or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple reveals long-awaited multi-touch 'iPad'

Apple reveals long-awaited multi-touch 'iPad' - Page 3

post #81 of 779
jesus christ these games look awful their demoing.
post #82 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheldonJohnScott View Post

blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysean View Post

blah blah

Quote:

apple stock down

Quote:
Originally Posted by nblavoie View Post

I hope the Action will fall under the ground. It's so lame. So much hype for nothing... It's just a big sized iPod touch. Wow... FAILED.

All of you morons just registered today to ditch apple? For crying out loud don't you idiots have anything better to do than troll apple product launches....2 posts, 1 post, 3 posts, everyone of you...get a girlfriend, or boyfriend...jesus...apple is so hot all the losers flog around like flies.
post #83 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie View Post

Should have put a USB port on it.......

agreed ! sd slot too.
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
post #84 of 779
I called the name First time iPad was mentioned as a possibility I said it was the first good name I heard. It just sounds Apple. iSlate is a terrible name, sounds too hard whereas iPad is soft and cuddly. Can't wait to see some decent games on this.
post #85 of 779
[CENTER]Here We Go... iPad's 'Killer App' - iBooks![/CENTER]
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #86 of 779
I don't like how it looks, sorry I really don't, I hope the new iPhone won't look the same. And IPS LCD screen? Come-on there has to be something more, let's find out (still running).

The sw looks super cool though, I hope the new iPhone will get these pop-up menu's, tools and widget.
post #87 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

but I am disappointed, since it is certainly does not have the impact like iPhone did in its release.

What device could do that in the near future? It is very hard to live up to a huge hype. Ask Reggie Bush, Ryan Leaf.......
post #88 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutela View Post

I don't like how it looks, sorry I really don't, I hope the new iPhone won't look the same. And IPS LCD screen? Come-on there has to be something more, let's find out (still running).

The sw looks super cool though, I hope the new iPhone will get these pop-up menu's, tools and widget.

[CENTER]The hardware does look extremely 'dated', but the GUI/OS is looking very nice... Especially iBooks[/CENTER]
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #89 of 779
"Five big partners... Penguin, Macmillion, Simon & Shuster... and more."

LOL. McGraw-Hill got ditched from the presentation
post #90 of 779
And finally the Apple Bookstore: iBooks. It would be interesting to find out what percentage is Apple's cut from each book sale. Since they already have the entire infrastructure in place because of iTunes, this would be pretty much pure profit for Apple.
post #91 of 779
Where's McGraw-Hill?

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #92 of 779
And why the *&^@ is the bezel around the screen so flippin' wide? Apple, WTF?
post #93 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanger View Post

There are things called hardware acceleration these days. How much web video content is in quicktime? Like it or not Flash is still here to stay. The screen size on an iPhone was always a good excuse, however they don't have that excuse now.

As to the gaming aspects, they might get some casual gamers, but its gonna be hard to go head to head with Nintendo for mobile gaming. I could see them competing with Sony however.

It has already been seen statistically that the iPod Touch is hurting Nintendo's mobile gaming ecosystem.

I see the decision to NOT support flash as a very good & forethought move. Flash sucks. It was never meant to handle video or complex processing of any kind (such as these lamentable flash games on the popular social networking sites). This is largely why it is such a resource hog. The functionality was a bolt-on and has never been optimized or integrated properly. You may be surprised that JAVA is faster and uses much less resources than flash. I'm all for the HTML5 movement as long as implementation is done intelligently. It's time for flash to die. It has outlived itself.
post #94 of 779
This thing is OK. For the first time I feel overhype from jobs. Nothing ground breaking here. Cool name and processor. It looks ugly - oversized iphone. super wide bezel and rounded corners.. NO USB. they wont fly off the shelves-
post #95 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

YouTube and Vimeo both work in Safari without Flash player now.

Unfortunately my preferred video sites, nfl.com and hulu.com, use flash :-(
post #96 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

"Five big partners... Penguin, Macmillion, Simon & Shuster... and more."

LOL. McGraw-Hill got ditched from the presentation

Noticed that too. \
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
post #97 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

What device could do that in the near future? It is very hard to live up to a huge hype. Ask Reggie Bush, Ryan Leaf.......

Yeah but at least there could have given us something that was not basic copy of iPhone with improved processor and larger storage. This is 2-3 years of work and secrecy...come on

I wait and see
post #98 of 779
It makes no sense this device. I use my iphone to read a lot in the odds of places but this thing who needs it ?

I suppose you could play electronic board games on it with the family. Unless it's like 200 - 300 euros maybe.

I think Jobs fails to understand e-ink which is the future to replace paper, it's easier to read and has super battery life.

Also the screen is the wrong size it's too large and too small. Big fat failure this, another Apple TV
post #99 of 779
I'm intrigued. Considering that this looks like a device category that nobody quite knows what to make of, I imagine you'll need to get hands-on with this thing to 'get it'.

And, uh...the bezel is wide so you can hold the damn thing without covering the screen.
PC Gamer, Musician, Mac Geek. | Jerion.us
PC Gamer, Musician, Mac Geek. | Jerion.us
post #100 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutela View Post

And IPS LCD screen? Come-on there has to be something more, let's find out (still running).

What is wrong with a high-res IPS screen? This is currently the highest quality display technology that is available for displays of this size. If Apple went with something like OLED, they would not only run into supply issues, but also other problems as the OLED technology is not yet proven for displays of this size. We might see an OLED display in v2 or v3 of iPad, not because it will improve the display quality but most likely because it will reduce the power consumption.
post #101 of 779
It has productivity apps! We are witnessing the death of the mouse people. And maybe the long term replacement of the Mac.
post #102 of 779
Does it have USB host? Would be great if I could plug my camera in and edit photos as I take them.
post #103 of 779
The iBook app looks just like Delicious Library
post #104 of 779
Utterly useless. What do you do when you travel, bring the desktop its tethered to along? No I/O and the available, useless, file system apps can't handle anything remotely large and are sloooow.

No problem, I get an Air. 2" wider than my old G4 Powerbook, no way.

Won't cannibalize anything, won't sell. MS is laughing its butt off.
post #105 of 779
Ohhhh ireland where art thou??
post #106 of 779
Quote:

It has productivity apps! We are witnessing the death of the mouse people. And maybe the long term replacement of the Mac.

touchscreens will not kill kill tactile keyboards and touchUI is not as robust as using a mouse.
post #107 of 779
Wow! They made a big iPod Touch! So impressive! NOT!

"1GHz...which includes the CPU and graphics...and it screams" seems like a contradiction to me. Since when has a non-mobile device with an integrated 1 GHz been touted as screaming? I haven't seen the detailed specs yet to be 100% on my previous statement but I doubt it has multiple cores, an impressive bus, or anything of that nature.

What about the app store? Will its restrictions make it suck just like the iPhone app store? There's one other issue that I foresee. The iPad looks like it may only be compatible with one browser. I hope Microsoft and Google sue you, Apple.
post #108 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye Forget View Post

Utterly useless. What do you do when you travel, bring the desktop its tethered to along? No I/O and the available, useless, file system apps can't handle anything remotely large and are sloooow.

No problem, I get an Air. 2" wider than my old G4 Powerbook, no way.

Won't cannibalize anything, won't sell. MS is laughing its butt off.

Ever heard of cloud computing? Every large tech is going this route. My employer, fortune 100 - we are going cloud big time.
post #109 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifail View Post

touchscreens will not kill kill tactile keyboards and touchUI is not as robust as using a mouse.

Maybe not for the office, but for the home I can see myself sitting on the couch with my legs up knocking out a report on that thing.
post #110 of 779
I'd consider buying some stock now that it's on the way down. It's like everyone forgot about Monday!

Product doesn't seem too great to be honest. It's going to have to gain a lot of momentum and support to succeed. No flash is pretty lame, but expected. The name makes it sound like Apple made a line of sanitary towels. But, as always, the UI looks awesome.
post #111 of 779
Quote:

apple stock down

What's with all you Sherlocks who think you need to post stock updates, as if you're providing us with information?
post #112 of 779
I am thoroughly unimpressed.

Fuck anyone who spread a rumor based off nothing more than an idea or a thought of what they wanted. This is why I hate reading rumors, or that rumors get so much attention.

This thing is cool, but definitely not the product we all (or at least I) was expecting. Maybe next year.

Now the fanboys will come in and talk about how revolutionary and amazing this thing is lol
post #113 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by willlarson View Post

I hope Microsoft and Google sue you, Apple.

And what would be the lawsuit?
post #114 of 779
No 3G? No Flash?

Huge disappointment for me!!
post #115 of 779
Quote:

Ding ding ding! I'm buying one for that reason alone.

post #116 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by i386 View Post

It makes no sense this device. I use my iphone to read a lot in the odds of places but this thing who needs it ?

I suppose you could play electronic board games on it with the family. Unless it's like 200 - 300 euros maybe.

I think Jobs fails to understand e-ink which is the future to replace paper, it's easier to read and has super battery life.

Also the screen is the wrong size it's too large and too small. Big fat failure this, another Apple TV

E-Ink wasn't used because it can't really do color or video at this point in time. The iPad wasn't meant to be "just another e-book reader."
post #117 of 779
Good god, how much of that real estate is bezel?
post #118 of 779
haha, I called it. Every 30 minutes a new article popping up about how awesome and revolutionary this device was going to be. I said it was going to be a larger iPhone without the phone. I don't even see anything so far regarding a GPS. There goes the use of google maps or using localized apps, which would be the number 1 reason that I would even consider buying it.
post #119 of 779
what a disappointment. its just a big ipod touch that you cant carry around in your pocket. and the bezel....
post #120 of 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

[B]This thing is cool, but definitely not the product we all (or at least I) was expecting. Maybe next year.

Well send in a resume and start working for Apple. You want to improve it, go work for them.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple reveals long-awaited multi-touch 'iPad'