or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple reveals long-awaited multi-touch 'iPad'

Apple reveals long-awaited multi-touch 'iPad' - Page 5

post #161 of 779
lol starting at 499

better come with a reacharound
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
post #162 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

It isn't that great.

1. Its not a game changer

2. Its nothing more then a larger iPod Touch

3. It can't work as a Mac. No version of iLife or iWorks like rumored. It has no real processing power.

4. Unlike some have mentioned its not powerful enough for Slate computing to take over notebooks.

5. They can bundle it with Apple Tv and try and sell it at Costco because thats the only way they are going to make money on this.

has 3g with no contract and half decent pricing on data... and only iWork but for 10 bucks an app for some dumb down version i suppose...
post #163 of 779
Shove that trolls, unlocked and with 3g, and starting at $499, stick that up your...
post #164 of 779
IM SOLD!

Ill be buying the base model one lol
post #165 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

[CENTER]What makes you think that?

Unless I'm mistaken it does (in fact) have a very capable camera... possibly two!.[/CENTER]

LOL. You are making fun of the people around here. Calm down.
post #166 of 779
post #167 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpunk View Post

I have an iPhone (great device/dreadful phone - but then we all knew that) so why on earth do I need a bigger one?! I get the idea that I can sit on the train and read books and watch 10 hours of video having had it hanging around without charge for up to a month (yeah right - like that's gonna live up to expectations) but I'm still having to carry my laptop so I'm taking two devices?? I don't think so!

Absolutely everything Apple has done before has been surrounded in hype and they've compeltely pulled it off - but this (as the share price right this second would suggest) is NOT their finest hour.

Oh sure it'll sell - but I for one am disapointed.

M

Exactly how I feel. I have an iPod, iPhone and MBP. It is useless for me.
Ironic they call it iPad and you cant write on it.
Anticipation and hype was way too high on this one... All because of the iPhone.
post #168 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterxAce View Post

has 3g with no contract and half decent pricing on data... and only iWork but for 10 bucks an app for some dumb down version i suppose...

let me just say that chargin more for 3g version is stupid... now att give me unlimited data for my usb stick for 30 and well talk!!
post #169 of 779
[CENTER]Wow! My predictions were all very close...

$499 for 16GB of iPad. That's our base model. 32GB is $599, 64GB is $799. 3G models cost an extra $130. $629, 729, and 829 with 3G.
[/CENTER]
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #170 of 779
Keyboard dock!!!!!
post #171 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

f. flash. forget about it. It's crap, and html 5 specifications just do away with it. Nobody gives a flying f. about flash anymore, even once flash websites have stopped using it, it's not user friendly, it's a hog on resources, there's a whole list on way flash sucks.

And yet people still use Flash.

Why? Because if you can imagine it, it's possible to make in Flash.

Tell me how HTML 5 Plans to accomplish THIS.

Do I need to mention the legion of creative professionals whose work benefits from motion? Don't waste my time with that tweener animation crap that jQuery brings to the table for forms. It's not truly interactive.

Google is starting to index it. Flash now supports deep-linking. Bing doesn't, but who cares about Bing? Silverlight is a Hulu novelty.

Your, and Apple's mistake, is to continue to think Flash is a video codec.

If you use Flash correctly, it's a interactive movie in the form of a website that cannot be replicated by lesser, traditional technologies.

HTML5? Are you serious? I suppose you think 99% of users will be able to see CSS3 content tomorrow, too?
post #172 of 779
With that sized screen and iWork, it's not just a bigger iPhone, it's an alternative to a Netbook.
post #173 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Fred 1 View Post

No cam so..no iChat.....not good for me. I iChat all the time with my son in the Navy on my iMac. I was so hoping. \

Yeah that would have been nice
post #174 of 779
Quote:

Shove that trolls, unlocked and with 3g, and starting at $499, stick that up your...

add 130 to that price for 3g, and you might be right
post #175 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins View Post

LOL. You are making fun of the people around here. Calm down.

[CENTER] What's up Buddy... Not really, just keeping the record straight.[/CENTER]
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #176 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

IM SOLD!

Ill be buying the base model one lol

piss off troll.
post #177 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheldonJohnScott View Post

Anticipation and hype was way too high on this one... All because of the iPhone.

And what were you expecting? What was the line above which you would consider it NOT to be a fail? Were you planning to replace one of your many Apple possessions, or find a place where it fits with them?
post #178 of 779
Wall Street likes the price.

They left lots of room to make improvements down the road. So early adopters will buy a second one to get the camera, bluetooth, etc.
post #179 of 779
LOL. it is a 16GB closed OS not multitasking netbook wanna-be for the ridiculous price of $500. Yuck.
post #180 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

They left lots of room to make improvements down the road. So early adopters will buy a second one to get the camera, bluetooth, etc.

it has bluetooth 2.1
post #181 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbry View Post

And yet people still use Flash.

Why? Because if you can imagine it, it's possible to make in Flash.

Tell me how HTML 5 Plans to accomplish THIS.

Do I need to mention the legion of creative professionals whose work benefits from motion? Don't waste my time with that tweener animation crap that jQuery brings to the table for forms. It's not truly interactive.

Google is starting to index it. Flash now supports deep-linking. Bing doesn't, but who cares about Bing? Silverlight is a Hulu novelty.

Your, and Apple's mistake, is to continue to think Flash is a video codec.

If you use Flash correctly, it's a interactive movie in the form of a website that cannot be replicated by lesser, traditional technologies.

HTML5? Are you serious? I suppose you think 99% of users will be able to see CSS3 content tomorrow, too?

Another poster with 1 post, ahem troll, sorry mods, can't help it. piss off troll.
post #182 of 779
no gps on this huh
post #183 of 779
What's the screen resolution?
post #184 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO3 View Post

At $500, I'll be getting one. Happily.

You and many other people will. I'm sure Apple knows what kind of numbers to expect.

(plus, add to the mix the people that buy whatever Apple makes just because lol)
post #185 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Hey look you can barely tell the difference between my 'mockup' in 2007 and the real deal!

(treat that with a pinch of sarcasm)

Well, at least your mockup's got less bezel.
Help kill Adobe's Flash. Complain to websites using it. Join YouTube's HTML5 beta (http://www.youtube.com/html5)
Help kill Adobe's Flash. Complain to websites using it. Join YouTube's HTML5 beta (http://www.youtube.com/html5)
post #186 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheldonJohnScott View Post

Looks like Apple already extracted sufficient revenue from you. Maybe you are not the target customer for this device?
post #187 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by desarc View Post

no gps on this huh

[CENTER]Strange... Maybe Google Maps will include TbT like it does no the DROID/Nexus One?[/CENTER]
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #188 of 779
$129 premium for the privelage of another $30/mon AT&T data plan....

Did anyone imagine the WiFi only model to be cheaper? LOL thats amazing.

nooooooooooooo thank u
post #189 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedLoop View Post

Hmmm...New 3G micro sims? Why? To keep me from plugging in my current phone SIM?

If you did that, you would also have no phone service... What I found notably absent was no tethering between this device and the iPhone. That is what I want, but I guess AT&T still doesn't offer tethering to the iPhone at all so they couldn't add that feature. Sad, because I do not live in the US and I have free tethering on my iPhone.
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
post #190 of 779
Quote:

Another poster with 1 post, ahem troll, sorry mods, can't help it. piss off troll.

That's right, ignore the message, just dismiss him as a troll.

This iPad is bringing in new members, a lot of which are here to bitch (lol that rhymed) but people like him who know what they're talking about stand to keep the discussion interesting.,

cmon now.
post #191 of 779
I think there should still be a camera
post #192 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

Good point. Love it all except the lack of a camera - I will interested to see Apple's reason for this. Probably cost.
post #193 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugodinho View Post

Well, at least your mockup's got less bezel.

more bezel = more cowbell!
:-D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
:-D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
post #194 of 779
That price with gps and a cam would be great... i agree wait till gen 2 of this device
post #195 of 779
Quote:

pot meet kettle
post #196 of 779
Apple stock is now up +1.85 (+0.90%)
post #197 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanger View Post

I could see the rational(e) on an iPhone, on a much larger screen like this, the reasoning for not having Flash is just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Ugh, no flash...seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanger View Post

Sigh... still no flash plug in eh? Talk about useless then.

must... ...kill... ...(stupid, heavy, proprietary, never designed for video)....flash....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

YouTube and Vimeo both work in Safari without Flash player now.

and when HTML 5 gets up to speed, hopefully so will everything else. I'm impressed Apple's sticking to this, as they obviously could have included it.

An iPhone, a Leatherman and thou...  ...life is complete.

An iPhone, a Leatherman and thou...  ...life is complete.

post #198 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins View Post

LOL. it is a 16GB closed OS not multitasking netbook wanna-be for the ridiculous price of $500. Yuck.

[CENTER]Certainly not too high for the Apple faithful, or those who simply see it as an electronic fashion accessory.[/CENTER]
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #199 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by macshark View Post

Another brilliant first post!

I'm an independent IT consultant and am an avid Apple fan. It is my first post - but I have no axe to grind with Apple (or anyone for that matter). I just think on this occasion the hype has outshone the delivery - I was hugely excited about this launch (more so than any other), but I accept that others may see a possibility for this device in their daily lives.

I on the other hand would rather have a MacBook Air.
post #200 of 779
I bet it's incredible to hold, make you feel like you're on Star Trek. I just wish it had phone calls.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple reveals long-awaited multi-touch 'iPad'