or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Calicanis a beta tester?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calicanis a beta tester?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Jason Calicanis (http://twitter.com/Jason) has apparently been testing the tablet for the past two weeks. Not much detail because of the NDA, but he loves it!
post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishan View Post

Jason Calicanis (http://twitter.com/Jason) has apparently been testing the tablet for the past two weeks. Not much detail because of the NDA, but he loves it!

It's a shocking truth, but sometimes people say things on Twitter to attract more followers.

C.
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Wouldn't surprise me, Calicanis is a shameless self-promoter. But so long as we're going with the "temporary insanity" theme... why not?
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

It's a shocking truth, but sometimes people say things on Twitter to attract more followers.

C.

D: gasp!
post #5 of 12
Well on TWiT he was talking about this thing being a portable TV, so if it turns out that is the case, then I guess he is telling the truth here, otherwise... BS.
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishan View Post

Jason Calicanis (http://twitter.com/Jason) has apparently been testing the tablet for the past two weeks. Not much detail because of the NDA, but he loves it!

Apparently, a lack of facility with the English language is a requirement to be an Apple beta tester. As for Calicanis' not violating his NDA, I have a hard time understanding how the information that he tweeted would not be covered under his NDA if he has an NDA.
post #7 of 12
Yeah he is notorious for self promoting...but what if what he said on twitter is true?? Wow! It would be amazing if we get all the features he mentioned! I hope he is not jerking around to promote himself, he has a reputation to protect. He has little to gain and too much to lose for making this up. We will see!

The battery life he mentioned is a little concerning though...
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Apparently, a lack of facility with the English language is a requirement to be an Apple beta tester. As for Calicanis' not violating his NDA, I have a hard time understanding how the information that he tweeted would not be covered under his NDA if he has an NDA.

Maybe (probably?) he's full of s***, but who cares? This is fun!
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Apparently, a lack of facility with the English language is a requirement to be an Apple beta tester. As for Calicanis' not violating his NDA, I have a hard time understanding how the information that he tweeted would not be covered under his NDA if he has an NDA.

The NDA is probably expired on the 27th. That's why he can speak of the device without getting into trouble. However, if apple finds out he is spilling the beans before the announcement, he may not be a beta tester going forward...
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplePi View Post

Well on TWiT he was talking about this thing being a portable TV, so if it turns out that is the case, then I guess he is telling the truth here, otherwise... BS.

My BS-ometer went into the red when he said OLED. It'll be a while before a 10" OLED screen appears in a consumer device.

LED-backlit LCD sure. OLED Bl(cough)sht!

C.
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

My BS-ometer went into the red when he said OLED. It'll be a while before a 10" OLED screen appears in a consumer device.

LED-backlit LCD sure. OLED Bl(cough)sht!

We'll see, but I agree. My doubts lie mostly because of production volume considerations. I know Samsung puts OLED on all their cameras, but for one, those are small screens and Samsung isn't a very big player in the camera market. I doubt OLED suppliers can make 30-40 million of even the smaller ones a year for Apple's needs. Making millions for an alleged large tablet doesn't sound realistic right now.
post #12 of 12
Cow-poop confirmed.

C.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Calicanis a beta tester?