or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Temporary Insanity

Temporary Insanity - Page 4

post #121 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

The Internet hate machine is in full swing:
http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/co...-one/19330378/

Hah! Let it flow, let it flow (sung to the tune of "Let it Snow")
post #122 of 274
Ten Hours.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #123 of 274
TEN hours

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #124 of 274
You beat me to it.

post #125 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

You beat me to it.

It's kind of like bidding for something on Ebay-- you have to get in there right on the second.
post #126 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

It's kind of like bidding for something on Ebay-- you have to get in there right on the second.

I'll just set my clock five minutes fast and Imma beat all of you to it.
post #127 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

What time zone are you in? Stay up!!!

I wonder if there are drugs/devices where you can get a full night's sleep while also squeezing in an Apple keynote somewhere in there. Kinda like a dream machine that channels live blogs/ etc into your brain while you sleep. Someone's working on it as we speak. It could also be a memory implant kinda thing. You wake up in the morning, run through the five-minute implant procedure and Boom! You've implanted a memory of staying up following the live blogs and refreshing the Apple.com page five million times.
post #128 of 274
BTW *SPOILER ALERT RE: TENNIS*

Federer is really crushing Davydenko right now
post #129 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I'll set my clock TEN minutes fast and BEAT YOU TO IT! bwahahahahaha

Okay I am kidding. I will probably go to bed soon and set my alarm for 9:49 (gotta have time to hit snooze on that iPhone!)
post #130 of 274
Quote:

party's over

Oh, it's just getting started.
post #131 of 274
Quote:

Oh, it's just getting started.

Popcorn... check.
Coffee by the keg... check.

Dang thing starts at 3:00am here. I really should just take the rest of the week off work.

post #132 of 274
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

I'll set my clock TEN minutes fast and BEAT YOU TO IT! bwahahahahaha

Okay I am kidding. I will probably go to bed soon and set my alarm for 9:49 (gotta have time to hit snooze on that iPhone!)

Yeah, but if your post doesn't show as being right on the hour it doesn't count. According to these rules I just made up.
post #133 of 274
Quote:

On the eve of the Sunflower iMac launch Apple seemed to be screwing with our heads by putting teasers up on their home page-- one of them just said "Beyond the rumor sites. Way beyond."

Which drove us mad. Then, the Canadian Time Magazine jumped the gun by publishing their new iMac cover in the wee hours before the keynote, and those of us insomniacs holding down the fort got to fiercely debate whether that was a fake or not, and if it wasn't what, exactly, we were looking at.

Then, we were all bitterly disappointed because we had taken "Way beyond the rumor sites" to mean that Apple was launching a fleet of their own satellites and offering us free broadband for life, among other things.

Wait... you didn't get your free satellite broadband for life kit? (Note to self, Adda is not one of the cool kids.)

Quote:

Popcorn... check.
Coffee by the keg... check.

Dang thing starts at 3:00am here. I really should just take the rest of the week off work.

3 am!?! Thank goodness I'm in California that way I only have to worry about snowstorms, tornadoes, earthquakes or the state deficit killing me while watching the keynote at a reasonable time.

I'm hoping this is like when the iBook was introduced. I remember watching that real time and he is doing something network related and picks it up and walks across the stage and there is this collective pause as we realize there is no network cable. Then everyone flips out.

I wanna flip out this morning.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #134 of 274
How many are calling sick this morning?
post #135 of 274
I'm calling in fan boy.
post #136 of 274
How many trigger-happy people are out there this hour?

post #137 of 274
Nine hours.
post #138 of 274
NINE hours

post #139 of 274
Arrrrrggggggghhhhh!!!!!

post #140 of 274
Quote:

Arrrrrggggggghhhhh!!!!!

I changed the rules so I could post a minute early, because I am an unscrupulous bastard.

Although I now know that my computer clock is completely in sync with the AI server clock, since I hit the post button about 1 second earlier than that last four and it showed as 12:59.
post #141 of 274
Guys, I hear Tiger Woods takes Ambien when he's stressed out like this.

Some of you might need to try it.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #142 of 274
Just looked at the times... Wow.

My post about being trigger-happy seems to have worked...

post #143 of 274
Quote:

I changed the rules so I could post a minute early, because I am an unscrupulous bastard.

Although I now know that my computer clock is completely in sync with the AI server clock, since I hit the post button about 1 second earlier than that last four and it showed as 12:59.

GET IT RIGHT NEXT HOUR!!!
post #144 of 274
9:44!
post #145 of 274
post #146 of 274
The Cube Returns!

post #147 of 274
1 minute to go before it's EIGHT hours to go!!!

post #148 of 274
EIGHT hours

post #149 of 274
Eight Hours.
post #150 of 274
Arrrrrr, you got me!
post #151 of 274
Gotcha!

Gotta run out for dinner...

post #152 of 274
Sorry if this was asked before, but can I see the keynote on a live feed or something? Should we have to wait until apple uploads it? Thanks.
post #153 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciuchka View Post

Sorry if this was asked before, but can I see the keynote on a live feed or something? Should we have to wait until apple uploads it? Thanks.

There are a variety of sites that do live-blogging from the event and include photos. There is nothing completely live. Somebody will probably post a few links at about game time.

post #154 of 274
Seven hours.
post #155 of 274
SEVEN hours

post #156 of 274
post #157 of 274

post #158 of 274
ETA: < 7hrs
post #159 of 274
< (<7 Hrs)!
PC Gamer, Musician, Mac Geek. | Jerion.us
PC Gamer, Musician, Mac Geek. | Jerion.us
post #160 of 274
Is this a prototype bolted to a table to prevent it leaving the testing room?

Engadget thinks it just might be ...

http://www.engadget.com/photos/is-th...-apple-tablet/
"I tried to get a tattoo once but passed out. It wasn't wetting my arm that bothered me, I just couldn't press firmly for 30 seconds."
"I tried to get a tattoo once but passed out. It wasn't wetting my arm that bothered me, I just couldn't press firmly for 30 seconds."
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Temporary Insanity