here. I currently live in Germany but it doesn't mean that I am a German. Now what should I say about your sense of humor and your shameless attempt to insult a whole nation and its people. Pathetic I guess.

Cool it with the personal attacks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

intel rules because their manufacturing operation is top notch. AMD has always had manufacturing problems.

they use the development fabs in Oregon to work out manufacturing issues and then pass on the lessons learned to their other fabs. all the 32nm CPU's being produced now are being made in Oregon. AMD has always had one or two fabs, ATI blew up in their face which was a dumb merger and they had yield issues with the 45nm process. the reason Dell and HP don't use AMD is in bulk is that AMD can't promise them the numbers of chips they need if they were to sell more AMD computers.

Also, Intel chips are more power friendly for the same performance in the mobile market. For that reason, Id never buy an AMD chip for a notebook.

Not sure about the server-side, but power saving are important to corporations. I think AMD still has some advantages over Intel in that market segment.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #30 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Also, Intel chips are more power friendly for the same performance in the mobile market. For that reason, I’d never buy an AMD chip for a notebook.

Not sure about the server-side, but power saving are important to corporations. I think AMD still has some advantages over Intel in that market segment.

Power ultimately is related to manufacturing. And the person you responded to is correct, AMD lags there primarily. They're about a year behind Intel on manufacturing processes, and it hurts them in the power/heat comparison. This may change now that AMD's fabs have been spun off into their own company, GlobalFoundries, assuming GF is successful at finding non-AMD business and making the money to implement new processes faster.

AMD also lacks the R&D to design and test new processors at the rate Intel achieves. They have good designs, they just don't have the money. It all comes back to $$$. Intel has it, AMD doesn't.
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattig View Post

There is no technical need holding them back from switching to another architecture, only marketing and third party application compatibility. As there's no technical need to switch because of the performance and other advantages, Apple will stay with x86 for at least a few more years - but only for the computers.
.

You say that as if it's not a big deal...

What is a computer used for, if not to run applications? Switching to a new platform would not only means that all the third party developers will have to transition, but all the first party applications will need to be reworked too, including the OS, all the utilities that run on it, and all the Apple-developed software for it. Apple just made this huge transition a few years back, do you really think they will be able to do it again so soon?
post #32 of 35
Hello and sorry for interrupt the intelligent discussion is going on, I just registered yesterday and this is actually my first post. I bought a MacBook Pro 15' Monday the 11th Jan at my local Best Buy. After a week of enjoying the machine I read a rumor on youtube comments about a new MBP Model that would be showcased on Jan 27th.

So I google-ed this rumor to find out how bogus / not-bogus could it be, and ended up in this user-mac forums, appleinsider, and for my surprise I see that there are actually two topics regarding the rumor, the intel Core i5 email thread that started the whole speculation over the internet and this mistake from intel thread.

Since the Best Buy return policy allows me a window of 14 days I was thinking in doing so (8 days left from today), but now that I read this "mistake from intel email thread" I may not do it, and to be honest I'm confused whether I should or should not return it, I know that in the computer world a refresh is a normal thing to happen, but a "processor" refresh is a dramatic-critical one in my opinion.

So now that intel itself clarified it was a mistake should I stick with my new MBP ? or it will really happen on Jan 27 ?

Again sorry for interrupting the discussion but I really need your honest opinion.

Regards,
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becko View Post

Hello and sorry for interrupt the intelligent discussion is going on, I just registered yesterday and this is actually my first post. I bought a MacBook Pro 15' Monday the 11th Jan at my local Best Buy. After a week of enjoying the machine I read a rumor on youtube comments about a new MBP Model that would be showcased on Jan 27th.

So I google-ed this rumor to find out how bogus / not-bogus could it be, and ended up in this user-mac forums, appleinsider, and for my surprise I see that there are actually two topics regarding the rumor, the intel Core i5 email thread that started the whole speculation over the internet and this mistake from intel thread.

Since the Best Buy return policy allows me a window of 14 days I was thinking in doing so (8 days left from today), but now that I read this "mistake from intel email thread" I may not do it, and to be honest I'm confused whether I should or should not return it, I know that in the computer world a refresh is a normal thing to happen, but a "processor" refresh is a dramatic-critical one in my opinion.

So now that intel itself clarified it was a mistake should I stick with my new MBP ? or it will really happen on Jan 27 ?

Again sorry for interrupting the discussion but I really need your honest opinion.

Regards,

The answer is no one really knows for sure, and those who do know are not allowed to say anything. So new models are possible, but uncertain. If you can return your laptop without a restocking fee and can live without a laptop for a couple of weeks, though, then why not return it? If nothing comes out before the end of the month you can just buy the computer again. But if there's a restocking fee or if you really need a laptop meanwhile then it may not be worth it to wait on a rumor.
post #34 of 35
Well actually Best Buy policy for notebooks returns has a 15% restocking fee, ... mmm, I think I'm gonna stick with my current MBP model, I know anything could happen though, but if the same source that started this rumor, the intel internal email, is now saying it was a "mistake" ... I guess we'll have to wait till Jan 27th.
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becko View Post

Well actually Best Buy policy for notebooks returns has a 15% restocking fee, ... mmm, I think I'm gonna stick with my current MBP model, I know anything could happen though, but if the same source that started this rumor, the intel internal email, is now saying it was a "mistake" ... I guess we'll have to wait till Jan 27th.

The best thing to do when buying an Apple product is to look at a buyers guide, like the one at MacRumors. They tell you useful information about the average time between HW updates and times since the last update.
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ As you can see, the average for the MBP is 200 days and they are about a month over that mean timeframe.

There are other clues, but they take a little more in-depth knowledge. Like Intel now up to speed with Core-i3, i5 and 32nm Core-i7 processors which also tell us its about time for Apple to issue updates. This is Apple so waiting a month to work out some kinks or to delay for a more opportune time that doesnt conflict with other updates is in their nature.

I think we may see MBP updates this week if they only do a basic performance bump. If we dont, it becomes more likely that Apple will release new MBPs with some major changes. Still, nothing is certain.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Intel says Core i5-based MacBook Pro promo was a mistake