MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

post #162 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

6 hours to go

'are we nearly there yet??'
post #163 of 274
Apple COO Tim Cook's response to a question during Apple's quarterly earnings conference call on Monday revealed very small nuance that I have only now just spotted in all the hype.

As reported in El Reg and elsewhere:

More than one analyst asked both Oppenheimer and Cook whether Apple's projections for the next quarter's revenue took into account the launch of the long-rumored iPad, but both execs dodged all such questions. To one questioner, Cook replied: "I wouldn't want to take away your joy and surprise on Wednesday when you see our latest creations."
ENDQUOTE

I note particularly the very last word "creations". It is plural.

This would imply more than one product launches at today?s Apple event. Or it could imply multiple content product streams to be announced to provide all the edu-newso-video-textotainment which all those customers buying shiny new tablets are going to require. Or it could just be a little slip of the tongue.

Plural is generally better than singular. It implies multiple revenue streams, spreading of risk and further profitable leverage of the existing ecosystem which pipelines cash direct from 100 million consumers' credit cards to Cupertino.

Thinking of how it could play out on stage, all the best Apple events in the past have featured at least a short section of "here's some of our old stuff we've updated" (eg an annual update of iLife or iWorks, a midlife revamp one of the iPod, Portable or Desktop product lines). These little 'appetisers' serve to set up SJ's "one more thing" moments, when he pulls the big news product from his pocket to hysterical acclaim.

It will be interesting to watch the AAPL share price react to the event. If there's any hint that multiple physical product or major content deals are to be announced, one might expect the hypespike to be higher and/or to hold for longer before the profit-taking sets in.
post #164 of 274
FIVE hours

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #165 of 274
Five hours to go

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't waaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!

beaten

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White

post #166 of 274
4hrs and 13mins for iPAD...
13 mins for another "4 Hours" Post race
post #167 of 274
300 secoonds... ready guys?? :P
post #168 of 274
Four hours to go

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't waaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!

post #169 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I wonder if there are drugs/devices where you can get a full night's sleep while also squeezing in an Apple keynote somewhere in there. Kinda like a dream machine that channels live blogs/ etc into your brain while you sleep. Someone's working on it as we speak. It could also be a memory implant kinda thing. You wake up in the morning, run through the five-minute implant procedure and Boom! You've implanted a memory of staying up following the live blogs and refreshing the Apple.com page five million times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

How many are calling sick this morning?

Well nvidia2008, I've been toying around with that idea for a while now but I'm not sure if customers would be keen on the idea of becoming cyborgs.

Oh and unfortunately, I couldn't call in sick this morning. What I've decided to do this morning is hang out with you guys till the zero hour then shut down internet explorer. I'm going to watch a the keynote recorded tonight from macrumors spoiler-free video link.

I don't want to watch the keynote by reading bad typing from the gizmodo freaks. That is no way to watch an event like this.

And another thing.....

less than 4 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #170 of 274
Jason Calicanis (http://twitter.com/Jason) has apparently been testing the tablet for the past two weeks. Not much details because of the NDA, but he loves it!
post #171 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishan View Post

Jason Calicanis (http://twitter.com/Jason) has apparently been testing the tablet for the past two weeks. Not much details because of the NDA, but he loves it!

Who the hell is he? The name sounds vaguely familiar.
post #172 of 274
I have Engadget, Gizmodo, and AI's live blog pages open and waiting to receive announcement goodness.

And Google stock ticker going in another window. No real movement on Apple stock this morning, so I guess no "game changing" leaks that the investor-types care about.

- Jasen.
post #173 of 274
ThReE HoUrS!!!!!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #174 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Who the hell is he? The name sounds vaguely familiar.

He's an successful entrepreneur, pundit, self-promoter and a very entertaining loudmouth from Brooklyn.

Wikipedia entry
post #175 of 274
One Hundred and 50 Minutes !!

Gosh !! taking a toll on my patience
post #176 of 274
2.5 hours to go

post #177 of 274
hehee... nice telepathy
post #178 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

ThReE HoUrS!!!!!

Make that 2 hours and 13 minutes!!!!!!!!!
post #179 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishan View Post

He's an successful entrepreneur, pundit, self-promoter and a very entertaining loudmouth from Brooklyn.

Wikipedia entry

That coulda been me if the tech entrepreneur thing had worked out.
post #180 of 274
AAAaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaaAaAaAAAAaAAAaaAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #181 of 274
That's the spirit!

post #182 of 274
TWO hours!!!
TWO hours!!!

post #183 of 274
I've seen it already. It is awesome. They let me buy it. Now they're sold out and none of you can have it for five months!

MINE, MINE, MINE, MINE!!

New rumor says the tablet has an HD television tuner built in? That would be an interesting twist.

post #184 of 274
one hour to go!!!!
post #185 of 274
Mad dash to the donut shop...

post #186 of 274
LOL I think 9to5 Mac doomed themselves with their little announcement. Their server is already gasping, lol.
post #187 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

LOL I think 9to5 Mac doomed themselves with their little announcement. Their server is already gasping, lol.

What did I miss? I can access it after a few seconds.

They just upgraded their page yesterday.

post #188 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindredMac View Post

one hour to go!!!!

Not it's not check ya bloody watch!

One hour and 46 minutes to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #189 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

LOL! What.....everybody thought that they would be doing a live video stream? Haaaaaahahahaha!
post #190 of 274
Why do people still need to live blog this? Why is no one using their iPhone with Ustream to give us what we need........real time video?!?!?!?!

GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

post #191 of 274
Quote:

Why do people still need to live blog this? Why is no one using their iPhone with Ustream to give us what we need........real time video?!?!?!?!

GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

:grum ble:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then again, watching some choppy video while the boss in the background is bothering you probably wouldn't be as good as watching the keynote recorded later in hi-res spoiler free.
As soon as the zero hour hits it's gonig to be no internet or news for me till I get home.
post #192 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Not it's not check ya bloody watch!

One hour and 46 minutes to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It must have been the TEMPORARY INSANITY!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*
post #193 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindredMac View Post

It must have been the TEMPORARY INSANITY!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*

Nice save.

How much time do we have left now???????????????????????????
post #194 of 274
ThIrTy MiNuTES!!!!

Appleinsider's servers is on fire.

She can't take much more of this cap'ain. She's going to blow.

post #195 of 274
Quote:

ThIrTy MiNuTES!!!!

Appleinsider's servers is on fire.

She can't take much more of this cap'ain. She's going to blow.

Seriously! Yo admins! Throw some more servers on the barbie! Do something before the servers catch on fire and crash dang nabbit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can barely load the site as it is!!

25 minutes to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #196 of 274
*screams like a girl* AHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggg!!
post #197 of 274
This is getting really ridiculous.. how can anything live up to this kind of hype and anticipation. If this thing is a media player and that's it I might need counseling afterwards.
post #198 of 274
Ahh! Christmas Day for the Apple faithful. I have a big picture of Kool Aid at the ready! Bring on the iPad!

And Please Lord Jobs! Please give me my 32 gig Verizon iPhone! And a new Apple TV or at least some assurance you wont upgrade it if I buy it tomorrow.
post #199 of 274
I just left AT&T. Only paid half the cancelation fees after some heated conversing!!! Now have Vonage at the house. Vonage WIFI app on the phone (which, by the way, lets you make free calls over WIFI. I just don't think they know about it yet). Pay as You Go 25 cent a minute with AT&T when I can't find WIFI to make calls. Still have GPS, mobile turn by turn maps, WIFI calling and unlimited Vonage at home. Take THAT AT&T!!!

Now bring me my 10 inch Phone for Verizon on a aluminum platter please!
aren't you going to miss being the smarter minority when Apple goes mainstream?
aren't you going to miss being the smarter minority when Apple goes mainstream?
post #200 of 274
If Jobs doesn't get right to the point do you think the mob gets ugly? It's going to be funny seeing such excited people in the audience pretend to be cool about the whole thing..
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Temporary Insanity