or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › State of the Union 2010
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

State of the Union 2010 - Page 3

post #81 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

Yes, that's how it works in politics. His staffers come up with 'gotcha' questions, so that he can prepare what to say, should they come up.
My whole point is that he is as dumb as liberals think President Bush is, when he isn't spitting out prepared statements, answers, or reading a speech.
It would be one thing, if he genuinely stuttered. His verbal crutch, however, shows he has difficulty trying to figure out what to say, when not prepped, or reading-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyW9e5QdWxk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njy-5...eature=related

You just linked to a two-minute youtube clip edited to make the guy look foolish.

I, on the other hand, linked you to an HOUR-LONG Q&A WITH PREVIOUSLY UNHEARD QUESTIONS.

In which he answered with

hey, you haven't even fucking seen the Q&A, have you? You fucking haven't. He doesn't answer 'Gotcha' questions. Well, there are plenty. We're dealing with Republicans. But he also talks about Republican policy documents and political process and economics.

Watch the fucking clip. Just fifteen minutes of it.

You have to learn to trust what you see. Or you opinion is not worth anything. To anyone.
post #82 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

You just linked to a two-minute youtube clip edited to make the guy look foolish.

I, on the other hand, linked you to an HOUR-LONG Q&A WITH PREVIOUSLY UNHEARD QUESTIONS.

In which he answered with

hey, you haven't even fucking seen the Q&A, have you? You fucking haven't. He doesn't answer 'Gotcha' questions. Well, there are plentyl. He also talks about Republican policy documents and economics.

Watch the fucking clip. Just fifteen minutes of it.

He looks foolish, because that's the real Obama, without the prep, speech and memorized answers. Some will only see him as the polished robot he is, however.
post #83 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

He looks foolish, because that's the real Obama, without the prep, speech and memorized answers. Some will only see him as the polished robot he is, however.

No. He looks foolish because it's an edited two-minute clip designed to make him look foolish.

I provided a link to an hour-long Q&A which proves, if you would have the fucking balls to watch it, that Barack Obama is an extremely persuasive, thoughtful speaker with an analyst's grasp of political process and policy.

Watch the thing. There's no way you'd be arguing the bullshit you're arguing now if you'd actually watch it.

So watch it, and perhaps earn the right to have your opinions taken seriously.
post #84 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

No. He looks foolish because it's an edited two-minute clip designed to make him look foolish.

I provided a link to an hour-long Q&A which proves, if you would have the fucking balls to watch it, that Barack Obama is an extremely persuasive, thoughtful speaker with an analyst's grasp of political process and policy.

Watch the thing. There's no way you'd be arguing the bullshit you're arguing now if you'd actually watch it.

So watch it, and perhaps earn the right to have your opinions taken seriously.

No one has to make him look foolish- he does that on his own when not spitting out lines or reading a speech. He's a good actor. Fortunately most of Americans now see him for what he is.
post #85 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

No one has to make him look foolish- he does that on his own when not spitting out lines or reading a speech. He's a good actor. Fortunately most of Americans now see him for what he is.

You haven't watched the footage of Barack Obama at the Republican Retreat.

I've linked to it.

You won't watch it.

Good luck convincing anyone your opinion's worth anything.

Because it isn't.

Not because I don't agree with it. But because you won't even use your own eyes to forge an opinion of your own.
post #86 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

You haven't watched the footage of Barack Obama at the Republican Retreat.

I've linked to it.

You won't watch it.

Good luck convincing anyone your opinion's worth anything.

Because it isn't.

Not because I don't agree with it. But because you won't even use your own eyes to forge an opinion of your own.

You don't know what I have or haven't watched. Polished answers don't mean anything to me. His unprepared remarks are far more telling.
post #87 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

You don't know what I have or haven't watched. Polished answers don't mean anything to me. His unprepared remarks are far more telling.

No, I do know you haven't seen it.

If you had seen it, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The guy took questions he hadn't seen and couldn't have prepared for, for more than an hour.

That's it. That's all. You haven't seen it. If you had, you wouldn't be here debating this.
post #88 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

No, I do know you haven't seen it.

If you had seen it, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The guy took questions he hadn't seen and couldn't have prepared for, for more than an hour.

That's it. That's all. You haven't seen it. If you had, you wouldn't be here debating this.

I'm just not so simply impressed by a Q&A his handlers prepped him for. How he responds to unprepared questions shows his intelligence and knowledge. Reciting lines is for actors, not presidents.
post #89 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

I'm just not so simply impressed by a Q&A his handlers prepped him for. How he responds to unprepared questions shows his intelligence and knowledge. Reciting lines is for actors, not presidents.

You haven't fucking watched the video.

I understand.

It is impossible to 'prepare' for a Q and A over an hour long with questions you have not seen in advance from a hostile room of 140 Republicans representatives.

It is impossible.

You haven't seen the video.

And until you do, until you can forge an opinion by using the evidence of your own eyes, your opinion is not worth shit.
post #90 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

You haven't fucking watched the video.

I understand.

It is impossible to 'prepare' for a Q and A over an hour long with questions you have not seen in advance from a hostile room of 140 Republicans representatives.

It is impossible.

You haven't seen the video.

Your opinion is not worth shit.

Really, impossible? When I was a staffer for a politician running for re-election, we spent significant amounts of time thinking up any and all likely questions the opposition would ask. Then we helped prepare answers. Every politician does it. Are you saying Obama has no staffers, or that he is the only politician who doesn't prep in such a way?
What is telling about Obama is how he attempt to respond to questions he clearly hasn't prepped for- as in the examples I posted. That's where the verbal crutches, misdirection and confusion arise.
post #91 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

I'm just not so simply impressed by a Q&A his handlers prepped him for. How he responds to unprepared questions shows his intelligence and knowledge. Reciting lines is for actors, not presidents.

Who are you comparing this to? The fumbling guy we had last time " And so in my state of the........state of the union......my...my speech to the nation "

Clearly he was prepared!

It would be great if this was all relevant to any of the issues in the SOU.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #92 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Who are you comparing this to? The fumbling guy we had last time " And so in my state of the........state of the union......my...my speech to the nation "

It would be great if this was all relevant to any of the issues in the SOU.

Are you saying Obama is as stupid as you perceive President Bush to be?
post #93 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

Are you saying Obama is as stupid as you perceive President Bush to be?

No I'm saying he thinks where the Bush was just a fuck up.

I'm also saying what your posting is not only nonsense it's irrelevant to the issues. With Bush no one was at the wheel. At least Obama's trying.

And if you think this isn't true just look at the end result of 8 years of Republican rule.

But all of this is just partisan rhetoric. Any Republican had better get with the program if they want to be reelected. The American voter doesn't have any more time for this crap.

They are even less popular than Obama right now. There's a reason ( an attitude ) which you are displaying very clearly.

However it's nothing new. Just ask SDW2001.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #94 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

Really, impossible? When I was a staffer for a politician running for re-election, we spent significant amounts of time thinking up any and all likely questions the opposition would ask. Then we helped prepare answers. Every politician does it. Are you saying Obama has no staffers, or that he is the only politician who doesn't prep in such a way?
What is telling about Obama is how he attempt to respond to questions he clearly hasn't prepped for- as in the examples I posted. That's where the verbal crutches, misdirection and confusion arise.

If you had seen the video, which you have not, you would know why this is a very foolish thing to write.

And until you do, and you continue to base your understanding of your nation's politics and its prominent figures on blogs rather than the evidence of your own eyes, your opinion is worth nothing.
post #95 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

If you had seen the video, which you have not, you would know why this is a very foolish thing to write.

And until you do, and you continue to base your understanding of your nation's politics and its prominent figures on blogs rather than the evidence of your own eyes, your opinion is worth nothing.

Yeah you gotta love those blogs! They mean so much when just anybody with a bias can talk themselves to death and some actually think they're being authoritative. " I read it on a blog on the internet so it must be true! "
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #96 of 128
[QUOTE=jimmac;1563331]No I'm saying he thinks where the Bush was just a fuck up.

I'm also saying what your posting is not only nonsense it's irrelevant to the issues. With Bush no one was at the wheel. At least Obama's trying.

And if you think this isn't true just look at the end result of 8 years of Republican rule.

But all of this is just partisan rhetoric. Any Republican had better get with the program if they want to be reelected. The American voter doesn't have any more time for this crap.

They are even less popular than Obama right now. There's a reason ( an attitude ) which you are displaying very clearly.

However it's nothing new. Just ask SDW2001.

I guess you missed what happened in VA, NJ, and Mass... Who is the voting public fed up with?
post #97 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

If you had seen the video, which you have not, you would know why this is a very foolish thing to write.

And until you do, and you continue to base your understanding of your nation's politics and its prominent figures on blogs rather than the evidence of your own eyes, your opinion is worth nothing.

Just what blogs are you referring to? I'm going by how confused and inept your hero sounds when he isn't spitting out prepared lines. He'd be a great actor, though...
post #98 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

I guess you missed what happened in VA, NJ, and Mass... Who is the voting public fed up with?

You do know that quite a few republicans will be retiring this time around?

Steve just look at any recent poll. As far the voting public's concerned the the Republicans suck. There's a reason.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #99 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

Just what blogs are you referring to? I'm going by how confused and inept your hero sounds when he isn't spitting out prepared lines. He'd be a great actor, though...

How about " The New Dead Majority " ( oops! Red ).
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #100 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You do know that quite a few republicans will be retiring this time around?

Steve just look at any recent poll. As far the voting public's concerned the the Republicans suck. There's a reason.

As will a number of Democrats.

The recent elections are a far better barometer of public opinion than polls.
post #101 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

Just what blogs are you referring to? I'm going by how confused and inept your hero sounds when he isn't spitting out prepared lines. He'd be a great actor, though...

There is a link for you to click on when you're prepared to actually base your opinions on facts.

Until then, you can carry on repeating crap you read on the internet. You can carry on basing your understanding of the most serious issues of our time on things which are not true.

If you can't think for yourself, if you can't even look for first hand information for yourself, so that you can form your opinion, your opinion isn't worth shit.
post #102 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

As will a number of Democrats.

The recent elections are a far better barometer of public opinion than polls.

Quote:
As will a number of Democrats.

Many more Republicans than Democrats though. Just look at the numbers.

Quote:
The recent elections are a far better barometer of public opinion than polls

Now you're just making stuff up. Nice wishful thinking but have a look : http://usaelectionpolls.com/
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #103 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Many more Republicans than Democrats though. Just look at the numbers.



Now you're just making stuff up. Nice wishful thinking but have a look : http://usaelectionpolls.com/

Republicans sweep in Virginia, win in NJ and Mass., and you are saying public opinion sides with the Dems? These elections are a reflection on your hero, not the Republican party.
post #104 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Now you're just making stuff up. Nice wishful thinking but have a look : http://usaelectionpolls.com/

I am not sure what you think he is making up, but most of the polls in your link are of dubious reputation, or are too dated. However, Rasmussen (one of the two or three top notch national pollsters) suggests he is on the right track (and ironically agrees with NPR). As of Feb. 2nd:

Quote:
Republican candidates lead Democrats by seven points in the latest edition of the Generic Congressional Ballot.

The new national telephone survey shows that 45% would vote for their district’s Republican congressional candidate while 38% would opt for his or her Democratic opponent. ...

Republicans started the year ahead by nine points -- their largest lead in several years -- while support for Democrats fell to its lowest level in years. Republicans have held the lead on the ballot for several months now.

Among voters not affiliated with either major party, the GOP leads this week by a 45% to 25% margin.

The latest numbers highlight a remarkable change in the political environment during 2009. When President Obama was inaugurated, Democrats enjoyed a seven-point advantage on the Generic Ballot. Throughout the fall and winter of 2008, support for Democratic congressional candidates ranged from 42% to 47%. Republican support ranged from 37% to 41%. The two parties were very close on the Generic Ballot throughout the spring of 2009, but Republicans pulled ahead for good in late June.

In January, the number of Americans identifying themselves as Democrats fell further to the lowest level recorded in more than seven years of monthly tracking by Rasmussen Reports. However, the number of Republicans in the country also dropped by nearly two percentage points. The number of adults not affiliated with either major party is now up to 32.3%. That’s the highest number of unaffiliateds since the summer of 2007.

...One of the new initiatives in President Obama’s State of the Union speech last Wednesday is a three-year freeze on discretionary government spending, but voters overwhelmingly believe the freeze will have little or no impact on the federal deficit. Most voters also don't believe several of the major assertions the president made about the economy during his State of the Union remarks.

Fifty-three percent (53%) of voters believe cutting government spending is good for the economy. Fifty-eight percent (58%) say the government has too much influence over the economy.

Thirty-eight percent (38%) say the United States and its allies are winning the war on terror. That’s the third time in four Rasmussen Reports tracking surveys that confidence has been below 40%. Numbers that bleak haven’t been recorded in consecutive surveys since the middle of 2007. Voters are also more concerned than ever on the safety and security of the U.S. from terrorism.

In Election 2010 Senate races, Democratic incumbents are behind in Nevada, Colorado, Arkansas and Pennsylvania. Democratic incumbents are in potentially competitive races in California, Indiana and Wisconsin.

Republicans lead open-seat races in Delaware, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Dakota and Ohio. Democrats lead in Connecticut, and the race is close in Illinois. Republican incumbents lead in North Carolina and Iowa
,

Rasmussen Reports also has released polls on the 2010 governor’s races in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Wisconsin and Texas.

The worm has turned.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ssional_ballot
post #105 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxParrish View Post

I am not sure what you think he is making up, but most of the polls in your link are of dubious reputation, or are too dated. However, Rasmussen (one of the two or three top notch national pollsters) suggests he is on the right track (and ironically agrees with NPR). As of Feb. 2nd:



The worm has turned.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ssional_ballot

No matter what they have won recently most polls still show republicans very unpopular.
Now you can choose to believe them or disbelieve. It won't change anything.

That's why you get things like this : http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/200912...s/ynews_pl1017

And I know your poll is from February and this is from late Decenber http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...id=n3EZ78tQ78z

But not that much has changed since then except a few votes against HCRF.

We were hearing this kind of wishful thinking based on incomplete evidence before the last election.

Saying " The worm has turned " about these recent wins for the GOP is like everything else that comes out of them these days. Meaningless.
The Tea Party don't have a chance of course and I wouldn't count your worms just yet.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35261088...more_politics/
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #106 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

No matter what they have won recently most polls still show republicans very unpopular.
Now you can choose to believe them or disbelieve. It won't change anything.

I choose to believe election results.
post #107 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

I choose to believe election results.

Then look at the last national election. It said something you shouldn't ignore.

People were basically fed up with the Republicans ( and remember this was only a little more than a a year ago ).

Now they're getting fed up with the whole thing but rememeber that doesn't automatically let the Republicans off the hook by any stretch of the imagination.

The Republicans are way off track from where they should be. Since we were controlled by them for 6 to 8 years ( depending on your view ) we're way off track as well.

The Democrats need to pull it together ( like they did in the last election ) and quit being weaklings. If they really want to change things ( and change we need ) they need a united front.

3rd parties are basically going nowhere ( not that I wouldn't vote for one if they were viable ).

All of these elements need to work together if we want out of this pickle we've made for ourselves. Mudslinging and clever quips basically get you nowhere in the realm of solving problems. Offering the same old crap that got us into this won't do it. Unorganized fronts to attack the problems we have with this economy and other problems won't do it. Hoping for a 3rd party answer when they only seem to offer a slightly different flavor of the same old thing or approaches that are unrealistic won't do it. We need to stop being children and work together for the country not the party. That might do it.

That's it in a nutshell. Anything else is sophistry.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #108 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Then look at the last national election. It said something you shouldn't ignore.

People were basically fed up with the Republicans ( and remember this was only a little more than a ayear ago ).

Now they're getting fed up with the whole thing but rememeber that doesn't automatically let the Republicans off the hook by any stretch of the imagination.

The Republicans are way off track from where they should be. Since we were controlled by them for 6 to 8 years ( depending on your view ) we're way off track as well. The Democrats need to pull it together ( like they did in the last election ) and quit being weaklings. If they really want to change things ( and change we need ) they need a united front. 3rd parties are basically going nowhere ( not that I wouldn't vote for one if they were viable ).

All of these elements need to work together if we want out of this pickle we've made for ourselves. Mudslinging and clever quips basically get you nowhere in the realm of solving. Offering the same old crap that got us into this won't do it. Unorganized fronts to attack the problems we have with this economy and other problems won't do it. Hoping for a 3rd party answer when they only seem to offer a slightly different flavor of the same old thing or approaches that are unrealistic won't do it. We need to stop being children and work together for the country not the party. That might do it.

That's it in a nutshell. Anything else is sophistry.

If Omaba were up for re-election this November, he'd lose. Perception of him has radically shifted since the election. It really doesn't matter what Republicans do; voters are showing their dissatisfaction with Obama and the Admin by voting against Dems.
The 1st 6 years were pretty good -great. The economy didn't start to fall apart until the last 2 , when Dems took over Congress.
post #109 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

If Omaba were up for re-election this November, he'd lose. Perception of him has radically shifted since the election. It really doesn't matter what Republicans do; voters are showing their dissatisfaction with Obama and the Admin by voting against Dems.
The 1st 6 years were pretty good -great. The economy didn't start to fall apart until the last 2 , when Dems took over Congress.

Tell me do you really believe that because Obama has dipped in the polls it's an automatic uptick for Republicans ( a few wins for obvious reasons aside )? If you do that's pretty shallow thinking.


Quote:
The 1st 6 years were pretty good -great



For who?

Quote:
The economy didn't start to fall apart until the last 2 , when Dems took over Congress

Uh recession, Twin towers, unnecessary war. Bush started with a surplus and went through it in six months.

And that's before things got really bad. Back then all he did was take vacations. And look where we are now. In Bush's two terms in office he nearly doubled the deficit and left us with this economic debacle. And Steve it took longer than two years to brew this much trouble. Don't kid yourself.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #110 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

The 1st 6 years were pretty good -great. The economy didn't start to fall apart until the last 2 , when Dems took over Congress.

That's not true. The effects may have been only felt in the last two years of the Bush mandate.

But the seed of the problems we are experiencing began under Clinton, worsened under Bush, and have now been badly compounded by Obama.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #111 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

That's not true. The effects may have been only felt in the last two years of the Bush mandate.

But the seed of the problems we are experiencing began under Clinton, worsened under Bush, and have now been badly compounded by Obama.

I can't argue with that. However there are some who say it started even earlier.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #112 of 128
The GOP have become the SOP. Same Old Party.

Same old failures that led us to our current situation. Same cowboy foreign policy that turned us into the most hated Western nation on Earth. Same old greed that led us to near economic collapse.

Obama's failures have been due to his misguided attempts to work with these idiots.
post #113 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

That's not true. The effects may have been only felt in the last two years of the Bush mandate.

But the seed of the problems we are experiencing began under Clinton, worsened under Bush, and have now been badly compounded by Obama.

This seems pretty accurate to me-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZVw...d=event_597487
post #114 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Tell me do you really believe that because Obama has dipped in the polls it's an automatic uptick for Republicans ( a few wins for obvious reasons aside )? If you do that's pretty shallow thinking.




For who?



Uh recession, Twin towers, unnecessary war. Bush started with a surplus and went through it in six months.

And that's before things got really bad. Back then all he did was take vacations. And look where we are now. In Bush's two terms in office he nearly doubled the deficit and left us with this economic debacle. And Steve it took longer than two years to brew this much trouble. Don't kid yourself.

For those who can adapt to a changing economic climate, and who don't rely on the government or handouts succeed.

The recent elections prove there has been a dramatic uptick for Republicans, but, as I said, voters are voting against Dems, rather than for Reps.
War spending was great for the economy. It brought out of the recessions from the internet bubble and 9/11. Deficit spending didn't cause the recession we just came out of.
By your 'reasoning', Bush caused all of this by spending too much. How does Obama spending far, far more, in much less time fix anything?
post #115 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

For those who can adapt to a changing economic climate, and who don't rely on the government or handouts succeed.

The recent elections prove there has been a dramatic uptick for Republicans, but, as I said, voters are voting against Dems, rather than for Reps.
War spending was great for the economy. It brought out of the recessions from the internet bubble and 9/11. Deficit spending didn't cause the recession we just came out of.
By your 'reasoning', Bush caused all of this by spending too much. How does Obama spending far, far more, in much less time fix anything?

Quote:
By your 'reasoning', Bush caused all of this by spending too much.

I guess you don't read all of the thread. Here's what I said to frank a little bit later to his statement about where this ecnomic downturn came from :

Quote:
I can't argue with that. However there are some who say it started even earlier.

This problem started a long time ago before Bush or even Clinton and certainly before Obama. All I was saying is that if you look at the facts Bush was a less than stellar leader.

Quote:
War spending was great for the economy.

Give me an example of how this most recent war was good for our economy. That sort of thinking used to be true. War is no longer profitable in the same sense it used to be for many reasons. One of them is that war is much more costly to wage than it used to be. Did you know that every time they launch a cruise missle it costs a million dollars? Woosh! There' goes a million dead presidents in one place. Also we're a global economy now. So attacking another country has far reaching effects that go beyond just the two countries. Now were in the place where our military is worn out they've been doing this stuff for almost 10 years! We don't have the money or man power to keep this up. Plus the fact that wy the hell did we invade Iraq in the firt place. It certainly wasn't the advertised reason. So we fought two wars ( that we're still supporting by the way ) and we're still up shit creek. How do you explain that if war is so good for the economy?

Quote:
The recent elections prove there has been a dramatic uptick for Republicans, but, as I said, voters are voting against Dems, rather than for Reps.

But if you look at the polls Republicans should be having a field day if the relationship is as you see it. However the truth is that the Republiocans are still more unpopular over all than the Democrats. People are fed up with partisanship, muslinging, and blaming the other guy. They'd much rather see results which right now they aren't getting from anywhere.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #116 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

The GOP have become the SOP. Same Old Party.

Same old failures that led us to our current situation. Same cowboy foreign policy that turned us into the most hated Western nation on Earth. Same old greed that led us to near economic collapse.

Obama's failures have been due to his misguided attempts to work with these idiots.

I'm afraid he has to work with these idiots. The thing is the Democrats should be stronger on the issues if they really believe in their viewpoint. The Republicans would be unrelenting. They have to be the same.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #117 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Obama's failures have been due to his misguided attempts to work with these idiots.

What nonsense. ObamaCare contained none of the major proposals put forward by conservatives & libertarians (like the Whole Foods plan) and was written by the most liberal members of Congress.

The fact that even Moderate Democrats wavered from supporting Obama's plan was a clear sign that the proposals were not compatible with any conservative/libertarian voices.

Obama was failing long before the SOTU address, and that was the first time he'd reached out to Republicans in a major way.

His failures, and the idiocy behind them, are all his own.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #118 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

What nonsense. ObamaCare contained none of the major proposals put forward by conservatives & libertarians (like the Whole Foods plan) and was written by the most liberal members of Congress.

The fact that even Moderate Democrats wavered from supporting Obama's plan was a clear sign that the proposals were not compatible with any conservative/libertarian voices.

Obama was failing long before the SOTU address, and that was the first time he'd reached out to Republicans in a major way.

His failures, and the idiocy behind them, are all his own.

Sigh! I knew any agreement with you would be fleeting.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #119 of 128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

What nonsense. ObamaCare contained none of the major proposals put forward by conservatives & libertarians (like the Whole Foods plan) and was written by the most liberal members of Congress.

The fact that even Moderate Democrats wavered from supporting Obama's plan was a clear sign that the proposals were not compatible with any conservative/libertarian voices.

Obama was failing long before the SOTU address, and that was the first time he'd reached out to Republicans in a major way.

His failures, and the idiocy behind them, are all his own.

Explain to me how it's Obama's fault that the spineless Democrats in congress care more about their special interests, campaign contributions, and corporate owners than the real socialized medicine this country desperately needs.

Obama says: I want a healthcare plan that does X, Y, and Z.

Democrats in congress: Well, we're too afraid to piss off our corporate overlords so how about a plan that does some of X, a smidge of Y, and none of Z?

Right wing nuts: OBAMA IS TERRIBLE HIS HEALTHCARE PLAN IS SHIT!!! AHHH DEATH PANELS AHHH!!!!

Obama's plan isn't the problem. It's the retarded legislative bodies who refuse to put it into action who are to blame.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #120 of 128
I'm sure the lobbyists have something to do with it. And that's all on Obama, who promised to rid Washington of them...but didn't.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › State of the Union 2010