or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Intel 6-core i7-powered Mac Pro rumored to launch this month

Intel 6-core i7-powered Mac Pro rumored to launch this month - Page 6

post #201 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post

Why don't you just build a hackintosh, LBB? You are very obviously never going to be happy with an Apple machine.

Where's the drama in that?
post #202 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #203 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Touché!
Providing grist for the rumour mill since 2001.
Providing grist for the rumour mill since 2001.
post #204 of 207
FYI Apple Store is down. Maybe the new Mac Pros will be available for order when it is back up.
post #205 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

FYI Apple Store is down. Maybe the new Mac Pros will be available for order when it is back up.

But it's only Monday. The whole system is breaking down.

They are way overdue though so a day early isn't such a bad thing. Not that it matters starting at $2499 with 3GB RAM.

It's not too bad over a 3 year period as it would be about £2500 for the 8-core, 16 thread model, which is about £800 a year and you'd be able to sell it for £1000 after 3 years so the expense is only £500 a year.

If Apple would let you lease the machine instead, that would be cool. So you just pay £500 a year and get the Mac Pro, then give it back after 3 years to get the new one and keep paying the same rate. No interest. You never actually own the machine so you only pay the amount minus the resale value. Even £700 a year would be ok as long as there's no interest and the Applecare warranty is included.
post #206 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

They are way overdue though so a day early isn't such a bad thing. Not that it matters starting at $2499 with 3GB RAM.

It's not too bad over a 3 year period as it would be about £2500 for the 8-core, 16 thread model, which is about £800 a year and you'd be able to sell it for £1000 after 3 years so the expense is only £500 a year.

If Apple would let you lease the machine instead, that would be cool. So you just pay £500 a year and get the Mac Pro, then give it back after 3 years to get the new one and keep paying the same rate. No interest. You never actually own the machine so you only pay the amount minus the resale value. Even £700 a year would be ok as long as there's no interest and the Applecare warranty is included.

BACK UP . MAC PRO is LAUNCHED
post #207 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Leasing is available in the USA.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Intel 6-core i7-powered Mac Pro rumored to launch this month