or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › iPad photos show slot for forward-facing video camera

iPad photos show slot for forward-facing video camera - Page 6

post #201 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Good points. It's remarkable to me how, after this many years, iChat is still virtually useless. I don't know a single other Mac user who uses it, so when I do video chats, it's over Jabber/Googletalk in the web browser, which is buggy, clunky and erratic. If Apple really wants iChat to be big, and to work well on an iPad, they will probably have to release a Windows version. I don't see Apple being so tremendously committed to video chatting as perhaps others do, and I offer as evidence the continued lack of Jabber support for video conference in iChat on the Mac. And now they're going to put a camera in the iPad -- and for what? To proliferate a feature that fundamentally doesn't work very well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

Amen to that brother!

I feel sorry for poor old Ralph Johns who haunts the Apple forums explaining how to open firewalls and do various other magic to get iChat to work.

C.

I use iChat to remotely connect to machines and I know plenty of typical users that are fine with GTalk or AIM through iChat. I use Adium since I connect to multiple accounts and like the tweaking I can do.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #202 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I use iChat to remotely connect to machines and I know plenty of typical users that are fine with GTalk or AIM through iChat. I use Adium since I connect to multiple accounts and like the tweaking I can do.

Can you make video chat work with iChat and a Windows user? As far as I can tell, that's not possible. You're stuck with Googletalk and their lousy browser plugins.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #203 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charel View Post

Has anyone seen a mobile camera that has the quality Apple would demand for products like the iPad?
I believe they pulled the camera from the iPod touch because it was not good enough. Apple will wait until there is a camera that will show pictures and video worthy of HD with a form factor that fits in a small device such as the iPad at the right price. Anything less will result in a stream of disappointed users and pundits spouting their
disdain all over the internet forums.
I suggest you do without until Apple installs one.

I find it hard to believe that a company as large and high tech as apple cannot get a camera to be good enough for the IPad Look at the quality of camera s available from Sharp with the Japanese camera phones , The major players Nokia and suchlike have nothing on the specs and functions of the KDDI , NTT , and softbank phones in Japan.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › iPad photos show slot for forward-facing video camera