or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Temporary Insanity

Temporary Insanity - Page 6

post #201 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

5 days, 14 hours, 30 minutes to go

Temporary Insanity used to be a forum here on AI back in the day and it could get wacky.

Temporary insanity, though, doesn't just apply to us here at AI, but the entire tech world. At PC World, there is an article claiming the new tablet won't be good for business. What do you guys and girls think?

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente..._business.html

Read the article. It boils down to 'Damn those end-users, they will use what we give them, and they'll LIKE IT'

IT shops that follow his mind set create their own security nightmares by not being proactive, foster an 'us against IT' mentality, and usually deploying 'solutions' that meet the needs of IT, not the end users.

I work in the health care field. a USEFUL, sealed tablet that can be safely integerated into our network, is light enough to be used as tablet, and is easy enough and quick enough that physicians will actually USE it would be very welcome
post #202 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticulatedArm View Post

This is getting really ridiculous.. how can anything live up to this kind of hype and anticipation. If this thing is a media player and that's it I might need counseling afterwards.

That's the fun of it all.

17 minutes to go!!!

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #203 of 274
15 minutes to GO!

Actually posted with 17 minutes to go, but allowing for 3-5 minutes of time for the server to process less info than a text message using the two gerbils and three hamsters it uses for a server.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #204 of 274
TeN MiNUTES!!!!

post #205 of 274
Quote:

This is getting really ridiculous.. how can anything live up to this kind of hype and anticipation. If this thing is a media player and that's it I might need counseling afterwards.

LOL! Perhaps me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

Ahh! Christmas Day for the Apple faithful. I have a big picture of Kool Aid at the ready! Bring on the iPad!

And Please Lord Jobs! Please give me my 32 gig Verizon iPhone! And a new Apple TV or at least some assurance you wont upgrade it if I buy it tomorrow.

I'll bring the ice!!

Quote:

If Jobs doesn't get right to the point do you think the mob gets ugly? It's going to be funny seeing such excited people in the audience pretend to be cool about the whole thing..

Haha, they'll be sitting in their seats trying to act all cool about it but then the sweat will start pouring. Can you imagine if Jobs changes his mind now and annouce everything except the tablet? They'd probably leap on stage with pitchforks to attack him!
post #206 of 274
For me, it's the one thing I don't want -- I want NO CONTRACT REQUIRED
post #207 of 274
8 m i n u t e s ! ! !
post #208 of 274
No working - any suggestions/ideas on why my screen isn't showing squat for the live feed?
post #209 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by reliason View Post

For me, it's the one thing I don't want -- I want NO CONTRACT REQUIRED

Or rather, to have it as an option.
post #210 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmc6000 View Post

No working - any suggestions/ideas on why my screen isn't showing squat for the live feed?

What live feed??????? Is there a live video stream somewhere? TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #211 of 274
I hope there is a virtualization program for the new Tablet that will let me run my Fedora "spin" I'm making this week...

Markus McLaughlin
linuxglobemag.net
linuxglobe on twitter
Hudson, MA
post #212 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

What live feed??????? Is there a live video stream somewhere? TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://live.appleinsider.com/
post #213 of 274
Quote:

Or rather, to have it as an option.

Agreed -- 3G connectivity should be completely optional.
post #214 of 274
Quote:

That ain't a video stream!
post #215 of 274
Quote:

can someone tell me why the apple store is still up? don't they usually take it down when they are about to announce new products?
gl
gl
post #216 of 274
The wait is almost over!!! 2 minutes to go!!!

Here ar two live blogs that are working well so far:

http://live.gizmodo.com/

post #217 of 274
Quote:

I mean the text - the AI feed - nothing shows up...
post #218 of 274
oh, and only 2 minutes!
gl
gl
post #219 of 274
Quote:

That ain't a video stream!

To the best of my knowledge -- there is no streaming video feed of the event.

I doubt apple would allow it.
post #220 of 274
1 minute
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #221 of 274
It's TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #222 of 274
show time!!!

post #223 of 274
where are the pictures of the tablet?!?! I don't feel like waiting

hahaha
gl
gl
post #224 of 274
Surely I'm not the only one with half a dozen live blog streams tabbed....
post #225 of 274
It's HERE!

post #226 of 274
Quote:

It's TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well folks, I wasn't able to find an unofficial live video stream of the event in time.

So I'm signing off and will watch the keynote recorded later tonight. I'll catch up with you guys in the forum later tonight or tomorrow.

Have fun everyone! And like you all, I'm hoping for good news!

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #227 of 274
FYI, I am getting a lot more updates from Gizmodos feed
post #228 of 274
Me, too. AI's page dropped off on me.

post #229 of 274
iPad?
Cubist
Cubist
post #230 of 274
Yeah, Engadget and Gizmodo seem to be holding up pretty well. Ars, Macworld, the Apple Blog appear to have been killed dead.

It really did break the internet.
post #231 of 274
Huh. So far, it actually does seem to be sort of a "big iPhone", though of course the extra screen real estate changes up the experience quite a bit.

No mention of a camera in the quick hardware run down. "Apple A4 chip"?
post #232 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

"Apple A4 chip"?

Yeah, WTF is that?
post #233 of 274
41 minutes in and... completely underwhelmed.

The only 'cool' bit out it is the 10 hours of battery life.
post #234 of 274
Quote:

41 minutes in and... completely underwhelmed.

The only 'cool' bit out it is the 10 hours of battery life.

I dunno, it looks pretty great to me. I think you should at least handle one before you rant.
post #235 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlion View Post

I dunno, it looks pretty great to me. I think you should at least handle one before you rant.

not ranting.

Was hoping for more than a hyperthyroid iPod Touch.
post #236 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlion View Post

Yea... we'll see. Remember the reaction to the first iPod and how many people thought of it as a pretty lame announcement...

BTW: AI broke it's "Most users ever" record this evening, more than 7000 people here now
--
My girlfriend thinks I'm curious - that's what I read in her diary
(Unknown)
--
My girlfriend thinks I'm curious - that's what I read in her diary
(Unknown)
post #237 of 274
iBooks. iWork. Now we're getting somewhere.

EDIT: And now we know why Apple dropped the "iBook" designation from their hardware lineup... they were saving it for an app!
post #238 of 274
Base model $499

Maxes out at 64 GB with 3G for $829
post #239 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by durandal View Post

Yea... we'll see. Remember the reaction to the first iPod and how many people thought of it as a pretty lame announcement...

I guess the let down is even greater for me. Where is the iChat client? Still no Flash?

Phenominal Battery Life (10 hrs).
802.11N
Runs almost all existing app store apps.
eBooks/Movies/Audio
Sold unlocked using GSM
Intersting adapation of iWork apps.

Base Price, 16 gig @ 499USD.

OK, Price point is lower than I expected
post #240 of 274
Keyboard dock!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Temporary Insanity