or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Censoring etc. on AI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Censoring etc. on AI

post #1 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

I call BS on the entire Story.

As Apple has said there is an App for that. Symplify Media.

If AppleInsider Doesn't Publish This then I will log in under yet a new email address and keep telling the truth to the Kool Aid Drinkers.

If Apple/AppleInsider can't do any better than a log in for security than My MAC address and current IP Address are way over both their heads.

They don't belong in the cloud.

I call BS on the entire Story.

As Apple has said there is an App for that. Symplify Media.

If AppleInsider Doesn't Publish This then I will log in under yet a new email address and keep telling the truth to the Kool Aid Drinkers.

If Apple/AppleInsider can't do any better than a log in for security than Try checking My MAC address and current IP Address if you can't to Ban me Forever than neither AI or Apple should be in the cloud.

It isn't that hard and you have to currently read every post to try and stop users like me. Get a real security system and Apple should do the same.[/
post #2 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

I call BS on the entire Story.

As Apple has said there is an App for that. Symplify Media.

If AppleInsider Doesn't Publish This then I will log in under yet a new email address and keep telling the truth to the Kool Aid Drinkers.

If Apple/AppleInsider can't do any better than a log in for security than Try checking My MAC address and current IP Address if you can't to Ban me Forever than neither AI or Apple should be in the cloud.

It isn't that hard and you have to currently read every post to try and stop users like me. Get a real security system and Apple should do the same.[/

What? I hate to break it to you pal, but you sound like you've gone bananas. The quoting yourself with slight amendments is....... not good.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #3 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

I call BS on the entire Story.

As Apple has said there is an App for that. Symplify Media.

If AppleInsider Doesn't Publish This then I will log in under yet a new email address and keep telling the truth to the Kool Aid Drinkers.

If Apple/AppleInsider can't do any better than a log in for security than My MAC address and current IP Address are way over both their heads.

They don't belong in the cloud.

Get to bed now. You've got school in the morning... and don't forget your meds!
post #4 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

What? I hate to break it to you pal, but you sound like you've gone bananas.

AI deleted my first 2 postings saying this "Feature" duplicated many current Apps.

Call me crazy or Call AI SLEAZY for me telling the truth.

Add up the Box and it doesn't equal Apple being innovative. It's called copying.
post #5 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinney57 View Post

Get to bed now. You've got school in the morning... and don't forget your meds!

I'm 41 and very intact with my mental capabilities. Apple Insider is very conveniently deleting any post they don't like.

This isn't innovation and if you think it is then take your Meds. It's Called Apple Kool Aid.
post #6 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

AI deleted my first 2 postings saying this "Feature" duplicated many current Apps.

Call me crazy or Call AI SLEAZY for me telling the truth.

Add up the Box and it doesn't equal Apple being innovative. It's called copying.

I don't think the mods generally delete posts because someone bad-mouthed Apple. Not judging from the frequency of same, at any rate.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #7 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

I'm 41 and very intact with my mental capabilities.

But inside you're very sad aren't you? Like a little boy. Because you need to show the world that you're a big man you shout very loud and get angry and stamp your feet and imagine that only you know the truth.
post #8 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

If you imagine that mods are deleting your posts just for criticizing Apple you're bonkers. And what "feature" on a new device is being duplicated by which apps? Are you sure you know which thread you're in?

That's not bonkers- I've seen it before myself. You criticize Apple on here - you're censored.
This is no democracy.
post #9 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

If you imagine that mods are deleting your posts just for criticizing Apple you're bonkers. And what "feature" on a new device is being duplicated by which apps? Are you sure you know which thread you're in?

The only one I've been in for about a month. AI always deletes negative postings.

Where the heck do you think every posting Tech Stud ever made went to...

Apple's Island of Misfit toys?
post #10 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

The only one I've been in for about a month. AI always deletes negative postings.

Where the heck do you think every posting Tech Stud ever made went to...

Apple's Island of Misfit toys?

The whole notion of having to have chaperones on here is rather insulting in itself-
Profilers revolt!
post #11 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Oh, bullshit, they banned you because you're a f*ing stupid a*hole. I hope they do it again, and soon. Deal with it.

I've had many names on this site but under any name I never post vulgar postings, never use 4 letter words and when called for I call BS on the story.

You, on the other hand Drink the Kool Aid an ask for more. I ask you, who is the foolish one?
post #12 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

I've had many names on this site but under any name I never post vulgar postings, never use 4 letter words and when called for I call BS on the story.

You, on the other hand Drink the Kool Aid an ask for more. I ask you, who is the foolish one?

Oh, hell, I don't know, is it me? Am I the foolish one? Is that the right answer? Anyhoo, I'm wondering what possessed me to look at any of your posts when I have you on my ignore list and so end up getting drawn into a conversation with a donkey.

Done now.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #13 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkoolaid View Post

The whole notion of having to have chaperones on here is rather insulting in itself-
Profilers revolt!

Never quote me if you are igniting a flame war. It's as simple as that.

Moderators are here for a reason. It is not to delete a negative coherent postintg that doesn't agree with the article. That is the reason for a forum.

Otherwise it may as well be an Apple Forum where postings go into the Island of Misfit postings for calling BS on a story and telling the truth.
post #14 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkoolaid View Post

That's not bonkers- I've seen it before myself. You criticize Apple on here - you're censored.
This is no democracy.

I've been here for years and years on a semi-daily basis and I have never, ever seen them do that. Some people have a paranoid type of personality and may think that's what happened, but it's never happened that I've seen.
post #15 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Oh, hell, I don't know, is it me? Am I the foolish one? Is that the right answer? Anyhoo, I'm wondering what possessed me to look at any of your posts when I have you on my ignore list and so end up getting drawn into a conversation with a donkey.

Done now.

Then you are the foolish one. Continue to drink the Kool Aid and believe all the rumors posted here.

You will never have Flash on the iPhone, MaxIPad or any other device that Apple puts out as long as Steve Jobs is CEO.

The event is tomorrow. Tell me if I'm wrong tomorrow when everyone has the update for now it's another Steve Jobs hype story.
post #16 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

The only one I've been in for about a month. AI always deletes negative postings.

Where the heck do you think every posting Tech Stud ever made went to...

Apple's Island of Misfit toys?

This is just faulty reasoning, maybe they banned you for that.

"teckstud" was here for a long long time, he made all kinds of stupid posts by the dozen day after day after day and I know lots of people complained many many times. He was *finally* banned, but that's the opposite of your assertion, which is that anyone who criticises Apple is banned or their posts are deleted.

If AppleInsider was doing as you say they are, he would not have lasted a week, let alone however many months of his nonsense we all had to endure. They were overly kind to him if you ask me.
post #17 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

No. This article is about Streaming Free Music from Apple. Are you sure your in the right forum?

Sorry, hate to break it to you, but YOU are the one not posting in the right forum. This forum is about the WSJ article. So, perhaps your posts "disappeared" because you are looking for them in the wrong place!

Like many others here, I've posted many times criticizing Apple for doing stupid things without my posts being deleted.
post #18 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

I'm 41 and very intact with my mental capabilities. Apple Insider is very conveniently deleting any post they don't like.

This isn't innovation and if you think it is then take your Meds. It's Called Apple Kool Aid.

And yet all of the posts where you dribble on like a raving mad man are still intact... Are the men in black at AI responsible for those too?
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
post #19 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

This is just faulty reasoning, maybe they banned you for that.

"teckstud" was here for a long long time, he made all kinds of stupid posts by the dozen day after day after day and I know lots of people complained many many times. He was *finally* banned, but that's the opposite of your assertion, which is that anyone who criticises Apple is banned or their posts are deleted.

If AppleInsider was doing as you say they are, he would not have lasted a week, let alone however many months of his nonsense we all had to endure. They were overly kind to him if you ask me.

Teckstud was banned because his posts didn't praise every single Apple product every single day- day in and day out. His posts were provocative but never stupid. What do you call what you just posted?
post #20 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

How could one person be so uninformed and yet proclaim to be the keeper of all knowledge?

"You will never have Flash on the iPhone"

You somehow think this is a BAD thing....

"The event is tomorrow."

What event? The one where they take you away for 'health reasons'.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

And yet all of the posts where you dribble on like a raving mad man are still intact... Are the men in black at AI responsible for those too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

Sorry, hate to break it to you, but YOU are the one not posting in the right forum. This forum is about the WSJ article. So, perhaps your posts "disappeared" because you are looking for them in the wrong place!

The why are these Dave Gee posts not deleted? Are they related the the WSJ article?
post #21 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I've been here for years and years on a semi-daily basis and I have never, ever seen them do that. Some people have a paranoid type of personality and may think that's what happened, but it's never happened that I've seen.

For years and years? Then why is your join date Feb 2009? Were you banned mutilple times?
post #22 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

And yet all of the posts where you dribble on like a raving mad man are still intact... Are the men in black at AI responsible for those too?

No. I've never known Appleinsider to do this. While I admire Apple when it comes to products I also do not like them when they do stuff no tech company should.
I'm uncomfortable with their all controlling manner sometimes and I'm never afraid to post negatively about them if the need arises.

And Appleinsider has never deleted any of those posts so I don't know what your talking about. Appleinsider allows the forums to be fair and balanced.

Macdailynews.com on the other hand is totally a different story. Not only do they drink the koolaid but they actively mix up batches of the stuff to serve to others.

Besides, this is not the time to criticize Apple. It's times like these that Apple earns their reputation for being the top personal computing tech company in. the. world. They are about to birth a totally new industry leading product which pushes the boundaries of tech...again! No other company has that reputation of doing stuff like that.....period.
So let's celebrate the moment before we start going after Apple again for the stuff they don't get right.......ok?

Allow us this moment please?
post #23 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkoolaid View Post

Teckstud was banned because his posts didn't praise every single Apple product every single day- day in and day out. His posts were provocative but never stupid. What do you call what you just posted?

Your not speaking the facts.... I've been very very critical of Apples behavior WRT the App Store and I've made no moves to hide my disgust with them... Somehow all of my posts are still intact and I've never not once been approached, warned or banned...

Perhaps because my posts while very critical of Apple were in all other facets respectful to the other members in this forum... Near as I can tell you've got to be one pretty big jackass to get banned from AI...

TS certainly fit the bill...
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
post #24 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

No. I've never known Appleinsider to do this. While I admire Apple when it comes to products I also do not like them when they do stuff no tech company should.
I'm uncomfortable with their all controlling manner sometimes and I'm never afraid to post negatively about them if the need arises.

But Appleinsider has never deleted any of those posts so I don't know what your talking about. Appleinsider allows the forums to be fair and balanced.

Macdailynews.com on the other hand is totally a different story. Not only do they drink they koolaid but they actively mix up batches of the stuff to serve to others.

My question to the OP was a sarcastic response... You mighta picked up on that when I wrote:

"And yet all of the posts where you dribble on like a raving mad man are still intact..."

My insinuating that 'the AI Men In Black" was a poke at the author.. Kinda like a teacher saying "SO I'll bet the President of the United States stole your homework"...

I'm quite certain that AI does NOT micromanage these forums... they DO NOT edit other peoples posts unless the content is SPAM, LIBAL, ILLEGAL or REALY OVER THE TOP in a distasteful way.
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
post #25 of 41
angus young and mrkoolaid are clearly trolls with ulterior motives and should be banned,
post #26 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

Sorry, hate to break it to you, but YOU are the one not posting in the right forum. This forum is about the WSJ article. So, perhaps your posts "disappeared" because you are looking for them in the wrong place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkoolaid View Post

The why are these Dave Gee posts not deleted? Are they related the the WSJ article?

Not quite sure how your comment is a response to my post? I was simply suggesting that his posts weren't deleted, but that he was looking in the wrong place for them.

Husband: Honey, where's my keys?
Wife: Right were you left them.

In fact, head over to the streaming iTunes forum, and he has a few [slightly] negative Apple posts about there already being better options than what Apple is being rumored to be preparing. Are those the "deleted" posts he is looking for, but looking for them in the wrong place?
post #27 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Macdailynews.com on the other hand is totally a different story. Not only do they drink the koolaid but they actively mix up batches of the stuff to serve to others.


There are two people managing MacDailyNews, when one is on, nearly anything can be said, they appreciate the hit traffic and the more the better.

When the other is on, you can be IP banned for any reason without a explanation.

Only within the last several months had they had the small set of posting rules you now see.
The danger is that we sleepwalk into a world where cabals of corporations control not only the mainstream devices and the software on them, but also the entire ecosystem of online services around...
Reply
The danger is that we sleepwalk into a world where cabals of corporations control not only the mainstream devices and the software on them, but also the entire ecosystem of online services around...
Reply
post #28 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkoolaid View Post

Teckstud was banned because his posts didn't praise every single Apple product every single day- day in and day out. His posts were provocative but never stupid. What do you call what you just posted?

I call it "rational and reasonably polite thoughts." Not sure you or Angus can say the same.

And teckstud was not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer truth be told, as well as being an angry, hateful sort of creature. The first quality wasn't his fault, but the others will get you banned from lots of places.
post #29 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

The only one I've been in for about a month. AI always deletes negative postings.

Where the heck do you think every posting Tech Stud ever made went to...

Apple's Island of Misfit toys?

Because he acted like a dick?

I'm not saying he did, I'm just asking the question...if he acted like a dick, then chances are his posts got pulled. If he was an oblivious dick, then not only did they get pulled, but he didn't understand why.
post #30 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

I call BS on the entire Story.

As Apple has said there is an App for that. Symplify Media.

If AppleInsider Doesn't Publish This then I will log in under yet a new email address and keep telling the truth to the Kool Aid Drinkers.

If Apple/AppleInsider can't do any better than a log in for security than My MAC address and current IP Address are way over both their heads.

They don't belong in the cloud.

Are you always so paranoid? And narcissistic?
post #31 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

Seems to me Apple just re-imagined Simplify Media and turned on the copy machine with their new farm.
They may have well re-imagined Netflix, XBox, and the many other devices that allow a heck of a lot for than what is proposed in this article.

It sounds like Apple is selling the Farm, hoping people will bite the forbidden fruit (plus Apple Tax).

Speaking of copying, does Angus Young (AC/DC, for those who don't know) know that you are using his name to post your ramblings on here?
post #32 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkoolaid View Post

That's not bonkers- I've seen it before myself. You criticize Apple on here - you're censored.
This is no democracy.


Hey TS ... just wondering, is it possible to get a permanent ban under two different identities? If so .. you're well on your way, congrats.
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Reply
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Reply
post #33 of 41
Also, I really hate to hijack this thread again, but it's something I feel very strongly about - it's people shouting "DEMOCRACY!!!" whenever there's a slight suspicion that their posts might have been deleted or edited. There's no democracy folks, nor should there be. This site doesn't belong to you, isn't being run by the government and you should be perfectly okay with that. Tell you what, go open your own forum and learn.
post #34 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

I'm 41 and very intact with my mental capabilities. Apple Insider is very conveniently deleting any post they don't like.

This isn't innovation and if you think it is then take your Meds. It's Called Apple Kool Aid.

You're 41, and you still haven't learnt how to use capital letters properly?

You don't need meds, you need help.
post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

The only one I've been in for about a month. AI always deletes negative postings.

Where the heck do you think every posting Tech Stud ever made went to...

Apple's Island of Misfit toys?

what the heck are you on about? This is one of the most liberal sites on the internet, and one of the few ones where the mods have a sense o humour.
post #36 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

I'm 41 and very intact with my mental capabilities. Apple Insider is very conveniently deleting any post they don't like.

This isn't innovation and if you think it is then take your Meds. It's Called Apple Kool Aid.

What is your problem dude? seriously!!!
post #37 of 41
The posting guidelines for AI can be found here. We don't censor anti-apple posts unless they contain unacceptable language, personal attacks, illegal content etc. etc., or are illogical trolling full of inaccurate, incoherent babble.
it's = it is / it has, its = belonging to it.
Reply
it's = it is / it has, its = belonging to it.
Reply
post #38 of 41
Are we getting back on the truth train here?
post #39 of 41
If AI deleted anti-Apple sentiment the forums would be empty.

Cool troll thread, btw.
post #40 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

If AI deleted anti-Apple sentiment the forums would be empty.

Cool troll thread, btw.

Quadra 610 FTW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Censoring etc. on AI