or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Using a Microsoft Mac 08 font in Iworks 09

Using a Microsoft Mac 08 font in Iworks 09

post #1 of 4
My problem is that I want to use Arial Round Bold for a document I'm working on.

In Office I can use the font in bold and italic as well as regular however in iworks I can only use it as regular.

This is limiting me in terms of formatting. Ideally I'd like to transfer the office font over so I can have this ability in iworks.

I've had a bit of a scout online, but I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to techy stuff. I understand that there are different font types for mac and pc and have had a look at font converters, but at $179, Transtype isn't cheap.

Is there something obvious here that I'm missing?

Any light you can shed on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
post #2 of 4
Find someone with Office for the Mac. They should have the fonts you need.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Find someone with Office for the Mac. They should have the fonts you need.

I have Office for the Mac, I want to know how to put the font so it works in pages. I found the font but it has no extension but describes itself as a kind: Font Suitcase.

Thanks,

Jo
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by All i want is cake and love View Post

I have Office for the Mac, I want to know how to put the font so it works in pages. I found the font but it has no extension but describes itself as a kind: Font Suitcase.

Thanks,

Jo

Put it in the folder Library/Fonts. That should do it.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Using a Microsoft Mac 08 font in Iworks 09