or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple reveals long-awaited multi-touch 'iPad'

Apple reveals long-awaited multi-touch 'iPad' - Page 2

post #41 of 779
apple stock is tumbling. not a good sign..
post #42 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by macshark View Post

10 hours of "best case" battery life is pathetic. It probably won't even last 4-5 hours under heavy use. They should have made it a few ounces heavier to get at least 8 hours of battery life under heavy use, which would translate to 14-16 hours of "best case" battery life...

I couldn't agree with you more on this aspect. For tablets to truly become mainstream they need to be usable for a typical office day.

Since the powers that be chose a horrible system to handle their live updates of this event I am unable to determine this next question myself... Is the battery user replaceable or is it yet another built-in job?

I see great promise for the device in many business environments if the battery were user replaceable and lasted a full (and then some) business day. But, you'll have to replace the batteries every year. Businesses won't want to send the devices off to get the batteries replaced or buy new ones every year.
post #43 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by alectheking View Post

I am shocked they went with iPad

I was hoping they would sounds better than iSlate!
post #44 of 779
SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT!! It looks ugly (huge bezel) and tastes awful... not nearly sufficiently better enough than an iPhone to justify it's bigger size!
Help kill Adobe's Flash. Complain to websites using it. Join YouTube's HTML5 beta (http://www.youtube.com/html5)
Help kill Adobe's Flash. Complain to websites using it. Join YouTube's HTML5 beta (http://www.youtube.com/html5)
post #45 of 779
Full-screen FieldRunners would run pretty cool on this thing. Get ready to fork out $$$ for more levels...
post #46 of 779
[CENTER]So far... So Accurate on my predictions earlier in the month - iPad It Is![/CENTER]
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #47 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by LE Studios View Post

I was hoping they would sounds better than iSlate!

I personally like iSlate much more. It sounds futuristic and intriguing..
post #48 of 779
I'm most surprised by what appears to be the lack of a camera. I was hoping it would have some cool iChat-like video conferencing.
post #49 of 779
Quote:

Also the bezel looks huge. First impressions are a bit scrambled...idk what to think yet till i see it in person. \

I think the bezel is just right; your fingers have to go somewhere when you are holding it or handing it over to someone to look at something.
post #50 of 779
apple stock down
post #51 of 779
where is Ireland??? I hate to think of how he feels right now..
post #52 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysean View Post

Since the powers that be chose a horrible system to handle their live updates of this event I am unable to determine this next question myself... Is the battery user replaceable or is it yet another built-in job?

I can't confirm for sure obviously, but since Apple is moving all their moble products to an integrated battery, I will bet that this will be the same.
post #53 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Ugh, no flash...seriously?

Give me a price and i'll decide if i should buy or not, looks intriguing but not a must have.

I am going with $499 + data plan. They are going to price this slow to get volume and to position it as a gaming device.
post #54 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheldonJohnScott View Post

stock always plummets after/during an event.
:-D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
:-D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
post #55 of 779
I love the New York Times reader - something I was hoping for, since newspapers on my Kindle are crap.
post #56 of 779
Quote:

Also the bezel looks huge. First impressions are a bit scrambled...idk what to think yet till i see it in person. \

Same. I'll reserve final judgement until I learn more and see one in person. But from first impressions it just seems too big. The bezel looks clunky by Apple's normal asthetic standards. It's also not at all what I thought the aspect ratio would be.
post #57 of 779
Quote:

apple stock down 11.00 .. really bad news

You must have a scum-broker if you are getting a quote for that price. The current real time quote is down 3.23 (-1.57%)
post #58 of 779
I watch a video in Flash and it uses 80% cpu and same video in Quicktime uses 30%. If you support Flash, you associate yourself with crap.
post #59 of 779
That is probably the last we'll see of Steve. I can't believe he actually thinks this is the best thing Apple has ever created. What a lame product. Maybe some people need this, not me. The functionality is pretty weak in my opinion.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #60 of 779
Quote:

where is Ireland??? I hate to think of how he feels right now..

probably smashing something.

Such potential, still awaiting price. If its too high Apple stock will fall like a kamikaze pilot out the sky
post #61 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

That is probably the last we'll see of Steve. I can't believe he actually thinks this is the best thing Apple has ever created. What a lame product. Maybe some people need this, not me. The functionality is pretty weak in my opinion.

Just a guess: You don't read much?
post #62 of 779
Quote:

[CENTER]Just a glitch while people figure out exactly how this device is such an (alleged) game changer.

For many, it'll forever be regarded as nothing more than a Super-Sized iPod Touch... which (of course) it is, for others so much more.[/CENTER]
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #63 of 779
I hope the Action will fall under the ground. It's so lame. So much hype for nothing... It's just a big sized iPod touch. Wow... FAILED.
post #64 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

I watch a video in Flash and it uses 80% cpu and same video in Quicktime uses 30%. If you support Flash, you associate yourself with crap.

You must have a terrible computer then lol my cpu roughly eats 30% when watching flash videos unless its in HD
post #65 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

You probably think the Google Nexus One is cool...
post #66 of 779
Quote:

There are things called hardware acceleration these days. How much web video content is in quicktime? Like it or not Flash is still here to stay. The screen size on an iPhone was always a good excuse, however they don't have that excuse now.

As to the gaming aspects, they might get some casual gamers, but its gonna be hard to go head to head with Nintendo for mobile gaming. I could see them competing with Sony however.
post #67 of 779
No camera! iChat is a dead issue?

From what I've see sofar 12:50 cst this is a monumental flop.

Sorry Steve.....
post #68 of 779
Quote:

and use vlc to get 10% cpu, cos quicktime is also a pig
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
post #69 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by nblavoie View Post

I hope the Action will fall under the ground. It's so lame. So much hype for nothing... It's just a big sized iPod touch. Wow... FAILED.

Congratulations on your 3rd post. Which viral anti-marketing company do you work for?
post #70 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

I don't like it. I am sure it will have it's audience, but not for me. No signs of multitasking at the time of this post.

No multi-tasking would be so disappointing.
post #71 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by macshark View Post

Just a guess: You don't read much?

I guess you didn't read my earlier post where I said I subscribed to LOTS of magazines about art and architecture, plus I work in publishing so I guess you would be wrong.

post #72 of 779
Should have put a USB port on it.......
post #73 of 779
I hate to admit as a big Apple fan, but I am a bit dissapointed so far. Heres to hoping theres something amazing that hasnt been revealed yet
post #74 of 779
Quote:

Unfortunately, about 90% of the web uses crap.
post #75 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

I love the New York Times reader - something I was hoping for, since newspapers on my Kindle are crap.

We might even get the crossword puzzles with this...
post #76 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by brit120666 View Post

You probably think the Google Nexus One is cool...

Nope. Iphone since day 1.

post #77 of 779
When Apple changed the name of their portable line from PowerBook to MacBook, I wasn't all that thrilled about it, but looking back, it made a lot of sense (seeing that Apple dropped the old PowerPC chip in favor of Intel). iPad? It really is the only name that makes any sense, if you think about it. iSlate? Nah. iPad will grow on folks over time.
post #78 of 779
I am not impressed at all with this tablet and want to see what software comes with this hardware and how is it going to be developed in future. Nothing earth shattering and basically living off the iPhone great start for apple in smartphone sector.

I wait until I get more details before, i buy this one, at moment 5/10 effort, certainly for me NOT slam dunk and I will be watching the market closely and actually thinking for the first time to dump some Apple shares.

Lets see what the support and software is, but I am disappointed, since it is certainly does not have the impact like iPhone did in its release.

Soul

Edit 6/10, since I be able to ran Skype on it and but I see no webcam or did I miss that in the spec?
post #79 of 779
All of this hype and this is all we get -- a big iPod touch?

This thing had better be priced less than $600.
post #80 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1948 View Post

No camera! iChat is a dead issue?

From what I've see sofar 12:50 cst this is a monumental flop.

Sorry Steve.....

[CENTER]What makes you think that?

Unless I'm mistaken it does (in fact) have a very capable camera... possibly two!.[/CENTER]
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple reveals long-awaited multi-touch 'iPad'