or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Inside the multitouch FingerWorks tech in Apple's tablet

Inside the multitouch FingerWorks tech in Apple's tablet - Page 5

post #161 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by spliff monkey View Post

We've been drawing pictures with "pointy things" for about 30 thousand years now. I'm pretty sure it's not going away and in fact one might argue it's a technology that we've evolved with.

Smart pens only support the idea of a stylus with the tablet. Do you really think that a smart pen and a piece of paper should really outshine a tablet?

I don't believe that if the tablet doesn't have a stylus it will fail by any means but, it is kind of "essential" to the concept of a tablet in my opinion and it might hurt sales if it didn't, but then again maybe the extra cost of that feature would have hurt sales more.

smart pens replace the stylus completely. link to iGadget via bluetooth. write on any surface with or without ink and a hard copy. much more flexible than a stylus ever was. can do other tricks too.

first tablet was a piece of stone, and first stylus was a chisel+mallet. technology moves on.
post #162 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

first tablet was a piece of stone, and first stylus was a chisel+mallet. technology moves on.

No, there made of clay. The styluses pressed into the clay to form cuneiform.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Inside the multitouch FingerWorks tech in Apple's tablet