or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Democratic Dirty Tricks - Massachusetts Edition

Democratic Dirty Tricks - Massachusetts Edition

post #1 of 186
Anyone who enjoys discussing politics knows that there is a special election for the vacant senate seat coming up in Massachusetts. Polls have shown that the headwinds and resistance to Democratic policies is growing so strong that in this bluest of blue states, the Democratic nominee, Attorney General Martha Coakley, is in danger of losing to Republican Scott Brown.

The race has partially become a referendum about national health care. However rather than appealing to the better natures of their constituents, especially since Democrats enjoy a huge registration advantage in the state, the liberal media complex and Democratic Party have decided to pull out their bag of tricks and scare the hell out of people. Some of these tricks have been used so often that they are becoming predictable.

First you have Chris Matthews, a member of the Democrat Media Complex complaining and fussing that times are so hard, and people so ticked off that it appears you can't buy them off anymore.

Quote:
CHRIS MATTHEWS, HOST: You know in the old days, maybe I shouldn`t be harkening back to the old days, if the Democrats faced this kind of a disaster in the works, you`d go back to your ones, the people you were sure are going to vote Democrat, and you`d make sure they got to the polling place, you`d get them lunch, you`d get them a car.

TODD: Right.

MATTHEWS: You`d make sure they got there and in some cases you`d be buying people to get them, not officially buying them, but getting them there as block secretaries, as block captains, you`d be getting them there with street money, legitimate but it`s a little bit old school.

TODD: Right.

MATTHEWS: But I hear talking to somebody today there aren`t people up there in Massachusetts like that anymore. There aren`t those automatic Democrat votes, those ones anymore. You can`t count on anybody. You go to the regulars and they say well, I`m ticked off about taxes, too. Is that right?

TODD: No. It is and it doesn`t help that Coakley didn`t have a great relationship with sort of the Democratic hierarchy there in Massachusetts, so all of a sudden she`s in panic mode and everybody`s going uh-huh, but we`ll see. You`re right, Chris, it isn`t the old machine that`s up there.

MATTHEWS: Well the street corner guys are probably getting called on a bit too late perhaps. We`ll see. It could be very close. Thank you, Chuck Todd. It`s a great to have a pro.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...#ixzz0cpqh9jqf

Then there is the always popular rape treatment claims. For Palin it was paying for your own rape kit but for Brown, they had to one up themselves and say the hospitals would just throw you into the streets.

Finally, if you can't buy the votes, if you can't terrify someone it to pulling a lever or punching a chad out by claiming Scott Brown will personally kick your daughter in her va-jay-jay after she's been raped, (Probably by his old fraternity brothers) then you simply have to advocate outright cheating and stealing of the election.

Quote:
SCHULTZ (23:02): I tell you what, if I lived in Massachusetts I'd try to vote 10 times. I don't know if they'd let me or not, but I'd try to. Yeah, that's right. I'd cheat to keep these bastards out. I would. 'Cause that's exactly what they are.

Heaven forbid this thing go to a recount. If it does hopefully Republicans have learned their lesson after Dino and Coleman. Dems will raise the dead to have them vote and won't mind if they do it ten times. Even if Brown wins, they might conveniently not seat him for a while anyway.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 186
That's all just a distraction trumptman. Pick up a mop.
post #3 of 186
A recount?

I wager anyone that if the election looks to be around 2000 (or less) vote ;ead for the Republican, the following will happen:

1) A liberal judge will order polling places in urban/heavily democratic areas kept open late. If that does not work and Brown wins then...

2) A recount will ensue. Votes will be "discovered" in Democratic/urban counties. Several boxes will have been found to have been misplaced, and now entered into the tally for the Democrat.

3) Ballots once found unqualified will be pulled from the reject pile and "re-examined" and lo and behold, most of them will be for the Democart.

4) A closer exam of overseas military ballots will suggest they be disallowed for any number of reasons.

And"SHZAM" the recount will award the election to the democrat.

I think is is like some kind of natural law that there are always democratic votes ready to be disintered from the grave...sometimes literally.
post #4 of 186
Yes! It's DESPICABLE those Democratic CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!! doing BAD THINGS that REPUBLICAN HUMANS would NEVER DO!

republicans ARE BETTER HUMAN BEINGS, CUNT CUNT IT!

Look:

Quote:
Saturday, January 16, 9:30 AM
Questions call 617-241-0200.
CHARLESTOWN: Coakley HQ, 529 Main Street, Schraffts Building 10AM-9PM
LOWELL: Marcotte Law Firm, 45 Merrimack St 9:30AM-4:30 PM
QUINCY: SEIU/NAGE, 159 Burgin Parkway 10AM-6PM
SPRINGFIELD: SEIU/NAGE, 1299 Page Blvd 12PM-8PM
BOSTON: Unite Here, 33 Harrison Ave 10AM-9PM
BEVERLY: Alexander, Femino Law Firm, 1 School St 12PM-4PM
WORCESTER: EAW, 397 Grove Street 10AM-8:30PM

and

Quote:
Jot down there callback number put it on autodial

Reminisce about the good old days

Ask about their grandkids and family and ask if theyre voting for coakley are any of them in the military? Why not? Whats wrong with that

when they eventually hang up start calling them back on autodial to talk

Anyone have access to any robocall setups?

just a thought Off to conventionland again in AMGood luck up North next Tuesday-dont forget to be ready to call shenanigans etc

and

Quote:
Post callers numbers so we all can call them back. We can tie them up more!

SEE on one blog they've EVEN POSTED the ADDRESSES and TELEPHONE NUMBERS of the TELEPHONE BANKS of the EVIL CUNT BITCH WHORE who is standing for ELECTION and urging people TO WASTE THEIR TIME and MAKE IT HARD FOR THEM TO GET OUT OUT THE VOTE even though IT'S ILLEGAL and

oh wait, that's redstate, and it's Republicans.

Sorry. It's totally fine when Republicans break the law to win elections. My mistake.
post #5 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

SEE on one blog they've EVEN POSTED the ADDRESSES and TELEPHONE NUMBERS of the TELEPHONE BANKS of the EVIL CUNT BITCH WHORE who is standing for ELECTION and urging people TO WASTE THEIR TIME and MAKE IT HARD FOR THEM TO GET OUT OUT THE VOTE even though IT'S ILLEGAL and

oh wait, that's redstate, and it's Republicans.

Sorry. It's totally fine when Republicans break the law to win elections. My mistake.

I have no problem with people spamming spammers. If you think a few comments on a blog are the same as state party mailers, nationally syndicated radio hosts, or news anchors on MSNBC then clearly you have no sense of perspective, but since you fail to understand quantifiers, this limitation is known.

Finally the very comments you post appear to deal with calling the robocallers BACK repeatedly. The street goes both ways. If they can harass you to go vote, you can harass them to shut up.

post #6 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Finally the very comments you post appear to deal with calling the robocallers BACK repeatedly. The street goes both ways. If they can harass you to go vote, you can harass them to shut up.

Is it against the law? Why, yes, it is. And so that is that.

Don't pull moral superiority in the face of your absolute silence in the presidential election when Obama was accused of supporting paedophile-friendly law, suffered smear by robocall and equally vicious, far more frequent attacks from Fox News and conservative stations country-wide.

Quote:

but since you fail to understand quantifiers, this limitation is known.

I'm delighted you've brought this issue up again, and I'd be delighted to discuss it again if you believe that we haven't addressed this properly.

Do you agree or disagree with the statement "Conservatives celebrated when Barack Obama's pitch to the IOC was rejected"?
post #7 of 186
Quote:

Is it against the law? Why, yes, it is. And so that is that.

You fail to note that the law relates to crossing state boundaries and influencing an election. If someone wants to use a phone bank in New York to influence an election in Massachusetts, the feds can become involved and a law may be broken (You appear to not know James Tobin's conviction was overturned.) Publishing numbers in no where near the same but again, look who this is being discussed with, a guy who thinks the exception always proves the rule.

Quote:
Don't pull moral superiority in the face of your absolute silence in the presidential election when Obama was accused of supporting paedophile-friendly law, suffered smear by robocall and equally vicious, far more frequent attacks from Fox News and conservative stations country-wide.

I'll pull whatever I want out and slap it on your forehead for good measure. There is nothing Republicans have ever done that can compare with ACORN.

Quote:
I'm delighted you've brought this issue up again, and I'd be delighted to discuss it again if you believe that we haven't addressed this properly.

Do you agree or disagree with the statement "Conservatives celebrated when Barack Obama's pitch to the IOC was rejected"?

It has and your lack of understanding on it has been explained by not just myself, but half a dozen other people as well. Go point at your mirror and laugh there.

post #8 of 186
We are not discussing ACORN here, an organisation incidentally whose actions HAVE IN NO WAY AFFECTED THE RESULT OF ANY ELECTION. We are discussing the Massachusetts edition of Democratic dirty tricks, in which you must explain how the comments of a TV host are supposed to amount to election theft, or something. (I don't really care.)

Quote:

It has and your lack of understanding on it has been explained by not just myself, but half a dozen other people as well. Go point at your mirror and laugh there.

Clearly not. I absolutely proved my case that conservatives did indeed celebrate when Barack Obama's pitch to the IOC was rejected. You even "let me have the last word", which I was delighted to take, if I remember. I don't remember these 'half a dozen people.' If you like, you can provide links.

But to save the time, and to prevent this thread from going off topic, I've re-opened the old thread and we can discuss the question there.

(For those who don't know what we're discussing, trumptman believes that conservatives did not celebrate when Barack Obama's pitch to the IOC was rejected, and I believe that they did, and have provided links to video and audio and transcript of this happening. I've re-opened the thread, since trumptman still believes it is the case, and I'm delighted to continue to discuss it again. )
post #9 of 186
Looks like someone might be breaking the law, and here's a hint, it isn't a Republican, but a dirty trick using, desperate Democrat.

Quote:
"No person shall make or publish, or cause to be made or published, any false statement in relation to any candidate for nomination or election to public office, which is designed or tends to aid or to injure or defeat such candidate."

The controversy stems from a 2005 Massachusetts law which requires hospitals to make emergency contraceptives available to rape victims. During debate on the law, state senator Brown offered an amendment that would have exempted medical professionals with "sincerely held religious beliefs," particularly at a number of Catholic hospitals in Massachusetts, from the law's requirement to provide emergency contraception. If no one at a given hospital could provide the contraception, Brown's amendment required that hospital to transfer the rape victim to another facility where she could receive emergency contraception, at no cost to the victim. Brown's amendment failed, but he voted in favor of the final bill.

Coakley's campaign has hit Brown on the issue at several points in the campaign, running ads that said, "Brown even favors letting hospitals deny emergency contraception to rape victims." But the new flier takes Coakley's accusations to a new level, charging that Brown would have hospitals turn away all rape victims. While Brown objected to the earlier ads, saying they distorted his record, he did not threaten legal action until the new flier was sent out.

post #10 of 186
It is the day before the Massachusetts special election and Democrats, knowing their 2010 reelection necks and of course the health care bill are on the line are resorting to all sorts of tomfoolery to confuse voters.

DailyKos has the talking points all lined up and the list of distortions is hilarious.

They claim Brown believes Obama was born out of wedlock and try to conflate this with born out of the country. When we had this discussion on this forum, this is exactly the type of claim was exactly what I declared the birther arguments to be about more than country of origin. That said, wondering if Obama's parents were married isn't exactly a stretch nor nutjob material.

The contraception claims are yet again, distortions. They merely focus on making workers engage in practices that are against their religious beliefs and say nothing about the victim. I guess they hope if they repeat this lie often enough, it will become true.

Scott Brown thinkis two women having a child together is not normal. We for those of us who study language instead of just being offended all the time, it is indeed "not normal." In fact it is biologically impossible. That doesn't say anything about opposition to parenting rights though. It is the typical double-standard where Republicans get slammed for "normal" and Democrats don't get slammed for phrases like "light skinned" or "no detectable negro dialect."

We know this is the best they can come up with on the candidate, but then there is always the cheating that can go on. They are worried because it might come down to outright theft since they can't beg, borrow or buy votes tomorrow.

post #11 of 186

post #12 of 186
RoboAttacks!

Quote:
The most disgraceful thing is happening!

Pro-lifers are receiving phone calls from people claiming to be Mass Citizens. The callers say that Mass Citizens is not supporting Scott Brown because of his position on health care!
The truth is that Mass Citizens is suporting Brown because of his position on health care!

These deceitful calls are coming from 202-461-3441, a Washington, DC number. The phone company says this is a company called SOOH. Pro-lifers are not the only victims of this scam. Our MCFL sleuths have found that this same number is calling people across the state claiming to be different groups with different messages - all anti-Brown!

Please, please send this email to your entire list and ask those people to do the same! This deceit must go viral!

We cannot let this election be stolen!

Keep up your great work!

Anne Fox

P S If you get the call on your answering machine, please save it. These people should be made accountable for using our name!

post #13 of 186
The thing is even if the Republicans take Mass. and stall healthcare refortm they still aren't offering a better plan in it's place ( cost, coverage, deficit wise ). Once again they're really on top of blaming the Democrats for stuff but come up empty when it comes to a better alternative. So in the end if they stall out healthcare reform they'll look like the party of " No " again.

So strange as it may seem this might work against them. The american people may not be happy with Obama's performance in his first year ( I really wouldn't have made HCRF the big thing right off the bat and concentrated on other things ) but that's not an automatic vote in the Republicans favor. They're still pretty unpopular still. And they don't seem to get that.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #14 of 186
Quote:

You fail to note that the law relates to crossing state boundaries and influencing an election. If someone wants to use a phone bank in New York to influence an election in Massachusetts, the feds can become involved and a law may be broken (You appear to not know James Tobin's conviction was overturned.) Publishing numbers in no where near the same but again, look who this is being discussed with, a guy who thinks the exception always proves the rule.

I'll pull whatever I want out and slap it on your forehead for good measure. There is nothing Republicans have ever done that can compare with ACORN.

Quote:
I'll pull whatever I want out and slap it on your forehead for good measure

post #15 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

The thing is even if the Republicans take Mass. and stall healthcare refortm they still aren't offering a better plan in it's place ( cost, coverage, deficit wise ). Once again they're really on top of blaming the Democrats for stuff but come up empty when it comes to a better alternative. So in the end if they stall out healthcare reform they'll look like the party of " No " again.

So strange as it may seem this might work against them. The american people may not be happy with Obama's performance in his first year ( I really wouldn't have made HCRF the big thing right off the bat and concentrated on other things ) but that's not an automatic vote in the Republicans favor. They're still pretty unpopular still. And they don't seem to get that.

Republicans have offered many alternatives. The clearest summation of them was offered by the CEO of Whole Foods who immediately had people threatening his business with boycotts for daring to actually offer alternatives.

All eight recommendations in that article would easily pass in a bipartisan manner and would not add to the deficit.

In the meantime though there are dirty tricks to discuss and John Kerry has gotten busted borrowing a play from his old playbook.

Quote:
If no signs of intimidation techniques have emerged yet, launch a pre-emptive strike (particularly well-suited to states in which there techniques have been tried in the past).

Issue a press release

i. Reviewing Republican tactic used in the past in your area or state

ii. Quoting party/minority/civil rights leadership as denouncing tactics that discourage people from voting

Prime minority leadership to discuss the issue in the media; provide talking points

Place stories in which minority leadership expresses concern about the threat of intimidation tactics

Warn local newspapers not to accept advertising that is not properly disclaimed or that contains false warnings about voting requirements and/or about what will happen at the polls

(Kerry-Edwards 2004, Colorado Election Day Manual: A Detailed Guide To Voting In Colorado, 11/04)

Today we get this.....

Quote:
Kerry says Brown supporters have engaged in bullying and intimidation tactics in the past few days and suggests that some of them may even be from out of state. (Would the senator rather keep the race local?)

Sorry John, that song has already been spun. The same tired old accusations offered with no proof, and when examined often involved SEUI thugs beating regular Americans are the reality.

post #16 of 186
Quote:

Republicans have offered many alternatives. The clearest summation of them was offered by the CEO of Whole Foods who immediately had people threatening his business with boycotts for daring to actually offer alternatives.

All eight recommendations in that article would easily pass in a bipartisan manner and would not add to the deficit.

In the meantime though there are dirty tricks to discuss and John Kerry has gotten busted borrowing a play from his old playbook.

Today we get this.....

Sorry John, that song has already been spun. The same tired old accusations offered with no proof, and when examined often involved SEUI thugs beating regular Americans are the reality.

From the first article :
Quote:
The 'end of life panel's that medical boards have are scary enough, but obama wants to assure us that a government bureaucracy led 'end of life panel' will do a better job and cheaper?!?!

That's your example of someone we should go with?
post #17 of 186
Quote:

Untrue! Doing nothing is better than this plan.
post #18 of 186
I am stunned. Is this possible? Could an iron blue State like Mass., just one year after a democratic sweep, stampede to the right and elect Brown?

A week ago Brown pulled just behind Coakley, behind 2 points in Rasmussen. A week later some pollsters have him 9 points ahead. Stunning - and it seems that the folks that elected so many democrats and Obama have flipped, the young and independents strongly favoring Brown.

Politico:

Quote:
A new InsiderAdvantage poll conducted exclusively for POLITICO shows Republican Scott Brown holding a 9-point advantage over Martha Coakley a day before Massachusetts voters trek to the ballot box to choose a new senator.

According to the survey conducted Sunday evening by the non-partisan firm, Brown leads the Democratic attorney general 52 percent to 43 percent.

The results came as Suffolk University in Boston released a survey Monday reporting that Brown surged to a double-digit lead in three Massachusetts communities identified as bellwethers because party registration in those cities is similar to the statewide voter makeup and because in the most recent like election the November 2006 Senate race the results in all three communities were within 1 percentage point of the actual statewide results for each candidate.

"I actually think the bottom is falling out," said InsiderAdvantage CEO Matt Towery, referring to Coakley's fall in the polls over the last ten days. "I think that this candidate is in freefall. Clearly this race is imploding for her."

The numbers show males and independents overwhelmingly breaking for Brown, who has married his GQ looks with a populist tone in a pick-up truck on the campaign trail.

Brown holds a 15-point lead among males and crushes Coakley by 41 points among self-described independents, a group that's been steadily inching away from the Democratic party over the last year due to growing apprehension with government spending, bailouts and health care reform.

"Men are not going to vote for Coakley at all. You have a very angry male voter who's repudiating whatever is being said in Washington and they're taking it out on this woman. And independents are clearly going to the Republican in droves. What's left are the Democratic voters," said Towery, who is a former aide to Newt Gingrich.

And the survey shows almost a quarter of Democratic voters lining up with Brown.

A DailyKos/Research 2000 poll released Monday painted a much tighter campaign, showing the race knotted at 48 percent each.

"We're about to learn whether Obama can deliver electoral votes," wrote DailyKos founder Markos Moulitsas on his Twitter page.
"When there's a nine-point difference, it's awfully hard to shave off enough to win," Towery said. "The older voters are even tied. And the youngest voters have turned against the Democrats," he said, pointing to Brown's 61 to 30 percent lead among voters 18 to 29 years old. (Voters 65 and older, typically a key Democratic constituency, are divided between the two contenders, 48 percent a piece).

InsiderAdvantage's polling pool was made up of 20 percent Republicans and 43 percent of Democrats, though estimates show that independents make up just over 50 percent of all Massachusetts voters. "It'd be even worse for (Coakley) if we weighed it towards more independents," Towery said.

Other election eve polling is also tracking towards Brown. The Republican pollster, American Research Group, pins Brown's lead at 7 points, 52 to 45 percent, in a three-day survey released Monday. Public Policy Polling's final survey put Brown up 51 to 46 percent, a lead that falls within the margin of error.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz0d1N3WNJq

I don't think we have to worry about dead democrats voting 20 times, it may not make a difference.
post #19 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxParrish View Post

I am stunned. Is this possible? Could an iron blue State like Mass., just one year after a democratic sweep, stampede to the right and elect Brown?

A week ago Brown pulled just behind Coakley, behind 2 points in Rasmussen. A week later some pollsters have him 9 points ahead. Stunning - and it seems that the folks that elected so many democrats and Obama have flipped, the young and independents strongly favoring Brown.

Politico:

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz0d1N3WNJq

I don't think we have to worry about dead democrats voting 20 times, it may not make a difference.

Oh I would still worry. Turns out Massachusetts is among the leaders of deadwood in the voter rolls.

Quote:
The study that Aristotle released on Oct. 28 surveyed voter registrations in all 50 states. It found that Massachusetts ranked among the states with the worst problems with deadwood voters. The states with the most Deadwood on their rosters include: Washington, Wyoming, West Virginia, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, the company said in an Oct. 28 press release.

post #20 of 186
Well after reading the following link, I don't see how any moral person could vote for Coakley. I don't expect much character in a politician, but I can't believe any humane person could vote for the Inquisitions Torquemada.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...640657862.html

The prosecutors in the Moscow Trials would be envious of her ruthless talents.

For those curious about Coakley's moral and character mentor:

Tomás de Torquemada, O.P. (1420 – September 16, 1498) was a fifteenth century Spanish Dominican friar, first Inquisitor General of Spain, and confessor to Isabella I of Castile. He was famously described by the Spanish chronicler Sebastián de Olmedo as "The hammer of heretics, the light of Spain, the saviour of his country, the honour of his order". He is known for his zealous campaign against the crypto-Jews and crypto-Muslims of Spain. He was one of the chief supporters of the Alhambra Decree, which expelled the Jews from Spain in 1492. The number of autos-de-fé during Torquemada's tenure as Inquisitor General have been hotly debated over the years. Today, there is a general consensus that about 2000 people were burned by the Inquisition in the whole of Spain between 1480 and 1530[1], while Torquemada was Grand Inquisitor from 1483 until his death in 1498.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom%C3%A1s_de_Torquemada
post #21 of 186
Quote:

Well after reading the following link, I don't see how any moral person could vote for Coakley. I don't expect much character in a politician, but I can't believe any humane person could vote for the Inquisitions Torquemada.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...640657862.html

The prosecutors in the Moscow Trials would be envious of her ruthless talents.

For those curious about Coakley's moral and character mentor:

Tomás de Torquemada, O.P. (1420 September 16, 1498) was a fifteenth century Spanish Dominican friar, first Inquisitor General of Spain, and confessor to Isabella I of Castile. He was famously described by the Spanish chronicler Sebastián de Olmedo as "The hammer of heretics, the light of Spain, the saviour of his country, the honour of his order". He is known for his zealous campaign against the crypto-Jews and crypto-Muslims of Spain. He was one of the chief supporters of the Alhambra Decree, which expelled the Jews from Spain in 1492. The number of autos-de-fé during Torquemada's tenure as Inquisitor General have been hotly debated over the years. Today, there is a general consensus that about 2000 people were burned by the Inquisition in the whole of Spain between 1480 and 1530[1], while Torquemada was Grand Inquisitor from 1483 until his death in 1498.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom%C3%A1s_de_Torquemada

Hard to know how much you are exaggerating since your link is broken...
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #22 of 186
The Backlash Is Coming! The Backlash Is Coming!
People in Massachusetts think they're at the leading edge of politics. That's not good news for Democrats.

The next couple of days could very well signal a change in the direction of politics. I don't know that the voters are stampeding for the Republican party as much as they are fleeing the Democrats. Whatever the case, this particular race has been very interesting to follow, even casually.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #23 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Hard to know how much you are exaggerating since your link is broken...

Sure, I am having a bit of fun with Torquemada, she is not quite that bad...although the Moscow Trial prosecutors could learn a few points from her...

I fixed the link, try again.
post #24 of 186
Quote:

Sure, I am having a bit of fun with Torquemada, she is not quite that bad...although the Moscow Trial prosecutors could learn a few points from her...

I fixed the link, try again.

Horriffic...
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #25 of 186
Quote:

I have no problem with people spamming spammers. If you think a few comments on a blog are the same as state party mailers, nationally syndicated radio hosts, or news anchors on MSNBC then clearly you have no sense of perspective, but since you fail to understand quantifiers, this limitation is known.

Where do I fail to understand quantifiers?

Do you mean in our argument about whether or not 'conservatives' celebrated when Barack Obama's pitch to the IOC was rejected?

(Just to recap, trumptman called this very clear fact (and I quote) "patently false", and we argued about it. Trumptman will not say whether or not he agrees that prominent and activist conservatives very publicly celebrated when Barack Obama's pitch to the IOC was rejected, even though I gave him half a dozen links! It's really very funny. )

So, come on, trumptman. Where do I demonstrate that I fail to understand quantifiers? Are you making shit up? Again? Or will you use the search function and find a quote?
post #26 of 186
^^^^^^^^^^
Trolls are sad.

Hey look it is Keith Olbermann showing that the most typical dirty tricks. He tosses about a few distortions and then adds perhaps the longest ad-hom I've heard from someone supposedly giving us news.

The irony of someone calling someone else a homophobe while using the term "teabagger" is just too sad to be funny. It is akin to claiming someone is racist while calling them a "n*gg*r lover." The left is literally so clueless that it is just pathetically sad.

post #27 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

The Backlash Is Coming! The Backlash Is Coming!
People in Massachusetts think they're at the leading edge of politics. That's not good news for Democrats.

The next couple of days could very well signal a change in the direction of politics. I don't know that the voters are stampeding for the Republican party as much as they are fleeing the Democrats. Whatever the case, this particular race has been very interesting to follow, even casually.

Uh huh. Well we'll see if that actually happens right? To me your opinion piece sounds like another republican hoping for something that isn't quite what they're hoping for.

I can post opinion also : http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/01/1...nts/index.html

Quote:
Swing voters will decide Kennedy seat

Quote:
Whatever the outcome in this potential photo-finish Senate race, Republicans and Democrats should be learning the essential lesson that their play-to-the-base impulses try to ignore: Independent voters hold the balance of power in American politics. Even in Massachusetts.

This is the reality. Like I said a vote against Obama isn't an automatic vote for the republicans.
post #28 of 186
^^^^^^^^^^^
Self-righteous people who don't have the courage to stand by their words are sad.

You took a dig at me. Something to do with quantifiers.

Are you making shit up? Are you making fake quotes?

No? Show me what you're talking about then. Or apologise. You've asked EXACTLY this of me. Come on.

post #29 of 186
Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^
The irony of someone calling someone else a homophobe while using the term "teabagger" is just too sad to be funny.

No. What is "too sad to be funny" is your very public misunderstanding of the term 'teabagger'.

'Teabagging' is not a term that applies exclusively to male homosexual sex acts. Women are perfectly capable of sucking a man's balls, too. There was a very celebrated scene in Sex and the City when some women discussed exactly this.

This example of "too sad to be funny" acquires a hilarious new dimension of cluelessness when, after calling Olberman a homophobe when he uses a term you don't understand, you whine about ad homs and then write "The left is literally so clueless that it is just pathetically sad" in the VERY NEXT SENTENCE.

Now THAT... that really is good going.
post #30 of 186
Quote:

Today we get this.....

Quote:

Yes but that's hardly the only criteria for being a better alternative.
post #31 of 186
Quote:

No. What is "too sad to be funny" is your very public misunderstanding of the term 'teabagger'.

'Teabagging' is not a term that applies exclusively to male homosexual sex acts. Women are perfectly capable of sucking a man's balls, too. There was a very celebrated scene in Sex and the City when some women discussed exactly this.

This example of "too sad to be funny" acquires a hilarious new dimension of cluelessness when, after calling Olberman a homophobe when he uses a term you don't understand, you whine about ad homs and then write "The left is literally so clueless that it is just pathetically sad" in the VERY NEXT SENTENCE.

Now THAT... that really is good going.

Likewise while someone might use the term 'n*gg*rlover' to try to demoralize a white person who loves a black person, the criteria would still apply for a black person loving another black person.

If we want to use fantasy to support reality, I can note the Dave Chapell skit where he plays a blind and racist black man who is a klan member.

The purpose of the term is clear. The fact that we have to discuss how offensive it may or may not be is beyond the point because the term is clearly derogatory and should not be used by someone reporting news.

BTW, just so you are aware, when you make on topic replies, you'll get one as well. If you spam the forums seeking a reply on your attempts to troll, you'll just get reported.

post #32 of 186
Quote:

Yes but that's hardly the only criteria for being a better alternative.

Improving access while not impacting the budget and lowering cost is the criteria and all eight meet that as well. None of the Democratic options happen to do that. They use the rhetoric for example "we want to bend the cost curve down" but all their estimates show cost and premium increases in the hundreds of billions.

post #33 of 186
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #34 of 186
By the way, did anyone see Jon Stewart's opening monologue last night?
post #35 of 186
Quote:

Li

BTW, just so you are aware, when you make on topic replies, you'll get one as well. If you spam the forums seeking a reply on your attempts to troll, you'll just get reported.

Your reply does not address my post. And nor does it make sense.

You have not explained how the use of the word 'teabagger' is homophobic.

Since the verb 'to teabag' is not a homosexual term, as 'teabagging' is not a homosexual practice, or at least not exclusively so, how does Keith Olberman's use of it make him homophobic?

You said it was "too sad to be funny" that Keith Olberman could call someone a homophobe whilst using the term 'teabagger'. And yet 'teabagging' is not in any way noted for being a homosexual practice.

This is on topic, since you brought it up.

So explain yourself.
post #36 of 186
Quote:

Your reply does not address my post. And nor does it make sense.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
You have not explained how the use of the word 'teabagger' is homophobic.

It is a known homophobic and offensive term. I don't need to convince you against your will. The standard is what a reasonable person understands. Being unreasonable doesn't mean you get to throw a tantrum and demand to be dealt with until you stop holding your breath.

Quote:
Since the verb 'to teabag' is not a homosexual term, as 'teabagging' is not a homosexual practice, or at least not exclusively so, how does Keith Olberman's use of it make him homophobic?

You said it was "too sad to be funny" that Keith Olberman could call someone a homophobe whilst using the term 'teabagger'. And yet 'teabagging' is not in any way noted for being a homosexual practice.

This is on topic, since you brought it up.

So explain yourself.

The reasoning that flows from the unreasonable initial premise on your part is bad because the unreasonable premise is still there. I don't have to explain myself to you. Good reasoning stands apart from your feelings or desires. Likewise with the populace we are talking about the possible election of a Republican from a state that has every part of it's federal delegation as Democratic and about a seat that has been held by one Democratic family for 60 years.

If the evidence of such change being close to happening or even possible isn't compelling enough to examine, then enjoy the delusion. Reality is that Fox News has larger ratings than CNN, MSNBC and CNBC combined and they don't have hosts who reason in minute long tirades of ad-homs. What Keith Olbermann is doing isn't news and it isn't analysis. It is straight up hate.

post #37 of 186
Quote:

iIt is a known homophobic and offensive term

No. It is not. Enjoy being incorrect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teabagging

You have

a) accused someone of practicing homophobia, demonstrating that you do not understand the term

and

b) whined about ad homs and then in the next sentence made an ad hom about everyone in 'the left'.

Enjoy this being not your finest moment. Sorry and all.

In the meantime, please enjoy providing a link to the place where I so appalling misunderstood how to use quantifiers. Or enjoy apologising.
post #38 of 186
They are trying so hard to get Ms. Coakley elected that writers for WSJ are trying to scare Fiscal Conservatives into voting for her now...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...atestheadlines

Quote:
-Fiscal conservatives may want to root for a Martha Coakley victory in Massachusetts Tuesday.

A Democratic loss of the U.S. Senate seat in the Bay State will increase pressure on senators and representatives facing re-election in November to shore up their support with economic pump-priming measures. That response could be bad for the deficit outlook and the economy.

What they do not seem to understand is the backlash is not necesarily having to do with Coakley herself, but more of an overall dissatisfaction with the spending by those in power now. More of the same will likely ensure a faster exit of those currently in power.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #39 of 186
Heck WSJ also ran a piece stating that 1 in 4 voters in the election felt that ACORN would try to steal the election.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...DDLETopOpinion

Quote:
When asked whether "ACORN will try to steal the election for Martha Coakley," a surprising 25% of those surveyed in Massachusetts said "yes." A total of 38% said "no," and another 37% weren't sure. Lest you think concern about ACORN was limited to Republicans, one out of six Democrats thought ACORN would attempt electoral hanky-panky. One out of four African-Americans expressed the same concern, along with the same number of voters who called themselves moderates.

The good news?

Quote:
Another casualty of the expectation that the race would be a cakewalk for the Democrat will be an absence of absentee ballot fraud, the preferred method of putting an illegal thumb on the scale in a close race. Applications for absentee ballots had to be submitted by last Friday, providing little opportunity for those with ill intent to organize such an effort once they realized the race had tightened up.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #40 of 186
Anecdotal evidence of the shift that is occurring with many of the supporters of Obama in the last election:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas..._ominous_sign/

Quote:
Edgar Martinez is 22 years old, and 14 months ago he voted in his first and so far only election, and he cast his ballot for Obama. I remember then, when Obama was running, that was all we talked about, my friends, my family. We were excited, he said. I havent heard anybody I know talking about this election.

All my friends voted for Obama. A lot of them were like me. It was the first time we voted. Even older people in my family, it was the first time they voted. Everybody thought things would get better. But they havent. I know a lot of people who have lost their houses this year. Its sad. All my friends are saying Obama promised a lot but hes doing nothing. I dont know if thats true. But thats what my friends are saying.

Things have to actually change or the promises will only end up taking a tremendous toll later on.
NoahJ
NoahJ
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Democratic Dirty Tricks - Massachusetts Edition